PDA

View Full Version : On choice of weaponry...

HarmlessPenguin
2008-03-05, 11:26 AM
Hi, I'm just curious if there is in fact any reach weapon that does blunt damage, and if so, if any god actually has it as their favored weapon =P.

Burley
2008-03-05, 12:06 PM
You could tie a pillow onto a stick...
Or, Nets!

Hal
2008-03-05, 12:35 PM
The Goad (Frostburn) does piercing and bludgeoning damage. Since it's like a long mace with a spike on the end, you have to declare which damage you'll do with it when you attack. No deity favors it.

It's an exotic weapon, though, so keep that in mind. It also gives you +2 to Handle Animal checks vs. huge or larger animals. If I were your DM, I'd let you use it as just a bludgeoning weapon (no spike), provided you took away the bonus to Handle Animal.

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-05, 01:51 PM
Hi, I'm just curious if there is in fact any reach weapon that does blunt damage, and if so, if any god actually has it as their favored weapon =P.

Yes there are bludgeoning reach weapons: Lucerne Hammer, Ankus, and Sasumata all from DR331 and are all exotic. However, I think the Lucerne Hammer was reprinted in some splatbook. No god has any as a favored weapon, but you could be a cleric of an ideal and choose whatever weapon you want with the war domain.

Burley
2008-03-05, 04:04 PM
I'm an idiot and want to apologize. For some reason, I read "blunt" as "non-lethal". My bad.
Anyways, A Ten-foot Pole. Same statistics as a quarter staff, but with reach like a polearm.

Iku Rex
2008-03-05, 05:40 PM
Chain, from Savage Species and Oriental Adventures.

It's like a spiked chain only bludgeoning and 1d6 damage. It can also be used as a double weapon with 5' reach.

No god has it as a favored weapon.