PDA

View Full Version : BoEF Builds

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TheThan
2008-03-15, 01:28 PM
Well, the serious campaign would be rather gritty (We're speaking of a succession feud handled a la real life.), but it WOULD have lightheartedness and good to show that not all is lost and there's hope *Shoots two downer endings trying to sneak past*, not to mention a good way to handle things.

As for APP, just note it in the feat or special capabilities.

Oh, whatcha mean about adjusting after distributing points? And as for HP, you can either roll or take the average, your pick.

Say I put 18 points in str, then do I add the +4 for being an orc (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/orc.htm)? Pushing my str up to 22

Scintillatus
2008-03-15, 01:35 PM
There's also one point for levelling up, but I guess that's covered in the original 91?

P.S:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1528232/

Strength: 18
Dexterity: 18 (14+racial bonus)
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 8
Charisma: 18 (16+racial bonus)
Appearance: 18

I think I will take Endurance, and Sexual Training.

Which qualifies me as "Incredible" for both Stamina Rating and Sexuality Rating.

Edit: Made a correction. Also, health roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1528237/

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-15, 01:42 PM
AK - the +1 is for the VoP's Exalted Strike. Makes any weapon you're wielding effectively a +1 magic weapon.

I admit, VoP is less than optimal, but I figured, since I'm going to be loading on the Exalted Vow feats, I might as well use VoP to get em for "free."

Anyway, his function in battle is going to be to get between all those arcanists and their enemies, call out a will DC21 Call of Mettle to force them to attack him, and then soak up their attacks with his 26 AC and his... lessee...

5d12+40=76, 2d8+16=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1528238/)... 101 hp.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 01:49 PM
Than: Yes, indeed.

Scintillatus: Nope, that point is not covered. The points there are the base stats, before any modifications.

Dyslexic: 'kay, then. If you DO find a more powerful VoP and want it, tell me.

Scintillatus
2008-03-15, 01:53 PM
16 Endurance, then.

My sexual prowess is legendary!

*tinkers in Myth-Weavers*

Glyphic
2008-03-15, 03:51 PM
For starters, here's my bonus roll. I'm above average!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1528354/

So much to tinker with. If I'm lucky, I'll have Mr/Ms/It Carrion crawler finished by tonight. I may have missed it, but is there a list of books? It seems like everything is allowed, but BoEF (the point of all this, right?) is highly encouraged.

I'll throw a vote for a serious campaign. But with so many scamps around non-serious is very fine by me.

TheThan
2008-03-15, 03:53 PM
I’m thinking the game is going to be heading down the non-serious road. Even if its supposed to be serious.

Dhavaer
2008-03-15, 04:18 PM
I wonder if seductio is a skill we have to purchase separately, and what it is opposed by. Sense motive?

The Dead Levels articles on wizards.com gave the Swashbuckler a Seduction class feature.

Glyphic
2008-03-15, 05:18 PM
The Dead Levels articles on wizards.com gave the Swashbuckler a Seduction class feature.

I'd happily be seduced by someone with class... levels.

Bleen
2008-03-15, 05:30 PM

I didn't have time to read all 18 pages of this but..
Are you crazy folks doing what I think you're doing?

Rutee
2008-03-15, 05:30 PM
Blah. For some reason actually reading the book has been murderlating my enthusiasm for the game. If this keeps up, I'll just gracefully drop, okies?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-15, 06:04 PM
I GOT A 1! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1528467/)

OK, there's the stats. Sheet tomorrow.

Would leadership be considered alright, if not used for gamebreaking purposes? It would just be fun to have people to order about.

Also, the current character could work with either a serious or for the lulz campaign.

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-15, 06:15 PM

I didn't have time to read all 18 pages of this but..
Are you crazy folks doing what I think you're doing?
I suspect we are.

Collin152
2008-03-15, 06:25 PM
Blah. For some reason actually reading the book has been murderlating my enthusiasm for the game. If this keeps up, I'll just gracefully drop, okies?

Likewise, my real-life-roleplaying (ie, human interaction) has been killing my enthusiasm just as much. Might not be able to muster the determination to run this.
Sides, seems we got plenty of stand ins. I think I'll just watch.
Maybe once my... complications clear up, I'll join back up.

EagleWiz
2008-03-15, 07:43 PM
So, before I make my charactor are there any feats/skills i should know about?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 08:26 PM
No, as far as I know.

Scribe, Leadership is fine, though the benefits may be swiftly taken away if it is used abusively.

EagleWiz
2008-03-15, 09:09 PM
Ill get to work making it then.
How much gold, How much XP exactly and how much backstory

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 09:28 PM
Normal, normal, and as much as possible, in that order.

Rutee
2008-03-15, 09:37 PM
Alright, I'm dorpping. I don't know why but this doesn't seem amusing or fun after reading the book, and I have no idea why. Prolly just the dooming realization that doing more then making jokes among strangers throws up huge internal warning flags.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-15, 09:44 PM
If you think so. The focus is more going to be about the interaction with the setting for the serious game (Think Planescape: Torment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planescape_Torment), though the wordiness would depend on the players), and the goofiness for the gofy game (Think Hurricane of puns, cheesy accents, and surreal humor that puts Monthy Python to shame).

Glyphic
2008-03-15, 10:29 PM
Hey, AK!

I was making my character and had a few questions.

First off, I decided to make an Archivist from Heroes of Horror, if that is alright with you. I don't want to be all cheesy and stock up on Paladin and ranger spells and what not, but to continue my attempt at the them "The dead and the Tentacled", I was wondering if there's a divine method of grabbing (heh) a few of the tentacle spells afore-mentioned?

My race of Carrion crawler (anthro). My movement speed is 20ft, and I'm a medium creature. Does wearing heavy armor decrease that further, or do I have some sort of dwarf like-awesomeness?

Am I a humanoid or Abba-rition?

I'm taking the LA +1 version you described with 3 'active' (I'm still going to have 8, damnit. just 3 attacks.) When I buy off my LA, is it at the first available opportunity, or has it just happened? (I.e, do I have 15,000 exp, or 18000?) Do I use the Wealth by level for a 6th level Character, or 7th, since with the exp doc I'm level 6?

May I use section of Libris Mortis? It's.. not my favorite book, but it seems applicable. Mostly interested in the summon undead spells and the corpse crafter feats. -Maybe- having some sort of Undead companion. I was also thinking of Summoning Elementals and just calling them undead too. (but I understand how very silly a PC manipulating the dead can get; your call :smallsmile: )

Is there anything we should/could know about the world, so it's easier to place ourselves in?

Collin152
2008-03-15, 10:31 PM
Am I a humanoid or Abba-rition?

Don't know about you, but I know I'm an ABBA-ration.
Mind you, the first B should be backwards.

Frosty
2008-03-16, 12:30 AM
I think I'll sit out for now as well. I'm involved in way too many things as it is right now, and now that I've putting ranks in Profession (Amateur anime singing), I have even less time than before! (check out my sig for one song I've dubbed)

Solo
2008-03-16, 02:31 AM
Ill get to work making it then.
How much gold, How much XP exactly and how much backstory

This much:

Taverns.

Why is it always a tavern?

Are they somehow located on a nexus of cosmic power? Does the hand of Fate give them special favor? Or does a watering hole which reeks of beer, wenches, and testosterone exude an influence over the place it is located, causing exceptional individuals, important events, and adventuring parties to congregate there?

I suppose, if you live in some backwater village, a tavern is the only lodging for travelers, and doubles as a place for social gatherings, but then that raises more questions, such as how dirt poor farmers manage to support the presence of a tavern, completely with beds, food, beverages, and serving girls.

Perhaps I am being too pedantic about this, but it has always fascinated and puzzled me how taverns are the foci of practically all important events, anywhere you go, city to city, plane to plane.

The first mortal I ever seduced was a girl I picked up at a tavern; a nice, cheerful thing named Sally, who was somewhat more… experienced than I was, I reluctantly admit, but my, shall we say, natural talents made up for any inexperience on my part, or so I would like to think.

Of course, as I soon learned, not only do you seduce humans at taverns, but you also run into Good aligned adventuring parties at taverns, who are the most unpleasant means of coitus interruptus you will ever come across.

