PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Mr Scruffy?

Niknokitueu
2008-03-03, 05:22 AM
Just thought it worth posting:

Has anyone noticed/commented on the fact that Mr Scruffy's eyes are displayed in the same manner as people's boots (ie the nearer one is larger than the farther one)?

I have checked back, and everywhere I have seen Mr Scruffy his eyes are lopsided.

IIRC none of the characters have similarily lopsided eyes - is this just Rich's way of drawing animals' eyes, or is there something... sinister... about Mr Scruffy?

Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

Remirach
2008-03-03, 05:26 AM
Has anyone noticed/commented on the fact that Mr Scruffy's eyes are displayed in the same manner as people's boots (ie the nearer one is larger than the farther one)?

I have checked back, and everywhere I have seen Mr Scruffy his eyes are lopsided.

IIRC none of the characters have similarily lopsided eyes
Actually they do, it's just easier to notice with Mr. Scruffy because they are outlined.

Phase
2008-03-03, 07:43 AM
Yeah, Mr Scruffy has normal eyes, but a heart of pure power!

mockingbyrd7
2008-03-03, 09:25 PM
I hate to break it to you, but... ALL of the characters' eyes are like that. Go see for yourself. Mr. Scruffy's eyes are a little more extreme, but every character has one large eye and one small eye.

KitsuneSoup
2008-03-04, 09:56 AM
is there something... sinister... about Mr Scruffy?

Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

Of course there is something sinister about Mr. Scruffy. And it is not just because he is a cat.

Perhaps it is because Mr. Scruffy is the 13th Southern God, and having been left out of the pantheon, he chooses to manipulate the paladins.

KS

kunou126
2008-03-04, 10:13 AM
The eye furthest from the camera is always a bit smaller than the closer eye. This adds to the illusion of depth. If the eyes were the same size, they would simply appear off center. By making one smaller than the other, it aids perception that the heads are actually turned to one side or the other.

And on the topic of Mr. Scruffy...

Has Belkar found his animal companion?

the_tick_rules
2008-03-04, 11:39 AM
maybe he has, he seems bent of corrupting the scruffinator though.