View Full Version : BoEF Builds

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Collin152
2008-03-09, 07:59 PM
Maybe I'll just play a beguiler;
"Suggestion: Shut up and sleep with me"

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-09, 08:03 PM
Or a wizard, preferably, if only because you can do a classic and leave this Arcana mark in the mirror/head:

A Wizard Did It.

Collin152
2008-03-09, 08:04 PM
Or a wizard, preferably, if only because you can do a classic and leave this Arcana mark in the mirror/head:

A Wizard Did It.

Okay, that wins.
I'll design me a wizard pimp, using some enchantments, necromancy, illusion, transumutation... The whole nine yards, really.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-09, 08:10 PM
Just remember this:

Kids, when you're totally desperate and have been at sea for 10 months, remember: Unseen Lover is NOT the answer!

Collin152
2008-03-09, 08:11 PM
Just remember this:

Kids, when you're totally desperate and have been at sea for 10 months, remember: Unseen Lover is NOT the answer!

Right.
Planar Binding is.

EagleWiz
2008-03-09, 08:12 PM
And to answer the origonal question: No. You cannot use this in a D&D game and have this taken seriously. The replys prove it.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-09, 08:14 PM
DINGALINGABLING! "We've got a winner here!"

Or, at the very least, Summon undead to get the benefit of Lichloved.

Collin152
2008-03-09, 08:58 PM
Is there anything erotic in the prerequisites for blackguards?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-09, 09:00 PM
No, but I remember an evil sexadin somewhere. I think it required doing lots of bizarre stuff (It had something involving bears. 'Nuff said.), getting a certain spell cast on you, and making someone listen to Heal the World and Queen's Hot space to prove you were evil.

Collin152
2008-03-09, 09:01 PM
Oh, and wasn't there a prestige class for wizards that had a focus on bondage?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-09, 09:03 PM
Not sure, but I bet you had to learn Rope Trick for it.

Rutee
2008-03-09, 09:04 PM
Is there anything erotic in the prerequisites for blackguards?
depends on the 'deal' you make.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-09, 09:05 PM
Rutee has score a subtextless +4 Touché of 10 Solo awesome.

Solo
2008-03-09, 09:26 PM
I shall tentatively commit to a Succubus, albiet one without the SLAs and class levels in Bard, for lots of skillpoints:smallwink: and magic.

Perform: (Unspeakable acts) here we come!

Chronos
2008-03-09, 09:35 PM
Fine, how about this:
Dolphins, in a manner similar to humans, engage in secual intercourse regardless of the female's present fertility.Still pretty darned general. When a dog's humping your leg, do you really think that your kneecap is fertile?

Is there anything erotic in the prerequisites for blackguards?Well, there's friendly contact with an evil outsider, and then there's friendly contact with an evil outsider, if you know what I mean.

Collin152
2008-03-09, 09:50 PM
I shall tentatively commit to a Succubus, albiet one without the SLAs and class levels in Bard, for lots of skillpoints:smallwink: and magic.

Perform: (Unspeakable acts) here we come!

Don't forget Perform (Oral).

So, what's a succubus without all that? A changeling with stat modifiers?

Can we get a level to shoot for? Particularly for level adjustment purposes?

Solo
2008-03-09, 10:57 PM
Don't forget Perform (Oral).

It shall be mostly oral, and not too brief.

LA would... I dunno, probably be lower ish? I'd settle for only the stat bonuses and none of the other stuff.

It's up to AK to determine it, though.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-10, 08:24 AM
Hmm...tough question. I guess seven. Enough to start PrC'ing, yet low enough so that wizards cannot screw the universe...yet.

Solo
2008-03-10, 12:37 PM
Hmm...tough question. I guess seven. Enough to start PrC'ing, yet low enough so that wizards cannot screw the universe...yet.

They can still screw other things, though.

Collin152
2008-03-10, 05:04 PM
They can still screw other things, though.

I thought that was the point.

SilverClawShift
2008-03-10, 05:47 PM
I have looked through the book before for kicks ,and I must say, I actually kind of like the sacred prostitute class. Especially if you're a casting class of any sort, and have leadership and get a follower. That way, you get to have a little fun, and get twice the number of spells in the same day.

Because of you (and me, for bringing it up to the other players) our best roleplayers character in the next campaign is going to be a Favored Soul of Sharess with a submissive masochist Sacred Prostitute cohort.

Damn you all.

At least he's mature, and it won't turn into a giggle-fit. And we're gonna poke through the book for other stuff to use while we're at it.

FlyMolo
2008-03-10, 06:42 PM
I would collapse into a cataleptic fit, me. Just too silly.

Nobody is allowed to use the verb "prod" or "poke" on this thread anymore.

GrassyGnoll
2008-03-10, 06:46 PM
I thought that was the point.

This thread has become one long, intrusive chain of innuendos.

dman11235
2008-03-10, 06:48 PM
I recently got my hands on a copy and was just going to look through it for kicks, but I was surprised by how well thought out it was. I didn't like that they introduced an entire new stat to the system though. But some of the PrCs and base classes are really nice, and there are a LOT of useful spells in there. Orgasmic Vibrations is a killer battle field control spell, especially the mass version, if you can get the DC high enough. The one that lets you share spells is amazing for a buffer cleric. There are a lot of others too, but those are my top two picks.

sonofzeal
2008-03-10, 07:34 PM
The Good
I downright love the racial flavour section, to the point of taking it as "cannon". Whenever an elf or hobgoblin or dryad become sexually active (which, in my games, would likely be a purely off-camera thing), I'll be looking through BoEF for information on how that race views sex, how fertile/interfertile they are, and how pregnancy works for them.

The Bad
I haven't read through most of the PrCs, but I had a player who wanted to play a Pierced Mystic once. That class still stands as one of the most poorly-written PrCs I've ever seen in any 3rd party supplement. It's alternatively a pathetic waste of Caster Level, or horrendously overpowered in the short term if you use it right. The text is extremely ambiguous and poorly worded, it doesn't synergize with anything I know of, and any use I can see for it that isn't pathetically weak compared to what you're giving up, is gamebreakingly strong. Not all are this bad, but this is the only one I've dealt with specifically.

In Summary
Fluff: 10/10
Crunch: 2/10

dman11235
2008-03-10, 08:03 PM
See, I'd give it fluff 10/10 crunch 5/10. There are some really well thought out PrCs, and two of the base classes are fairly good and well written, there are a lot of good spells, decently balanced, and some nice feats. However, some bad PrCs and spells ruin the rest of it. Some PrCs would get 1/10 for crunch, and some get 9 or even 10/10.

Tengu
2008-03-10, 11:12 PM

I thought that for something to classify as innuendo there must be at least some subtlety involved?

Solo
2008-03-10, 11:31 PM

One long, hard, smooth chain.:smallwink:

Collin152
2008-03-10, 11:57 PM
One long, hard, smooth chain.:smallwink:

What a coincidence, that's exactly how I like them.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-11, 12:54 PM
And we're gonna poke through the book for other stuff to use while we're at it.

Imagist is actually a really nice base class, which I recommend. I'm currently playing an eleventh level one (albeit with some incantatrix levels) with a penchant for spells of changing the landscape. I'm picking up Planar Perinarch and Planar Bubble via extra spell, so I can actually sculpt the planes around me. Fun times.

Solo
2008-03-11, 04:36 PM
I thought that for something to classify as innuendo there must be at least some subtlety involved?

No need to give us such a hard time.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-11, 05:00 PM
This thread puts Innocent Innuendo to shame.

Incidentally, Innuendo is out in the backyard playing jack of the deck right now.

GrassyGnoll
2008-03-11, 05:14 PM
This thread puts Innocent Innuendo to shame.

Incidentally, Innuendo is out in the backyard playing jack off the deck right now.

Fix'd. But who's Deck?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-11, 05:28 PM
No, no, it was OF on purpose. Like, the jacks from a deck of cards, with kings, queens, aces, etc.

That said, your innuendo is still pwner than my innuendo.

Hmm....

What happens when our innuendos meet in the backyard?

Solo
2008-03-11, 05:30 PM
Two innuendos enter, one innuendo leaves.

ps. Where's that thread, AK?

alchemyprime
2008-03-11, 09:16 PM
Wow... considering I'm the guy who has always found some way to move the BoUCK into a game...
Still... I prefered the BoUCK to the BoEF, but I'll use them both. Just not explicitly. As far as builds go, I had a wizard that was all about the change gender spell. I also had a cleric who wanted POA simply to become a woman's perfect lover. I think that other spell is more usefull and a lower level...