After a few failed bargaining attempts, and finding my self cornered and out numbered, I was eventually overpowered and the party’s leader, some paladin – wannabe, decided it would be a good idea to “reform” me by putting a Helm of Opposed Alignment on my head.

Afterwards, I was ecstatic at finally being freed from my evil ways, so I promptly offered to sleep with the party as a reward.

Apparently, I was very new to the whole concepts of “Lawful” and “Good”.

Oddly enough, the paladin-wannabe did take me up on the offer, his justification being that “after saving me, he deserved me as a reward for his efforts”.

I shall not go into details, but he woke up to find himself handing out of the tavern’s third story window, naked, with lewd comments scrawled over his body in permanent ink.

Like I said, I am new to the concepts of “Lawful” and “Good”.

And so, confused and unsure about my identity, I changed my appearance and hitched a ride on a merchant caravan in exchange for a few ‘favors’.

For some odd reason, even though I had no reason to do so, I found myself drawn to the tavern the stopped at for food, bought myself a beer, and began to ponder over where to take my life now.

And so, here I am, a Lawful Good Chaotic Evil demon, sitting here downing drinks, glad that I am too young to have an immunity to poising, for the alcohol makes my problems and the guys hitting on me at the bar seem so much less…. troublesome.

EagleWiz
2008-03-16, 12:11 PM
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1528971/

So 52 hp. :smallcool:

And for stats:

12 STR
16 DEX
16 CON
16 INT
8 WIS
21 CHR (18+ 1 for 4th lvl + 2 for cloak of +2 Chr)
16 ATT

All thats left is the backstory

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-16, 02:24 PM
This much:

Taverns.

Why is it always a tavern?

Are they somehow located on a nexus of cosmic power? Does the hand of Fate give them special favor? Or does a watering hole which reeks of beer, wenches, and testosterone exude an influence over the place it is located, causing exceptional individuals, important events, and adventuring parties to congregate there?

I suppose, if you live in some backwater village, a tavern is the only lodging for travelers, and doubles as a place for social gatherings, but then that raises more questions, such as how dirt poor farmers manage to support the presence of a tavern, completely with beds, food, beverages, and serving girls.

Perhaps I am being too pedantic about this, but it has always fascinated and puzzled me how taverns are the foci of practically all important events, anywhere you go, city to city, plane to plane.

The first mortal I ever seduced was a girl I picked up at a tavern; a nice, cheerful thing named Sally, who was somewhat more… experienced than I was, I reluctantly admit, but my, shall we say, natural talents made up for any inexperience on my part, or so I would like to think.

Of course, as I soon learned, not only do you seduce humans at taverns, but you also run into Good aligned adventuring parties at taverns, who are the most unpleasant means of coitus interruptus you will ever come across.

After a few failed bargaining attempts, and finding my self cornered and out numbered, I was eventually overpowered and the party’s leader, some paladin – wannabe, decided it would be a good idea to “reform” me by putting a Helm of Opposed Alignment on my head.

Afterwards, I was ecstatic at finally being freed from my evil ways, so I promptly offered to sleep with the party as a reward.

Apparently, I was very new to the whole concepts of “Lawful” and “Good”.

Oddly enough, the paladin-wannabe did take me up on the offer, his justification being that “after saving me, he deserved me as a reward for his efforts”.

I shall not go into details, but he woke up to find himself handing out of the tavern’s third story window, naked, with lewd comments scrawled over his body in permanent ink.

Like I said, I am new to the concepts of “Lawful” and “Good”.

And so, confused and unsure about my identity, I changed my appearance and hitched a ride on a merchant caravan in exchange for a few ‘favors’.

For some odd reason, even though I had no reason to do so, I found myself drawn to the tavern the stopped at for food, bought myself a beer, and began to ponder over where to take my life now.

And so, here I am, a Lawful Good Chaotic Evil demon, sitting here downing drinks, glad that I am too young to have an immunity to poising, for the alcohol makes my problems and the guys hitting on me at the bar seem so much less…. troublesome.
That is pretty awesome.

And here I thought I was so original, having my guy be a Chaotic Evil marauder who was forcibly reformed into Lawful Good.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-16, 06:22 PM
Okay... I want to join, but first, I have one question.

What's the party so far? I wanna know any gaps that need plugging. (Hur hur hur.)

Glyphic
2008-03-16, 06:51 PM
I'll be playing a tentacled Archivist with a hodge-podge of spells. Including a nice druid spell, "Evard's Menacing tentacles" :smallbiggrin:

The character sheet is mostly done. just need to pick 2 feats, spend 10k, and make final spell selections.

http://www.shonuffstudios.com/gothmoor/profiler/view.php?id=227

But the -real- work is going to be writing up the back story :P

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-16, 06:57 PM
Well, you can take your time.

And lumber, don't worry about roles. Just make a character you'd like to play, and I'll worry about making a suitable challenge.

Talya
2008-03-16, 07:45 PM
Here's a few spells you may wish to add.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4067546#post4067546

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-16, 07:48 PM
Hmm...that's a dead link, and it says Edit. Could you possibly have sent me to an edit instead of the thread?

Talya
2008-03-16, 07:50 PM
Oops. fixed it.

Rutee
2008-03-16, 07:51 PM
Alright, as nifty as the game looks, my enthusiasm is gone. I'm sorry about that, but I hope everyone has fun!

Solo
2008-03-16, 09:19 PM
Alright, as nifty as the game looks, my enthusiasm is gone.

That's what.... she said?

Collin152
2008-03-16, 09:23 PM
That's what.... she said?

Course, I said it too.
So, that's what we said.

Scintillatus
2008-03-16, 09:52 PM
It's a shame that some of the more entertaining people are vanishing.

Collin152
2008-03-16, 09:54 PM
It's a shame that some of the more entertaining people are vanishing.

Yeah, Rutee was a real contributer.

Scintillatus
2008-03-16, 09:58 PM
Man, I mean you too. I wanted to join because of the light-hearted mockery of a thoroughly (but unintentionally) goofy book. :smalltongue:

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-17, 05:50 AM
Hmm... Well, I was gonna cook up an evil Imagist homebrew, but then I noticed that quite a few members of the team were Good-aligned. So, yeah, methinks I'll start with a backstory, and hear out all of your suggestions on possible character classes. But before I can, was it decided whether this would be a serious or lulz campaign? (I fully support lulz, by the way.)

Glyphic
2008-03-17, 06:55 AM
Well, I wasn't feeling particularly silly tonight, so.. here's an unrefined backstory. I may scrap it and change it completely when I feel sillier. Or not.

Backstory
"For Skin, you see" rasped the cowled troglodyte, "is quite easily removed. As we strip it away, life breathes anew, flush as blood eagerly rises to the surface. Watch as his eyes dilate, his breathing becomes uneven and quick. Every moment is precious, ripe with wild struggle. Humans know no truer passion than this moment. Some times the reserve of will last for days, shaking our clamps with their defiance. Others expire immediately. Finished. The rarest of sorts, find the pain exquisite...”

The man laying on the stone table let out a sharp howl, and afterward his last breath. The cowled troglodyte paused with his Kevorkian instruments. Dissatisfaction rang in his voice, "So quickly does the shell yield, giving no.." He paused to choose the word "pleasure."

The room was small, chilly, and cluttered with racks of rusted scalpels, daggers, and other implements used for imprecise torturing. Dark, maroon blotches adorned the walls. Wither curled around a stool in the corner, poised with quill over a soggy tome, containing logs of prior specimens. Most of the specimens were aimless wanderers who sought to seek shelter in the crestfallen church that the cowled troglodyte 'shared' with Wither and other denizens of the catacombs below it. The occasional, semi-professional, group of adventurers came to cleanse it. The man on the table was paid handsomely to hold a torch for the most recently disposed group. His assumed pay rate, was recorded in the soggy tome; twenty three silver.

"Take this husk away from my sight, Wither. Do drag him over the carpets; they could use a fresh batch of blood." mumbled the cowled troglodyte his hand whisking the air.

The under halls of the catacombs welcomed Wither with an unearthly yawn as he deposited the torch-bearer's corpse with minimal fanfare, and some reverence, beside his employers. Perhaps in a few weeks he could make a mosaic of their bones.

