PDA

View Full Version : High Stakes IC

Pages : [1] 2

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-05, 06:32 PM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4033074#post4033074)

You'd all signed up for this new reality TV show. High Stakes it was called. It was organised by Max Corp, one of the most powerful organisations in the world, and claimed to be "the most extreme game ever". All reality TV shows seemed to claim this though, so no particular thought was given to it.

Except for these few things, you really didn'y know anything about the game. You had apparently been accepted to compete though, as a letter had arrived telling you to go to the Saint Joseph town busstop. There you would be picked up by a bus, which would bring you to where-ever the game started. You had packed your bags, arranged some matters as you weren't told how long exactly this game was going to take, and then you took off for the busstop when the time had come.

To be honest, you did know one more thing about the game: it promised to give away the largest amount of money ever given away in the history of mankind! This was a good enough reason to abandon your house, though some of you might have had different reasons, such as your love of adventure.

Anyways, the Saint Joseph busstop seemed to be a gathering point for all contestants. People arrived in various ways. Some had taken the bus to get there, others came by foot, by bike, by taxi or by car. one person even arived in a limousine. It was strange to see someone rich enough to afford a limousine competing.

Soon, the bus arrived. It was a quite regular bus, though some slight modifications had been made to it. The seats seemed more comfy than in most busses and the driver had a completely sealed compartiment, probably so he wouldn't be able to interact with the contestants. The bus also had two TVs, but they were off right now. Maybe they indicated that it would be a long trip and a movie would be played, or maybe they wouldn't be used at all.

The driver pressed a button in his compartiment and asked everyone to put their luggage in the luggage compartiment. Then everyone entered the bus and the driver took off. He took the highway, and it looked like it was going to be a long drive. You might as well take your time to get to know each other.

All of you have entered the bus and it is now driving. Your luggage is in the luggage compartiment. No exceptions. Introduce your characters and have them take place somewhere in the bus. Interact a bit with the others and maybe establish some friendships. Knowing your competitors or allying with them will be useful.

Saint Joseph town is not a real place as far as I know. I'll be using locations that aren't real so no-one will happen to live where-ever i was talking about and will screw up the game by saying something like "But Moscow does have more than three teahouses!". All you need to know about Saint Joseph town for now is that it's a fairly large American city somewhere in centre of America and it's known for it's bagels. Some of you might live there.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-05, 07:50 PM
It wasn't a long walk for Trent to the bus stop, the homeless shelter he had been staying in was just around the corner. Trent's unkempt brown hair fell over his face as he stood at the bus stop looking at the people round him, his stubble, baggy jeans and jumper didn't really go well with everyone else. He couldn't help but feel bottom of the ladder.
He put his bag in the luggage compartment and went and sat at the back of the bus.
(Providing someone does sit near him) Trent turns to the person nearest him on the bus and says;
Well, Hi. I'm Trent, Trent Arguson. I guess we will be getting to know each other so what's your name?

Eldan
2008-03-05, 08:11 PM
Andrew was still tired from the long flight he had to take to get here from england and the second, shorter flight to get to Saint Joseph. He was only in T-shirt and jeans, his brown hair sweaty and unkempt.
After putting his bag in the compartment, he turned round to the man who approached him.
"Blake. Andrew Blake. Nice to meet you."
Poor., he thought. Probably not too bright. Not a large threat, but probably useful.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-05, 08:44 PM
Michael steps off the greyhound he had taken from SC just in time to see the next bus arriving. He sighed when he saw the TV's, realizing that, most likely, he was facing another long bus ride. He had dressed in the usual clothes, jeans and a t-shirt, with his trusty leather jacket. he idly twirled his bic in his hand as he boarded the bus, sitting in the back, and lays his head against the window, hoping to catch a small nap before they arrived. His hopes were dashed, however, as the people in front of him started a conversation. Realizing it would prove useful to know them, Michael addresses them in the distinct southern drawn of SC. Before y'all get the formalities over with, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Michael Leaf.He interjects, extending a hand to Trent and then Andrew. After shaking hands (or not, if they chose not to) he continues to adress Andrew. Oh, nice accent. England?

El_Frenchie
2008-03-05, 09:16 PM
Michaël yawned loudly. He looked... out of place. Black hair, a few white strands standing out, a cotton jacket over a white shirt and a pair of black jeans. He carried a set of shorts and what seemed like spare clothing over his left arm. He looked towards the bus and boarded after the first half of the passengers got in. It was filling up fairly quickly and he wanted a window seat.

He went towards the back of the bus and spotted people already talking together. He smiles to them and sits in front of Andrew and Trent, near the window. Taking out his notebook and a pen, Michaël starts writing something. Names of the people behind him, and taking a look over his shoulder, descriptions. The words are in French. But there are three paragraphs for each person, titled with the names.

If any of the two people directly behind him (Andrew & Trent) looks towards the book to spot what he's writing, they can see small bits of text:

Andrew Blake

"Un gars intéressant. L'air intelligent. Dan[...]"

Trent

"Plutôt pauvre. Probablement costaud. Méf[...]"

He turns the page after doing so. Writing on the other side, he starts drawing what looks like a map. He also sketches the bus stop and starts writing a description of it and the bus.

Then, closing the notebook after a while, he turns around to them and extends a hand.

"Bonjour! Heh, or hello. My name is Michaël [me-ka-l]. Nice to meet you gentlemen."

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-05, 10:03 PM
Trent
Trent is taking a like to these people all ready, maybe this is his new start....
He shakes hands with everyone and laughs, this is the best he has had in months, better than the streets and the fights and the drugs. Happy, he turns the conversation to the game;
So whadda think this game is all about? And the money... Must be some pretty special stuff gonna go down!

Little Toe
2008-03-05, 10:14 PM
Lundi sprinted towards the bus stop. She was probably late, or that's what she thought, since it seemed customary for her to be late for everything. She approached the bus and threw her bag in the luggage compartment. She looked particularly radiant today despite her unruly hair.

As she got into the bus she felt the look of men fall upon her. It seemed she would be the only women in the show "génial" she thought to herself. She was certainly out of place in the bus and was browsing for a spot to sit down and keep to herself.

As she looked around she spotted Michaël Lagrange, a reasonably well-known writer from her province. She was surprised to say the least. Sure he was no woman but he had some decent views on women. She remembered a truthful article Lagrange had written on how all humans were equal indifferently of their sex or race.

She sat in front of him. Then turned around with her arm over the seat. Butting in the conversation with a very strong french accent.

"Hello everybody! I am Lundi Jarrett zery pleazed to meet you all."

Turning to Michaël,

"Michaël Lagrange, alors ça c'est une surprise! Je m'appelle Lundi Jarrett. J'ai lu quelques articles à vous dans la presse locale. Je ne savais pas que vous participiez à ce Show?"

Nibleswick
2008-03-05, 11:11 PM
"Uh, hi, I'm Henry Doyle, I'm from Utah, where are you folks from?
Henry sat down near the others, readjusting his leatherman as he did so. He was what I suppose you could call "a clean young man", as long as you didn't try to consider his clothes in that context. His clothes were very much not clean, they were stained by dirt, oil, and the occasional burn mark. His steel toed boots were scuffed and dirty. On the whole he looked like some one who made a living in the dirt, even his hands and face (up to where it was protected by his hat) were dirt colored.

LostOne27
2008-03-06, 01:43 AM
Justin beat on the door relentlessly. Figures. He promises to drive me to Saint Joseph this morning, then goes and spends all night partying. "Joe! Wake your lazy butt up and get out here! We gotta go!" After a few more minutes, Joe was up and dressed. The boys headed out to Joe's old truck and hit the road.

They made it to Saint Joseph in only 2 hours. Pretty good for 180 miles. Justin hopped out and waved to Joe, saying "Later, man." He threw his bags into the luggage comparment and boarded the bus. He saw a gaggle of people all jabbering away towards the rear, so decided to sit more towards the front. He was still a little tired, and wanted to get a nap. After all, Joe wasn't the only one up partying last night.

*If anyone sits down near Justin he'll say, ""Howdy." and lean back as if to rest.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-06, 02:17 AM
The bus was driving down the highway at some speed and the sun was rising now. It looked like it was going to be a sunny day. Not particularly warm, but sunny anyways.

The man who had exited from the limousine had taken a seat near the front of the bus. He greeted Justin but didn't seem much interested in conversation otherwise.

Two contestants who looked like experienced hitchhikers had set up somewhere in the middle of the bus, and were talking excessively.

A guy with long black hair still hadn't taken a seat and seemed to be checking out the compartiments above the passengers' heads.

A black man in a business suit had taken place near the rear, but didn't participate in the conversation.

