PDA

View Full Version : Audio/Video GitP Interviews (Sign up and ask questions!)

Amotis
2008-03-03, 04:19 PM
So here how it goes. I'm gonna interview gitp posters using teamspeak (http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads), the audience (everyone else besides me and the person being interviewed) will give me questions to ask, topics, etc for the person being interviewed to answer and talk about and using the power of webcams (and SCIENCE!) you'll get an audio and visual interview of gitp posters! Inspired by this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37000) original thread.

Exciting, no? Teamspeak, if you don't have it, is uber easy to use. You are literally just three clicks away from joining my server after you download the client. And while I want to take people who have webcams first (as this is a cool new thing), those without won't be ignored. We'll be using yahoo messenger (which is easy to download too) to have dual videos on the same screen so I can snag it and record it and post it. It.

So SpiderMew is going first, thursday to be exact. I spoke with a few others and they expressed interest, but let's get a line going, as well as some questions. Remember, questions are key because I'm not sure what you wanna know about, say Spidermew (besides, where do you buy your makeup?), and so audience pre-interview questions are most appreciated. I am open Tuesday and Thursday basically all day (I am PST, -8 GMT), Monday from 12am-4pm (my time) and weekends we might have to shoot from the hip on a week to week bases but once your name comes up on the list we'll talk about it more to find what works.

Okay, so let's start getting in questions and topics for Spidermew! He's entertaining and popular, so this should be easy. :smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-03, 04:25 PM
...the return of interviews? Hurrah!

I'll sign up whenever I get the required technology. >.>

onasuma
2008-03-03, 04:26 PM
Ooo Ooo Ooo! Pick me! Pick me!

Wait... Times zones... *lowers hand. Walks away slowly*

Amotis
2008-03-03, 04:29 PM
The times I gave are kinda guideline-ish. I'm up and about and random times and sometimes not. Sometimes work, sometimes not. Like I said, it might have to be a week to week schedule but we might be able to work stuff out.

SpiderMew
2008-03-03, 09:13 PM
Well people...
Anything you want to ask.. anything at all, I'll answer just about anything.
Fealfree to get personal.

Amo, i was thinking. Sence were going to do these as videos, you should start a youtube channel just for these interviews.
Even if some of them arnt done in video form, you could still post them there and whatnot, that way they wont get taken down ever. That is untill the day youtube dies..

Kneenibble
2008-03-04, 01:27 AM
I think I am interested, although nervous, about going in for this.

Topic for Spidermew:
Talk about your past and training in the theatre world!
Maybe read some lines from a piece you've worked on?

Amotis
2008-03-04, 01:28 AM
I think I am interested, although nervous, about going in for this.

I hope you do, you're neat.

Kneenibble
2008-03-04, 01:30 AM
:smallredface:
Okay, I'll go in whatever place is next, but I don't want to steal Spidermew's thunder.

SpiderMew
2008-03-04, 01:32 AM
:smallredface:
Okay, I'll go in whatever place is next, but I don't want to steal Spidermew's thunder.

Dont worry
You can ride my lightning anytime :smallwink:

Hell Puppi
2008-03-04, 01:34 AM
Dont worry
You can ride my lightning anytime :smallwink:

So corny....yet still funny.

Dispozition
2008-03-04, 03:02 AM
I'm up for it on a weekend if timezones will allow it...Which I highly doubt.

I do lack a webcam though :(

SMEE
2008-03-04, 03:07 AM
I'm fairly interested in being interviewed, Amo. :smallsmile:

I don't have a webcam now, but I can get one by middle march.

That's, of course, if you can deal with my silly accent. :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2008-03-04, 05:34 AM
I'm in. I'm so in.

