PDA

View Full Version : BESM 4ed?

Grug
2008-03-03, 06:02 PM
Although there are only a few BESM fans here in the playground, one has to ask what the ramifications will be of Fourth Edition, how it could affect the quite different BESM and whether it will be supported.

Personally, I think that BESM will be fine staying in 3.5, although some more support would be nice. BESM already offers a ludicrous amount of customization, different attack/defense values, and Generic World. Most of the class alterations in DnD 4ed are about a more tactical combat, something that BESM doesn't focus on as much.

Your thoughts?

Artanis
2008-03-03, 06:04 PM
Although there are only a few BESM fans here in the playground, one has to ask what the ramifications will be of Fourth Edition, how it could affect the quite different BESM and whether it will be supported.

Personally, I think that BESM will be fine staying in 3.5, although some more support would be nice. BESM already offers a ludicrous amount of customization, different attack/defense values, and Generic World. Most of the class alterations in DnD 4ed are about a more tactical combat, something that BESM doesn't focus on as much.

Your thoughts?
...do you mean BESM d20? Because BESM is an entirely different system that wouldn't be so much as touched by the changeover from 3e to 4e.

Grug
2008-03-03, 06:08 PM
Yes, I do mean BESM d20, which is latest (if not necessarily greatest) iteration.

Rutee
2008-03-03, 06:08 PM
Oh thank God, I thought I was just crazy.

Since 4th ed isn't going to be the same d20, I don't think it'll actually affect BESM at all, dear. Much ado about nothing.

Artanis
2008-03-03, 06:15 PM
Yes, I do mean BESM d20, which is latest (if not necessarily greatest) iteration.
I think Third Edition BESM (as in the third edition of BESM) was released well after BESM d20, but that's beside the point :smallwink:

BESM d20 is an adaptation of BESM into the d20 system, meaning that the edition changeover in and of itself wouldn't affect BESM one way or the other. The only change that might occur would be if somebody decides to make a new adaptation of BESM for the 4e rules, but that would be as much an entirely new game as it would an "upgrade" of BESM d20.