PDA

View Full Version : Some more Bard song ideas.

Tempest Fennac
2008-03-03, 04:03 AM
A little while back, I suggested a few new feats which would give Bards new ideas, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3944621 , but it slipped to the point where I would be necroing it if I brought it back, so I started a new thread Unless stated, each ability will consume 1 use of Bardic music/round, and the effects will stop wen the Bard stops playing.

Are "Friends" Electric?
Prequisites: 8 ranks in Perform.
Must worship a diety with the Air Domain.
Effect: all allies within 30 feet get Electric Resistance 10, and their natural weapons, unarmed strikes and weapons will inflict 1d6+2 HPs of extra Electricity damage.

(Fire, Cold and Acid versions of this would be called We Didn't Start the Fire, Cold as Ice and Toxicity while using different Domain prequisites with Earth equating to Acid in this case).

Don't Dream It's Over.
Prequisites: 10 Ranks in Perform.
At least 1 Healing spell (including Neutralise Poison).
Effect: uses Fast Healing X on all allies within 30 feet as long as the Bard is playing (X= number of Healing spells. For instance, a Bard with Cure Light, Moderate and Serious Wounds would cast Fast Healing 3).

If anyone has any ideas for improving these ideas (or my older ones), please could you tell me?

DISCLAMER: I picked the names based on the effects rather then picking them because I like them in a lot of cases.

Diva De
2008-03-04, 07:42 AM
Bump, bump, bump, bump, bump, bump the thread!

Maldraugedhen
2008-03-04, 11:54 AM
Desperate Measures
Prerequisites: Must have depleted all uses of Bardic Song at least three days in a row.
Benefit: Desperate Measures may be channeled with the use of the final Bardic Song the user has for the day, and only if the user has less than half of his hit points remaining. Allies within 30 feet gain Fast Healing 4 and +2 to Strength in addition to the usual bonuses provided by the user's Bardic Song. Enemies within 30 feet take an additional -2 Morale penalty on top of any such penalty provided by the user's Bard Song.

TempusCCK
2008-03-04, 12:02 PM
Ditch the diety worship prereq. It doesn't fit with the Bards flavor.

Tempest Fennac
2008-03-04, 01:19 PM
What prequisites would you recommend instead, Tempus? Desparate Measures is quite intersting, Maldraugedhen (Against All Odds would also be a good name for that skill).