Serpentine
2008-03-04, 06:16 AM
Hrm. Uh, I'll try... if I can figure out all the technomalolology. I have a webcam which supposedly has a microphone, but I also have Goff's microphone which is even better. I also have a Yahoo account, I just can't remember what it is. I... may need to be walked through stuff.
>goes to check timezones<

Castaras
2008-03-04, 08:43 AM
If I can get teamspeak to work and if I can find my microphone and if I can get my webcam on my new laptop to work and if parents don't care that much...*deep breath* Sign me up. =)

Reinboom
2008-03-04, 09:03 AM
Does sign language count as sufficient audio? :smalltongue:

B-Man
2008-03-04, 09:14 AM
I guess you can re-sign me up for an interview. Schedule should allow it... only +/- 3 hours between the two timezones. I do have a webcam and I do have a Yahoo handle... I just really don't like Yahoo IM. Teamspeak is a nifty program, but I've been having a lot of quality issues with the damned thing. :smallsigh:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-03-04, 10:02 AM
Isnt San Diego in spain, or did the americans/mexicans steal those names as wel?

I'm probably on the other side of the world, in The Netherlands..
Though I don't have a webcam, I do have a microfone and headset(mic is on it:smallsmile: ), and I'm not planning on buying one soon.
So, I'm interested in one, mind you, the times I'm available during weekdays are probably around 17 till 22 o clock(NL time), and most of the day during weekends...
I'm all up for being asked qeustions which can/may lead persons up to stalk to me (I.E. what city do you live in, what school do you go to), though my speech patern may give enough hints if I'm not carefull......And I should be......

Brickwall
2008-03-04, 10:14 AM
I'll sign up for this, even though the times there for me read 3AM-7AM. Not at all doable.

Anyway, SM, I has a question:

Do you show these videos to people you meet in the meatworld, or are they just for online people?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-03-04, 12:26 PM
I have both a webcam and a microphone istalled on my computer, and although I don't have TeamSpeak, I do have YIM, MSN, and AIM. So pick your posion, also, I'm signing up. Imagine that.

Jibar
2008-03-04, 12:32 PM
I'd be happy to give an interview, if you want to interview me that is.
I'd have to avoid launching into my Oscar acceptance speech though...

Also, topic for Spidermew, make him do more funny facial expressions.

Castaras
2008-03-04, 01:52 PM
If I can get teamspeak to work and if I can find my microphone and if I can get my webcam on my new laptop to work and if parents don't care that much...*deep breath* Sign me up. =)

Right. Just checked. Can only do with Microphone.

Indurain
2008-03-04, 01:59 PM
I'll give it a shot. Gotta learn how to use the mic in conjunction with the webcam though.

Where'd I put the Idiot's guide to looking cool on the interweb?

Raiser Blade
2008-03-04, 05:23 PM
Isnt San Diego in spain, or did the americans/mexicans steal those names as wel?

Well I don't know about stolen but I do know that San Diego is in California because I live about 2 hours away.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-03-06, 07:56 PM
Oooh, sign me up. Not that I'm that interesting. :smalltongue:

No webcam though. :smallfrown:

Amotis
2008-03-06, 08:40 PM
First Interview! Spidermew! (http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29781415)

Completely unedited (and more fun that way) and a major thanks to spidermew for putting this together, though the sound gets off now and then (and then a lot at the end) it shouldn't get too bad.

So Kneenibble should be next. Let me know if you're open on thursday. Questions for Kneenibble!

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-06, 09:34 PM
...*hugs*...very cool, guys! :smallsmile:

...I was joking with the questions...I didn't think you'd actually ask them! >.<

Brickwall
2008-03-06, 10:22 PM
Thassa loooong interview.

Okay, kneenibble. I didn't even know you existed until, like, maybe a month ago at most. Clearly you're not a total newcomer to the playground, though. So, I want to know this: where did you start out in the Playground? What forums did you start posting in? And do you regret that choice?

Ego Slayer
2008-03-06, 10:46 PM
Amotis, Mew... *giggles* That was great. :smallbiggrin:
Mew kinda reminds me of someone I know in RL... heh.