Eldan
2008-03-06, 06:27 AM
"England, yes. I'm from London, to be precise, but currently living in Oxford. Nice to meet you all."
French, he thought. Why do there have to be two french people on board? That's gonna be complicated, if they join up.
His entire knowledge of the french language was limited to about three basic sentences and whatever he could try to translate from english and what little latin he knew.

boomwolf
2008-03-06, 07:10 AM
"Bakios here." says a slim man in black matrix-styled cloak, "Canadian if it matters."
He takes a key out of his pocket and begins to inspect it with great care, looking for something, but what? nobody knows. a careful look will reveal he is wearing black leather gloves.

He puts the key back into his pocket and asks "Anyone has a clue what the game is all about?"
Bakios lets a wierd smile on his face as he takes off his shades, not clear why he had them on anyway. his bleached hair was clearly not combed lately.

After a short time bakios finds a seat, not too close to anyone, but not far from the center of activity. his eyes scanning the bus of any cameras or things of that style.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-06, 01:50 PM
Bakios spots a camera in the front of the bus. It's in the driver's compartiment, but it's pointing toward the rest of the bus. It's been encased, but you still managed to spot it.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-06, 02:52 PM
Nick gets out of the taxi that brought him from the airport and sucks deeply on a cigarette as out of site from the others as he can. My last moments of privacy for who knows how long.

Stubbing out the cig under his brown leather loafers he brushes down his rugby shirt, jeans and gillet, takes of his sunglasses and throws his things onto the bus after the others. He takes a moment to settle himself of the bus grabbing a seat by himself, having pulled an iPod out of his pocket and putt the hefty book he was carrying down he goes and introduces himself to Bakios. "Nicholas, how do you do." He turns about slightly to the others, "Honestly I don't know a thing about what's going to happen. It should however be interesting. Oh and pardon me, Bonjour monsieur et mademoiselle, J'apprécierai avoir quelqu'un pour parler avec en français." The voice is cut glass English but the French is perfect. My french is terrible, I'm so sorry, I haven't spoken it since GCSE.

boomwolf
2008-03-06, 04:31 PM
"This place has more French then Canada." mutters bakios, clearly displeased.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-06, 04:42 PM
The guy with the long black hair laughs as he hears this.

"There's barely any French in Canada, they're Canadians! They speak French, but that's a different thing, you know?"

He sits down. It seems like he's through investing the compartiments. He messes a bit with a piece of string, and then he gets up again and walks toward the driver's sealed off room.

LostOne27
2008-03-06, 04:49 PM
Justin managed to fall asleep shortly after the last of the contestants climbed aboard. The rising sun woke him and he yawned as he stretched. He finally looked around and took note of everyone. With his ears open, he sat back to hear what there was to hear.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-06, 07:41 PM
Trent is enjoying his company;
Ha! If I'm honest I've never met a real French person before! Nice to meet you!
He pauses, thinking what to say next;
Come to think of it....I'm not sure if I've had many times with canadians either....

OOC; Boomwolf nice to be playing in another game with you!

El_Frenchie
2008-03-07, 05:48 AM
Michaël

Looking around, he smiles and presents himself as Michaël Lagrange to anyone who asks.

"Nicholas? Nice to meet you. I'd be glad to teach you french if you so wished. I've had to teach my wife and my kids, so I might be professional enough."

Looking towards Lundi, he smiles slightly.

"I'm glad you've actually heard of me." He then switches to French. "Pour être honnête, je ne pensais pas rencontrer d'autres francophones."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 06:05 AM
Suddenly the video screens flicker. A face appears on them. It's a rather bulky man, with round purple specs and a grey business suit on. He's got a ring beard and you see black hair strands peaking out from under his fedora. You recognise this man to Maximilian Burns, the leader of Max Corp.

Maximilian folds his hands, showing the big golden rings on his porky fingers. They look the kind of rings that are obviously fake and tasteless, but they are most real. And tasteless.

"Welcome to High Stakes, the most extreme reality show ever invented by man. You probably thought you'd have time until you reached your destination before the game started. I'm here to dissapoint you. This bus will take you a couple of cities over. The ride will take a day and a half. This is most unfortunate, as you really need to be in Saint Joseph town"

"The Saint Joseph town bank holds 15 vaults, each in one of your names. You'll have to figure out the codes to open these vaults, since what is inside is really important to you. Inside them, see, is a clue to the whereabouts of the antidote. The antidote, you ask? You've been inside this bus for quite a while now, and all that time you have been breathing colourless and smell-less poisonous gas"

"You'll want to get to the clue as soon as possible, because when you have it, you'll still have quite the trip ahead of you. But as I said, this bus doesn't make any stops. It's driving straight to San Gregor, and it won't be driving you back either. You have twenty days to live, ladies and gentlemen. I told you this game would be extreme. Have fun!"

The screens blurred and Maximilian Burns' face dissapeared. The bus driver kept on going, on to San Gregor, if you could trust the word of Maximilian.

San Gregor is another fictional place. It's a quite small village, so most of you won't have heard of it, especially the foreigners. Those of you with thorough geographic knowledge know San Pedro is a village near the Mexican border

boomwolf
2008-03-07, 07:00 AM
"You have GOT to be kidding me" mutters bakios, thinking to himself "Damn now I need TWO antidotes."
After a few moments he adds "Lets assume that the windows are reinforced in this bus. so have some time to keep going, better make plans now. I suggest we all work as a team."

Little Toe
2008-03-07, 07:08 AM
Lundi had her mouth slightly open as she heard the fat man tell them about the poisonous gas. "Non, mais, c'est une blague!?" She let out a small laugh for the sake of hoping it was indeed a joke. She looked at the others.

"What ze hell? Zey poisoned us!? What ZE HELL?" Lundi, was little shaky, she had not expected the game to be that extreme. Disbelief was written all over her face as she stared into emptiness, running through all possible ways to escape. But of course, she couldn't, she'd need that antidote.

"Zat sick bastard.." she muttered to herself.

Eldan
2008-03-07, 07:50 AM
Andrew raised an eyebrow, silently.
Panic won't help us now. Opening the windows, probably by force, won't help, since we've been breathing the gas for such a long time, that we will all have reached lethal dose. Now, I've never heard of any gas killing in twenty days, they usually kill you instantly or not at all. It could be a bluff, but I'm not willing to take that risk.
First thing: we need to open the bus. Door or window. Stopping it is a bonus, to get our bags.
We don't have any equipment, except what we have on us. So, pocket check. Each of you, show the others what you have."
He reveals a swiss army knife, a roll of string, a piece of wire and some matches.
"Not really helpful, but we might find some screws to open. I guess heavy equipment is right out, we don't have any. After you have revealed your pockets, look for any screws we might be able to open. Someone test how strong the glass in the windows is, we can't just assume that it is reinforced without testing that. Also, check the floor if there is any way to access the luggage compartment."

El_Frenchie
2008-03-07, 08:24 AM
Michaël

Getting up a bit he looks for windows to open. (He opens them if possible.) He then moves to the back of the bus and looks inside his pockets. On the belt of his spare clothes, he had his knife. In fact, everything he had was in his spare fisherman-like jacket. He took off his cotton one and put on the spare one.

"I have a couple of pens and pencils. White chalk. A swiss army knife. A compass. A box of matches."

He sighs slightly.

He gets flat on the main aisle of the bus and puts his ear flat against the ground, he knocks every 10 cm, trying to perceive where it is hollow.

"If we are to leave before we're dropped off, then we better grab our luggage. I'm personally not sure where we are, but I have an encyclopedia with maps to figure it out. It'd be nice if one of us was the lookout. Checking what kind of cities we're going through. Any clue is good: Architecture, names, roads, people, etc."

He continues checking the floor. He then speaks up:

"Does anyone have a solid knife so that we can puncture through the floor? I have a sawing knife, so as soon as there's a hole in there, I can probably saw it open easily enough if it's either plastic or wood."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 08:45 AM
None of the windows have any way of opening them. There are some of the tiny hammers with a diamond top along the walls of the bus for emergencies, but the bus is going really fast. It's on the highway, after all, and though it's a busy day, there seems to be no traffic jam.

The floor seems to be made out of metal, which was carpeted. You know this because here and there in the corners it's loosened and the metal is showing. There don't seem to be any hatches in the floor.

The man with long black hair is checking out the wires of the TV for some reason, while the two hitchhikers are trying to ask the driver to stop. Either he doesn't hear them in his sealed off compartiment, either he won't listen, because he isn't slowing down.

The black man in the business suit seems rather relaxed for a situation like this.

The man who had come in a limousine on the other hand seemed absolutely distressed and was bashing on the windows with his fists, screaming.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-07, 09:01 AM
Michaël

Well, looks like they thought a bit ahead of us. Looking at the other passengers, Michaël sighs. He never heard of gases that consumed you inside for 20 days either. At least not the kind that wouldn't leave traces or smell anything.