I'm bringing back Oliander "Grim" Windriver now...

Cuddly
2008-03-11, 10:52 PM
I don't know why everyone always says this. All animals have sex for fun. Humans are one of the very few animals who ever have sex for any other reason.

Evidence please.

Solo
2008-03-11, 11:02 PM
Evidence please.

Banana slugs only mate for procreational purposes, as the female chews off the male's penis after mating.

Most animals mate based on hormones, or so it seems. They mate at certain times that can be predicted.

Humans screw whenever they damn feel like it.

horseboy
2008-03-11, 11:18 PM
I really shouldn't have read this thread, now my morbid love of train-wrecks means I have to go find a copy of this to read. :roy:

Collin152
2008-03-11, 11:22 PM

They being the key word there.

Cuddly
2008-03-11, 11:22 PM
Banana slugs only mate for procreational purposes, as the female chews off the male's penis after mating.

Most animals mate based on hormones, or so it seems. They mate at certain times that can be predicted.

No, I meant evidence that animals have feelings like "because they enjoy it." There are a whole bunch of animal behaviorists out there who would love to know how you can figure out what animals are thinking.

Solo
2008-03-11, 11:34 PM
You could monitor the pleasure centers of an animal's brain while it is mating.

Prevert.

Collin152
2008-03-11, 11:43 PM
You could monitor the pleasure centers of an animal's brain while it is mating.

Prevert.

Oh, no doubt they experience pleasure, but do they do it on their own to trigger that pleasure?

Wait... is prevert differant from pervert? I think I've heard that before...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 06:26 AM
I'm back.

And nope, the thread is not set up yet. I need to know a few things before I put it up:

A) Who here wants to play? Most important question, naturally.
B) Does anyone think I should allow for recruitment?
C) Anyone in favor or opposed to http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57241 and Pink tentacles? Player seems very fitting. And of course,
D) How firmly d'you want me to plant the tongue in the cheek?

Oh, and of course, we all now what prevert stands for. A Pre-pervert.

Solo
2008-03-12, 07:10 AM
Oh, no doubt they experience pleasure, but do they do it on their own to trigger that pleasure?

Wait... is prevert differant from pervert? I think I've heard that before...

You're a Communist!

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-12, 10:06 AM
I'm back.

And nope, the thread is not set up yet. I need to know a few things before I put it up:

A) Who here wants to play? Most important question, naturally.

Puts up hand.

B) Does anyone think I should allow for recruitment?

Hmm, the recruiting process can slow things down, and lose valuable initiative.

C) Anyone in favor or opposed to http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57241 and Pink tentacles? Player seems very fitting. And of course,

Pink tentacles? Wuh? (http://flickr.com/photos/9223655@N07/1513781855/) Oh, and in favour of URL's rules. Very, very, good.

Whose cheek? :smallbiggrin:
PROTIP - Beware of Bel-Airing. You have been warned that my mom may get scared.
Nah, very much so.

Frosty
2008-03-12, 10:22 AM
I'm interested, but I wanted to make sure of something first. This is a semi-serious game that involves heavily the use of BoEF correct? We are still held to the usual rping and personality-creating standards yes?

Stabby
2008-03-12, 11:33 AM
I'd play, course I have no idea what I would play... need to go home nad check books. Mmm... maybe a groper/grappler of some sort... hmm, "Give me a Hug!"

I'll post when I get home.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 11:44 AM
Well, the seriousness of the game is up to everyone's decision. In fact, that's the reason of the tongue-in-cheek question. Depending on who has majority, we could play a serious game or a cheesily comical game, which would probably also determine where the game ends (Either in the normal PbP boards, or the SMBG board). That said, no matter the decision, I'm going to introduce Evan's spiked tentacles of forced intrusion, the pink tentacles and, if Solo gives input, Leomund's luxurious Love shack. The "kicks" value HAS to exist.

draca
2008-03-12, 12:06 PM
Personally, I loved some of the gods introduced in the BoEF. I made a paladin of Kaladis. I was amazed that such an organic god of contracts, oaths, promises, and marriages would appear in the book. Which shows that they took a well rounded approach to the subject material, weaving it logically into a fantasy setting’s total way of life, and didn’t create it all to exist in a vacuum – or to just be about the encounters and accoutrements.

The Knot Binder prestige class is well worth adopting in any campaign, not just the ones that will have scenes that fade to black. Someone who can arbitrate disputes, notarize agreements, and play matchmaker all before afternoon tea? Wonderful! Especially for when you want to play a character with equal parts Truth & Justice, and Yenta.

Solo
2008-03-12, 12:14 PM
I don't have the BoEF, though I imagine my imagination will suffice?

Frosty
2008-03-12, 12:26 PM
I wa thinking of a Vow of nudity, but I think it'd be more fun to have idiosynchrosies involving billowing clothing :smalltongue:

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 01:06 PM
'S long as you don't try munchkining it to hell and back, you could take both.

I can just imagine it...Marily Monroe does her famous scene from The Seven year itch...and suddenly, she takes off all her clothing. Everyone's jaw drops with a massive THUD! And media watchdogs do a massive assault.

Frosty
2008-03-12, 01:26 PM
It's kind of impossible to munchkin. If you wear clothes, you lose the benefits of vow of nudity. Although Vows can be a fun...a Vow of Nudity, Vow of Chastity, and Sacred Vow Beloved of Valarian. :smallwink:

I dunno what I'll play yet. I gotta look at the BoEF again to get ideas.

SilverClawShift
2008-03-12, 02:52 PM

Whose cheeks?

Stabby
2008-03-12, 04:00 PM
I went home and re-read... I want to play a bard/rake. Seriously, its how I play a bard anyway! Well, except for my dwarven kilt wearer with is bagpipes.

Anyway, Im working out my Bard/Rake... should be fun.

Frosty
2008-03-12, 04:10 PM
Where will the rules of the char creation be posted? Dow e need to decide whether this will be a silly game before we decide on the rules?

Collin152
2008-03-12, 05:06 PM

What variety of cheek are we talking, precisely? Cause there are some things that are just too wierd for me.

Oh, a mildly serious game would be nice. You know, with real plot and motives, but a hell of a lot of sillyness and sex along the way.

Solo
2008-03-12, 05:16 PM
I went home and re-read... I want to play a bard/rake. Seriously, its how I play a bard anyway! Well, except for my dwarven kilt wearer with is bagpipes.

Anyway, Im working out my Bard/Rake... should be fun.

I sense competition.

*stabs*

GrassyGnoll
2008-03-12, 05:47 PM
Wow... considering I'm the guy who has always found some way to move the BoUCK into a game...
Still... I prefered the BoUCK to the BoEF, but I'll use them both. Just not explicitly. As far as builds go, I had a wizard that was all about the change gender spell. I also had a cleric who wanted POA simply to become a woman's perfect lover. I think that other spell is more usefull and a lower level...

I'm bringing back Oliander "Grim" Windriver now...

What's the BoUCK?

My new favorite weapon is the Phallus of the Engorged Satyr. But how do you beat people to death with a giant penis? Where do you hold it?

Collin152
2008-03-12, 06:19 PM
What's the BoUCK?

My new favorite weapon is the Phallus of the Engorged Satyr. But how do you beat people to death with a giant penis? Where do you hold it?

Preferably someplace private.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 06:28 PM
Where will the rules of the char creation be posted? Dow e need to decide whether this will be a silly game before we decide on the rules?

Here's the rules: Just about anything that is not munchkining is fine. I mean it. Even third parties, though anyone who wants to use one of those should make it very clear, 'cause finding those is rather difficult. Basically, anythig goes.

PS: Make sure to do a clear demonstration and explanation of homebrews, and link me to any web resource ('Cept the vow of nudity, I know of that one).

Collin152
2008-03-12, 06:55 PM
Here's the rules: Just about anything that is not munchkining is fine. I mean it. Even third parties, though anyone who wants to use one of those should make it very clear, 'cause finding those is rather difficult. Basically, anythig goes.

PS: Make sure to do a clear demonstration and explanation of homebrews, and link me to any web resource ('Cept the vow of nudity, I know of that one).

So... point buy? Random stats? 18's in everything? What have we got here?

Stabby
2008-03-12, 06:57 PM
I sense competition.

