PDA

View Full Version : Stat an Army: Paratroopers!

BRC
2008-03-04, 05:28 PM
The game here is simple, stat out a group of paratroopers for a DnD army. stat for effectivness, Flavor, whatever, just stick to the given conditions. You can get as general or specific as you want, You can just give a list of number, or a full story complete with tactics and records of previous actions, the more the better!

Conditions
Each individual automatically comes with a Ring of Feather Falling, so don't worry about that or what they jump from.

30 Soliders ECL 2, 2000 gp each
6 Sergents ECL 3, 3500 gp each
3 Lietenants ECL 5, 5500 GP each
1 Commander, ECL 10, 17000 GP

FlyMolo
2008-03-04, 09:34 PM
I'm too lazy to write these up, but I'd sell my ring of feather falling for a potion of such, and wait to drink it till I was 300 feet up or less. I theory, I'd slow down right above the ground, but not be archer fodder. Protection from arrows and dispel resistance a must. Seriously, warlocks with Overland flight and voracious dispelling would eat these troopers alive.

More seriously, several bags of holding full of rocks. Open. Listen for the screams of your enemies. Grin. Bags full of light weapons would work too. Like daggers. Generally, weapons deal their damage when thrown(or dropped from a sufficient height), so that would be cost-effective.

A serious requirement is fighting on your own in hostile territory, and being difficult to find. For city paratroopers, I recommend Up the Walls as a Psionic feat or skill trick. They can't get you if you're on the roof, right? Masterwork cloaks of hiding, quiver full of arrows, shortbow. Apply enhancements as you can afford them. Items that spread disease would be powerfully effective. Changeling race, I think. Better for hiding in plain sight. Kill the people in the houses, change to look like them. Cleric levels or an item to spread discord by making undead.

A chaos beast in a bag! When you get down, open the bag and run! Or feed it several villagers, then run. Even better. Chaos beast tag! As a paratrooper, chaos and death on all sides benefits you.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-05, 05:57 AM
Raptorans.
Soldiers: Scout 1/Ranger 1
Sergent: Scout 1/Ranger 2
Lieutenant: Scout 5
Commander: Scout 8/Ranger 2'

Give them footbows and watch the fireworks. This class combo also works with rings of feather falling, but that's pretty expensive, so this might get them a magic weapon instead.