Wither made his way to his lair; a crumbling room tucked away inside of a chimney shaft. Here, away from the fiendish inhabitants of the under halls, was Wither's sanctuary. The low-ceilinged hideaway held innumerable artifacts of those tormented above; talismans, tucked away lockets, tiny books and holy symbols. A shield depicting Saint Cuthbert's seal hung from the north wall, the most prominent of a hundred religious artifacts scattered about the tiny room. Flowing hymns, praises and rituals found a strange unlife in Wither's grasp, each holding some aspect of human life.

Wither's tentacles awkwardly unfolded a scrap of parchment the torch-bearer had hidden close to his breast. As immersing as every other fragment of human life Wither collected, he felt saddened after reading each promise the dead made and broken with his untimely death, but more so Wither felt he had gleaned nothing new from the scribbled script.

Weeks later, Wither decided to satiate his own curiosity for all things human when a band of adventurers put an end to the cowled troglodyte's life. Lacking a steady influx of food and a desire to hunt, Wither chose an assortment of all he owned, and set out.

Reasons for being with the party:
1) Curiosity. Adventurers lead the most interesting lives, opportunity for new knowledge
2) Earnest attempt at friendship
3) Protection/usefulness; Hey, you're a freak too!

Character linky
http://www.shonuffstudios.com/gothmo...iew.php?id=227

And uh.. Mr. Man playing an imagist; Expect me very well to pester you to take scribe scroll so I can steal all your diviney-mage spells :smallbiggrin:
(well, not really, but the idea still amuses me)

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-18, 08:41 AM
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1530865/ 6 extra stat points.

Still trying to decide between Imagist, Swordsage, and Paladin of Freedom. Speaking of, anyone know of any good PoF (Or just Paladin, I can make changes) PrCs?

EDIT: Gack... Urban Druid? Argh, too many options. Character creation is always the hardest part...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-18, 08:43 AM
Not any I know of. Normal paladin PrC's should do, though.

Also, the backstory is pretty nice. I okay it.

Bayar
2008-03-18, 03:02 PM
damn. You cant take this book seriously. But there are some interesting and usefull spells here...

Druid: Engorged gait. Slow your opponent by 1/2 of his speed? Now how could that be useless? Level 1 spell that counters expedition retreat.

Sorcerer (and only him): Kiss of life. Level 6 and ressurects recently dead things.

Sorc/wiz: Miss. -10 on opponent next attack roll. good for escaping tight situations, but not extraordinary... Level 1

Reverse gender: good for laughs.

Ok. Now back to laughing.

TheThan
2008-03-18, 06:16 PM
ok here's my character, I took some flaws from that link solo posted, if you won't allow them, just let me know, I'll drop them and the feats i took with them.

Tur Greatblade (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=10211)

EagleWiz
2008-03-18, 07:07 PM
Is the Complete Arcane OGL and if so what exactly is the feat in it that suposedly says something like "If you can cast spells in light armor with no penalty you can now cast them in medum as well". Or is that just a warmage thing.

TheThan
2008-03-18, 07:09 PM
Is the Complete Arcane OGL and if so what exactly is the feat in it that suposedly says something like "If you can cast spells in light armor with no penalty you can now cast them in medum as well". Or is that just a warmage thing.

I think you're looking for battlecaster.

it does exactly what your asking about.

Zincorium
2008-03-18, 07:24 PM

No, complete arcane is not part of the open game license, so printing parts of it for consumption is inadvisable but discussing it (within reasonable limits) is fine.

The feat's name is battlecaster, the name of the ability varies from source to source and occasionally isn't an ability but just a part of casting.

Battle Caster ups the category of an existing 'ignorance of arcane spell failure' by one class of armor. Not real complicated. If you were a high level duskblade, for instance, and able to ignore the spell failure of medium armor, battle caster would let you wear even heavy plate without any failure chance. Not a bad feat if you've got the ability already.

EagleWiz
2008-03-18, 07:38 PM
And does it stack?

Edit: And heres my charactor
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=45879

FlyMolo
2008-03-18, 07:42 PM
And does it stack?

With what? Mithril, githcraft, twilight, etc? I think so. Not helpful, except for mithril. The others reduce ASF but leave it as heavy/whatever, am I right?

Scintillatus
2008-03-18, 07:43 PM
Hmm. I'm having trouble with this backstory, and TheThan's covered the meatshield role pretty neatly. I wonder; silly Halfling Bard a better idea?

Thoughts?

EagleWiz
2008-03-18, 07:47 PM
What i ment to say is does it stack with itself.

TheThan
2008-03-18, 08:02 PM
Hmm. I'm having trouble with this backstory, and TheThan's covered the meatshield role pretty neatly. I wonder; silly Halfling Bard a better idea?

Thoughts?

I was looking to take up the roll of striker, though if you need your meat shielded I guess I'm your orc.

Eldritch_Ent
2008-03-18, 10:41 PM
True gameplay excerpt from when BoEF content is thrown in-

*Party finds a wand of Pleasurable Vibration*
Female NPC- "What's that?"
Female Caster PC- "I'll show you later."
Male PC- "Can I watch?

This is why it's so difficult to include, as it's just too ripe for the picking...

Scintillatus
2008-03-18, 10:51 PM
I think the problem is that I have too many good ideas and no setting details to put them into. Warforged Pleasure Construct; Vicious Thrill-Hunting Changeling; Swashbuckling Catfolk; Outright perverted Halfling rock-star.

And more little half-formed things.

Can I get a definite regarding silly or serious? On the setting? On the expected alignment, or expected party makeup, or the most needed role?

Otherwise I'm really just making stuff up without a goal.

Glyphic
2008-03-19, 12:08 AM
dyslexicfaser: Reluctantly Celibate Knight, Vorg Adalbrecht. (+backstory)
http://www.shonuffstudios.com/gothmoor/profiler/view.php?id=226

TheThan: Tur Greatblade (orcish dancer. Doesn't need a backstory)
http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=10211

Solo: Completed backstory for a changling/succubus?

Eaglewiz: Karim Tarnef, Dread necromancer.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=45879

Glyphic: "The dead and the tentacled" Wither.
http://www.shonuffstudios.com/gothmoor/profiler/view.php?id=227

Scintillatus: Undecided.

Lumberofdabreast: Undecided, but perky.

It seems we're playing for the lulz, too. Don't forget that you can take one of these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-57241.html) for every five levels. I've got dibs on the goggles.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 07:25 AM
Actually, we're pretty undecided on the seriousness, though I'm going to craft a silly game unless you guys decide you want to play it serious.

As for the setting, don't even worry about it, I'm going to create a generic new one for this game.

And party roles and alignments? Anything goes. No roles are needed, since as a DM I'm expected to work out encounters where you can contribute, regardless of what you choose to create (Except for a pathetic character or a munchkined planar shepherd). After all, what kind of DM would I be if I forced you into a role and alignment just because I'm too sucky to create creative encounters?

Note however, that this campaign is not going to be combat based (At least...not the classic combat). Building a character with that purpose would be a grave mistake.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-19, 07:28 AM
...Well, now I have to play a female Imagist. Thanks a lot, Glyphic. And I was actually gonna try to run a male character for once...

Yes, I keed, I keed... Still, I'm an Imagist. Was gonna go with urban druid, until I noted that Druids got next to nothing in Cityscape apart from the web supplement.

Stabby
2008-03-19, 08:43 AM
Half Nymph Human Rockstar/Bard

"I am a golden god!" (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=45715)

Working on a backstory still. It involves carousing, loose moral, dyrads, music, and lots of 80's power ballads.

Should have the story done by this evening.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 09:35 AM
Do not do anything with Sweet Child O' Mine. Anything else goes, though.

TheThan
2008-03-19, 12:34 PM
Scintillatus –

Well there’s still a lot of ground that hasn’t been covered.
Like the classic slutty princess. (elf aristocrat maybe?)

Or the druid that’s into animals (if you catch my drift). Or you could take the shapeshift alternate class feature in PHBII and have an animorphic sexy beast…

There’s the androgynous elf wizard (lots of fun with change gender… keep ‘em guessing. Or you could also take change shape, and do it with anything…)

I think the succubus rogue is still open.