But this man... was powerful. And rich. Who knows what kind of sick device he got his men to design for the poor souls in this bus. Taking out his notebook, he starts writing and describing the distress aboard the vehicle. He makes a particular note of some people that remained level-headed. They definitely had strong wills.

"Well unless one of you has something to puncture metal, we're pretty stuck in this bus."

As he says so he goes check what kind of wall separates them from the driver.

"Perhaps we could use the window breakers to puncture through the front window. Don't you think the bus driver might slow down enough if shattered glass goes in his face?"

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-07, 09:18 AM
Trent

Trent doesn't really know what to think, If the richest man in the World tells you that you are going to die in 20 days.... perhaps he isn't lying. People on the street kill for less than this so why not for entertainment?
Thinking about the pocket check, Trent gets a guilty pang before rather dodgily saying;
I uhh, I havn't got anything useful.
Then quickly to change the subject Trent says;
That's it! Smash the window and stop the bus and simply turn around!
Trent picks up 1 hammer and puts it in his pocket and takes another to smash the window to the driver's compartment, he steps forward and then stops as if hit by a sudden brainwave.

boomwolf
2008-03-07, 10:13 AM
"Only keys and glue." says bakios "But if I manage to get my luggage I can smash the driver's little cage."

While saying that bakios slides a hammer to his pocket, as well as anything else of value he can see. thinking to himself "A gun. gotta steal a gun."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 10:14 AM
The wall separating the driver from the rest of the bus is glass, just like the windows. It thick glass, but it's the kind regularly found in busses.

Trent smashes the window separating the driver from the rest of the bus. The two experienced hitchhikers next to him look stunned. The driver curses.

"Oh, ****, the gas!" he yells, his hand quickly diving in a small compartiment next to the steering wheel. Now that he's paying attention to the contestants though, he doesn't seem to be paying attention to the road anymore.

LostOne27
2008-03-07, 12:03 PM
"What. The. Hell. This guy's freakin' nuts!" Justin sat there, stunned for a minute while everyone else started reacting. After a moment's thought, he grabbed one of the hammers and went forward to the driver's compartment, intent on getting to the driver. Trent beat him to it, though.

"Heh, sucks, doesn't it?" Justin pulled his switch blade and leaned through the shattered glass, pressing the cold steel against the side of the driver's neck. "Bleed or stop, your choice. And forget the mask. You'll bleed to death MUCH sooner than 20 days unless you stop NOW."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 12:10 PM
Before Justin even got to the driver, he'd pulled the object out of the compartiment. It wasn't a mask. It was a gun. He pointed it at the contestants near him.
"Don't move, don't move, dammit! I- I need to think"

The bus swerved across the road. Anyone standing up will fall down unless they have something to hold onto near to them.

boomwolf
2008-03-07, 12:54 PM
"Now you are stuck with us" yells bakios as he dives down his seat "Help us, and get an antidote, by the looks of this game most of us won't reach it anyway."

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-07, 01:04 PM
Trent, holding onto the driver's seat, tries to land a punch on the drivers throat to remove the threat (Talent of fighting).

<****! This just got real! I think I'm in way over my head...>

OOC; < and > mean thinking!

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 01:38 PM
"Shut up, shut up! All of you, I need to think, I-"
As the bus swerved, the driver was pushed back into his seat, and Trent took this opportunity to punch him in the face. There was a loud BANG as the gun went off, puncturing the front windshield. The driver had been knocked out, though there was no telling how long it would be until he came to.

The bus hit the cement lining of the road, and the cars around it took their distance. A traffic helicopter was now hovering over the road, trying to make some good coverage.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-07, 02:20 PM
The moment Trent landed the punch his next thought was the bus. He had no idea how to drive it so he grabbed the steering wheel and tried to steer away from other cars and hope for the best.
EVERYBODY HOLD ON!

boomwolf
2008-03-07, 02:46 PM
"Idiot!" screams bakios "We NEEDED the damn driver!"
After a moment he cools down and takes a good look on the copter, after all that fat rich dude must have made some arrangements to take pictures of the game, that copter might be his. at least he tries to with no driver.

Eldan
2008-03-07, 03:03 PM
"Holy Crap, what did you do that for? You can't just knock out the driver of the bus we are all driving in!"
Andrew seems really annoyed now.
"Get the driver out of his seat and take the damn wheel! Then maybe we can stop this thing. Oh, and stop it of the road, so the gas doen'st poison any more people."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 03:15 PM
Trent grabbed the wheel and jerked, btu while reaching through the hole he'd beat in the glass, he cut himself. It wasn't a big cut, but enough to startle him. He jerked too hard and the bus swung over to the other side of the road at high speed. The vehicle creaked, and tipped.

Before it tipped Bakios managed a quick peak at the helicopter, but it looked just like a normal TV traffic copter. Off course, if Maximilian would hire a helicopter, he'd probably want one that looked like a normal one anyways.

Everyone in the bus fell to the right side of the vehicle. The bus had landed on that side, and unfortunately, that's where the doors were. The driver had fallen too, but he seemed to be coming to now.

The traffic copter could still be seen through the windows hovering over the wreck. Sirens could be heard in the distance, and squealing breaks all over the place.

boomwolf
2008-03-07, 03:28 PM
< Nice > thinks bakios < I could get a ride to the bank with them >
He attempts to climb to the windows above and brake them with a random hammer (not the one he pocketed)

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 03:35 PM
The glass rains down as Bakios smashes one of the windows. He climbs out of the bus and up on top. There's a huge traffic jam behind the bus, which is blocking the whole right lane, and enough of the left one for people not to be able to pass. It was a busy day alright. Somewhere at the end of the bunches of cars there were a couple of cop cars, sirens on, and doors open. The cops were speeding to the scene, quickly making their way through the cars.

The bus seemed to have stopped in a pretty deserted area. There were fields all around, and a farm somewhere in the distance, on the right side of the road. On the left, there was a small town, perhaps even further off than the farm.

Inside the bus, the driver had gotten up and drawn his gun again.
"None of you punks move!" he said, making his way to the hole in what was now the ceiling.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-07, 04:03 PM
Look you sonofabitch, your in the same boat as us now Michael says to the driver. So put away the damn gun and lets go get some antidotes. You can kill us now and die in 20 days, or you can help us and live until your supposed to die. Your choice. But I can tell you right now that you can't take all of us with that pistol. Michael moves to the back of the bus, opening the safety exit that is at the back of all buses.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 04:07 PM
This bus has no such safety exit. It's been modified to fit Maximilian's pruposes, and apparently he didn't want an emergency exit. The bus has a bench there instead.

The driver doesn't seem to impressed either. He laughs maniacally.
"I didn't breathe the gas long enough. I'll be fine. I'll be fine!"

(Oh, and check out the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4033074#post4033074))

ForzaFiori
2008-03-07, 04:09 PM
Not if you start shooting you wont. Start shooting, you'll cause a panic. people die in panics. people who shoot guns especially so. seeing no door, michael takes his shirt off and wraps it around his hand (to keep from being cut), and punches a window out.

boomwolf
2008-03-07, 04:37 PM
((you are aware that there is a hole up the window are you?))

Bakios jumps off the bus, away from the driver's line of sight and waits for the cops, if any cop is near he tells him that the driver has gone mad and kidnapped them all.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 04:46 PM
The driver turns toward Michael angrily and starts firing.
"I-told-you-not-to-move-punk!" he yells, sweat running down his face. Michael gets hit in the shoulder, but the driver keeps firing even now. Unless someone intervenes, this is going to be a problem.

Bakios exits the bus and waits for the cops. They are nearing fast, but are still not here. It was a pretty long line of cars.

((Are you aware of the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4033074#post4033074)?))

ForzaFiori
2008-03-07, 04:51 PM
Michael cringes as he gets hit in the shoulder, but crawls out the bus none the less. When he gets out, he takes his shirt and warps it around the shoulder, tieing it tight to apply pressure, and hopes the cops get there soon. he also will get behind the bus, to keep the insane guy with the gun away from him.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately, Michael finds there is no way out of the bus, especially not one to crawl out. There is the window that was bashed out, but that is directly above the driver.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-07, 05:01 PM
seeing no door, michael takes his shirt off and wraps it around his hand (to keep from being cut), and punches a window out.

a window near michael has been smashed, michael went out that. His arm wouldn't be a big problem as he would have gone into shock, which takes away pretty much all pain.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 05:03 PM
a window near michael has been smashed, michael went out that. His arm wouldn't be a big problem as he would have gone into shock, which takes away pretty much all pain.

