PDA

View Full Version : Need a spell

TempusCCK
2008-03-04, 03:19 PM
Does anyone know of a spell that causes one arrows to turn into many? Can't find anything like it in the Spell Compendium, but I'm continuing my search, if there's no such thing a homebrew version will be required, I'm thinking spell level 3-5, and scaling with mroe arrows per caster level, but we'll see if we can drudge anything up first.

SilverClawShift
2008-03-04, 03:25 PM
I seem to recall playing a modern-fantasy RPG with a spell called "Hard Rain" that did exactly that (though it was meant to be used with a gun, it could be used with any ranged weapon).

Unfortunately, I don't remember the RPG, the details of the spell, or if this even exists outside of my fevered-insanity version of reality.

RTGoodman
2008-03-04, 03:39 PM
I don't know about a spell, but there's a specific weapon enchantment that does exactly what you want. I don't know where it's from, but it's called splitting. Of course, it's also considered horribly broken, but if you want the ability, I know it'll do it for you.

TempusCCK
2008-03-04, 03:41 PM
That's perfect actually, it was precisely what I was looking for. Can someone point me in the right direction for seeing how it mechanically works out?

Curmudgeon
2008-03-04, 09:41 PM
The spell you want is Doublestrike Arrow (Champions of Ruin, page 30); it's a Ranger 4 spell. The splitting weapon enhancement is also in this book.

FlyMolo
2008-03-04, 09:45 PM
There's a ranger spell, Arrow Rain, or maybe Arrow Storm. Check the SC, I think it's in there. Allows you to shoot everyone within range with an arrow, or somesuch. There' an epic feat which does the same.

Edit @V That's the one. Da King Fail Counter -1 := Da King Fail Counter.

Da King
2008-03-04, 10:13 PM
It's called Arrow storm, and its a level 3 ranger spell in the spell compendium.

TempusCCK
2008-03-04, 11:06 PM
Meh, no, none of these things actually do what I want. I want to be able to spray an area with arrows by shooting one. Every enemy in range getting one attack, while nice, isn't what I want. I'll have to homebrew it up then, thanks anyway.