SpiderMew
2008-03-06, 10:52 PM
Amotis, Mew... *giggles* That was great. :smallbiggrin:
Mew kinda reminds me of someone I know in RL... heh.

lol :smallbiggrin: Thanks.

Oh and for everyone who's going to do this.
We didnt use yahoo, amotis wasnt able to get that to work.
We used a website called Stickcam at http://www.stickam.com (http://www.stickam.com)
Its free and you can have like up to 10 webcams up in a room or so i think.
So the only thing you would need to download is teamspeak.
http://www.teamspeak.com/
And thats free too

Raiser Blade
2008-03-06, 11:03 PM
Questions for kneenibble:
Favorite Ice cream flavor?
Favorite Movie?

That's all for now.

ZombieRockStar
2008-03-06, 11:12 PM
Ooh! Ooh! I wanted to do Tormskull's, but didn't get the chance. Sign me up.

Serpentine
2008-03-06, 11:28 PM
Well, I've seen something like 5 minutes of that one... Impressions so far:
Amotis sounds so... American >.< I wouldn't be surprised to hear his voice on the radio in GTA :smalltongue:
When he first came on, Mew reminded me of a cross between a gay highschool "friend" of mine and the giant in The Goonies. Not the most flattering description, I know... We'll see how the rest of it goes :smallwink:

Don't think much of the video quality... Mew's was better than Amotis', so I'm guessing that means a lot of it's just the webcams? But it's all squished up, too... Oh well.

edit: Oh yeah, question/s for Kneenibble...
"So, that name of yours... Does that allude to some sort of... kinkiness you enjoy? If not, what kinkiness do you enjoy?" :smallwink: :smalltongue:

wadledo
2008-03-06, 11:41 PM
Spidermew reminds me of me when I was 11.:smallconfused:

Pets?
What do you actually do when your not being ignored by Brickwall?

SpiderMew
2008-03-06, 11:47 PM
Well, I've seen something like 5 minutes of that one... Impressions so far:
Amotis sounds so... American >.< I wouldn't be surprised to hear his voice on the radio in GTA :smalltongue:
When he first came on, Mew reminded me of a cross between a gay highschool "friend" of mine and the giant in The Goonies. Not the most flattering description, I know... We'll see how the rest of it goes :smallwink:

Don't think much of the video quality... Mew's was better than Amotis', so I'm guessing that means a lot of it's just the webcams? But it's all squished up, too... Oh well.

So basicly your saying....
This

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/Fagg.jpg
sorry for using this pic Kneenibble

Plus this

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/SpiderMew/OtherImages/sloth_loves_chunk.jpg

Equals this

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/SpiderMew/Picture103.jpg
you were expecting another one wernt you :smalltongue:

I honestly dont know how to react to that statement.......

Brickwall
2008-03-06, 11:55 PM
Even though I'm something like 8th/9th in line (assuming everyone who posted before me and said they were interested is getting an interview), I already downloaded teamspeak. In other words: I'm ready for my closeup now. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2008-03-07, 12:51 AM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/Fagg.jpg
sorry for using this pic Kneenibble
I was going to correct you on this one... but I don't want to hurt your feelings even more :smallfrown:
It wasn't just looks but actions as well, if that makes you feel any better...

Shutting up now.

SpiderMew
2008-03-07, 12:57 AM
I was going to correct you on this one... but I don't want to hurt your feelings even more :smallfrown:
It wasn't just looks but actions as well, if that makes you feel any better...

Shutting up now.

Hey, at least your keeping my head from inflating to the point where I legally need a licence for a hot air balloon.

greecetrap
2008-03-07, 09:31 PM

What's with the parrot?

Would you rather freeze to death or be burned alive?

Do you have any embarrasing stories involving permanent marker?

Brickwall
2008-03-11, 12:39 AM
Why is nothing going on in this thread? We need interview!

Raiser Blade
2008-03-13, 12:18 PM
I need more interviews please.