Well, that wouldn't be crawling, and you haven't really smashed it, since you were shot before you had the chance. Besides, these windows are pretty much too strong to break with bare hands anyways. Which is why there were the hammers which everyone used.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-07, 05:05 PM
Trent hears the cops in the distance and instinctively starts to worry. He has.... illicit goods on him.
Hey buddy, hows your jaw? Look I'm sorry about this, everyone I'm sorry, I saw the gun and panicked. Look the cops are on the way and they are gonna lock you up! We all have 20 days now. If we get caught by the police they will take us in for DAYS! Time we can't afford! Mr Driver... Shoot a window out and we can all run together... Please...

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 05:10 PM
The driver stops shooting at Michael as his gun emits a dry click.
He drops it and laughs again.
"No, no, I haven't been exposed long. And I have company ensurance. Ha! I'm not sticking around!" he says, somewhat in answer to Trent.

He jumps and pulls himself out of the hole. He runs across the top of the vehicle and towards the side of the road, where Bakios is standing.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-07, 05:24 PM
Trent instantly runs over and pockets the empty gun. He then climbs out and looks around him.

If he sees a crowd of people staring from the traffic jam he points to the driver and shouts He has a gun! Run! He's going to kill us all!
Trent will then run into the crowd and up the road.

If there is no crowd then Trent looks to see where the cops are.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 05:28 PM
The people are staying in their cars, it seems, and most can't hear you. Some attempt to exit their vehicles, but the cops arrive and signal them not to.

"You three! Freeze!" one of them yells.

If you still wish to run at this point, you may

boomwolf
2008-03-07, 05:29 PM
Using his ever sneaky ability bakios attempts to be out of the driver's sight as he reached to his luggage, if he makes it he takes out the nailgun and loads it, if he fails he try to be "with" the driver.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-07, 05:38 PM
Michael goes to the front of the bus and out the window, coming out with his good arm up and the other at his side. I need medical assistance! That man he points to the driver shot me!

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 05:43 PM
The cops draw their guns.

"Sir, you need to freeze" one of them says, pointing at Michael.

"That goes for you too!" another yells as Bakios tries to move unnoticed.

The driver is now standing next to Bakios. He's not moving, but he's not putting his hands up either.

"We need you to get down from the bus, sir" one of the cops says, indicating Trent.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-07, 05:45 PM
Let me move from the exit of the bus, sir, and I'll freeze. I'd like to clear the way for the others in the car to get out. However, I would appreciate it, and not sue after this whole ordeal, of you get a doctor over here ASAP. As in BEFORE i bleed out. Michael says, keeping the one arm up, the other hanging at his side.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 05:50 PM
As Michael raises his arm a cop yells "Stand down, sir, stand down. Get down on your knees and face the bus!"

The driver inches towards Bakios, but the cops are focusing on Michael too much to notice.

Exiting the bus through the front window, which you had to break (a possible feat since it was cracked) Michael wasn't in sight of the police officers. You had to step towards them to be able to indicate the driver, so you are no longer blocking the exit. One of the exits, in fact, as there is still another window that has been smashed out

ForzaFiori
2008-03-07, 05:53 PM
what the hell is up with the cops? they're even worse than the ones back home michael mutters as he gets down on his knees, calling out once again Sir, as you can see, i'm complying. However, if you do not get someone with medical training here soon, you'll soon be down one witness, and also a hell of alot of promotions i'd bet. Not to mention the lovely PR you'll manage to pull in. Now please, get a damn doctor.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-07, 05:57 PM
Trent looks at the cops and says to them;
Ok I'm coming down!
Trent then climbs off the bus and moves to the side....

OOC; I'm taking it from what the cops said to me they don't see me as a threat/anything to do with it really.....

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-07, 06:02 PM
One of the cops comes over to Michael to cuff him while the rest focuses on Trent as he climbs down. The driver takes this opportunity to grab Bakios and hold him like a human shield. A shot is fired, but it hits the bottom of the bus instead of Bakios or the driver.

It seems like the cops are regarding everyone as a threat right now. They don't know what happened except there were shots fired and the bus was swerving across the road dangerously and crashed

ForzaFiori
2008-03-07, 06:03 PM
I am SO sueing the HELL out of you damned pigs if i get out of this! Michael yells as he's cuffed

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-07, 06:20 PM
Trent takes this oppurtunity to help the cops and get on their side,
Officers! Officers! The driver who shot this man is unarmed! I have his gun here! I picked it up so he couldn't use it again. I'm gonna take it out slowly and put it on the floor and step away from it.
If they allow him Trent does this and moves to the left of this scene, away from the cops and away from the bus and stands at the edge of the road.

Eldan
2008-03-07, 06:22 PM
Andrew decided to do this the safe way and stayed in the bus, holding his head like he was half passed out, which wasn't actually far from the truth. Still, his mind was racing.
Police... can't let them take me, would take too long. We need a story.

"Ok, people...", he whispers to those who are still in the bus.
"We are just travelers, on a bus trip to San Gregor. We don't know each other, especially not those people getting cuffed outside. The driver went crazy and started pointing guns at us. Understood?"

El_Frenchie
2008-03-07, 07:20 PM
Michaël

Looking at Andrew, the french writer frowns slightly:

"But... this is the American police? We aren't going to be out of custody in ages! And we need to find our way back! How long have we been driving? Maybe we could cross-country along the highway back. Maybe even hitch a ride from someone nice or call in from the emergency phones. I mean, I'm not being racist, but I've seen quite a few news report in America itself about abusive cops, and maybe they are."

As he says so, Michaël moves towards the front of the bus.

"I think the police hasn't surrounded the vehicle yet. Maybe we can get to the back of the bus and try to get some of our luggage. I've got a bit of food and water."

He looks around out of the broken window that Michael made.

"Even if our luggage is locked in, we can still make it along the highway and find a city somewhere from where we can get directions."

He notices the police and the bus driver not putting his hands up.

"That crazed driver is making a ruckus, so it's now or never. But I'm not going alone. Who thinks leaving now is a better idea?"

Little Toe
2008-03-07, 08:15 PM
Lundi who had been knocked out, seems to come to and listens as best she can to what Michaël is saying. She's grasped the idea of the bus driver having gone crazy as well as the cops being rather unfriendly. Putting a hand to her sore head she looks at the rest of the people in the bus.

"I don't know about zis, what if ze police shootz at uz? But I guess it iz better than getting locked up... thiz thing iz out of control!"

She stops a second taking a few deep breaths.

"I have knives, throwing, hunter, but not sure how diz will help... Apart from making me look like a psycho" she sniggers with a bit of trouble.

"Otherwise, these binoculars could come in handy to spot where the police is?"

Nibleswick
2008-03-08, 12:52 AM
About this time Henry comes to, "Unng, what happened, where am I?
He looks around the ruins of the bus in confusion. Finding no answers he gets unsteadily to his feet, and stumbles a couple of steps before he has to sit down again.

boomwolf
2008-03-08, 03:28 AM
Bakios yells "Help me! this madman kidnapped us all!", if he still has the nailgun he shoots the driver in the leg.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-08, 07:29 AM
Day 1, Afternoon

mf11
Michael is cuffed and one of the cops stands next to him, looking at his arm.
"Help will be here soon, sir, just be patient, and don't move"

Jett
Trent puts down the gun, but as soon as he start moving the cops yell at him not to move. The place he was intending to move to was where Bakios and the driver were. A hostage situation.

Eldan & Nibleswick
You both seem to decide waiting in the bus is a better idea than running out.

El_Frenchie
You should remember that the only way to get to the luggage compartiment now is crawling on top of the bus, where the cops can see you. The two hitchhikers seem to agree with you about leaving the bus.
"Yeah, we need to get out of here, man, those cops'll have us in custody for ages! We're just long haired scum to them, and talking about the poisonous gas will seem like a trick. We'll follow you, now that we've still got a chance. You lead the way"

Little Toe
If you wish to spot where the police is, you'll have to come into their line of sight. They're pretty close to you now, only the bus is keeping them from seeing you.

boomwolf
Bakios doesn't have the nailgun, as he wasn't able to get to his luggage (the police stopped him). The driver makes his way off the road, still holding you as a human shield. You get dragged into the fields. Three cops are following, but they aren't doing much besides pointing their gun at the two of you.

Reptilius
Alan Arlen walks out of the bus, hands in the air.
"I'm giving myself up!" he yells. A cop points a gun at him and tells him not to move.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-08, 09:22 AM
Michaël

Nodding towards the two hitchhikers, he looks towards the front of the bus.

'Alright, well, we'll talk on the way, can't waste too much time here. When it gets quieter, we can settle down a bit further off for what way to go.'

