PDA

View Full Version : Own a piece of OOTS

Pyrite
2008-03-03, 04:26 PM
http://www.thotmarket.com/thot.php?id=MzQxMzU5MjUuOTY=
you should log in and purchase stock in OOTS. Of course I am saying you should do this purely to promote the webcomic, and my advocation has nothing to do with the fact that I own the stock in question.

:smallwink:

The Hop Goblin
2008-03-03, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure this concept is entirely legal. Normally stocks are issued by the company in question as owning a part of the company - to share in rise and fall. So my money in General Electric that I have invested in them goes to them to use for investment in their own products, services, research, etc. In turn I get a number of dividends worth a slice of the company. The company's financial worth goes up - so do my stocks. Down, well, you get the point. Regardless, all money at play goes TO the company that I am investing in.

This site here, you have posted, I highly doubt any proceeds go to the owners of any of the 'THOT's you've created, and end up being little more than an online gambling scheme.

So unless I purchase a share of OOTS at 1.06$ (current list price) and that 1.06$ goes directly to Rich, this is a sham - and should be reported as such.

Pyrite
2008-03-03, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure this concept is entirely legal. Normally stocks are issued by the company in question as owning a part of the company - to share in rise and fall. So my money in General Electric that I have invested in them goes to them to use for investment in their own products, services, research, etc. In turn I get a number of dividends worth a slice of the company. The company's financial worth goes up - so do my stocks. Down, well, you get the point. Regardless, all money at play goes TO the company that I am investing in.

This site here, you have posted, I highly doubt any proceeds go to the owners of any of the 'THOT's you've created, and end up being little more than an online gambling scheme.

So unless I purchase a share of OOTS at 1.06$ (current list price) and that 1.06$ goes directly to Rich, this is a sham - and should be reported as such.

It helps that you are using fake money and these are fake stocks. It's a link website, similer to Digg or slashdot. If OOTS does well there (if many people invest) then it gets to the top of the page and more people will see it and click through to the link.

No proceeds go to rich because no proceeds are involved because there is no real money.

aapje
2008-03-03, 07:10 PM
"ThotMarket is a virtual stock market, meaning that no actual money is involved. Users are actually just trading credits within the system."

Greg
2008-03-03, 07:13 PM
You spelled "Xykon" wrong.

Pyrite
2008-03-03, 07:28 PM
I've fixed the spelling of Xykon. I am open to being lobbied for any further changes in the description.

NerfTW
2008-03-03, 10:08 PM

A large amount of words for someone who didn't look at the site.

Morgan Wick
2008-03-03, 10:55 PM
A large amount of words for someone who didn't look at the site.

Well, he did mention the "current list price" so he at least glanced at it.

Personally, I blame Pyrite for not explaining it clearly in the first place. People like Hop Goblin are way WAY WAY WAYYYYYYYYYY too common not to.

Pyrite
2008-03-03, 11:10 PM
Well, he did mention the "current list price" so he at least glanced at it.

Personally, I blame Pyrite for not explaining it clearly in the first place. People like Hop Goblin are way WAY WAY WAYYYYYYYYYY too common not to.

yeah, it is kinda my fault. sorry.