*stabs*

You just stabbed Stabby... um... how appropriate.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 07:04 PM
80 points to be invested in a one on one basis, + roll a 1d10 to see how many extra points you get. This allows for powerful characters, while still actually creating some kind of difference in them, points wise.

Frosty
2008-03-12, 07:04 PM
what level are we starting at?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 07:11 PM
7, unless there's huge outcry against it. Enough to actually get some customization done while still before the system autoscrews itself and it becomes unwieldy.

Frosty
2008-03-12, 07:14 PM
7 or 8 sounds good. It will give us a bit of the yummy PRCs.

Collin152
2008-03-12, 07:16 PM
As far as recruitment goes, if they feared to set foot in this thread, do we really want them?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 07:18 PM
Good point. Unless we suffer SRS! player shortage, better to get the people here to play.

Frosty
2008-03-12, 07:21 PM
SRS = Seriously?

On another note, the Samurai is now a Barbarian/Fitah/Warblade/Frenzied Berserker. A good happy medium between Monk and Planar Shepherd.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 07:29 PM
Yep. You guessed it. The most common use of the abbreviation is: INTRNT IS SRS BSNS!

Also, the character sounds nice. And a good change too, since if that samurai was a CW samurai, that's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Collin152
2008-03-12, 07:33 PM
Yep. You guessed it. The most common use of the abbreviation is: INTRNT IS SRS BSNS!

Also, the character sounds nice. And a good change too, since if that samurai was a CW samurai, that's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Hey! That's not fair!
Shooting yourself in the foot can keep you out of the army!

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 07:38 PM
Much better to take a nondescript drug that makes you fail on some test.

Trust me on that one, I've gotten a few friends of the army, and it's way better to do that. Less painful and all.

Collin152
2008-03-12, 07:40 PM
Much better to take a nondescript drug that makes you fail on some test.

Trust me on that one, I've gotten a few friends of the army, and it's way better to do that. Less painful and all.

Not the point.
At least shooting yourself in the foot does you something.

Frosty
2008-03-12, 07:42 PM

I wonder if you can use Maneuvers like Iron Heart Surge while Berserked, since you don't have control of yourself.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 07:45 PM
If there is no ruling on the matter, I'd rule that maneuvers that are attacks or counters can be used indiscriminately, as well as some boosts (IH endurance) on a case by case basis. Iron heart surge, though? Nah. If the point of it is to end the rage/frenzy, though, I'm willing to create an item that casts calm emotions on the wearer once he or she dispatches his enemies.

Frosty
2008-03-12, 07:56 PM
Right now, he can deal TONs of damage in one hit. Sometimes enough to drop the wizard in one hit. The wizard is scared.

Stabby
2008-03-12, 08:08 PM
Ok... so working on a bard/rake...

rolling for bonus points... 1d10

Oh, and when you say 80 points, one for one, starting at what number base, 8 or 0? Just cause I can be dense sometimes.

Collin152
2008-03-12, 08:12 PM
Ok... so working on a bard/rake...

rolling for bonus points... 1d10

Oh, and when you say 80 points, one for one, starting at what number base, 8 or 0? Just cause I can be dense sometimes.

Well, I'd usually guess 0, but I'd hate to have nonabilities and a charisma of 80...
And you know I could, too!

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 08:12 PM
0. If you were starting at 8, I might just as well give you full 18's.

Stabby
2008-03-12, 08:15 PM
Thats what I figured, but hey, might as well ask right?

Oh, and since this is BoEF compatable, we are using the whole Appearance stat as well?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 08:17 PM
Hmm...tough question. Is anyone going to use mechanics dependent on App? If so, everyone add 14 points to the pool of points that you can spend.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 09:18 PM
Hmm, now that I think about it, there IS an important use for appearance. The Vow of Nudity fits much better if keyed off it, doesn't it?

Collin152
2008-03-12, 10:17 PM
I don't actually own the book, so I have no idea what that ability is about...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 10:22 PM
Name says it all. The physical appearance of the character. This obviously means a rework of charisma. If App is used, CHA starts representing the force of will exclusively (In my not-so-humble oppinion, a good idea. Not every strong willed person is a supermodel). Of course, app has it's own tome and item, and a Bull's strength like spell. And an App draining spell too, etc. Since it is indeed quite fitting for the campaign, I believe we should include it, unless popular vote is hugely against it. Which means I'll have to retool the number of points slightly.

You start with a 0 in all of your stats. You are given 94 points to distribute on a one on one basis among them, plus 1d10 extra points that you can also distribute as you like.

Solo
2008-03-12, 10:27 PM
Make thread, outline rules, will appear and submit character.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 10:30 PM
Yeah, pretty much everything's done here except one thing: A vote on how serious d'you want the game to be. Which is probably the most important decision, since it'll affect the world with which the characters have to deal with.

Oh, BTW, I've been thinking something, Solo. The huge bonus a succubus gets to CHA should be put in APP instead. That said, Succubi would still get a +4 on CHA due to the extraordinarily strong will.

Solo
2008-03-12, 10:41 PM
Ok. I'll get back to you over the weekend, shall I?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 10:48 PM
Not a problem. I've to set everything up and I need the votes, which might take some time.

Solo
2008-03-12, 10:49 PM
I can make the succubus work with several classes, so let me know sometime what the party needs and I'll do it*

*And I will do it however it takes.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 10:52 PM
Don't worry about that. Feel free to pick anything you want. I'm of the opinion a DM shouldn't force the players to play anything, but rather engineer things so that everyone can do something.

That said, sometime, someday, I'm getting you Magnificent pigments.

Solo
2008-03-12, 10:53 PM
Will my lack of BoEF be a problem?:smalltongue:

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 10:55 PM
Not really. We've discussed APP and the transfer of the juicy CHA bonus + subsequent replacement, so we're mostly set.

Solo
2008-03-12, 10:57 PM
This homebrewed succubus will be of the Chaotic, Evil, and Outsider subtypes, with an LA of maybe about 1?

No SLA's, Damage Reduction, etc, but with the Alter Self thing they've got going.

K?

Collin152
2008-03-12, 11:01 PM
This homebrewed succubus will be of the Chaotic, Evil, and Outsider subtypes, with an LA of maybe about 1?

No SLA's, Damage Reduction, etc, but with the Alter Self thing they've got going.

K?

So, a changeling with stat boosts, outsider type, and some subtupes.
Sounds solid.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 11:03 PM
If the alter self doesn't give stat boosts and changes you to monstrous humanoids and humanoids instead of outsiders, and there's no wings, sure thing.

Also, LA buyoff rules exist and are at work.

Solo
2008-03-12, 11:08 PM
I guess it's more of a shape-changing thing than alter self... though as I tend to play casters, I'll have Alter Self anyways :smallbiggrin:

Hmm... can we say I went buyoff at an earlier level, so I'm, starting a level behind everyone?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-12, 11:10 PM
Should work then. I greenlight it.

Stabby
2008-03-13, 08:00 AM
Remember Solo, BoEF is OGL. Just throwing that out there.

I can play this seriously or very not. So I'll vote... um... I'll vote for serious, but it doesnt have to be.

Frosty
2008-03-13, 09:29 AM
I kinda want to do both. I want to try serious and non-serious :smallbiggrin:

Azerian, gimme a day to come up with a half Pleasure Devil/Nymph creature with a base LA of +1 or +2. I need to re-read the BoEF first, and I can't do that at work :p

Solo
2008-03-13, 09:30 AM
I don't think it's available for download in a PDF form, is it?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-13, 09:46 AM
I'm pretty sure just about every part of it has been dissected on Teh Intarwebz, so you can find it just by snooping a bit.

Also, how many of you are in favor and against using the perform (Sexual acts) mechanics?

Rutee
2008-03-13, 10:11 AM
Hm, interesting game concept. Consider me interested, but unsure if I could actually do it. Lemme read backlog, at least.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-13, 10:17 AM
Well, since we've yet to decide the seriousness of the game, I can't provide much information on the story. That said, I can give a broad review of the game we'd theoretically play.

If the votes go to a serious game, I'm thinking of a very heavy social game, quite close to narrative immersion, based around a bloody feud for the throne of a dying king. It would be a rather grim story, I think, with much focus on how the PC's act as agents of change.

The silly game...well, let's just say it involves bringing THE lampshade (Yanno, the one you hang) to the Temple Of The Unhelpful Priests Which Is Nonetheless So Heavily Guarded No BBEG Could Ever Take The Macguffins Stored There. And that a powerful artifact will be a list of "Do it" jokes that forces a gigantic will save against insanity.

