PDA

View Full Version : I Am Ir-on Ma-n!

Voidhawk
2008-03-03, 12:38 PM
In HD (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29275160) but you can find it elsewhere if you've got a slower connection.

So: Does this look like it'll ROCK or what!

Attilargh
2008-03-03, 02:18 PM
Looks pretty neat. Nice CGI, the music rocks, the armour designs are way cool and the guy looks like Tony Stark. This might be worth watching.

Tom_Violence
2008-03-03, 03:09 PM
Given that comic book movies are always amazing, and none of them have ever been even in the slightest bit bad, I have to say that hell yeah this one looks good!

Jibar
2008-03-03, 03:18 PM
and none of them have ever been even in the slightest bit bad,

Please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm...

zeratul
2008-03-03, 03:38 PM
It looks pretty cool I must say. I'm at least going to see it, and hope the actor playing Tony Stark is good.

Baerdog7
2008-03-03, 03:58 PM
Robert Downey Jr. is playing Tony Stark. Of course he'll be good. :smalltongue:

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-03, 03:59 PM
Given that comic book movies are always amazing, and none of them have ever been even in the slightest bit bad, I have to say that hell yeah this one looks good!

To this I have to reply: Incredible Hulk.

However, this one does look pretty cool, all things considered. Here's hoping, anyways. And hey, they got the right theme song for once!

smellie_hippie
2008-03-03, 04:05 PM
Robert Downey Jr. is playing Tony Stark. Of course he'll be good. :smalltongue:

...provided he has stayed faithful to his rehab program...

But yes, the previews look good so far.

kamikasei
2008-03-03, 04:18 PM
...provided he has stayed faithful to his rehab program...

On the other hand, Stark is an alcoholic. (/tasteless)

Metal Head
2008-03-03, 04:24 PM

Ahem....I think I have to say that Daredevil, Hulk, Electra, Cat Woman and probably a few others sucked enough to vacuum up all the trash in the world.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-03, 04:52 PM
I don't think DareDevil was quite so bad as the rest you described, but yea...

On the upside, it looks like he will pull off Mr. Stark's single most defining and important characteristic: his Ego.

Tom_Violence
2008-03-03, 05:12 PM
Please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm please be sarcasm...

Like, duh?

Everyone, please recalibrate your sarcasm detectors. They appear to be faulty.

Phase
2008-03-03, 09:09 PM
Aww MAN! I am SO PSYCHED for this movie. If Batman never existed, Iron Man would've been my favorite superhero ever.

I love how badass he is in that last scene...

Copacetic
2008-03-03, 09:28 PM
This movie is Epic Win. Moving on.

FoE
2008-03-03, 09:31 PM
Aww MAN! I am SO PSYCHED for this movie. If Batman never existed, Iron Man would've been my favorite superhero ever.

I love how badass he is in that last scene...

Really? 'Cause I would have thought your favourite superhero would be Moon Knight. :smalltongue:

You take 5d12 pun damage.

warty goblin
2008-03-03, 09:36 PM
I'm not much for super-hero movies, but I do have a certain...weakness for guys in power armor. Will probably see.

Phase
2008-03-03, 10:18 PM
You take 5d12 pun damage.

Due to my current Phase, I take another one third damage.

Haruspex
2008-03-03, 11:48 PM
My connection, she is too slow to be seeing trailer.:smallfrown:

But I did see a few earlier trailers, and it looks pretty good. They updated it to modern times it seems, which should be okay as long as they keep the basic premise and the stoey is good. And it looks like it is. Robert Downey Jr actually resembles Tony Stark, if it's dark and he has facial hair and you squint a bit. Drinking helps too. :smallamused:

EDIT: Dammit, I meant story not stoey. What's a stoey anyway?

UglyPanda
2008-03-04, 12:02 AM
Everything I've seen about that film screams that it'll be bad-****ing-ass.

Rockphed
2008-03-04, 12:28 AM
Okay, I admit it. I always wanted that suit.

Icewalker
2008-03-04, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I've been considering making this thread myself since I saw the preview before Cloverfield. By the way, second preview that I saw is here (http://imdb.com/video/editorial/me60339838/).

Looks quite entertaining. I'm looking forward to it.

Also: that is Audioslave in the preview the OP posted, right? Anyone know which?

WhatIsGravity
2008-03-04, 02:42 AM
Okay, I admit it. I always wanted that suit.

Who doesn't?

Attilargh
2008-03-04, 03:26 AM
The problem is, your post makes little sense when you take sarcasm into account.

Icewalker: "Cochise".

Jibar
2008-03-04, 11:09 AM
Like, duh?

Oh Thank God.
I was worried you'd slipped for a second Tom.
It's kinda difficult to get sarcasm across on the internet.

Metal Head
2008-03-04, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I've been considering making this thread myself since I saw the preview before Cloverfield. By the way, second preview that I saw is here (http://imdb.com/video/editorial/me60339838/).

I like the second one much more. I'm glad to see that they plan on using the Iron Man song. It would be a crime if they didn't.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-04, 03:27 PM
Funny thing is, it doesn't really fit Iron Man unless we're talking about [Ignore craptinuity]Civil War[/ignore craptinuity]. I always though Painkiller (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/judas+priest/painkiller_20076148.html) was more fitting for him, since he is "A savior that comes down form the skies", seeing how he is constantly on the air.

Metal Head
2008-03-04, 03:31 PM
Painkiller is too fast for Iron Man. I like Painkiller, but Iron Man is just way more badass.