Getting out of the front of the bus making as less noise as possible, he attempts to remain out of view of the police and to go to the fields a bit further off the highway. Then, he will go in the opposite direction the bus was going. (Or more generally, the opposite way the highway was going.)

Whatever happened, he'd be sure to have quite a lot of material to talk about.

boomwolf
2008-03-08, 10:01 AM
If he is unarmed (gun is not with him right?) then bakios takes out the sharpest key he has and goes for the neck, attempting to get the suffocation of the driver.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-08, 12:48 PM
In that case Trent tries to walk slowly away from the hostage situation to the right this time, If he is told to freeze again he will respond with;
Can I just get out of the way, I don't like all these guns!

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-08, 02:47 PM
El_Frenchie
The two hitchhikers follow you as you move along the highway. Before you head into the fields, you notice a gas station somewhat ahead along the road.

boomwolf
As soon as Bakios attacks the driver and starts struggling with him, the cops fire some shots. Due to the fact you're moving fast though, both you and the driver get hit. The driver gets hit in the leg and the three cops rush in to cuff him. You get hit in the lower left arm, but the bullet passes straight through.
The cops don't seem to be paying attention to you at all now, as the driver puts up quite the fight.

Jett
"Don't move! Sir, get down on your knees and face the bus!"

boomwolf
2008-03-08, 02:56 PM
((flesh wound, or penetration?))

If flesh- bakios screams "Damn it! you shot me! I'm a damn hostage!"

If the bullet penetrated, bakios naturally falls down and yells "Somebody help me! I'm bleeding to death!"

In any case, he is being as dramatic as possible.

deepsear
2008-03-08, 03:58 PM
Reldez picks himself up from the floor, holding his head.

"What... the... hell? Argh... Would someone like to explain what is happening?"

As he hears shouts outside, he drops to the floor and covers his head.

"Baddaybaddaybadday..."

He gropes for the lockblade knife clipped inside of his pants, and also checks on what condition his mp3 player and cell phone are in.

Little Toe
2008-03-08, 10:08 PM
Lundi sees the two hitchikers and Michaël get out of the bus.

"Merd*.. I need to get ze hell out of ere!"

She follows after them. (Hopefully) Joining them in the fields, unspotted since the police is now pretty busy with chasing after the others.

Nibleswick
2008-03-08, 10:49 PM
Dang, I think your right!
Henry follows after her, stopping only to pick up his hat from the ground.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-09, 04:44 AM
Michaël

He asks for the two hitchhikers to wait for just a minute. Whether anyone has joined them during this time or spotted them, they start moving with a brisk pace towards the gas station, trying to remain concealed.

(What time is it -my character has a watch-, and when did the bus pick us up?)

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-09, 12:04 PM
boomwolf
((Penetration, I'm afraid))
You roll over the floor dramatically, writhing in pain. As soon as the driver is subdued, a cop comes over to cuff you. The two others take the driver back to the road.

deepsear
Your stuff is fine.

El_Frenchie, Little Toe, Nibleswick & two hitchhikers
You manage to make your way to the gas station. A towtruck drives by as you arrive. There is a small store, toilets at the back, but they're locked, and some gaspumps. There's a single big truck parked in the parking lot. Michaël looks at his watch. The bus picked you up at about eight in the morning. It is now half past three in the afternoon.

A helicopter with a red cross on it arrives at the crash scene. A stretcher is lowered and Michael (mf11) is put on it by the cops.

boomwolf
2008-03-09, 12:07 PM
Bakios screams "What the heck? you try to kill a hostage and now you arrest him? I am soooo suing your ass when this is over!", but not resisting.

((damn, I hope these ARE cops.))

ForzaFiori
2008-03-09, 12:15 PM
Finally! At least EMTs know what the hell their doing. Maybe you damn cops will get lucky and I wont die. Michael says, as he is loaded onto the stretcher.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-09, 12:19 PM
boomwolf
Bakios is escorted to the stretcher as well, which is lowered one more time after picking up Michael. The cop puts you on it and you are hauled up.

A towtruck arrives and parks next to the bus. Trent (Jett) is escorted to the police cars, as is Alan (Reptilius).

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-09, 12:26 PM
Trent
((Have I been Cuffed?))
Trent makes no resistance to the cops and is easily escorted to the police car. He winks at Alan in a way that only Alan notices.

boomwolf
2008-03-09, 12:39 PM
((Can't I talk before I get to that?))

On the way to the stretcher bakios says to the cop "Let me get my bag will you?"

((Do I have handcuffs on or not anyway?))

Eldan
2008-03-09, 01:01 PM
Andrew decides that this is now the time for action. He slowly crawls out of the front of the bus, trying to look as confused and disoriented as possible.
With one hand on the bus and one on his head, he turns round to the police, and then, slightly overexaggerating his english accent, he asks:
"Wh... what happened here? Were did our driver go?"

El_Frenchie
2008-03-09, 04:19 PM
Michaël

"Alright, let's see if we can take a lift with one of those tow trucks that bring gas to petrol stations. This seems like a fairly busy highway, there must be one coming down here once in a while. We can still get information about St Joseph Town and how far it is, as well as take a look at a map. They probably have a map in here."

He enters the gas station and asks the clerk there whether any petrol-carrier trucks come in to refill the station. He and his friends need to get to St Joseph Town in a hurry. Anyone able to give them a lift if they go in that direction would be great. He does mention a helicopter above and something about an extreme tv reality show, but he doesn't go into details.

He then checks maps if they are in display or by flipping through pages if there are any for sale. He knows where St Joseph town is on a map, he just doesn't know where he, himself, is at the moment.

"Anyone, if you have any other ideas, time to throw it in."

((Oh wait, my bad, did you mean everything was closed? When I first read it, got the impression that only the toilets were locked. :smalltongue: ))

----((if it is closed))----

"Alright, first things first we need to find out where we are. When we do, we can get a sense of distance. Then... I suggest we move further away before going to the other side of the road. That's where we'll get a lift... if anyone wants to give it to us. Oh, and we've been travelling for 7 hours and 30 minutes. Meaning we can probably calculate how much distance we've traveled."

He doesn't finish his sentence. Michaël goes to the back to examine the truck.

What kind of truck is it? How many people could fit in? He also looks for any windows that might be opened and tries to open the door to the driver's seat providing there's no-one in there.

He also takes a good look around. And asks everyone that came with him to find the name of the highway, maybe the region they were in, as well as the top speed limit on the highway.

"Oh, and please concentrate. When did we get on the highway? A few minutes after the ride started? Half an hour? An hour?"

deepsear
2008-03-09, 05:17 PM
Revlieved that his 120$ player is not damaged, Ian follows Andrew's lead, getting out of the bus looking as though he was in as much pain as humanly possible.

"Owoo! Y-yeah, what's going on?"

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-09, 05:19 PM
Three of the cops enter the wreckage of the bus.
"Is everyone okay in here?"

Jett
The cops cuffed you, yes.
You and Alan are put into the back of a cop car at the end of the bunch of cars. The cops don't enter the car yet though, simply locking it. One of them returns to the wreck, while the other stays with the car, looking in the direction of the wreck.

boomwolf
The cops cuffed you, yes.
"We can't remove anything from the crime scene, sir. We'll have to look into things properly first"
The helicopter leaves with you and Michael. It seems to be headed for the nearby town. There's a single medic with you and a pilot.

Eldan & deepsear
The cops see you as you exit the wreckage.
"We've got another one, boys!" one yells, drawing his gun. The others don't take out their guns but walk up to you and ask you to come with them.
You can see a man hooking a towtruck up to the wreckage, and some cops entering the bus.

As I said, there's only one truck at the gas station. The truck that passed by was heading along the highway in the wrong direction. Further traffic is blocked off by the wreckage of the bus. Oh, and only the toilets were locked.

The clerk is watching a television which hangs from the ceiling of the store. The news is on, and they're showing footage of the bus wreckage. The cops seem to be entering the wreckage, and the towtruck that drove by earlier is being hooked to the bus. The only other person in the store seems to be a fat trucker. He's leaning into the counter and watching the news as well.
"So close to my shop..." the clerk mumbles. There's plenty of maps for sale in the store, and lots of other goods. Browsing the maps makes you conclude you're near Stone Point, a town somewhere between Saint Joseph and San Gregor, but a lot nearer to Saint Joseph.

The trucker is going in the opposite direction of Saint Joseph, which makes sense because this is the lane going away from Saint Joseph, not towards it.
The truck he's driving is a big red cargotruck. the back is only covered with cloth, but the front is locked, off course.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-09, 05:29 PM
Trent
((Do you want us to spoiler things for people that arn't with us or shall we just leave it out? Everyone reads spoilers anyway!))
Trent turns to Alan, he smiles and says to him; Hey! Don't worry I've been in worse scrapes than this, the moment we can get out I'll let you know and we can get on this! Hopefully they'll takes in the right direction eh?

deepsear
2008-03-09, 05:38 PM
Ian, wanting to avoid anything to do with the police, quickly attempts to make some kind of scene to escape.