Stabby
2008-03-13, 10:29 AM
Found on CrystalKeep a list of templates including Half-Fey, Half-Nymph and various others.

http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Templates.pdf

Im thinking a half-nymph bard. Should have a char sheet done in the next day or so.

Solo
2008-03-13, 12:07 PM
I guess I'll go for Sorcerer (Metamatic Specialist, Fatespinner), as I wouldn't want to compete directly with Stabby's bard.

Also, is it ok if I have Animate Rope as an SLA? :smalltongue:

And do I have Tongues or not?

Frosty
2008-03-13, 12:09 PM
Query: If I play a changeling, what does that mean for my APP score?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-13, 01:01 PM
Do changelings have any modifiers to CHA?

On another note, anyone else thinks that this is looking like the french court's "escadron de vol"? The only thing that's missing is an organizer.

Stabby
2008-03-13, 01:33 PM
Ok, Im thinking a half-nymphs +4 bonus to Cha would be to Appearance, corrrect? Im not a great home-brewer so I ask to be sure. Anyway, should have the char sheet done by tommorow.

Frosty
2008-03-13, 01:38 PM
changeling have no stat modifiers, but since Appearance is based on well...physical appearance, a changeling's APP score would be mutable? It'd be kinda wierd.

Rutee
2008-03-13, 02:06 PM
Well, since we've yet to decide the seriousness of the game, I can't provide much information on the story. That said, I can give a broad review of the game we'd theoretically play.

I won't even be worried about Story unless it's a serious game, so no worries. I'll poke my branes and see what pops out.

SilverClawShift
2008-03-13, 02:27 PM
What variety of cheek are we talking, precisely? Cause there are some things that are just too wierd for me.

Don't knock things until you've tried them :smalltongue:

Wait, what am I saying?..

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-13, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't mind rolling up a guy for this.

My heart cries out for a forbidding-looking, burly male Sacred Prostitute, but I'll take another look through the BoEF and see what's there.

Frosty
2008-03-13, 02:40 PM
There's no gender restrictions on who the Sacred Prostitute can refresh right? As long as there's nookie involved...

Solo
2008-03-13, 02:43 PM
There's no gender restrictions on who the Sacred Prostitute can refresh right? As long as there's nookie involved...

Gender isn't going to be a problem with both a Succubus and a Changeling around.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-13, 02:45 PM
Hmm, OK. Possibility of playing an unhinged Aelfborn (or something small, given the mount) Imagist, who 'wants to make the world a prettier place' - on fairly militaristic grounds, if necessary.

1d10 more attributes.

Also, I'm thinking of making her cohort a storm elemental, and riding about either on, or inside it. No, stop your sniggering! I was wondering what sort level one would count as. Thoughts?

Frosty
2008-03-13, 02:58 PM
Maybe I can have an intelligent item-familiar cohort (using Leadership I guess) that can change its shape and composition and act as clothing for my character :smalltongue:

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-13, 05:56 PM
Well, time to quench the thirst for data.

I'd say a changeling gets a +2 to APP when in a changed form. Having learned how to shapeshift, they have a knack for embellishing their current forms slightly.

As for Animate rope...1/day. Every 5 levels, you get an extra use. And as for tongues, I'm half tempted to say that you don't get it, half tempted to say it's a sort of latent ability you get when you attain more HD. What about attaining it when you get 10 HD, at half your ECL caster level or the minimum required CL, whichever is higher.

As for half nymphs, I'd say that yeah, the bonus changes to APP. Also, do they have any CHA based abilities?

As for sacred prostitutes, yeah, there's no restrictions on gender.

On the Aelfborn, what are it's characteristics or which book is it in? Having a storm elemental cohort seems fine, but you'll have to wait until you have a high enough level to get it, obviously.

As for item familiars...no. Just no. They autobreak the game. Maybe we can fluff it to be like that, but there's no way in hell I'm going to allow an item familiar. What we can do is create a sapient vest/armor/thong/whatever of disguise, which allows it to change it's looks, and if you later upgrade it, it can truly Alter it's Self, actually becoming something different. The question now is, how can we balance an item cohort so that it fits leadership...

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-13, 06:33 PM
On the Aelfborn, what are it's characteristics or which book is it in? Having a storm elemental cohort seems fine, but you'll have to wait until you have a high enough level to get it, obviously.

It's here (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.0Index-Creatures.pdf).

Storm Elementalwise, a couple more questions -

a) Could I ride about the place in/on it? Pwetty pwease? It might make more sense to play a member of a small race in that case, but

b) What size? Going by HD, a medium one would be appropriate - thoughts?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-13, 06:44 PM
Sounds fine. The only question here is, what happens if I cast a dispel magic on the character? Do the tattoos get suppressed? Or are they immune to that?

As for your queries:

A) If the elemental has enough STR to carry your weight, shouldn't be a problem.

B) Medium should theoretically be fine. As you advance, it should grow, eventually getting to be a Huge elemental, I believe. If we go that high in levels, that is.

Collin152
2008-03-13, 06:49 PM
Seems like everybody's going for something intrinsically tied to a life of sex...
I guess that means I'll play an Innkeeper Wizard.
Unless i can come up with something better, I'll be soem variety of wizard, and I think I'll buy ranks in Proffesion (Bartender) or (Innkeeper) or something.
I just hate templates is all, and it'd be odd for there to be two changelings, love them though I do.
Does anybody have any ideas they're willing to part with?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-13, 06:55 PM
Sounds fine. The only question here is, what happens if I cast a dispel magic on the character? Do the tattoos get suppressed? Or are they immune to that?

Suppressed, and, as you can see, they go pretty mental after that.

As for your queries:

A) If the elemental has enough STR to carry your weight, shouldn't be a problem.

OK, I'll make sure that it does. Bull's strength should seal it, if nothing else, or, indeed, given the, ahem, hints, between the two, Virility should do it.

B) Medium should theoretically be fine. As you advance, it should grow, eventually getting to be a Huge elemental, I believe. If we go that high in levels, that is.

Through large in the meantime, but yeah. For some reason, they also get an utterly mental Stat boost in that time, allowing the carrying to be much easier.

Seems like everybody's going for something intrinsically tied to a life of sex...

Nah, I just like the Imagist class. Expect me to churn out marvelous pigments by the megaton.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-13, 06:58 PM
You have a powerful tool at your disposal that is at least 10 Solo's more awesome than anything else, so I suggest you abuse it.

A Wizard Did It.

What about a zany wizard who is obsessed with spreading the word? Or a necromancer wizard to do weird Michael Jackson-esque stuff, or a wizard pimp. that's three ideas, with varying degrees of seriousness.

Also, remember that a wizard has a trick up their sleeve. If worst comes to worst, they can wield the M. C. Hammer.*

The M. C. Hammer is a +7 Holy Coup de Grace Vibrating Spell Storing Everdancing Hammer, with a quirk.

Whenever someone wields it in battle, a voice says "Stop! Hammertime!" And an intensified time stop spell is cast. The wielder then proceeds to spend the time stop dancing to the tune of "Can't Touch This!"

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-13, 07:01 PM
Nah, I just like the Imagist class. Expect me to churn out marvelous pigments by the megaton.

If one of those bring's Solo's succubus to life, you gain a level.

Note: That is an old joke. Ignore that.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-13, 07:04 PM
Also, remember that a wizard has a trick up their sleeve. If worst comes to worst, they can wield the M. C. Hammer.*

The M. C. Hammer is a +7 Holy Coup de Grace Vibrating Spell Storing Everdancing Hammer, with a quirk.

Whenever someone wields it in battle, a voice says "Stop! Hammertime!" And an intensified time stop spell is cast. The wielder then proceeds to spend the time stop dancing to the tune of "Can't Touch This!"

Does it have a synergy bonus with Greaves of Feather Fall?

Collin152
2008-03-13, 07:04 PM
You have a powerful tool at your disposal that is at least 10 Solo's more awesome than anything else, so I suggest you abuse it.

A Wizard Did It.

What about a zany wizard who is obsessed with spreading the word? Or a necromancer wizard to do weird Michael Jackson-esque stuff, or a wizard pimp. that's three ideas, with varying degrees of seriousness.

I thought Sarda was the Wizard Who Did It.

