PDA

View Full Version : I'll give you a cookie... [item]

Shades of Gray
2008-03-04, 05:52 PM
(A certain Iconic enchanter's) irresistible candy.

"Why should I give it to you?", questioned the cruel goblin king with anger in his voice.
"Because", replied the bard,"I'll give you a cookie"
"Deal!"

This delightful sweet makes a creature compelled to accept anything, as long as they can have it. The irresistible cookie adds a +30 bonus on diplomacy checks when offered. The command phrase for the cookie is "I'll give you a cookie". This item only has one use. Such is the power of this amazing cookie that even mindless creatures, outsiders, constructs, undead, fey, dragons and even plants still feel compelled to eat it. The cookie may not be poisoned or other underhanding damaging effects put upon it, as it is a nice cookie. After the trade the person target feels it was worth the trade. When they eat it they gain extreme joy and have never felt happier.

Price: 3000 gold
Craft: Irresistible Dance, craft wondrous item, profession (baker) check DC: 20

reorith
2008-03-04, 06:06 PM
how can a plant eat it?

Riva
2008-03-04, 06:08 PM
Slowly.

I like it, good fun times.

GrassyGnoll
2008-03-04, 06:14 PM
can i has recipe?

SilentNight
2008-03-04, 06:55 PM
Pure comedic genius. I love it. A far as price goes, 5,000?

reorith
2008-03-06, 02:00 AM
sn, i get over 90000! for the item cost according to the table, but i think thats for continuous bonus, not a single use :smallconfused:

Khanderas
2008-03-06, 02:14 AM
Perhaps add a line that the cookie may not be poisoned or other underhanding damaging effects put upon it? It is a nice cookie.

Once the cookie has been traded for the great sword of Oomph, and the target has finished eating the cookie, does he regret the trade, or will he be forever more feel it was worth it ?

_Zoot_
2008-03-06, 02:51 AM
You have solve a huge problem for me with this, the coolest of items

For this i thank you!!

GoC
2008-03-06, 11:24 AM
Perhaps add a line that the cookie may not be poisoned or other underhanding damaging effects put upon it? It is a nice cookie.

Once the cookie has been traded for the great sword of Oomph, and the target has finished eating the cookie, does he regret the trade, or will he be forever more feel it was worth it ?

I vote for the latter.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-06, 11:42 AM
It should also be possible to trade the cookie for something else. No clue why anyone would want to...

Stapler
2008-03-06, 12:37 PM
If the goblin is a diabetic would he suffer a -2 con?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-03-06, 03:24 PM
(A certain Iconic enchanter's) irresistible candy.

"Why should I give it to you?", questioned the cruel goblin king with anger in his voice.
"Because", replied the bard,"I'll give you a cookie"
"Deal!"

This delightful sweet makes a creature compelled to accept anything, as long as they can have it. The irresistible cookie adds a +30 bonus on diplomacy checks when offered. The command phrase for the cookie is "I'll give you a cookie". This item only has one use. Such is the power of this amazing cookie that even mindless creatures, outsiders, constructs, undead, fey, dragons and even plants still feel compelled to eat it.

Price: 3000 gold
Craft: Irresistible Dance, craft wondrous item, profession (baker) check DC: 20

Hey! I was the one to invent that!

I indeed thought of this before only with +25 to diplomacy, the dragons not, and I don't get what irresistible dance can possibly have to do with it...
And it was Craft DC : 22... But I forgot to post it:smallredface:

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-06, 03:52 PM
how can a plant eat it?

How does a plant know what cookies is?

I'm going to post this phrase every day until you like it.

BisectedBrioche
2008-03-06, 04:33 PM
Fluffwise, maybe suggestion should be the spell needed to create it?

Half-blood
2008-03-06, 05:15 PM
This looks fun. I think that If I can, I'm gonna use it in my campaign.