PDA

View Full Version : The Resistance will finally fall! MWA, HA, HA, HA!

Nargrakhan
2008-03-03, 08:59 PM
That red haired hussy is leaving. She was most likely the highest level "good guy" present on the playing field (alive anyways). Tsukiko - that sexy symbol of Asian gothic perfection - was as powerful, or more powerful than that red thieving heifer. It's like losing your star Quarterback in the last quarter, and the other team has a five touchdown led.

The Resistance factions uniting, merely delays the inevitable... and we already know that the Gothic Symbol of Love can control the new leader of the Resistance with her magic. Face it Paladins: your city belongs to Evil now and forever!

ALL HAIL TSUKIKO!!! :smallredface:

Emanick
2008-03-03, 09:09 PM
Was there a point to this topic, or is it just "pro-Goth" propaganda? :smallconfused:
Anyway...I disagree. :smallamused:

Uncle Festy
2008-03-03, 09:25 PM
I agree to disagree with you, Nargrakhan! And you too, Emanik!
... huh?

Morgan Wick
2008-03-03, 11:03 PM
In all seriousness, I would not be surprised if we find out at some point down the line that the united resistance falls virtually the instant Haley leaves. It's being left in the hands of a self-admitted non-leader, who's probably a lot weaker in leadership (if not in power - he IS a paladin) than any of the three individual resistance leaders he replaces, in addition to the points made in the OP. Oh, and the Resistance might now be concentrated in one place for Team Evil to move in and destroy in one fell swoop as opposed to the kill-one-and-two-more-still-remain status quo prior to now. As holding-them-back as the split may have been, this merger may prove to be a case of subtraction by addition.

WarriorTribble
2008-03-03, 11:32 PM
Considering that the other two groups managed to survive without the help of a high level PC, I think your logic doesn't hold. Unless of course the new leader really screws up.

brilliantlight
2008-03-04, 12:03 AM
I doubt it. While Haley was probably the highest level good guy the resistance didn't rally around her and she was fighting with the other factions nearly as much as :xykon: . The paladin will probably do fine once he gets used to the idea.

Phase
2008-03-04, 12:08 AM
Even if the resistance does fall, will it make much of a difference to the new Cliffport meeting story-arc?

David Argall
2008-03-04, 02:46 AM
The idea of the resistance being crushed does not fit the story line at all well, and where it would fit even poorly would not be until the party was ready to rescue the survivors, apparently a matter of some months. But until we learn more about Team Evil, it's hard to say what is going to happen. [On the available evidence, they should have left the city months ago.] Most likely we will be seeing only a little more of the resistance, which will mostly be ignored by Xykon.

Khanderas
2008-03-04, 06:53 AM
As a paladin we could expect a full out challenge-in-the-courtyard-come-out-and-face-your-doom-abomination deal.
Kidding, but only slightly.

Roderick_BR
2008-03-04, 07:36 AM
As a paladin we could expect a full out challenge-in-the-courtyard-come-out-and-face-your-doom-abomination deal.
Kidding, but only slightly.
And he would do that too, but Haley already advised him not to.

Personally, I think they'll do fine. As it was pointed out, the other two groups were doing fine by themselves. Joining one with the other alone is good enough to increase the chances of the good guys. Adding Haley's group may get them stronger, specially if Haley trained some people in there for the stealthy stuff (highly needed for infiltrating enemy camps). I wonder if there are more ninjas other than the ones trying to kill Hinjo.

Morgan Wick
2008-03-04, 11:07 AM
Considering that the other two groups managed to survive without the help of a high level PC, I think your logic doesn't hold. Unless of course the new leader really screws up.

Or if there's still some lingering distrust.

It's entirely possible it goes exactly the other way and the united Resistance drives out Xykon before he's ready incredibly easily and is in control of the city themselves when Hinjo and the OOTS arrive.

Alfryd
2008-03-04, 11:43 AM
It's entirely possible it goes exactly the other way and the united Resistance drives out Xykon before he's ready incredibly easily and is in control of the city themselves when Hinjo and the OOTS arrive.
I find it much more plausible that the resistance- with Hinjo's assistance- will, at considerable cost in time and resources, eventually drive out the Hobgoblins after Xykon and RC make for Girard's Gate. Otherwise, they have little or no significant chance.

fehler
2008-03-04, 12:17 PM
Its much more likely Team Evil will abandon the city in the chase for the MacGuffin right at the same time that the Resistance and Hinjo's Fleet combine to drive them out, leaving them confused yet joyously happy. However, there's still the matter of a certain sun-blocking rift in the space-time continumin to deal with.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-03-04, 02:33 PM
Well, personally, I think at the end of this book, which would be around #660-80, there will be a big battle with the combined forces of all three Resistances, a reunited OOTS, and the fleet. And this time, the OOTS will win.

And then we can be on to Girrard's Gate at last.

And hopefully, this will finally be the last we ever see or hear of Azure City and the paladins again.

Forealms
2008-03-04, 05:17 PM
Not a totally unlikely case of the Resistance falling. I wouldn't be overly surprised.

But seriously, OP, you need to work on your evil laughs. Be confident and some out with it all at once: "Mwahahaha!" You need to show that you can be evil without destroying a well-regarded tradition of evilness with "Mwa...ha...ha?"

But, anyway, back on topic.

Impikmin
2008-03-08, 10:33 PM
So having 300 soldiers is worse that having 101 soldiers with one really good one? Besides, I bet the other two leaders are as good as Haley. Or together, each half as good. Stop using the fact that goths are sexy to your advantage... (must..resist..agreeing..with..you..)

Arcadius798
2008-05-30, 11:11 PM
i can agree that Haley's leave will almost immediatly an effect, be it positively based or much more malignant. but Thanh attempting an all out attack?:smallconfused: yeah right. if you ask me, he's a bit...meek to actually try such an obviously suicidal strategy. and Nargrakhan, stop forcing gothic-ness and leading us into paranoia, i simply see no need for it, so drop it

Liwen
2008-05-30, 11:56 PM
Beside, the resistance has demonstrated high aptitude at hiding, and by now we all know that Tsukiko spot checks sucks :smallbiggrin:, so the whole "glory to the gothish woman" thing is unrealistic. They could hide themselves in her bed room until she dies of old age and she'll never find them. Or they can just coup de grace her while she sleep...

Oh my god, I hope Redcloak has good spot or listen.

Edan
2008-05-31, 12:20 AM
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/9617/tempxc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I just had to post this image, I mean the thread was over 2 months old. I think the only reason Haley was a resistance leader was that she was a PC, nothing more. I would bet that the new alliance could care less that she was gone, and is having a grand old time doing what it did while she was there, only better thanks to the consolidation of the forces. They will probably just hole up there until the story requires the Order to go back to the City. The more things change the more they stay the same, right?

Eakin
2008-05-31, 02:26 AM
Once the divination-blocking spell ends, can't Team Evil just track them down that way and crush them under a mountain of angry hobgoblins? I assume Xykon would eventually recast it, but the whole resistance could probably be wiped out by one decent surprise attack.

Kato
2008-05-31, 02:41 AM
Yeah, thread necromancy is fun ^^ Still, I'll throw in my opinion.

I think there's a hint of thruth in the beginning statement. Tsukiko is powerful and without Haley and B it's gonna be hard to fight her off. But a couple of hobgoblins shouldn't be a problem. The leftover warriors just have to be fast and stealthy.

On another matter thrown up. RC will definitely not give up his new nation even if he and Xykon (and maybe Tsukiko) will leave towards the next gate.