The MC Hammer is more apt to a bard, methinks.
I'll go for the pimp, I suppose, probably. Course, he may be a little darker than the average pimp, depending on the seriousnes of the game.
What do I mean by that?
Lesser Geas.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-13, 07:14 PM
We gotta Hugh Hefner in the making, methinks.

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-13, 08:00 PM
Changed my mind - going for a Divine Celibate, now.

Anyhow, maybe we should move this down to the recruiting forum? I don't think [roll] works on this one.

Collin152
2008-03-13, 08:45 PM
Changed my mind - going for a Divine Celibate, now.

Anyhow, maybe we should move this down to the recruiting forum? I don't think [roll] works on this one.

Do we need to [roll]? Isn't the honor system good enough for you people?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-13, 08:45 PM
Do we need to [roll]? Isn't the honor system good enough for you people?

I GOT 500 !!!1!

TheThan
2008-03-13, 11:10 PM
Maybe I can have an intelligent item-familiar cohort (using Leadership I guess) that can change its shape and composition and act as clothing a bed for my character :smalltongue:

fixed that for you

Rutee
2008-03-13, 11:13 PM
Maybe I can have an intelligent item-familiar cohort (using Leadership I guess) that can change its shape and composition and act as clothing a bed for my our characters

This could go on all night. :smallwink:

Collin152
2008-03-13, 11:13 PM
fixed that for you

Psh! If we use a bed, the term/song Greensleeves becomes innaplicable.

Artanis
2008-03-13, 11:21 PM
I thought Sarda was the Wizard Who Did It.

The MC Hammer is more apt to a bard, methinks.
I'll go for the pimp, I suppose, probably. Course, he may be a little darker than the average pimp, depending on the seriousnes of the game.
What do I mean by that?
Lesser Geas.
You realize, of course, that you have to name the character Wayne Brady, right?

TheThan
2008-03-13, 11:56 PM
Psh! If we use a bed, the term/song Greensleeves becomes innaplicable.

You could always find some other song that fits.

Sex is a huge theme in music after all.

Solo
2008-03-13, 11:56 PM

Bow chicka bow wow!

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 05:24 AM
So, should I move it to the recruitment board?

Stabby
2008-03-14, 07:24 AM
Half Nymph does have a charisma-based ability. Im going to assume that it becomes based on Apperance.
Awesome Beauty – any Humanoid within 30’ who looks at the
Half-Nymph is Shaken (WillNeg, DC is Charisma-based) for 1
minute. Continued looking results in additional saves, the failure
of which resets the duration. The Half-Nymph can suppress or
resume this ability as a Free Action. This is a [mind][fear] effect

You could post this to recruitment, if you want. How many people do we have and how many do you want/need?

I count at least 4. Solo, myself, Frosty, Collen, and various others.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 07:45 AM
The reason I ask is because apparently the roller does not work here.

Though we Invisiblecastle could always be used.

And yeah, that ability just screams of being APP fueled.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 02:19 PM
Collen

I see that, and can't help but think of vegetables, tumors, and my seventh grade english teacher.
Thanks a lot.

Can you find a better song about prostitutes that can be slipped under the radar like that? If so I'd love to hear it.
Gypsies Tramps and Thieves doesn't count; just because people can't understand her doesn't mean she isn't saying things.

Solo
2008-03-14, 02:29 PM
Half Nymph does have a charisma-based ability. Im going to assume that it becomes based on Apperance.
Awesome Beauty – any Humanoid within 30’ who looks at the
Half-Nymph is Shaken (WillNeg, DC is Charisma-based) for 1
minute. Continued looking results in additional saves, the failure
of which resets the duration. The Half-Nymph can suppress or
resume this ability as a Free Action. This is a [mind][fear] effect

You could post this to recruitment, if you want. How many people do we have and how many do you want/need?

I count at least 4. Solo, myself, Frosty, Collen, and various others.

It's a moresome!

Collin152
2008-03-14, 02:33 PM
It's a moresome!

And with a changeling and a succubus, everybody get's what they want.
Course, a wizard always gets what he wants, Frodo Baggins, else he changes what others want.

Based on the fact that solo is playing a succubus, I'm guessing this game is evil-tolerant?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 02:39 PM
Nah, her succubus is Good. It still gets the Evil and Chaotic subtypes, but I hereby houserule NO, IT DOES NOT bring evil to the world by existing if it's good.

Stabby
2008-03-14, 02:43 PM
Ok, working on finishing up my Half-Nymph Bard... he's a ROCKSTAR! Seriously, groupies and all that.

Standard WBL?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 02:48 PM
Yes. Extraordinarily good RP'ing might net you up to 1.5 the WBL, but that's fo' latah. Unless your backstory is an epic win, but nobody does epic win backstories this days.

Also, you will be able to enchant your instrument to empower it's effects and bonii, just so you know.

Last thing: What d'you think of dedicated fans as Leadership followers?

Keld Denar
2008-03-14, 03:06 PM
effects and bonii

Tell me more about the effects of this "bone-ii"?

Oh come on...you left yourself open!

Also, there is that 1st level spell in Nymphology that gives you a bow chicka bow wow acompanyment. It only lasts minutes/level, but its 1st, so you could Persist it fairly easily for some allday bass groove.

Frosty
2008-03-14, 03:17 PM
I think I'll want to vote for a non-serious campaign for now. I've got some fun ideas for jokes with my changeling.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 03:17 PM
Can you list it here? That sounds thorougly amazing for a bard who doesn't take the Geddy Lee variant, and helpin' mah playahs is the number one thing on my DM list.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 03:29 PM
Nah, her succubus is Good. It still gets the Evil and Chaotic subtypes, but I hereby houserule NO, IT DOES NOT bring evil to the world by existing if it's good.

So wait... I'm a sadistic pimp... who isn't evil?
Kinda difficult...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 03:34 PM
No, no. The ALIGNMENT of the succubus is LG. However, like every other tanar'ri, it has the [Evil], [Tanar'ri], and [Chaotic] monster subtypes. That's all. If you choose to be a sadistic pimp, however, you WOULD be evil. Alignment and subtypes are seriously different things.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 03:37 PM
No, no. The ALIGNMENT of the succubus is LG. However, like every other tanar'ri, it has the [Evil], [Tanar'ri], and [Chaotic] monster subtypes. That's all. If you choose to be a sadistic pimp, however, you WOULD be evil. Alignment and subtypes are seriously different things.

Oh, so the succubus happens to be good.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 03:42 PM
Yeah. The subtypes are a holdover. If anything, they're gonna be a balanced out thing, because while the blasphemy and hammer of chaos spells won't affect it, a smite is gonna deal the whole big bag o' damage.

Frosty
2008-03-14, 04:26 PM
I was under the impression that the LG succubus will be screwed for ALL alignment related stuff? Smite <any alignment> should work on her. Even blasphemy should work because if she is any non-evil, she gets screwed?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 04:34 PM
I'm pretty positive there's a clause that declares spells with the [X] descriptor useless or less effective against creatures with said subtype. Which means a hammer of chaos wouldn't work, but a smite chaos, evil, good, or law WOULD work, because a clause also specifies that smites work that way.

Of course, smite opposition still screws anything like a stallion.

Solo
2008-03-14, 04:38 PM
And that is something a succubus would know about...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 04:39 PM
Sorta. Most succubi know that Paladin smite = Bad, but few, I believe, know that Hammer of Chaos will not touch you.

Stabby
2008-03-14, 04:47 PM
Screwing like a stallion?

That would be me with my +15 to Perform (Get Freaky)

Groupies as Leadership followers? Im there!

Here is a tenative char sheet for Fiero Séduisant (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=45715) lvl 5 Human Half Nymph Bard (LA +2) ECL 7

Its not finished yet, but its a start.

*edit: fixed link*

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 04:49 PM
Remember this: When you hit the next level, you can buy off one point of the LA, if you want. Jus' a reminder.

Hmm...I can't see the sheet, the link won't work.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 05:19 PM
Twon't open for me, either.

So, wait, what classes is everybody laying? He's evidently a Bard, I've got a wizard a brewin', what else will there be? It affects spell selection and such, you know.

TheThan
2008-03-14, 05:28 PM
I’m thinking of applying for this game, just because the idea of playing this (http://www.elfwood.com/art/a/n/andersson/lapdancing_orc.jpg.html) is amusing.
(warning, borderline safe for work, might want to err on the side of caution.)

Aside from that, this thread makes me feel dirty…

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 05:29 PM
Maybe he forgot to make it public?