"Dear lord, man! I can't wait for anything! My wife is in labor, and I owe the Saint Joseph bank several thousand dollars, so if someone could please drive me to the Saint Joseph hospital, please!"

His face grows intensely piteous, and he uses all of his acting charm on the cops. He darts his eyes from cop to cop, pleading silently.

Little Toe
2008-03-09, 07:07 PM
Lundi walks into the shop and takes a quick chance to introduce herself to the hitchikers as well as the man who followed her, with a polite but dry smile.

"Hi, not best ov time I suppoze, but I'm Lundi Jarrett." She extends a quick hand to all three people.

She waits for a reply ((if any)) and asks everyone, with a stern look on her face.

"Do any ov you ave any money? I only ave nothing I'm afraid.."

Nibleswick
2008-03-09, 07:25 PM
Um, hi, I'm Henry Doyle. I suppose that we could just ask the clerk how far it is to ST. Joseph, but anyway it'll be to far to walk in ten days. Hmm, small towns like this Stone Point don't usually have taxi services, um, but they always have some one selling an old beat up vehicle of some kind.

Henry turns away from the group to looks for a local newspaper of some kind.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-09, 08:07 PM
Michaël

"How far is the next petrol station on the opposite side of the road?" He asks the clerk.

Little Toe
2008-03-09, 08:24 PM
Lundi walks up to the truck driver, hiding her utter disgust at his macho-ness. But being a truck driver he'd be bound to know where everything was or at least have a general idea and more importantly how they could get there, so for the moment being she'd have to put aside her views.

"Excuze me sir! Would you know by any chance how far we are from Saint Jozeph Town, and how we could pozibly get vere?"

boomwolf
2008-03-10, 01:19 AM
"Ho come on! you shot me! and you know I'm a hostage! what harm could happen?" mutters bakios ((again before they even pull him up. sheesh these guys are annoying.))

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-10, 02:15 AM
The wreck is being pulled aside by the tow truck. Traffic will be able to pass soon.

Jett & Reptilius
Alan nods. The cop comes over to the car and enters. You see a police van arrive. Some of the other contestants are put in it by the cops.

deepsear & Eldan
They've apparently heard this excuse before. You are escorted to the police van together with the contestants who still were in the bus and Andrew (Eldan). the black man that had been quite the whole ride whispers something to a cop, who nods and lets him go. He walks over to one of the vehicles at the front of the traffic jam, has a chat with the driver, and then enters.

Little Toe
"Saint Joseph town, little lady?" the trucker asks, "That's about half a day's drive when you're going full speed. With ma truck, it takes me a full day, or more when traffic's bad"

Nibleswick
You find a paper called The Stone Pointer. It's only about eight pages. Some local accidents are mentioned, the minister of the church apparently has a column and there's an article about the re-opening of the library. The last four pages are ads and obituaries.

El_Frenchie
The clerck looks up from the TV.
"Oh, customers? Now how did you get hee, with that accident 'n all? If you've abandoned your car, I'd best get back there, they're towing the wreck. The next petrol station? Well, that'd be at the Stone Point exit. Bit of a walk back, honestly. Not safe, you know, walking on the highway"

boomwolf & mf11
Bakios has been taken away in the helicopter already. It has landed on top of a hospital in the nearby town, and you are both being rushed to surgery.

Nycthemeron, LostOne, black haired guy and rich guy
You are all escorted to the police van. Only the black guy seems to be able to get away by saying something to the police officers.

Little Toe
2008-03-10, 02:45 AM
"Thank you for zat informazion! And erm, you wouldn't be going dat way by any chance or know how we could get zere?" Feeling clearly annoyed at being called a 'little lady'

boomwolf
2008-03-10, 04:45 AM
Bakios tells to one of the doctors "Get someone to get my bag will you?"

El_Frenchie
2008-03-10, 06:49 AM
Michaël

"Alright, thanks for your time!"

Going to warn the others, he gathers everyone up.

"Alright, we have several options here. We can go to Stone Point first. If we go at a brisk pace, we could -maybe- get there tonight. It's quite a long walk, but that's the closest city on the map."

He settles a bit, continuing his explanation as calm as possible.

"Once we get to Stone Point, we have -again- choices to make. We can ask for a lift, get money to buy a bus ride, or rest a bit. Another thing: They are going to tow away our bus. I don't know whether they are going to empty it before hand. In any case, it's likely the towing truck comes from Stone Point."

He looks at everyone.

"There is a chance, if very slim, that we may be able to get our luggage back over there as we prepare to go to St. Joseph."

"Is there anything else anyone of you found out?" He addresses the hitchhikers, Lundi (after she's done with the driver) and Henry.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-10, 09:07 AM
Nicholas seems to break out of his stupor, snapping into action he flicks his dirtied hair out of his eyes and focuses himself on the police officers escorting him away. "Excuse me officer, as I am sure everybody says this is just a misunderstanding. I wonder if you could allow me to place a telephone call, I hold a diplomatic passport and must talk to my ambassador."

Lets hope Daddy can talk to the man in washington and persuade them that the diplobrat passport still counts. Otherwise we're on to plan B and I don't like that one.

Eldan
2008-03-10, 09:13 AM
Andrew follows the policemen without any furthercomments or any resistance.

Reptilius
2008-03-10, 04:42 PM
Alan

Alan sits quietly in the police car, going over the situation. Die in less than 20 days, going to be arrested for Galaxy-knows-how-long, ...that sums it up. <I don't have to put up with this! I'm a scientist! Maybe I can distract the police long enough to get the upper hand.> Speaking to the policeman, he says, "Excuse me, officer! My insulin is in my luggage. If I'm going to be in custody for a while, I'll need it." He gives Trent a quick, meaningful glance.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-10, 05:25 PM
Alan catches this glance and gets ready to make a potential move...

((Are my hands handcuffed behind my back or in front of me? and is there only the one police officer in the car?))

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-10, 05:45 PM
Little Toe
"Lookee here now, you really think I'd be in a parkin' lot on the highway leadin' away from Saint Joseph town if I was headin' there? I'd gladly give a ride to a pretty little thing like you, but I'm bound for San Gregor"

boomwolf
You see Michael dissapear into a different surgery room. The doctor doesn't pay any attention to your babbling and places a mask on your face.
"Now count down from ten to one, slowly" he says. The room fades.

mf11
A mask is places on your face quite roughly. You can feel yourself slipping into a deep sleep.

El_Frenchie, Nibleswick & two hitchhikers
Traffic starts passing by on the highway. A couple of cars pull over, eager to get out of their car and buy some refreshments. The news ends and a show about funny home videos starts on the television. The silent black man who was on the bus with you steps out of one of the cars too. He seems to be having a discussion with the woman who was driving it.

Another car pulls over. A cop car this time. One of the cops gets out and comes over to the store. Inside the car are Trent(Jett) and Alan(Reptilius). As people enter the store, the trucker asks for the key to the bathroom and exits.

Nycthemeron
"That's what they all say, sir. You don't have it on you, so you're probably lying. In any case, you'll get your phonecall at the Stone Point jail"

Nycthemeron, Eldan, LostOne, deepsear black haired guy and rich guy
You are put in the police van at the end of the bunch of cars. Since the bus has been towed off the road, the cars take off, and so does the police van. The cop turns on the sirens and it heads for Stone Point at high speed.

You then notice that the bus' driver is in the van too, unconscious.

Reptilius & Jett
The second cop enters the car.
"Gotta take off, Gary, the bus has been towed off the road"
"Gary" looks at Alan.
"We can't go to the bus now, but we'll buy you some candy bars at the next gas station"

You drive off but immediately pull over at the gas station. "Gary" gets out and heads for the store. Outside, the black guy who was on the bus is having a discussion with some woman.

((Oh, and your hands are indeed behing your backs, Jett & Reptilius)

ForzaFiori
2008-03-10, 05:47 PM
As he's being rushed to surgery, Michael stops the anesthesiologist's hand, and speaks to the doctor. Dr, this is going to sound VERY odd, but you must believe me. On the bus I came from, myself and all the others were poisoned with some sort of gas, and it should have us dead in 20 days. Please sir, while your in there check for any adverse effects, and run my blood through a filter. If you dont find anything, then get me out of here as quickly as possible. There is an antidote for it in a safety deposit box in Saint Joseph.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-10, 05:55 PM
Trent
Trent makes an anguished noise and speaks to the second cop;
Uhh.. Officer I think I'm gonna be sick... I don't think bus crashes agree with me... Can I get some air?

