PDA

View Full Version : I know it's early, but: 4.0 papermaster class brainstorm thread

hobbitguy1420
2008-03-04, 05:28 PM
Just because I think it could be done very well, from what I've seen in the new system.

Keep in mind, I know that this could probably done by changing the fluff on other classes (the Wizard comes to mind immediately, reflavoring Magic Missile as paper rather than force). This is half mental exercise and half homebrew.

That said, I've done a little bit of thinking. Papermasters would probably be controllers, although not without striker-y bits. low-to-middling HP, good Reflex (and possibly Will) defenses, good skills (especially knowledge or mental-related ones). These are my very rough thoughts thus far on powers for 'em:

will:
paper attack (striking with a single sheet of paper, like Anita and Yomiko often do)
throw paper (pretty much the same as above, but ranged)
paper costume (+4 to disguise checks involving clothing)

encounter:
Paper wall and/or orb
Paper bindings (essentially using paper for a ranged grapple - we see this a couple of times in the TV shows and mangas.)
puppet creation (like Maggie Mui's abilities, not sure if this'd be supported by the 4.0 ruleset)

Day:
paper storm (as seen in the TV series)
airplane (the big one, as seen in the OVA)

undecided:
paper shield (the papermasters often use sheets or reams of paper to protect themselves)
papercraft object (using paper to make, say, a staircase, or a bow and arrow, or what have you)

streakster
2008-03-04, 06:36 PM
Probably a perday - but Anita in the TV used a tide of paper once. Probably less damage then paper storm, and different type, but pushes the opponent back.

You might want to add a Paper Baffler power, again as from the TV, as I imagine this class will be weak to sonic damage. Have it block the negative effects of sonic on paper masters, and give some resistance to sonic.

We need more info, though.

hobbitguy1420
2008-03-04, 11:51 PM
I'll grant you Tide of Paper, but I'm not sure of the paper baffles - it feels a bit too situational - it would protect against only sonic effects, and probably only against area effects, and only those that the Papermaster had enough foresight to erect the baffles against.