Well, Solo is playing a Sorcerer, Illiterate's probably making an arcanist too, Dunno about frosty, and I think that's it.

Talya
2008-03-14, 05:41 PM
Woah...did this thread become interesting again? Are you guys actually playing a game based on the BoEF?

Collin152
2008-03-14, 05:45 PM
Hm. Awfully spellcaster heavy.
And lord knows Solo makes a better sorcerer than I make a wizard.
Well, if we're all arcanists, we'll all have plenty of action.
If we take enchantment spells, we'll all get plenty of action.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 06:03 PM
Methinks it seems so. That said, if we do a serios game it's gonna be a very dialog heavy campaign, with only the occasional combat.

And yeah, we're planning on playing a game. I'm the DM.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 06:18 PM
Also, that wins, greatly. That orc gets a +56 bonus for his Performance (Exotic dancing) skill, and auto suggests and Charm Person's the ladies.

Frosty
2008-03-14, 06:23 PM
We need at least one PC with tentacles.

Tengu
2008-03-14, 06:26 PM
Very tempting.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 06:28 PM
Remember that Pink tentacles is a spell and can do the job.

That said, I'm willing to allow a superintelligent anthropomorphic carrion crawler, if well played. Too many tentacles? There is no such thing!

Solo
2008-03-14, 06:35 PM
We need at least one PC with tentacles.

Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Force Intrusion (lvl5), a spell that is the same as Black Tentacles, but it does piercing damage instead, is a Evocation [Force] spell, and deals 4d6 damage to the target per round.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 06:35 PM
Makes me want a homebrew shapeshifting demon that gorws tentacles at will...

Solo
2008-03-14, 06:37 PM

Will have much fun with Alter Self.

Rutee
2008-03-14, 06:38 PM

I'd hit it.

Reading the BoEF again tonight. Had stuff to do yesterday, should have something come Sunday at the latest.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 06:40 PM
There's also the level 9 version of the tentacles. Has +32 to grapple, and does 64 damage per tentacle every time. It spawns 6 tentacles.

Also, for a "sexy" tentacle demon, we have the Lilitu, an empowered succubus. I use "" because the pic it has isn't truly sexy, but I can see it working.

Rutee
2008-03-14, 06:42 PM
Which post had the specific rules for the game, dear? That way I know what to expect in terms of.. like everything crunchy >.>

Collin152
2008-03-14, 06:48 PM
Come to think of it, psuedonatural creatures get a ton of tentacles...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 06:55 PM
Well, it's spread out, but here's the deal:

94 points of one on one point buy plus 1d10 to get a few extra points.

APP is one of the stats. Some bonii to CHA instead go to APP, with some kind of different bonus being added to CHA if the race is sufficiently strong willed.

The starting level is 7, to give some customization for everyone.

Duke of URL's idiosyncracies can be taken, if you want them. You gain one every 5 levels, or when you perform a truly badass feat of combat or RP.

Just about every 3.0 and 3.5 book in existence is allowed, though parts may be banned (No, no incantatrixes!)

Also, feel free to ask if you can play monster races. Like We did with Solo, we can work something out.

When a changeling is in any shape that is not his or her own's, it gets a +2 to APP.

Certain abilities might be keyed off APP instead of charisma, such as Vow of Nudity and the Half Nymph's ability. These are reviewed on a case by case basis.

There's standard WBL.

And I believe that's it. Any questions?

Frosty
2008-03-14, 06:58 PM
We should convince Talya to get into this game :smalltongue:

Glyphic
2008-03-14, 07:01 PM
That said, I'm willing to allow a superintelligent anthropomorphic carrion crawler, if well played. Too many tentacles? There is no such thing!

This interests me, but I'm not sure this game is for me. Never gotten into play by post.. but damn, that's a hard offer to pass up.

>.> Too many arcanists. my first instincts would be go conjuration and necromancy. The dead, and the tentacled!

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 07:02 PM
I'm taking on all comers, and no, I'm for once not doing innuendo. Anyone who wants to play will be welcomed with open arms, and once again, this is not innuendo.

But blank space IS innuendo.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 07:05 PM
Fore future refrence, bonii do not exist. They are bonuses.
Bonii just sounds wrong.
"Seeing as our school has a strict no-animals policy, I'm assuming these are hypothetical dogs and ponii."

Frosty
2008-03-14, 07:07 PM
I'm taking on all comers, and no, I'm for once not doing innuendo. Anyone who wants to play will be welcomed with open arms, and once again, this is not innuendo.

But blank space IS innuendo.

If you had said, "Welcomed with open legs," then it'd be innuendo.

Solo
2008-03-14, 07:14 PM
This interests me, but I'm not sure this game is for me. Never gotten into play by post.. but damn, that's a hard offer to pass up.

>.> Too many arcanists. my first instincts would be go conjuration and necromancy. The dead, and the tentacled!

As explained in my Guide to Sorcery, you can never have too many casters.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 07:14 PM
If you had said, "Welcomed with open legs," then it'd be innuendo.

Hey, my legs are crossed, but I'll spread them for a newcomer any day.

Glyphic
2008-03-14, 07:15 PM
Very Cool AK. I'm wondering about the pace of the game though. We've very enthusiastic, but do we have what it takes to go the distance; How often do we all suspect we'll post?

I'm DM'ing my own game tonight and really need to get back to preparing (entropic cloakers, ahoy!), but would really like to hear about the level adjustment for said carrion crawler, as well as nifty abilities.

And if we need a straight man, I can do that too.

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-14, 07:19 PM
I'd like to take care of the meatshield role: Knight5/DivineCelibate2 with Vow of Poverty and Peace.

I'm picturing a huge, heavily-scarred, bestial-looking man. A guy who murdered, raped, and pillaged his way through villages for years. His crimes would be manyfold, varied, and horrific. Until his crimes offended Cevelis, and she cursed him to never harm another soul, to give away his money to charity, and to take a vow of chastity.

So in battle, you'd have this big scary sociopath... riding around on a unicorn, healing people, breaking weapons with his face, and harmlessly grappling his enemies down.

Rutee
2008-03-14, 07:20 PM
Very Cool AK. I'm wondering about the pace of the game though. We've very enthusiastic, but do we have what it takes to go the distance; How often do we all suspect we'll post?

I generally make an effort for once a day, at the least.

I kindasorta wanna think about some sort of Cleric or conjurer.. My main problem is that I like wizards on a thematic level but I'm going to send Solo into conniptions with my inability to optimize them :smallyuk:

Clerics, on the other hand, don't have as many fun BoEF spells, IIRC.

You never need a straight man.

:smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-03-14, 07:21 PM

Playing hard-to-get, eh?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 07:33 PM
Well, the frequency would be one post every day or every two days, to have a nice rythm. More is greatly encouraged, obviously.

As for Rutee and dyslexic, sheets and expanded backstory are just about the only thing needed.

As for the carrion crawler...5' climb speed, no HD, medium, the only climb boost is taking 10 anytime, +2 to every stat except CHA which takes a -2 and INT which has a +4, and you get 6 tentacles that don't do damage (And can never do, not even when something should add dice) but paralyse when someone fails to make a Fort save against 10 + your CON modifier DC. You still have scent, and the LA is 2. Without scent and 3 tentacles less, it's +1. Speed is 20'. Anything else?

EagleWiz
2008-03-14, 07:35 PM
EDIT: Ok ignore that. Some sort of accidental backtracking.

I think ill join if its joking. 3 questions: Can i use Stronghold Builders Guide,what is everyone else playing, and how exactaly does level adjustment buyback work?

Glyphic
2008-03-14, 07:36 PM
Playing hard-to-get, eh?
I'm quite the elusive target :smallwink:.

And now that I think about join this thread, all sorts of fantastic ideas pop into my head. It's a shame Shadow casters didn't get any dark secrets mysteries in BoEF.

*goes and flips through the book more*

@ak: 2d4 rounds on the paralyze effect, yes; Are all tentacles at the same base attack since they're natural weapons? As far as Sq's go, I'd like darkvision; scent might be too distracting with all the pheromones drifting about..Very much willing to drop the randomish all stat bonus (+2 app? really?) for 'cooler' things, or even take stat penalties.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 07:43 PM
You can use homebrew mysteries if you want and I find them balanced. Also, IF you want to play one, use this daily use progression: 7/6/5/4/4/4/3/3/3.

As for LA buyoff: Here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm)

As for the feat, yeah, but I don't think you'll get a stronghold.