Or a vampire seductress (its classic)

There’s the cleric of Aphrodite or Dionysus (or some other god/goddess of love or merriment).

How about a psionic character with heavy use of empathy and attraction, not to mention ego whip sounds erotic…

Ohh how about a Shinomen naga (from oriental adventures), half snake people can be very sexy (and much cooler than Yuan Ti)…

That’s just a few I thought up this morning… I’m a bad person.

Anyway, I’m thinking of making a secondary backup character, based off of another awesome orc pic (http://images.elfwood.com/art/a/n/andersson/orc_wench.jpg).

I dunno why, but I’ve got this hang up with orcs lately. I think they deserve some attention (and not the kind adventurers give them). However I don’t quite know what sort of classes to take. Expert comes to mind. But I’m not sure if that’s the route I want take the character. I'm thinking expert/rake and be pure diplomacy. Though i love the idea of RPing a barmaid.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 04:01 PM
If you do that, I'm making a barmaid class that gets special abilities, and a special orc that takes the CHA hit, but not the APP hit, or heck, maybe not even CHA.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-19, 06:50 PM
What's wrong with Sweet Child O' Mine? ;_;

TheThan
2008-03-19, 06:51 PM
I’ve got some homebrewed stats for orcs somewhere… let me dig them out.

Hows this:

+4 str –2 int, –2wis, orcs are strong but tend to be a little weak willed, and do not easily grasp the higher forms of learning.
Medium sized, as medium sized creatures they receive no special bonuses based on their size
Base land speed 30 ft
Low light vision
Fast healing 2
+2 bonus on climb and swim checks. Orcs are natural athletes
Racial weapon proficiency in the hand axe and battle axe.
Automatic Languages: Common, Orc. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin
Favored class: barbarian

I’ll stick with the expert for the class, no need to go homebrew a whole class on my part. Unless of course, you really want to.

Anyway I’ll do it but there are a few other things I’d love to have.

A bodice that functions like leather armor (studded to be precise), and capable of being enchanted.

Magical tattoos, I’m thinking something like the psionic tattoos in the expanded psionics handbook. I figured they could be keyed off of UMD. They’d still be restricted to 3rd or lower spells (probably arcane for balance). I’d be happy with three, though up to six would be cool.

Oh and do orcs get an appearance penalty. I didn’t find anything in the BOEF about it. (Don’t think they should get anything they’re nerfed enough as it is).

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 07:06 PM
What's wrong with Sweet Child O' Mine? ;_;

My favorite power ballad and all purpose love song shall not be tarnished. Playing it seriously is okay, but tarnishing that means being pitted off against incantatrixes and a blastificer/buffificer team.

Than, No fast healing 'cause it's borkened, everything else is fine.

Also, you sure you don't want a class that has "Busty wench" and "Total/royal knockout" as class abilities?

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-19, 07:08 PM
Does the Aasimar racial bonus to Charisma get moved to Appearance? It would make sense as either, or maybe even both...

TheThan
2008-03-19, 07:11 PM
All right I’ll loose the fast healing.
If you can come up with something cool that’ll be awesome.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-19, 07:11 PM
Dammit, now you guys have me tempted. I even checked out the book today.

Fine. You seem arcanist-heavy, but how about a warlock? Either that or a sorceress. I'm tempted to take a dual-personality approach, with her having little control/access to her powers normally, but fairly powerful when her "other half" comes out.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 07:41 PM
If you can do the RP, how about something like a dual personality? You can advance both as if you were a gestalt, but each time you post, roll 1d2. A 1 means you get the sorcerer, a 2 means it's warlock time.

Also, lumber, that seems fine. +2 to APP would be OK.

Than, here's the level 2 ability:

Busty Wench: The Tavern Wench/Waitress' APP is upped by 2. Additionally, on an enemy's first turn in combat, said foe must roll a Will save against DC (10+1/4th Tavern Wench class levels, rounding up+APP bonus) or be rendered helpless and unable to defend him or herself for 1d3 rounds. This ability is mind affecting, and may not work against immune enemies, or foes with an INT of 3 or lower.

Level 8 ability, fully and gigantically tongue in cheek:

We Need a Distraction/Show Some Leg: Once per encounter, the Tavern Wench may attempt to draw the attention of a foe towards herself. The foe must succeed on a Will save against DC (10+1/3 of the Tavern Wench's class level, rounding up+APP bonus+1) or be forced to approach the Tavern Wench with lusty intentions/the intent to abduct or harm the wench. Once the foe manages to reach the Tavern Wench, the effect of this ability ends. This ability only affects creatures of INT 2 or higher.

Level 15 ability:

Total Knockout: Once per day, the Tavern Wench can suggestively and seductively (Though not outright) display some of her more prominent attributes. The target of this ability must make a save against DC (10+1/2 class levels, rounding up+APP bonus+2) or be rendered unconscious. Creatures with an INT of 1 or no INT score are unaffected. At level 18, this ability can be used three times per day, and every three levels thereafter, the Tavern Wench gains an extra use of this ability.

Glyphic
2008-03-19, 07:47 PM
Dammit, now you guys have me tempted. I even checked out TheThan today.

Fine. You seem arcanist-heavy, but how about a warlock? Either that or a sorceress. I'm tempted to take a dual-personality approach, with her having little control/access to her powers normally, but fairly powerful when her "other half" comes out of the closet.

It's not my authority, but I do say the more the merrier. I was considering switching to a Wizard or something silly. I like the Archivist, but it looks like someone is going to do a better job of being undead themed. Not that having two undead lovers is problem..

Also; AK you never game me an answer. Am I considered a "humanoid" or an Aberration; I assumed humanoid, but darkvision is kinda neat to have.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 07:48 PM
Monstrous humanoid, I said. Perhaps you missed it?

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-19, 07:55 PM
Little bit of clarification: Is that +2Wis +2App, or +2Wis +2Cha +2App? EDIT: And am I the only one that thinks the last few levels of the Imagist's spells per day are a little messed up?

Glyphic
2008-03-19, 07:58 PM
Still means I have dark vision :smallsmile:

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-19, 07:59 PM
If you can do the RP, how about something like a dual personality? You can advance both as if you were a gestalt, but each time you post, roll 1d2. A 1 means you get the sorcerer, a 2 means it's warlock time.I was thinking more of taking those 2 feats that give me defenses as long as I don't attack, toss out a couple of buffs/debuffs, then when someone attacks me (whether they hit or not) vaporize them with a blast of unholy power the likes of which the world has never seen before.

Also, how does this board handle sex IC, and where does everyone's "squick factor" lie?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 08:07 PM
+2 WIS, APP, and CHA.

Sstoopid, that's okay.

As for how the board handles IC sex, dunno. Same with the squick factor of the others, though as for me, I can respond: Ultra high. Good thing I can desensitize myself from my characters as an actor. That means I can actually orchestrate this with a straight face. Basically, if YOU are game, I follow suit.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-19, 08:10 PM
Dunno about the board as a whole, but I am merrily willing to push envelopes and boundaries and whatnot, and my squick threshold, while not Slaanesh-level, is well above average.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-19, 08:11 PM
Roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1532579/). 5, so not bad.

What level are we starting at?

Glyphic
2008-03-19, 08:12 PM
I'll be sure to let you all know if I get uncomfortable. I think I'm good for the potential scope of the game, but let us stay sway from "non-fun" things like rape. It's a game after all... Kudos on asking a good question.

These boards should be mostly okay as long as we throw up warnings, spoiler things and don't go too wild, but I think it'd be best to ask a Mod.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 08:17 PM
Methinks we'll be okay. I guess the worst thing that could happen is being moved to the Silly Message Board Games. I'll put up a notice saying "Adult only" anyway.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-19, 08:31 PM
Hmm... Perhaps it might be for the best if we took this to www.rpol.net ?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 08:36 PM
You think so? I believe we can do it here.

Glyphic
2008-03-19, 08:57 PM
I'd much rather stay here. we've got a few people who wanted to watch, and I believe it'd be rude to disappoint them.

Also, I don't want to migrate forums. BoEFitp!

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 09:05 PM
Glyphic sums it up.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-19, 09:11 PM
All right... Is Magic of Incarnum acceptable? I have a few ideas for my Imagist's cohort...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 09:26 PM
Sure. Also, Soulborns get the Totemists's soulmelds too.

