PDA

View Full Version : Street fighter build

Xyk
2008-03-03, 12:02 AM
I think it would be fun to make a street fighter. I am, however, rather unimpressed with the prestige class in CAd. All books allowed. I would like to have ToB included.

I was thinking some combination of warblade/swordsage, rogue, scout, maybe fighter.

Rachel Lorelei
2008-03-03, 12:10 AM
I have a build specifically for this.

Swordsage X/Fighter 2/Warblade 2/Bloodclaw Master 2 overall.

Swordsage 1->Fighter 1->Warblade 1->Swordsage +4->BCM 2->Swordsage +1->Warblade +1->Swordsage +X, mixing Fighter +1 in there whenver it's time to take Greater TWF.

Take Adapative Style and Shadow Blade, Weapon Finesse, TWF, pick up Iron Heart Aura and Stormguard Warrior for delicious TWF cake...

You can use Burning/Searing Blade boosts, Child of Shadow stance, and the Gloom Razor tactical feat if you don't mind a little non-mundane stuff. Ignore them if you're going for pure mystical-less gritty.

Xyk
2008-03-03, 12:35 AM
I have a build specifically for this.

Swordsage X/Fighter 2/Warblade 2/Bloodclaw Master 2 overall.

Swordsage 1->Fighter 1->Warblade 1->Swordsage +4->BCM 2->Swordsage +1->Warblade +1->Swordsage +X, mixing Fighter +1 in there whenver it's time to take Greater TWF.

Take Adapative Style and Shadow Blade, Weapon Finesse, TWF, pick up Iron Heart Aura and Stormguard Warrior for delicious TWF cake...

You can use Burning/Searing Blade boosts, Child of Shadow stance, and the Gloom Razor tactical feat if you don't mind a little non-mundane stuff. Ignore them if you're going for pure mystical-less gritty.

So this one would basically be a swordsage with 2 daggers or similiar weapons with an outrageously high dex. Very nice. Could certainly be a fun street-fighter, though it looks like it's just an invisible blade but alot better.

Rachel Lorelei
2008-03-03, 12:57 AM
So this one would basically be a swordsage with 2 daggers or similiar weapons with an outrageously high dex. Very nice. Could certainly be a fun street-fighter, though it looks like it's just an invisible blade but alot better.

Swordsage with two daggers, yes. Also, unarmed strike: you take the "Unarmed Swordsage" adaptation (and wear armor anyway--you gain proficiency from other classes, plus armor with no Armor Check Penalty is effectively penalty-free for nonproficient people).

The end result is a pretty gritty style that looks like (if you describe it that way) a combination of kali and Muay Thai--an infighter with knife-work supplemented by knees and elbows.

Tura
2008-03-03, 07:10 AM
Daggers or any other preferred Shadow Hands weapon: sai, short sword, spiked chain, siangham, unarmed strike. (Which basically means daggers, short swords or unarmed strike.)

Another classic is a barbarian dip, the lion totem variant. Lose fast movement, gain pounce. It is usually combined with power attack builds (which is not the case), but with TWF any method that lets you move and full attack is a good idea. I'm not sure if it fits in this build though, I think you'll lose an important feat. What level do you want?

The Sudden Leap maneuver also lets you jump as a swift action. It has limitations, but if you invest in Jump (and Tumble), you can move from one enemy to another (once) without losing valuable attacks. If you have a feat to burn (but I mean really burn), Leap of the Heavens eliminates the double DC for jumping without a running start (read: doubles the number of squares you can move this way).

Also, check this (http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-713640)thread, it is very relevant and if you scroll down you'll find some nice maneuvers combos.

Person_Man
2008-03-03, 10:18 AM
A couple of good options:

Frozen Dwarf Hulk Smash (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50588)!!!

Shifter Monk 3/Psychic Warrior 3/Warshaper 1/Fist of the Forest 3/Psychic Warrior X

A Monk's Belt increases your effective Monk level by 5 levels.

Superior Unarmed Strike (Tome of Battle) increases your effective Monk level by 4 levels.

Fist of the Forest (Complete Champion) increases your unarmed Monk damage by two steps up the Monk scale. Since you're effectively a 12th level Monk, this increases your unarmed damage from 2d6 to 2d10.

Improved Natural Attack increases your effective size for one natural weapon size by one step, from 2d10 to 4d8.

One level of Warshaper increases your effective size of all natural weapons by one step, from 4d8 to 6d8.

Use the augmented version of the Expansion power to increase your size by two steps, increasing your unarmed damage from 6d8 to 8d8 to 12d8. If you're playing a mid level game and don't have enough Psychic Warrior levels to use the augmented version, consider picking up the Overchannel feat.

Take Scorpion's Grasp from Sandstorm. Now whenever you hit an enemy, you get a free Grapple check. If you succeed, you deal Unarmed Strike damage (again) and can finish out your full attack with opposed Grapple checks, dealing unarmed strike damage every time you win.

If you can't be a Shifter, take Expanded Knowledge (Metamorphosis) instead, which also lets you qualify for Warshaper.

If you're in Eberron, you can take Monastic Training and Tashalatora feats so that your Psychic Warrior levels stack with your Monk levels for unarmed damage, so you won't need a Monk's Belt or Superior Unarmed Strike.

Also, although this method is the most efficient, there are others. Here's the list of stuff (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=662842). Scroll down to Increasing Monk Damage.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-03, 10:25 AM
Natural Attacks are not Unarmed Strikes. Don't ask me why, but they aren't.

Person_Man
2008-03-03, 10:44 AM

Correct. Unarmed Strikes are a distinct category.

Unless you take a level of Monk. "A monk’s unarmed strike is treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons."

If you have this special ability, then you can take feats/spells/PrC that improve natural attacks, and apply them to unarmed strikes.

Zincorium
2008-03-03, 10:45 AM

Natural attacks are not unarmed strikes because you're always considered armed when you have natural attacks.

On the other hand, a monk's (and only a monk's) unarmed strikes are counted as natural weapons for any effect.

Ain't 3.x fun?

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-03, 03:28 PM
When you said Street Fighter build, my mind went instantly to the game. With that in mind:

Lion Totem Barbarian1/ Unarmed Swordsage5/Pyrokeneticist4/Bloodclaw master5

Flaming Fists of Fury! Lion Totem Barbarian means always getting a full attack on a charge. Swordsage has Concentration as a class skill, making easy entry to Pyrokeneticist, and Bloodclaw Master for cap.

In short, who needs weapons, you have fists. Your fists are d8 weapons, not too shabby. Max out the TWF chain, of course. Snap Kick as well. Wild Talent for the power points.

So, your normal attacks do d8+2d6 fire + str mod. You apply full strength to all attacks. You can pounce and still crank out a lot of attacks.

If your opponent stays at range, fine. If he's within 15' and you don't feel like charging, pull out the Flame Lash and beat him with touch attacks. Or just start shooting 4d6 bolts of fire.

Up close? You chew them a new one. At range? Burn them alive. Just don't yell out 'Hadoken!' when using your Bolt of Fire ability. Please.