Frosty
2008-03-14, 07:46 PM
I will be some sort of arcanist as well. I wonder if we can do gestalt. Oooh, I'll com up with some custom flaws too :p there's GOTTA be some cool new flaws related to erotica.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 07:49 PM
I will be some sort of arcanist as well. I wonder if we can do gestalt. Oooh, I'll com up with some custom flaws too :p there's GOTTA be some cool new flaws related to erotica.

Thousands. Some are counterintuitive, though, like erectile disfunction.

Glyphic
2008-03-14, 07:52 PM
Thousands. Some are counterintuitive, though, like erectile disfunction.

Don't exclude the possiblity of one of us being or meeting a Gnome Pharmacist.

EagleWiz
2008-03-14, 07:54 PM
I see.
I think... human wiz/clr/true necromancer.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 07:59 PM
I see.
I think... human wiz/clr/true necromancer.

It's a trap!

Read and learn, m'boy. (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=599129)

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-14, 08:05 PM
What are people's opinions of tentacles made of lightning and sound?

Collin152
2008-03-14, 08:06 PM

Neither of those are substances, and thus tentacles formed of them are nonsensicle?
Especially the sound one.

EagleWiz
2008-03-14, 08:07 PM
So? Underpowered for a spellcaster isnt that underpowered.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 08:08 PM
If they do the job, they are okay.

As for flaws, feel free to invent any you want. That said, they bettah be a problem and be appropiately justified by backstory, or else I'm going to drop the banhammer on 'em hard.

As for gestalt...up to you guys.

Collin152
2008-03-14, 08:08 PM
So? Underpowered for a spellcaster isnt that underpowered.

It's underpowered for what it's trying to do.
it's like a bard that can't affect people's minds.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 08:10 PM
It's not on the level of picking healer or monk, but around that kind of power. It IS rather weak.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-14, 08:11 PM
Neither of those are substances, and thus tentacles formed of them are nonsensicle?
Especially the sound one.

This is D and D. You can have a cohort made of lightning and sound - the purest, elemental forms of them, in fact. If you have issues with that, I suggest you take that up with the Princes of Elemental Evil.

Rutee
2008-03-14, 08:13 PM
It defeats the whole purpose if they hurt...

...Unless you're a masochist I guess...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 08:13 PM
Do the tentacles inflict sonic and electrical damage, or they just provide a fuzzy feeling and ambient music?

Collin152
2008-03-14, 08:15 PM
This is D and D. You can have a cohort made of lightning and sound - the purest, elemental forms of them, in fact. If you have issues with that, I suggest you take that up with the Princes of Elemental Evil.

Fair anough. I still can't see sound tentacles. Literally, I can't.
Besides, sonic is a broken energy.

Oh, and if True Necro was still just underpowered spellcaster level, the pary is nearly entirely spellcasters anyways, so you'd still be underpowered.

EagleWiz
2008-03-14, 08:15 PM
Huh let me look at that class again...

Rutee
2008-03-14, 08:17 PM
If there's Gestalt, expect me to do something with ToB. I see no reason to pick and choose between my two DnD fascinations :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-03-14, 08:19 PM
Top Ten Reasons True Necromancers Are Bad

1. At 14th level, you are five caster levels behind in both classes, so if the party Fighter took Leadership, and his cohort got Leadership, he’d actually be bringing more Necromancy to the table than you. As a fighter.
2. You have to take the Death Domain as a Necromancer Cleric, which is a waste of a Domain Slot when you are trying to be good at Necromancy.
3. In the early levels, you postpone your access to Animate Dead by 4 levels.
4. At 8th level a True Necromancer can create, but not control Ghouls. A Cleric at that level can control but not create Ghouls. Guess which is better? At 11th level, the True Necromancer gets the ability to control Ghouls, and the Cleric gets the ability to create them, so there’s no point at which this is advantageous.
5. The only unique ability of the True Necromancer class is unimpressive. Desecrate is a great spell, but it’s also a second level spell.
6. True Necromancers eventually get a bonus to Rebuking – at 17th level they have a +1 bonus to their Rebuking level. But at 7th level they have a 3 level penalty to their Rebuking level. So at low levels when rebuking is good they can’t use it, and at high levels when Rebuking doesn’t matter they don’t care.
7. True Necromancers are always going to have underwhelming Save DCs. Between MAD and the fact that they are often forced to use spells that are 3 spell levels lower than what the single-classed casters can use, they’re going to be out enough Save DC that it shows. A lot.
8. As a True Necromancer you have all the disadvantages of both a Cleric (the gods can take away all your spellcasting at any time), and a Wizard (you have Arcane Spell Failure, preventing you from wearing good armor). Also, your BAB and HPs stink when compared to a Cleric.
9. Control pools from Animate Dead actually don’t accumulate between your two classes. It’ right in the spell, if you cast the spell it considers all undead you control from all castings of Animate Dead, not just your Arcane or just your Divine castings of the spell. Some people say differently, and some even quote CustServ, but when was the last time you won an argument with your DM using the line "some guy on a board said that CustServ told him....."?
10. There is almost no synergy between Cleric and Wizard Necromancy. Any synergy you desperately want to find could be replicated by just taking the Apprentice feat at first level and having some Use Magic Device. Get yourself a couple of Wizard Scrolls or something. It’s a better buy than setting 5 caster levels on fire. Smart cookies can even get the right spell effects off monsters for free, no less.

All you really need to know.

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-14, 08:19 PM
Painful and invasive?

EagleWiz
2008-03-14, 08:40 PM
Edit: Ahh I appear to have mixed up TRUE necromancer abilatys and DREAD necromancer abilitys. Just a few questions for the DM though:
#1: Wait is this (4+chr mod)/lvl thing correct?
#2: Instead of all undead i make at 8th lvl getting the bonuses in undead mastery can i have corpsecrafter as a bonus feat? (Same exact bonuses, except corpsecrafter lets you take other feats)
#3: What if I already have Craft Wonderous item at 19th lvl? Can i just get a bonus feat?
#4:If I survive to 20th lvl can I become a non-evil lich?
#5: If i take corpsecrafter before 8th lvl can i have a bonus feat from the corpsecrafter feat chain at 8th lvl?
#6 Can i use the feats/spells from Fiendish Codex 1 (For advanced learning)

Edit: And i vote NO to gesalt

Stabby
2008-03-14, 08:47 PM
Oh, fixed my char sheet. I can't believe I have 3 different Perform skills.

Solo
2008-03-14, 08:49 PM
How about this site (http://www.roleplaynexus.com/flaws.html)for flaws?

Terraoblivion
2008-03-14, 08:51 PM
I know this is completely off topic and relates to something on the very first page of the thread. I just thought that Rutee might be interested in knowing that Aeire the cartoonist who made Queen of Wands has a sequel called Punch an' Pie (http://www.punchanpie.net) focusing on Angela. Sorry if anybody has already mentioned it or if you don't particularly care, just thought to mention it.

Mattarias, King.
2008-03-14, 08:57 PM
*Mattarias pops in from the homebrew boards, chewing on the remains of what seems to be an old PrC.*

:smallconfused: "I heard 'Elemental' and 'Elf boobies'. Were do I sign up?"

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 09:01 PM
Wow. Did someone munchkin his or her CHA and and get Leadership? We're flooded with petitions for joining!

But yeah, you can join if you want.

Scintillatus
2008-03-14, 09:05 PM
I am thoroughly tempted. I wouldn't be able to pull off serious, though.

Frosty
2008-03-14, 09:17 PM
And at the beginning we thought people wouldn't like BoEF :smallbiggrin:

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-14, 09:21 PM
The Invisible Castle roll for the extra attribute points: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1527779/

101 points to put into abilities, at a 1-to-1 ratio? That seems... very high.

Mattarias, King.
*Mattarias chews a bit, then vaporizes the PrC into nothing.*

"Eh, on second thought, maybe not. Sounds fun, but I don't feel like dealin' with needing a cure disease spell cast on me after every encounter. I'll be keeping an eye on y'all, though. Sounds pretty hot, and if there's one thing we Mattariases like, it's heat."

*He doffs his hat, pulls out a cigar, lights it, and disappears into the fire.*

Rutee
I know this is completely off topic and relates to something on the very first page of the thread. I just thought that Rutee might be interested in knowing that Aeire the cartoonist who made Queen of Wands has a sequel called Punch an' Pie (http://www.punchanpie.net) focusing on Angela. Sorry if anybody has already mentioned it or if you don't particularly care, just thought to mention it.