TheThan
2008-03-19, 09:28 PM
Buahaha, that’s great.

I think you need to change all those save dcs to DC=10+ ½ class level + app modifier. Everything should come out to about the same, and it’s a little easier math (since its all the same formula).

I think it would be cool to get a monk like bonus to AC for that class, maybe based off of my appearance? Or maybe I’ll just buy a magic bodice; either is cool with me.
Hmmrm how about an ability that functions like charm person? I can’t wait to see the rest of the class.

When things get uncomfortable I’ll let everyone know. I don’t really want to switch forums either… though if we have to its ok.

Do we want to do this in SMG or normal in character thread? It doesn’t matter to me.

On and here’s the stat roll for the barmaid character:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1532524/

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 09:41 PM
I'll post the Barmaid class tomorrow. I think you'll like it. BTW, the reason I used different scalings for the skills is simple. With 1/2 scaling, the lower level skills become obscenely powerful, which is not something I want. They are to be good, not broken.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-19, 10:28 PM
Are you allowing LA Buyback?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 10:29 PM
Yes I am. Why?

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-19, 10:31 PM
Because the Aasimar is LA +1.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-19, 10:36 PM
You can take lesser Aasimar if you want.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-20, 12:12 AM
http://www.digitalelysium.com/profiler/view.php?id=1268

I'll finish her and take care of the cohort tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions about other spells/feats.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 09:48 AM
First thing I'd do would be list yer possessions, methinks.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 01:58 PM
Lo and behold, here is the mighty Tavern Wench PC class! Tremble before it's power!

The Tavern Wench:

Alignment: Any.
Requirements: Must be female, must advance Profession (Tavern Wench/Barmaid) every level.
Key Stats: Appearance, Charisma.
Hit dice: d8.

Class Skills:
A Tavern Wench's class abilities (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Local, Nobility & Royalty, Geography, History) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language (None), Spot (Wis).

Skill points at 1st level: (6 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
6 + Int modifier.

Tavern Wench
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Unarmed strike, Wouldn't Hit a Girl

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Busty Wench

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Healthy Gal

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Evasion

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Tavern Gossip, Perfect Balance

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Dirty Strike

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|Inspiring Beauty

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+6|We Need a Distraction/Show Some Leg

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+6|

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+7|Speedy Stride

11th|
+8|
+3|
+7|
+7|

12th|
+9|
+4|
+8|
+8|Second Wind Kiss

13th|
+9|
+4|
+8|
+8|

14th|
+10|
+4|
+9|
+9|

15th|
+11|
+5|
+9|
+9|Total Knockout

16th|
+12|
+5|
+10|
+10|

17th|
+12|
+5|
+10|
+10|

18th|
+13|
+6|
+11|
+11|Unreachable Lady

19th|
+14|
+6|
+11|
+11|

20th|
+15|
+6|
+12|
+12|Unearthly Beauty[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Tavern Wench.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A Tavern Wench is proficient with all simple weapons, but not with any type of armor or shield.

Unarmed Strike (Ex)

At 1st level, a Tavern Wench gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. A Tavern Wench’s attacks may be with either fist interchangeably or even from elbows, knees, and feet. This means that a Tavern Wench may even make unarmed strikes with her hands full. There is no such thing as an off-hand attack for a Tavern Wench striking unarmed. A Tavern Wench may thus apply her full Strength bonus on damage rolls for all her unarmed strikes.

Usually a Tavern Wench’s unarmed strikes deal lethal damage, but she can choose to deal nonlethal damage instead with no penalty on her attack roll. She has the same choice to deal lethal or nonlethal damage while grappling.

A Tavern Wench’s unarmed strike is treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons.

A Tavern Wench also deals more damage with her unarmed strikes than a normal person would, using the Superior Unarmed Strike table for determining the damage she does every level. Monk and Unarmed Swordsage levels stack with Tavern Wench levels for the purpose of determining the damage the Tavern Wench's unarmed attacks do, using whatever progression would yield higher damage.

A Tavern Wench may enchant her body as it were a magic weapon for the purpose of enhancing her attack capabilities. The Tavern Wench's body may not be granted sapience, thus, it cannot become an intelligent weapon.

Wouldn't Hit a Girl (Ex)

When unarmored and unencumbered, the Tavern Wench adds her Appearance bonus (if any) to her AC. In addition, a Tavern Wench gains a +1 bonus to AC at 5th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every five Tavern Wench levels thereafter (+2 at 10th, +3 at 15th, and +4 at 20th level).

These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the Tavern Wench is flat-footed. She loses these bonuses when she is immobilized or helpless, when she wears any armor, when she carries a shield, or when she carries a medium or heavy load.

Busty Wench (Ex)

The Tavern Wench's APP is upped by 2. Additionally, on an enemy's first turn in combat, said foe must roll a Will save against DC (10+1/4th Tavern Wench class levels, rounding up+APP bonus) or be rendered helpless and unable to defend him or herself for 1d3 rounds. This ability is mind affecting, and will not work against immune enemies, or foes with an INT of 3 or lower.

Healthy Gal (Ex)

At 3rd level, a Tavern Wench gains immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Evasion (Ex)
At 4th level or higher if a Tavern Wench makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a Tavern Wench is not wearing armor. A helpless Tavern Wench does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Perfect Balance (Ex)

The Tavern Wench has a perfect sense of balance. The Tavern Wench may take 10 on balance cheks, even if stress and distractions would normally prevent her from doing so. Additionally, a Tavern Wench with less than 5 ranks in balance is no longer considered Flat-footed when balancing.

Tavern Gossip

A Tavern Wench may make a special Tavern Wench check with a bonus equal to her Tavern Wench level + her Intelligence modifier to see whether she knows some relevant information about local notable people, legendary items, or noteworthy places. (If the Tavern Wench has 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (history), she gains a +2 bonus on this check.)

A successful tavern gossip check will not reveal the powers of a magic item but may give a hint as to its general function. A bard may not take 10 or take 20 on this check; this sort of knowledge is essentially random.

The DC for this check is the same as that of the Bardic Knowledge ability.

Dirty Strike (Ex)

Once per encounter, the Tavern Wench may spend a full round action studying one of her opponents to deliver a devastating strike in a particularly sensitive or weak spot. The attack's damage is rolled thrice, as if a critical hit with a weapon of 3X modifier had been struck. Against creatures immune to Sneak Attacks and Critical hits, the attack's damage is only rolled twice, as if a critical hit with a weapon of 2X modifier had been struck. At level 10 and every 5 subsequent levels thereafter, the Tavern Wench gains an additional use of this ability per encounter. This ability may be combined with a full attack

Inspiring Beauty (Ex)

Once per encounter, the Tavern Wench may use her beauty as an incentive to give her allies a morale boost. As a move action, she may assume a particularly stunning pose, inciting her allies to fight stronger to defend her. All allies within 60' of the tavern wench gain a +2 morale bonus on Saves and attack rolls, a +6 morale bonus in damage, and 15 temporary HP. This bonuses last for an amount of rounds equal to the Tavern Wench's class level.

We Need a Distraction/Show Some Leg (Ex)

Once per encounter, the Tavern Wench may attempt to draw the attention of a foe towards herself. The foe must succeed on a Will save against DC (10+1/3 of the Tavern Wench's class level, rounding up+APP bonus+1) or be forced to approach the Tavern Wench with lusty intentions/the intent to abduct or harm the wench. Once the foe manages to reach the Tavern Wench, the effect of this ability ends. This ability only affects creatures of INT 2 or higher.

Speedy Stride (Ex)

Once per day, as a move action, a Tavern Wench may move up to twice her move. The Tavern Wench gains an extra use of this ability every three levels thereafter, and may gain it's benefits as a swift action by spending two uses of the ability.

Second Wind Kiss (Sp)

A Tavern Wench with a Charisma score of 16 or higher may expend a standard action to kiss an adjacent ally and heal them. Each day she can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to her Tavern Wench level × her Charisma bonus. A Tavern Wench may choose to divide her healing among multiple recipients, and she doesn’t have to use it all at once.