El_Frenchie
2008-03-11, 05:40 AM
Michaël

Looking at everyone else, Michaël simply continues looking through the shelves, just like a normal customer would, waiting for the policeman to leave the premises.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-11, 08:46 AM
Nicholas bites his lips hard and with teeth only slightly gritted he replys to the policeman. "Of course officer, thank you anyway, may I ask how long to Stone Point and what you expect we shall be charged with?"

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-11, 03:09 PM
I remind you of the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74433) where you need to post your character sheet and your inventory updates.

mf11
The surgeon nods. You're not sure if he understood or if he is merely shushing you.

Bakios & mf11
You wake up after surgery. Your arms have been wrapped in bandage and seem fine now. You're each in a bed in the hospital, and a police officer is sitting in a chair opposite to you. Your stuff (the things you had in your pockets) and clothes are next to you on chairs. He smiles as you wake up.
"Good, you're up. I'll have to ask you some questions, and then I'll leave. You can then relax for a couple of days, the doctors say they'd like to keep you under surveillance a bit. They were talking about exercising your arms, I believe. Anyways, my questions:
What happened to make the bus crash?
Who fired the gun?
How many of you were there on the bus, including the driver?
Did everyone have luggage, and did you?"

Reptilius & Jett
"I don't feel like cleaning out the car again. Sure, c'mon. But don't try anything, I've got my eye on you"
The cop exits the car and opens the door on Trent's side. He helps him exit without hitting his head and locks up the car with Alan in it. Should Trent stray from the car though, the cop will draw his gun. The black man looks at Trent and seems to recognise him, but he then just continues arguing with the woman.

El_Frenchie, Nibleswick, Little Toe & two hitchhikers
The cop quickly buys some candy bars and then exits. The store is now crowded with people who had been stuck in the traffic jam. The black man continues to argue outside, and Trent is let out of the car by the cop. The trucker still hasn't returned from the bathroom.

Nycthemeron
"I don't think any of you will be charged, unless one of you caused the bus crash, or lies to us"

Nycthemeron, Eldan, LostOne, deepsear, black haired guy and rich guy
You all arrive at the Stone Point police office. The driver is left in the van and it takes off as soon as you exit. You are all stripsearched by the cops and then you are taken to separate interrogation rooms. These are the questions you are asked:
"What happened to make the bus crash?
Who fired the gun?
Remember that you can't confer and agree on a particular story together. I would like everyone to answer these question and this team won't be able to continue until everyone has. Please don't make people wait by not posting. If anyone doesn't post within two days, they will be NPCed, badly.

boomwolf
2008-03-11, 04:17 PM
Bakios yawns and says "I'd love to say and rest, but I have a final condition and I only got a few days left anyhow, not spending these in here. I'm out right after you."

After a short thought he answers "Wait, you DIDN'T jet my luggage? I told like eleven guys to get it for me.
In any case, I think everyone had one, and we were about a fifteen, an the one to fire was the damn driver. when we figured we are being kidnapped one of the guys attacked the driver and he lost control."

After looking for something to drink he adds "If you could get my luggage it will be great, I promised my old man to help fixing the roof before I'm going to the other side, and my nailgun and gloves are in it.

((Come on, you don't expect me to say the truth and by stuck there do you? I'm a criminal anyway.))

Eldan
2008-03-11, 05:27 PM
Andrew smiles politely.

"Ah, yes, of course.
There were about sixteen people on the bus, plus the driver. I've never seen them before.
He was the one who fired the gun, I don't know why.
Now, the bus crashed when one of the passagers tried to stop him from shooting us, and knocked him out. He collapsed on the steering wheel and the bus went out of control."

OoC: Those who were in the bus with me: I already told you a short version of the story ingame, before we left the bus.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-11, 06:56 PM
Man, do you really think i sit and count the people on busses? I got better things to do with my time. The drivers the one that started shooting though. Not sure why the bus crashed, I was too busy trying to keep from bleeding out. I think the driver was knocked back onto the wheel or something, cause i heard a punch land and then the bus jerked. Yea, I had some luggage on the bus. Any chance i'll be getting it back?

Reptilius
2008-03-11, 08:07 PM
Alan pats his pocket to check where his utility knife is.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-11, 09:21 PM
Trent
Trent leans over and groans...
Ughhhh... I feel so rough... Any chance of getting in the toilet? I don't wanna be sick on the forecourt here... Do you?
Trent feels a plan coming on.....

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-12, 04:09 AM
Some of you are forgetting to answer about the luggage.

Reptilius
It's still there.

Jett
"No, we're not moving. As long as you're not sick in the car, I don't care. Besides, you don't look all that sick"

Reptilius & Jett
The cop who went to buy the candybars exits the store and walks towards the car.

Little Toe
2008-03-12, 04:42 AM
Lundi looks somewhat relieved the policeman is gone, and turns to the others

"So what ze hell do we do know? Should we try to hitch a ride?"

El_Frenchie
2008-03-12, 05:23 AM
((By the way, Nigma, how are the cops on the same side of the road? Or is there an overhead bridge? I mean, we were going back on our tracks, and if they're on this side of the road, have they been driving against traffic?))

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-12, 07:27 AM
((By the way, Nigma, how are the cops on the same side of the road? Or is there an overhead bridge? I mean, we were going back on our tracks, and if they're on this side of the road, have they been driving against traffic?))

((No, you've continued along the road. You wouldn't be able to cross is since traffic is still going on the other side. You were first planning on heading out into the fields, but reconsidered when you saw the gas station, remember? This is why the truck driver isn't heading for Saint Joseph town, nor is anyone else. You're on the wrong side of the road and there isn't an immediate way to get to the other side of the road. This area wasn't meant for pedestrians))

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-12, 09:06 AM
Trent
OOC; This is gonna be risky, I am drawing completely on the fact my main talent is fighting... This is IC though, Trent hates the police and he has many reasons to do this....

IC;
Trent makes various groaning noises until the other cop comes close enough, the moment one turns his back, Trent turns to the closest one to him, he tries to headbutt him and knee him in the groin, if this is sucessful he then charges towards the other cop and shoulder barges him with all his strength.

OOC; This is risky....

boomwolf
2008-03-12, 09:55 AM
((Me an mf11 answered all questions, but got no response.))

Nycthemeron
2008-03-12, 11:06 AM
Nicholas sighs and sinks down with relief. "Mother Mary thank you. I don't suppose I could have a cigarette could I? There are some in my pocket."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-12, 02:01 PM
((Me an mf11 answered all questions, but got no response.))

Well, you both sidestepped the question about the luggage, actually, and mf11 didn't even say if he had any at all.

Nycthemeron
The cops still need you to answer those questions. They'll give you your smoke.

Jett
The cops don't turn their backs on you, and they don't approach when you wheeze and grunt. They are no rookees. The one coming from the store enters the car, and the other one asks you to re-enter it.

Eldan
2008-03-12, 03:19 PM
Andrew continues, after the policemen reminds him of the missing question:
"Yes, right. I had a full bad in the luggage compartment. It has my name on a tag. I think all of the others had bags too, but I can't guarantee that."

Reptilius
2008-03-12, 03:20 PM
Alan

Alan, heart pounding, reaches into his pocket and pulls out his craft knife. You never knew when you would need to cut something. <I never thought I would pull a knife on a cop. Then again, I never thought I would have twenty days to live.> "For science," he says with a humorless grin.

deepsear
2008-03-12, 03:35 PM
Ian looks the cop straight in the eye.

""What happened to make the bus crash? Well, I got on the bus real early. I moved near the back, put in my headphones, and kinda zoned out. Didn't really get a count on how many people were on. When I did look up, when there was a disturbance at the front, I think I saw about 10 people? Probably more. Anyway, there was a disturbance at the front of the bus, and I saw the driver with a gun! Someone approached the front to, I dunno, keep us from getting killed or hijacked or whatever this driver had in mind, and the bus driver loses control. In his panic, he pulls the trigger and blows out the window. He doesn't get the bus control back, and we crash.

Luggage? Yeah. I had some luggage. Think I saw a few other people put some on too. Couldn't name any names, I didn't pay attention or talk to anyone. Anyway, I have some camping gear. Was gonna come down here to camp out. Been forever since I was in Boy Scouts."

He furrows his brow in anxiety.

"Now I really need to go check on my wife. Are we done?"

Nibleswick
2008-03-12, 06:12 PM
I think hitchhiking is a bad idea, it's suspicious, and it's illegal. I think we should walk into Stone Point, find someone selling a car, and buy it. All we have to do is ask to take it on a test drive, get some cash out of an ATM, pay the person, and leave. We can look through the adds in this paper as we're walking.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-12, 06:19 PM
Michaël

He sighs slightly, and nods. As soon as the cops move out of the area, they follow the direction they're going towards Stone Point.