Destro_Yersul
2008-03-04, 03:32 PM
Like, duh?

A sarcasm detector? Oh, that's a really useful invention[/CBG]

That said, I'll probably see it. Iron Man is my second favourite superhero, right behind Deadpool..

Rowanomicon
2008-03-04, 03:45 PM
The problem is that is a song had both Iron Man (the song) and Painkiller the world would explode in a giant rockgasm at the sheer awesomeness of such a film.

Also the movie looks like it will be among the better comic book films ever made.

Finally, I know sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet, but a statement such as "no comic book movie has ever been bad" is so clearly sarcastic that it almost hurts.

Face of Evil, I have read several Piers Anthony books and have therefore developed Pun Resistance 15. Better luck next time!

In all seriousness you can't have an Iron Man (the hero) movie without Iron Man (the song) and while the lyrics of Painkiller do somewhat suit (you take 10d12 pun damage) Iron Man (the hero), except for the bit about riding a metal monster and deadly wheels, I just can't imagine that song making it into the movie (even though it is one of the greatest songs of all time and possible the epitome of heavy metal) no matter how awesome that would be, plus it would cause the previously stated destruction of the world.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-04, 04:27 PM
And if you added a werewolf to get Bark at The Moon in, every person that would go to see it would become Iron Man zealots, and then do a *dies*.

hanzo66
2008-03-04, 06:31 PM
I rather enjoyed that trailer. Robert Downey Jr.'s performance as Stark does seem to be rather awesome. I enjoy how he does everything with arrogance and class.

Phase
2008-03-04, 07:03 PM
"Good God, you're a woman..."

I loved the Jericho missle, it's the next step in war.

Moff Chumley
2008-03-04, 07:48 PM
Looked good, I'm not much or comic book movies, but this one has so much bad assery that I'll prolly see it.

Icewalker
2008-03-05, 02:46 AM
Yeah, that missile was awesome. Basically with his background as a weapons designer that is the excuse for him having advanced and kickass weapons in the suit, correct?

tyckspoon
2008-03-05, 03:34 AM
Yeah, that missile was awesome. Basically with his background as a weapons designer that is the excuse for him having advanced and kickass weapons in the suit, correct?

No, the excuse for the advanced weaponry (and the suit itself) is him being superhumanly intelligent. The background as a weapons designer is just 'cause he's a jerk who doesn't care that he's creating and selling ever more inventive ways to kill people.

Finn Solomon
2008-03-05, 07:41 AM
Tyckspoon, that's the comic book version. This being the movie version, things of course have to change. Plus it just makes more sense that Stark is a weapons designer, therefore the suit has mega levels of weaponry goodness. Stark can be a superhumanly-intelligent potato farmer in Idaho instead, sans suit. Icewalker's right.

I have to say, I'm a huge fan of comic book movies with good casting, such as X-Men and Spider-Man. Iron Man looks set to join that list.

Khanderas
2008-03-06, 07:21 AM
Ahem....I think I have to say that Daredevil, Hulk, Electra, Cat Woman and probably a few others sucked enough to vacuum up all the trash in the world.
I disagree on the Hulk. The hulk movie was in my opinion a good watch.
The hulk is angry. So angry he headbutts himself into a jetfighter. That is angry. That is the HULK.

Sixscimitars
2008-03-16, 11:10 PM
I shall watch it! And then steal that suit from the director!
Seriously, though, it looks awesome. Really, absolutely the only thing I liked about 10,000 BC was that they had the Iron Man preview showing. Iron Man is among my favorite superheroes, along with Lobo and Captain Obvious (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Captain_Obvious). I want to watch it almost as much as Dark Knight.
EDIT:Mwahahahahaha... I've created a monster.

Rowanomicon
2008-03-17, 12:27 AM
I shall watch it! And then steal that suit from the director!
Seriously, though, it looks awesome. Really, absolutely the only thing I liked about 10,000 BC was that they had the Iron Man preview showing. Iron Man is among my favorite superheroes, along with Lobo and Captain Obvious (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Captain_Obvious). I want to watch it almost as much as Dark Knight.

I demand my hour back! You should feel ashamed of yourself, wantonly linking to that site without a proper warning sign.

Phase
2008-03-17, 01:31 AM
Curse you! the uncyclopedia has me!

Felizginato12
2008-03-20, 09:53 PM
:smalleek:

Pssst... Spider-Man 3...

Peter Parker was never a tap dancer...and he was never an emo...maybe in secret for having such a ****ty life but never in the open :smallwink:

And that's all besides the crappy plot and horrible dialouge.

But to stick on topic...

I saw the Iron man trailer and it really made me want to see the movie despite the fact that I had never read a Iron Man comic in my life (Really I have only read Spider-Man comics). Plus they have a fairly good actor as the lead role. Then again that didn't stop Ghost Rider from being bad :smalleek:

For some reason Nicholas Cage doesn't seem like that great of an actor to me and I don't know why. Raising Arizona was the only role I enjoyed him in.

Dervag
2008-03-21, 12:15 AM
No, the excuse for the advanced weaponry (and the suit itself) is him being superhumanly intelligent. The background as a weapons designer is just 'cause he's a jerk who doesn't care that he's creating and selling ever more inventive ways to kill people.Or indeed revels in it:

"What do you say to your other nickname, "the Merchant of Death"?"
"That's not bad."

"They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire; I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once."

He is apparently proud of his own extraordinary ability to build astoundingly lethal weaponry.