Total Knockout (Ex)

Once per day, the Tavern Wench can suggestively and seductively (Though not outright) display some of her more prominent attributes as a standard action. The target of this ability must make a save against DC (10+1/2 class levels, rounding up+APP bonus+2) or be rendered unconscious. Creatures with an INT of 1 or no INT score are unaffected. At level 18, this ability can be used three times per day, and every three levels thereafter, the Tavern Wench gains an extra use of this ability.

Unreachable Lady (Sp)

Once per day, a Tavern Wench may enter a state of unreachability as a standard action. Until her next turn, the Tavern Wench may not be harmed in any way, not even by spells. She takes no damage and automatically succeeds her saving throws, negating any effect. She gains an immunity against mind affecting spells and effects, as well as immunity to any attack that would cause Instant Death

Unearthly Beauty (Ex)

The Tavern Wench has attained a state of beauty unheard of amongst almost all mortals. Once per encounter, she may expend a full round action to show the true extent of her beauty to an enemy. Said enemy must succeed on a Will save DC (10+1/2 the Tavern Wench's class level+Her APP bonus+4) or die. Immunity to Death effects prevents this, but an enemy who succeeds on his save or is immune to Death effects is still drained of two HD as if he had been hit by an Energy Drain spell. Immunity to Level Drain does not prevent this effect.

Solo
2008-03-20, 03:22 PM
A Tavern Wench with a Charisma score of 16 or higher may expend a standard action to kiss an adjacent ally and heal them. Each day she can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to her paladin level × her Charisma bonus. A Tavern Wench may choose to divide her healing among multiple recipients, and she doesn’t have to use it all at once.

Tavern Wench Paladin? Me likey.:smallbiggrin:

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-20, 03:24 PM
First thing I'd do would be list yer possessions, methinks.

Oh, yeah, suggestions for that would help, too. On the basis that I am terrible at this game.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 03:31 PM
I can recommend one item, on the basis of not templating your char: The Decanter of Endless water. So useful, and it can even be used for Wet Shirt scenes!

As for the rest, I think it's best if you ask the other players.

Also, Tavern Wench Paladin. A pretty version of BGII's Minsc, Buttkicking in the name of justice!

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-20, 03:39 PM
I can recommend one item, on the basis of not templating your char: The Decanter of Endless water. So useful, and it can even be used for Wet Shirt scenes!

Also, Tavern Wench Paladin. A pretty version of BGII's Minsc, Buttkicking in the name of justice!

Doesn't that go over the amount that may be spent on a single item for a character of seventh-level? (shutupshewasmadewithxpequivalenttoaseventhlevelch aracterandtheniboughtbackherla)

Solo
2008-03-20, 03:43 PM

The epitome of taverness and wenchyness.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 03:49 PM
Doesn't that go over the amount that may be spent on a single item for a character of seventh-level? (shutupshewasmadewithxpequivalenttoaseventhlevelch aracterandtheniboughtbackherla)

If you go over the WBL, you'll just get less loot later. I'm not particularly in love with those rules, preferring to simply banhammer particular choices.

Also, I can just imagine the paladin wench taking a bath. Truly, go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-20, 04:21 PM
Is the +2 to App from Enticing Armor enhancement or untyped?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 04:32 PM
Untyped, it seems.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-20, 04:38 PM
Fantastic. Now I just have to figure out how to wear the enticing leather armor and the bustier of beauty at the same time...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 04:40 PM
Enticing Chainmail Bikini and Bustier?

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-20, 04:51 PM
Nah, I was just joking.

Anyway, time to ask for, sadly, a couple exceptions.

1) Aasimar really shoulda been a template... Given that my character is Elfy, from an Elfy background, and Elfy in all ways except for her type line, can I give her WP: Longbow? The other racials I can live without, but none of the Imagist weapons really appeal to me... best would be a mace, actually, given the concept and backstory I'm putting together (she tends to be just a little on the zealous side at times), but that's a bit of a stretch.

2) Can I rework the Signature Effect idiosyncracy? I can't see why it should only apply to one spell per caster level, and I can't see why only arcane casters should be able to use it.

man, I wish I had the planning skills to ask all these all at once...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 04:55 PM
1) That seems okay. Not getting a longbow if you get shortbow is dumb, for example.

2) The max I'm gonna put is three spells every 2 levels. More would be too much awesome. You can use it with imagist casting, though.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-20, 06:10 PM
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1533397/ 4 more stat points for Dolrael of the Azure Eye!

EagleWiz
2008-03-20, 06:58 PM
So when are we going to start?

TheThan
2008-03-20, 07:11 PM
Ok everyone meet Kana "Juggs" Ironbreaker. ( http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=10325)

(One question: you didn’t put Perfect Balance on the table, so when do I get it?)

As much fun as it’d be to go with the dancer (was going to buy a 10 foot pole with my cash). I think this one will be just as fun as him. oh and i will right a background for her.

Solo
2008-03-20, 07:13 PM
As much fun as it’d be to go with the dancer (was going to buy a 10 foot pole with my cash). I think this one will be just as fun as him. oh and i will right a background for her.

I have your ten foot pole right here.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-20, 07:20 PM
http://www.digitalelysium.com/profiler/view.php?id=1273

Dolrael thus far. I'll finish him tomorrow... if I can figure out what to do with those remaining feats...

Scintillatus
2008-03-20, 08:33 PM
Do we get WBL for a 6th or 7th level character, if we've paid off LA+1?

Re-used my bonus stats roll, here's the new HP roll.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1533485/

And presenting; Dominic The Enigmatic, Beguiler, skill monkey, pretty face, and bisexual Tiefling seductor (For the cause of good, I assure you).

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=46472

Backstory's in the notes, everything except items and whatnot done - need to know the WBL before that, really. Got my eye on a few things, though.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 10:06 PM
Than, perfecty balance is up. You get it at level 5, unless my eyes are fooling me.

Scintillatus, you use the WBL of a level 7 character.

TheThan
2008-03-20, 11:13 PM
Than, perfecty balance is up. You get it at level 5, unless my eyes are fooling me.

Scintillatus, you use the WBL of a level 7 character.

Hmm seem to have missed that. maybe I’m the one whose eyes are deceiving.

Anyway I wrote out a backstory

Kana “juggs” Ironbreaker
female orc tavern wench

Kana Ironbreaker was born in the orc village of Duskcreek. She was destined to live the life of a concubine of some orc warlord (the typical destiny of pretty young orc females) unit a famine hit the area. The disaster was bad, and many orc families began to migrate to other places where the famine was not occurring.

This included the Ironbreaker family. They packed up and moved to the town of Goldtop. The humans of the area had a trade agreement with the orcs so there was little problem with orcs in general, save for the refugees. So Kana spent almost half her life in this new town, surrounded by humans, halfings, the occasional elf or dwarf and other orcs.

When Kana turned 14, her parents decided that they wished to move back to duskcreek, hearing rumors that things had returned to normal. Kana didn’t wish to go, and since 16 is adulthood for orcs, Kana decided to stay in Goldtop. Her parents wished her good luck and bid farewell.
So kana was left to her own devices. She soon found herself in the local tavern working as a waitress or a wench as most people call them. She didn’t mind at first, but the wages were meager and she barley scratched by.

Then one day she caught a peek of one of the other wenches making love with some adventurer who had come into town with riches untold. That’s how she learned about men, and how she could use her natural good looks to make ends meet. Armed with this new knowledge she set forth in confidence to seduce her own man. Unfortunately for her, orcs are much more aggressive than most other races (even in matters such as sex), and her first attempt at seduction went poorly, in fact it went so badly she scared her perspective lover off.

So she tried again, this time with much more success. Soon she was just another tavern wench working at the local inn, only she stood nearly two feet taller (and nearly a foot taller than most of the guests) than all the other girls at the place. Her physical stature combined with her natural orcish aggressiveness has caused her as much problems as it’s solved.

Since she’s so intimidating only the drunkest or bravest of tavern goers dare to cop a feel. Though occasionally a man that was masculine enough showed up and she got to have a good time. During her time at the goldtop tavern, she earned then nickname “juggs”.