...I had no idea, and this'll be a great read. Thank you so much!

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 09:25 PM
The Invisible Castle roll for the extra attribute points: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1527779/

101 points to put into abilities, at a 1-to-1 ratio? That seems... very high.

With seven stats? Not really. All of them must be at 3 at least, anyway.

TheThan
2008-03-14, 09:26 PM
I might just throw my… hand… into this game.

Though I’ve never used that sort of point buy. Do you start at 0 for each score and buy each point at a 1:1 ratio?

I also homebrewed the stats for the famous chain mail bikini and the slightly less famous furry loincloth somewhere on these forums… mind if I use them?

Anyway my weekend looks a bit busy so give me a few days to get a character. Probably an orc barbarian you know, the ultra masculine type.

*homebrewed furry loincloth courtesy of Orion the G*
Furry Loincloth
Armor type: light
AC: +2
Max dex: +6
ASF: 10%
ACP: 0
Speed: 30 medium, 20 small
Weight: 3 lbs.

Grants +2 on intimidate checks and -2 on checks for concealment or any Diplomacy or Bluff rolls made in civilized societies.
If you want the stats for the bikini just ask…

edit
where's the recruitment thread? or is there one?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-14, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I wanna know. The furry loincloth seems fine, but shouldn't it also have a "works differently with anthropomorphic animals" clause? Aah, well, I'll homebrew it if we need it.

And yeah, you start at 0 points and invest on a one on one basis. You have the normal 6 stats plus APP, and have 94 points + 1d10 points to spend.

Edit: Nah, for the time being, we're doing recruitment here, since it naturally transformed into that.

TheThan
2008-03-14, 10:17 PM
thanks for the info and for clearing the loincloth.

Frosty
2008-03-14, 10:32 PM
And the bikini stats? Although my character will likely be wearing some sor tof skirt instead nad have a air-elemental familiar.

Scintillatus
2008-03-14, 10:33 PM
Man the items in the BoEF are hilariously goofy. "Circle of Sexual Stamina"?

P.S. Catfolk Warblade who's bought off his LA okay with you, Azerian?

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-14, 10:53 PM
Still needs a lil' bit of work done, but here's my Reluctantly Celibate Knight (http://www.shonuffstudios.com/gothmoor/profiler/view.php?id=226), Vorg Adalbrecht.

TheThan
2008-03-14, 11:02 PM
And the bikini stats? Although my character will likely be wearing some sor tof skirt instead nad have a air-elemental familiar.

Chain mail bikini
Cost: 400*
Armor type: light
AC: +2
Max dex: +6
ASF: 10%
ACP: 0
Speed: 30 medium, 20 small
Weight: 5 lbs.
Special: this armor imparts a +2 equipment bonus to diplomacy, gather information and charisma checks. It also imparts a –2 penalty to any slight of hand checks made to hide items on the wearer’s body as well as a –2 penalty to con saves made to resist cold.

* This armor is always masterwork quality.

Usually worn by female human and elf warriors (as in fighters and barbarians) who want light, functional and very flattering armor. The armor itself consists of a chain mail bikini top (they come in a variety of styles, and have adjustable straps), a chain mail G-string and a Tiara. The armor also comes with a leather top and G-string that is worn under the armor for comfort and to prevent chaffing. The armor can be found made out of elven chain, Adamantine and Mithral (adjust price accordingly). The chain mail bikini does not includes paldrons, grieves, bracers or gauntlets.

Wow I’m flipping through complete warrior and I happen to stop on master of the unseen hand and I immediately though of this game (particularly with the ability called Improved violent thrust)… same with reaping mauler. Now I feel dirty…

I also just noticed a cool combo: scout/dervish/ frenzied disciple: dance about mesmerizing people as you slash them up for massive damage. It might be useful but I don’t think this game is going to rely so heavily on combat. Unless you think that love is war...

BYW here's my bonus stat roll:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1527838/

Stabby
2008-03-15, 10:14 AM
. Unless you think that love is war...

Well, love is a battlefield

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 11:31 AM
En order:

Yes, the warblade is fine. The game's not gonna be too combat heavy, though.

Dyslexic, you SURE you want to take Vow of poverty? It usually does more harm than good. I'm willing to let you take an improved version if you find one. BTW, you can't have an enchanted longspear or other items that have some kind of value, aside from one unenchanted simple weapon. THIS is the reason I'm asking if you really want the vow.

The roll and the bikini are okay. And a specially crafted combat skirt could add AC, in the same way a cloak can add miss chance when used to parry blows.

Also, stabby, your char is absolutely fine. Also, can you list the items you have?

Solo
2008-03-15, 11:45 AM
Well, love is a battlefield

*stabitty stab stab*

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 11:48 AM
No, please, let's cut that here before I cut to song and annihilate everything in a few blocks radius.

EagleWiz
2008-03-15, 12:16 PM
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1528191/
Well I got a 9. Thats how many points total?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 12:17 PM
103 points. 94 + 9. All your stats star at 0, you have seven stats, all of them must be at least at 3.

EagleWiz
2008-03-15, 12:18 PM
Ok... anyone know a good charactor sheet storage website?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 12:20 PM
Mythweavers and The Tangled Web are good. And remember, this game will probably not be combat focused.

Frosty
2008-03-15, 12:22 PM
I wonder if seductio is a skill we have to purchase separately, and what it is opposed by. Sense motive?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 12:29 PM
Unless I am throughly mistaken, Bluff fills that role. Which makes sense, sorta. And bluff is faced off against an opposed sense motive check.

Frosty
2008-03-15, 12:32 PM
So hav we decided on serious or not? It will definitely affect the archetype and role of my character.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 12:35 PM
Dunno. We should come to a decision before this day ends, since developing two plotlines at a time is horrific.

Scintillatus
2008-03-15, 12:44 PM
For what it's worth, I vote for a non-serious game.

TheThan
2008-03-15, 01:03 PM
I don’t think we need a character hosting site. Since it’s a heavy RP game we won’t be needing to reference the sheet a lot for fights. Also we have 7 ability scores and I can’t think of a single site that will have an appearance stat. Even if we do find one, it might not be family friendly.

As far as what the tone of the game should be like, I think it should be a bit light hearted but serious with a bit of comedy thrown in for good measure. I’m planning on planing a male orc stripper, which is a bit silly after all.

Couple of questions: do I adjust my stats normally after I distribute points? And how are we doing hp?

Solo
2008-03-15, 01:10 PM
I don’t think we need a character hosting site. Since it’s a heavy RP game we won’t be needing to reference the sheet a lot for fights. Also we have 7 ability scores and I can’t think of a single site that will have an appearance stat. Even if we do find one, it might not be family friendly.

Since when do any of us have families?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 01:12 PM
Well, the serious campaign would be rather gritty (We're speaking of a succession feud handled a la real life.), but it WOULD have lightheartedness and good to show that not all is lost and there's hope *Shoots two downer endings trying to sneak past*, not to mention a good way to handle things.

As for APP, just note it in the feat or special capabilities.

Oh, whatcha mean about adjusting after distributing points? And as for HP, you can either roll or take the average, your pick.

Solo
2008-03-15, 01:15 PM
Well, the serious campaign would be rather gritty (We're speaking of a succession feud handled a la real life.), but it WOULD have lightheartedness and good to show that not all is lost and there's hope *Shoots two downer endings trying to sneak past*, not to mention a good way to handle things.

I know a good way to handle things:smalltongue:

Scintillatus
2008-03-15, 01:20 PM
I was kind of planning on goofy, seeing as I'm replacing the martial focus of the Warblade with a sexual one. Tight trousers, swashbuckling and quips. Life-long training to satisfy the daughters of mayors everywhere.

D'you mind if I take Bluff instead of Diplomacy as a class skill, and use Charisma instead of Intelligence for abilities? I figure that's getting pretty variant-y, but it's flavour-appropriate.

Oh, and can I just take five from the bonus points?

And regarding family-friendliness.. I think we're already pushing it. And I don't see it getting any tamer as we go. :P

Solo
2008-03-15, 01:23 PM
Seducing someone isn't Bluffing if you've got something to back it up with.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 01:24 PM
That's a given. The gritty version AND the goofy version will both be NSFW (sorta).

As for the variant, sure, why not? It's in fact a nerf, so it's good.

As for the bonus point, methinks I'll have to say no, mostly because it would be unfair for those who rolled and got a low amount of bonus points without that option.