Kneenibble
2008-03-13, 07:10 PM
Stop eyeing my slot, you slavering, miserly ghouls! I'm still going to use it!

Amotis! I haven't gotten any PMs from you and I just wonder if you ever received the one I sent to you?
If not, let me shout it off this mountain: Today a bunch of crazy sketchoid things are going down involving crack cocaine, thunderbirds, Erik Satie, a fifty-cent piece from the 40s, and my sweet, sweet ass.

I still want to though! Can we do it Saturday or Sunday sir?

Serpentine
2008-03-14, 10:24 PM
If not, let me shout it off this mountain: Today a bunch of crazy sketchoid things are going down involving crack cocaine, thunderbirds, Erik Satie, a fifty-cent piece from the 40s, and my sweet, sweet ass.I... yo-... wha-...
Pics or it didn't happen?

Alarra
2008-03-15, 09:17 AM
I don't think I have a webcam...but you can interview me if you wanna.

Kneenibble
2008-03-19, 06:53 PM
Amotis has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Mr. Amotis,
This would be a private message except for the above...
Please move to your next candidate for an interview.
It's taken too long to arrange and I've lost interest.
Sorry.

I... yo-... wha-...
Pics or it didn't happen?

This is how it went down:
(Warning: Stretchy)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/Distance/DSC00712.jpg
The 50-cent piece is on its way, Mr. Satie, now please put the crack cocaine down.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/Distance/DSC00718.jpg
What the $#*(*@$$ did I just say?! Thunderbird smash!
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/Distance/DSC00724.jpg
Oh, my sweet, sweet ass!

SpiderMew
2008-03-19, 07:06 PM
Mr. Amotis,
This would be a private message except for the above...
Please move to your next candidate for an interview.
It's taken too long to arrange and I've lost interest.
Sorry.

Well that sucks.
I dont understand why its taken so long to get something secduled.

SpiderMew
2008-03-19, 07:53 PM
This is how it went down:
(Warning: Stretchy)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/Distance/DSC00712.jpg
The 50-cent piece is on its way, Mr. Satie, now please put the crack cocaine down.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/Distance/DSC00718.jpg
What the $#*(*@$$ did I just say?! Thunderbird smash!
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/Distance/DSC00724.jpg
Oh, my sweet, sweet ass!

Wow... i just realized im a bigger pervert then i thought i was...
I had something compleatly differnt in my head based on what you had said before.
What were you doing a production of?

Kneenibble
2008-03-19, 09:01 PM
It's Neil Labute, "The Distance from Here."

I appropriated the pictures to fit my original story though. I was being perverted at first too.
*touches inappropriately*

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2008-03-19, 09:58 PM
Ooh, neat! :3

Queries; hm. Did we already ask about the parrot?

Also, sign me up. I do so enjoy feeling special.

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-20, 10:53 AM
I'd be interested in an interview, but I'd have to find a time when my roommate's not here...
I also do not have teamspeak. I have skype and AIM though.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-03-24, 11:55 AM
Is this thing still happening?

Brickwall
2008-03-24, 12:01 PM
Is this thing still happening?

I don't think so. Shame. Is anyone else willing to conduct the interviews?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-03-24, 12:23 PM
I nominate someone with access to the YouTube account, a knowledge of how recording and posting everything will work. SpiderMew, maybe?
(I'd volunteer, but I lack knowledge)

SpiderMew
2008-03-24, 12:28 PM
Ive thought about doing it, the only problem is I lack privacy.

I could help, put it togeather and whatnot, but conducting the interviews would be a chore with my family arround, I was lucky because when amotis interviewed me, my mom was out at the doctors, untill she got back at the end of the video.

Perhaps if i could convince them to be quiet durring the interview...
hmmm
Well i'll think about it.

Brickwall
2008-03-24, 12:30 PM
Aww, but we love your mom. She's funny :smalltongue:

FdL
2008-03-24, 04:35 PM
Just watched it. It was really funny :)