Unfortunately her mostly happy life came to a tragic end one night when a particularly rowdy group of men started in on one of the other girls, she was new, young, and inexperienced and hadn’t learned how to handle men like this. Things quickly got out of hand when one of them ripped her dress off. That was it, Kana intervened, stopped them, and the girl ran off. But the men were not done, they had found someone knew to play with. They tried to attack her like they did with the other girl, but kana was ready. She responded with force, the force of an orcish fist thundering into a human skull. Soon she was in an all out brawl, she knocked two men out and threw their leader through a window. Soon the local guard was there to break it up, they dragged the guys away, and were going to throw her in the jail too, but the tavern owner stopped them, saying she was his bouncer.

Kana thought the situation was resolved, but what she didn’t learn until later, is that the leader of the men she beat up was the son of the local magistrate. The guy was powerful and he was threatening to have his revenge on Kana. Kana is not the sort to be intimidated, but still she took the advice of her friends (fearing for their safety more than her own) and hit the road, taking with her all her possessions (most were gifts from adventurers for showing them a good time).

Scintillatus
2008-03-20, 11:24 PM
Does my backstory get a pass? Workin' on that gear as we speak. =D

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-21, 05:00 AM
Presenting Linessa Silverspring...
"...Why is everyone staring at me?"
--Linessa Silverspring, App 23, Wis substantially less*

It was a fine spring morning, the day of Linessa's birth, and a shooting star had fallen overhead the previous night. An auspicious omen... if you weren't nine months pregnant and in the Silverspring family.

A few thousand years ago, a Silverspring woman and an angel fell in love, and made the beast with two backs (only one of them winged), with the obvious half-celestial result two years later. Ever since then, celestial blood has kicked up from time to time in Silverspring females, and thus, at least one comes around whenever there's even the slightest hint of fate within a twenty mile radius, poking its nose into things, demanding to see the newborn, and generally making a nuisance of itself.

Sure enough, an angel by the name of Koran showed up, and was quickly ushered into the mother's room, to get the visit out of the way as quickly as possible. The mother and infant were both asleep, but the angel was delighted to see the child had silver hair, rare in all but aasimar. Then he was carefully hurried out, before his joyous ramblings woke either up, and told to return in twenty years or so, when the child could actually learn something.

Twenty years later, Koran did return, to find young Linessa standing in a meadow, surrounded by various cute animals attracted to her presence. Contrary to popular belief, this is not typical for an elf, and Koran considered his intuition confirmed: the girl had active celestial blood in her. She began learning at that point; her family taught her about natural beauty, and Koran taught her about smiting the wicked. The elves taught her to respect all life, and Koran taught her to smite the wicked. The elves taught her that all aspects of life, including sexuality, were natural and right. Koran taught her that smiting the wicked was a good thing to do. The elves had her study a wide variety of books, including the Gnomish Kama Sutra. Koran had her study famous smitings throughout history. The elves taught her how to harness her natural divine magical talents to make the world a more beautiful place. Koran taught her how to harness her natural divine magical talents to smite the wicked. And, when she finally reached womanhood, she headed out into the world to make it all a better place. And to get away from the constant discussions about sex/smiting.

Linessa is beautiful beyond measure, but she also has a great deal of charm about her, making her doubly equipped to deal with people. She also engages in a fair bit of evil-smiting, though she does not believe that being evil is in and of itself an act worthy of smiting. She is usually cheerful and friendly, with a playful streak a mile wide that usually manifests itself in pranks that would make a gnome proud. She firmly believes that everyone has the freedom to choose, but she also believes that everyone has the obligation to accept the consequences of their choices, and she administers justice swiftly by means of her divine powers and her six foot six, two hundred forty pound bodyguard and close friend...

*Yes, I know 16 Wis is nothing to sneeze at. But it's not as funny that way.
Dolrael of the Azure Eye!
Dolrael was born to a half-elf couple, not too far from where Linessa Silverspring came into being, under a dazzling lightshow in the sky. (Unknown to most, this was caused by Koran returning home, (mostly) satisfied with a job well done.) Koran's passing weakened the veil between the worlds, just enough, and the infant was exposed to the Great Between for just a split second. He was born with strange eyes, blue where the whites should be. A quick search of the tomes of knowledge revealed the cause; he was Azurin. Though they had books on the subject, they had no other meldshapers, unfortunately.

Dolrael, therefore, was left mostly to learn on his own; though he had the occasional stumbling block, he did prove to be rather skilled at it in relatively short order, by elfy standards at least. He grew quickly, too; when Linessa passed through twenty-five years later, on her way to visit her home, he asked to accompany her, wanting to see more of the world. And more of her. She accepted, glad of the company, and the two have been companions ever since.

Though he has seen quite a bit of her, they haven't taken the next step, and in fact, they're both virgins; Dolrael because he is waiting to work up enough courage to make an advance towards the unbelievably attractive Linessa, and Linessa simply because she's never really thought about it much, despite her memorization of the Gnomish Kama Sutra. The two are, however, great friends, often getting rather intoxicated and singing bawdy songs together.

Oh, and one last note. Common wasn't Dolrael's first language; he has it mostly down, but still displays a tendancy to almost always get at least one word wrong. Linessa is used to it, and simply speaks to him in elvish when they are alone, or suggests what he probably meant when they are with others.

All right... just gotta finish Dolrael's story, and buy mundane items for the pair of them, and I should be finished.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-21, 09:15 AM
Naturally, all three backstories get a pass (And a few roffles). Additonally, little notes:

A) Than, you can forego the X of mighty fists and all that. As per the Unarmed strike ability I designed, you could enchant Kana's body at the normal enhancement cost. I'm jus' saying this to save you some gold. And yes, this is NOT innuendo.

B) Scintillatus, nice pic you got for Dominic. Where did you get it?

C) Lumber, for some reason, reading your backstory brought Warrant's Cherry pie to my mind. For some reason, it seems oddly fitting.

TheThan
2008-03-21, 11:10 AM
Oh yeah, I read something about that… sounds like I get some magic tattoos then (hey makes since to me).

Anyway I’ve got some quick questions about that. Can I enchant them after I already have? For example can I get +1 fists, and then later, upgrade them to +1 thundering fists for the cost of just the enhancement?

(I get a kick out of the idea of a thundering punch anyway).

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-21, 11:34 AM
Yes, indeed. Consider the body a normal weapon. No special mechanics need apply. And yeah, the tattoos are in.

Scintillatus
2008-03-21, 12:36 PM
4chan, I think. It's been a while.

Full version here: http://i27.tinypic.com/14ue2s3.jpg

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-21, 03:54 PM
Nice one. A flail powered by fairies is totally winsome.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-22, 04:57 AM
Changed my concept a bit, going with a Drow Sorceress, specializing in metamagic and headed towards the Voyeuristic Seer PrC. I'm hoping to find a +0 or +1 LA drow homebrew somewhere, but search is annoyingly still blocked, so it may be a day.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-22, 12:40 PM
You can have a +1 LA drow who doesn't have spell resistance. Izzat okay?

Also. No scimitars.

EagleWiz
2008-03-22, 01:07 PM
Izzat is NOT ok. Ever.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-22, 01:13 PM
What about Izzat Stradlin', then? Or insat okay?

Arbitrarity
2008-03-22, 01:20 PM
I have your ten foot pole right here.

Better option is the Dungeonscape 20 ft telescoping pole.

It's portable, not too expensive, and longer.

Collin152
2008-03-22, 04:01 PM
Better option is the Dungeonscape 20 ft telescoping pole.

It's portable, not too expensive, and longer.

naw, Solo's pole dosen't telescope. It's always at its maximum length.

Solo
2008-03-22, 06:26 PM
naw, Solo's pole dosen't telescope. It's always at its maximum length.

Solo's pole always rises to the occasion.

Collin152
2008-03-22, 06:30 PM
Solo's pole always rises to the occasion.

There is no crevice Solo's pole can not penetrate.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-22, 11:15 PM
Edited in Dolrael's backstory. I almost broke the fourth wall, but decided to refrain.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-23, 11:26 AM
Seems nice. I wonder what the fourth wall breakage would have been made of...

BTW, what's left to be done, people? I'm itching to start the game.

Solo
2008-03-23, 11:28 AM
I'm always ready for action.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-23, 11:30 AM
And let's not talk about me. I can't wait to employ a cheesy post-accent.

Scintillatus
2008-03-23, 12:39 PM
My sheet is prepared!

Stabby
2008-03-23, 01:09 PM
I still need to post my backstory, but as I am at my parents today it will be tommorow, finally.

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-23, 02:53 PM
Seems nice. I wonder what the fourth wall breakage would have been made of...

Dolrael's mother would have been genre savvy, and paid a wizard to summon D&D books until she found one that had someone with Dolrael's eyes in it. Then she would have been tragically killed, and the books destroyed, when rocks fell.

EagleWiz
2008-03-23, 07:33 PM
Excelent. Lets get this started.

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-23, 08:05 PM
Sounds good to me.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-23, 11:36 PM
Working on the spell list for my sorceress now, I've got most of the background done, though I need to type it up, and I still need magic items. It'll be done by tomorrow (insomnia FTW), so I'm in.

Edit: Character Sheet (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=10297&sid=c58dd4bf5b9f91f54b9ec546127d8a60). Work in progress, so ignore the things that don't make sense.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-24, 11:11 AM
Good. Then, we should be able to start tomorrow?

Glyphic
2008-03-24, 07:59 PM
I'm still on board. Just been job searching and enjoying "spring". Nifty that we can start so soon!

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-25, 05:59 AM
As soon as everyone's characters are ready, we're starting. And remember you can take idiosyncracies.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-26, 08:47 AM
So...Is everyone FINALLY, ready to rock 'n roll?

TheThan
2008-03-26, 01:20 PM
So...Is everyone FINALLY, ready to rock 'n roll?

to quote twisted sister

"i wanna rock! ROCK! I want to rock!"

Stabby
2008-03-26, 02:40 PM
Sorry it took so long to finish my backstory, hit writers block. Hope its suitable. Went somewhat serious on it, but its light enough and over the top enough that it works for any campaign. Tell me if it works.

Fiero looked out over the smokey taproom and wondered how he had ended up here, in a small tavern in the middle of no where. As he launched into another stirring epic, this one about romance being found on a wartorn battlefield. As he sang about lovers who even knowing that there were no promises or demads, his mind drifted back to his childhood.

The offspring of a nymph and a human is rare enough, but a male child at that was enough to bring the attention of a myriad of fey. What a childhood he had, learning music from the grig and dance from the dryads. His voice however, his mother always said came from the gods. Fiero was charming, clever, and handsome. Problem was, he knew it. Voice of an angel with the looks to match and he just felt like floating through life experiencing new things with no thought to responsibility. He knew that with a smile, a bit of charm and sometimes a song, he could get whatever he wanted. However, its hard to complain when your life consists of chasing beautiful dryads and music.

It all changed the day the slavers came. With chains and whips and magic, they captured many of the dancing fey. They came, and Fiero hid. While he hid he wept as he saw friends and lovers led off in chains. He wept until his rage and self loathing overpowered his fear. He knew that he had no chance in a direct assault, so he tried a somewhat more subtle tactic. He went to talk to them.

As the caravan started to roll out near dusk, the slavers heard a loud strum of a stringed instrument from a nearby outcropping. Standing in the light of the setting sun stood a shocking figure. A male with the face of a god, playing his instrument with a fever. Drums beat and a cowbell could be heard. The slavers stood in slack-jawed amazement. Who was this maniac with the music? They went to ready their music, but found themselves too enthralled. As he started to sing, a glow seemed to spread from him, drawing their very souls to him. “And so she came to him and listen in for a while.”

Unnoticed by the slavers, tiny fey snuck upon the caravan. The spell that had repelled them was no more, the sorceress who had cast it was staring at Fiero and licking her lips. She took tentative steps forward, lost in the music. Even though she didn’t know the song, her lips shaped the words with his. [/i]“Killing her softly with his song”[/i]

With a clink, the chains binding the dryads fell away. They dashed into the woods like a shadow, unnoticed by the entranced slavers. As the song ended, the slavers blinked in astonishment. All but the sorceress went for their weapons. As they ran at the Fiero, the world exploded around them. Through the wreckage the sorceress stalked towards the bard, hot eyed and breathing heavily. As she reached him, he flashed her his most winning smile. “Did you like my song?”

Fiero finished his performance amidst cheers and applause. His life was interesting, now if only he could find someone who could hold his attention. He sighed, oh well, they’re were always more adoring fans. Like the raven haired beauty about to fall out of her bodice. He headed towards the bar with a smile.

Oh, and Im ready to start whenever anyone else is.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-26, 05:13 PM
Done. The stage has been set, the green flag has dropped, and The Long Road Ahead awaits you in the Gamma channel.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-26, 09:22 PM
BackstoryS'yis Urbid was born in the depths of the Underdark, to the Matron of a minor house. Her childhood was full of abuse and lacked any kind of happiness, and she would probably have grown up to be no more maladjusted than any other Drow, were it not for the fact that she slew her mother during one of their "private sessions" about life among the Drow, slaying her with her own whip. She would have been praised for the act, were it not for the fact that she had just caused a power struggle and was now without allies. She was forced to flee to the streets and would have died a hundred times over were it not for her innate magical talents.
Living on the street in Drow society, where begging is as likely to get you poisoned as fetch a copper, was fairly unsuccessful, so as soon as she was capable, S'yis retreated to the surface world and didn't look back. She has been making her living adventuring, and been fairly successful at it. However, since the dissolution of her last group (surprisingly, a dwarf, an elf, a drow, and a half-orc do not make good partners. Who knew?), she has been looking for work, a task she is fairly well-suited for.AppearanceS'yes is short and slight, even by the standards of the drow. She is younger than most elves are when they first begin to travel, and appears less violent than many of her cousins. She generally keeps her hair in a braid, with a ribbon that is actually a transformed Hat of Disguise running through it. When in public, she often uses it to appear High Elven, though she usually drops that disguise at the first opportunity. Her clothes are generally picked to contrast whatever color her skin is at the moment, and cover much of her body without actually hiding her figure.

Glyphic
2008-03-26, 09:37 PM
For any curious sorts, we're started! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76056)

TheThan
2008-03-27, 02:16 PM
first post is up,

oh and I've looked over the update to the tavern wench class, i didn't see anything new that currently applies to me. I'll take a closer look later and make any updates that need to be made.

Frosty
2008-03-27, 02:29 PM
Mayhaps someone can post a compilation of all of the characters and their backgrounds/descriptions in one post (spoilered of curse to save space)? So we know who's who? :)

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-27, 04:58 PM
That would be a good idea. A list of character sheets would be pretty nice, as I'm currently missing some things.

Aquillion
2008-03-29, 10:32 PM
The Metaphysical Shaper is totally absurd. Most people tend to focus on its Metaphysical Metamagic, which is already very good (metamagic cost-shifting is always nice), and can be exploited with someone who has a high CL for restoration/lesser restoration. It is limited slightly by the way it increases the time to cast spells used with it.

But nevermind that: The really broken thing is that they get Metamagic Mastery, -1 level to all metamagic costs. And there's nothing in there about dropping costs below 1, or even 0. And they get it after only three levels, with no lost caster levels. And you can conceivably enter the class at 6th level, so you can have it by ninth. And the class doesn't require any feats (beyond 'two metamagic feats', which you'll want anyway.); the only other cost is a handful of ranks in various skills, the only really useless one is a mere three ranks in craft. Keep in mind, the only other classes that grant this ability give it after ten levels and require things like lost caster levels or banning an entire school.

Totally and completely broken, overlooked only because it's in a book nobody would seriously bring up in most campaigns (although the class itself has nothing sexual about it at all; it could be dropped into any D&D book if you removed the quote at the top... if you ignore the fact that it's one of the most broken non-Planar-Shepherd classes ever printed.)

Arbitrarity
2008-03-29, 10:35 PM
Hehe.. Grab 10 levels of Incantatrix with that for the -2 metamagic win.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-29, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure what book you're reading, but mine says "To a minimum of 1". And Metamagic Manipulation is a fairly high cost in a low point-buy campaign until your cleric can regularly make the CL check. I am personally headed to that class in the current campaign, though I'm not hitting the last level till 12th level, and I plan to avoid Manipulation completely, as it is broken when you're using the 7 stat system.