"I never said we'd hitchhike all the way back to St Joseph!" He smiles, and chuckles. "I'm a terrible hitch hiker."

They stay a bit off the road as they walk.

"Well, to Stone Point then."

LostOne27
2008-03-12, 08:29 PM
Justin didn't really come out of the daze he was in until he got to the police station and they started asking him questions. He'd managed to hit his head pretty hard when the driver lost control.

"Well, officer. I, uhh, I think there were just over a dozen people on the bus. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention. You see, we all signed up for this new game show, "High Stakes." We had no idea how high. Anyway, everyone I saw brought a luggage bag, they were all in the bottom of the bus. The bus crashed right after...well...after we all panicked. You see, everyone in that bus was poisoned...it's lethal in 20 days. Unless we can get to...crap, I forget what town. There's an antidote in a safe-deposit box there. Ummm, I don't remember any shots...must've happened when I was out. The driver is the one who pulled the gun, though."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-12, 08:56 PM
Nycthemeron, Eldan, LostOne, deepsear, black haired guy and rich guy
Nycthemeron (is there a short version of that? :smallconfused: ) just needs to answer his questions and then you can get going.

The hitchhikers decide to hitchhike to Stone Point.
"It's faster, safer, less tiring and it attracts less attention. We're not going to go on a walk next to the highway for a couple of hours"
They exit the store and walk up to a car. They seem to have no trouble getting a ride and leave. You all decide to walk instead. It's going to be a long walk, but there's a bridge in the distance where you can probably cross the highway.

Reptilius & Jett
The cop insists Trent gets in the car, putting one hand on his gun. The cop inside the car puts the candybars in the glove compartiment and looks at Trent, wondering what will happen next. Suddenly the black man who was still arguing outside grabbed something out of the woman's hands, entered the car and drove off.
"Stop him! Can't somebody stop him? He's stolen my car!"
This seems to distract the cops for a bit. Trent tackles the cop and kicks him in the groin. The other one exits the car and draws his gun.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-12, 09:44 PM
Trent
Trent Raises his leg over the head of the cop he kneed in the groin (I'm presuming he fell, I would!) And says;
Don't! Put the gun away or I'll stomp onhis head. Have you seen these boots? PUT THE GUN AWAY!
Trent shoots a meaningful look at Alan.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-12, 10:04 PM
Well, you both sidestepped the question about the luggage, actually, and mf11 didn't even say if he had any at all.

The luggage answer has been edited into my post.

boomwolf
2008-03-13, 12:56 AM
Mine have been there all along.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-13, 04:19 AM
Jett
The cop doesn't move, but he's still pointing the gun at you.
"Step away from him! You're only making this worse!"
You remember that the back of the car is locked. Getting help from Alan seems unlikely.

mf11 & boomwolf
"All right, I'll be going then. Thank you for your time. If you want your luggage back, you'll have to head by the impound here in Stone Point. There's no rush though, they only sell the stuff after a month"

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-13, 04:38 AM
Trent
Trent stays firm playing the cop.
Unlock and let the other guy go. Or I will stomp. Do it. I could kill him....
Trent is hoping this works.

boomwolf
2008-03-13, 07:32 AM
"As said, I have only little time left to live, three weeks max. mind giving me a lift there? don't feel like riding a bus right now." says bakios and he starts putting on his cloths.

((loled, but out my char name with another game with jett by mistake.))

El_Frenchie
2008-03-13, 09:12 AM
Michaël

The group traveling with Michaël goes atop the overhead bridge in the distance and go to the other side of the road.

"Alright, we've got a choice of either going to Stone point or St joseph. Stone Point sounds like a better idea, but we can still try to hitch a ride to St Joseph on the way there. This is the good side of the road, and I don't think there's lots of other cities in between, so maybe someone will be kind enough to drive us a bit of the way."

He pauses.

"In any case, let's get going."

Michaël and the group walk towards Stone Point. Michaël himself is trying to hitch a ride back directly to St Joseph. If he can't find one, or one that will bring him fairly close to it, he will simply go with the group to Stone Point.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-13, 12:02 PM
[ooc: Yes, just use Nyc. Sorry to hold everybody up.]

Nicholas drags heavily on his cigarette, "I honestly don't know what happened on the Bus, it was all so confusing. About a dozen of us got on, nobody knew each other. Some strange characters too. Then we drove out across countryside and well, Maximilian Burns appeared and told us about the game we all entered, a reality TV show. Then he said he'd poisoned us all and everything went mad.

The driver had a gun, he was going to do, I don't know what, I mean we're supposed to be playing a game? Then a man I didn't know tried to stop him and the driver crashed the bus, I didn't see who fired, I presume the driver or the man.

We all had luggage, I had a suitcase full of things, trying to plan for any contingency. My diplomatic passport is in there too." Nicholas sighs, exhaling the last of the cigarette away from the policeman. "I thought this was going to be reality television not a shoot out at the OK Corral."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-13, 03:32 PM
Nyc, Eldan, LostOne, deepsear, black haired guy and rich guy
"You're all free to go. You might want to pass by the impound to pick up your stuff. Here's proof you're allowed to enter. It's two blocks over. Good luck"

Jett
A crowd has gathered around you now. The owner of the store came out carrying a shotgun.
"Don't be foolish. I can blow you down before you even notice it. We just prefer to keep people alive here in Stone Point. Give up, or die"

boomwolf
"Sure, I'll give you a ride. The other one ahd better stay in the hospital though"
The cop takes you to the parking lot of the hospital after you dress.

You're still on the wrong side of the road, you know. It wasn't a pedestrian bridge. You arrive in Stone Point though. It's a small, quiet town, but it has a mall, a hospital, three churches and more.

Eldan
2008-03-13, 03:43 PM
"Thank you very much."
Andrew prepares to leave and get his stuff.
"Oh, by the way: what would be the fastest way to get back to Saint Joseph? I've had enough of this trip."

boomwolf
2008-03-13, 04:37 PM
"Tnx mate" says bakios as he follows the (first-time-in-this-game) friendly officer "What a day, at least I'm dying with style." he says these words with an amused voice, but a grim face.

How on earth is he to get both the antidote and the cure for his sickness?

((Technically if this was DnD I would not need a bluff check, as I AM dying, and I do have a fatal condition.))

ForzaFiori
2008-03-13, 06:01 PM
When can i get out of this hospital? I have a very, very urgent appointment in 20 days, like its a life or death situation. I need to get my luggage and get back to st. Joseph ASAP.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-13, 07:10 PM
Trent
Trent is starting to get desperate, All right, I'll stop, but you've gotta let the other guy go, he's done nothing wrong. The crash was my fault. Let him go and you don't have to shoot me and you don't have to have any more trouble.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-13, 08:26 PM
Eldan
"Fastest way to Saint Joseph is probably taking the bus, but you'd probably want to avoid that now. Maybe you could rent a car?"

mf11 & boomwolf
"I could give you a ride to the impound too, but I can't take either of you all the way to Saint Joseph, off course. Anyways, it's probably best to stay in the hospital unless it's literally life or death". The cop laughs. He then leaves in his car driving Bakios to the impound. Michael can come too.

The impound is a big concrete hangar with an office out front. The officer leaves you there. There is a clerk at the office, and he asks you for the cards the officer gave you. He then takes you inside, to a small room where 15 bags are stacked. There is an officer waiting there.
"Please, do pick out your bags" the clerk says.

Jett
"I'm not letting anyone go, but you had best step back from my colleague"
You hear sirens in the distance. The cop glances over his shoulder and curses under his breath.

Reptilius
2008-03-13, 08:34 PM
Alan

Alan watches the scene unfolding outside. He kicks the door repeatedly, to try and get out to help Trent. What he would do, he doesn't know, but he would think of something.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-13, 09:24 PM
Michael walks up and finds his bag from the pile. He waits for Bakios to get his, then asks him quietly so, how do u wanna get back to Saint Joseph?

Nycthemeron
2008-03-13, 10:27 PM
Nicholas thanks the policeman politely as he practically spins out of the chair. As he waits at the impound to get his things he taps his fingers on the counter weighing up one and another of two options. Falling on one side he smiles at the policeperson on duty and asks, "How can I get to Saint Joseph quickly, is there a train, helicopter, light aeroplane?"

boomwolf
2008-03-14, 01:04 AM
Bakios quickly takes his bag, and looks for a random unmarked bag to take as well. ((Second thought, not very smart.))
He turns to Michael and says "Texi? got money? I don't feel like bus-riding now."

LostOne27
2008-03-14, 02:01 AM
Justin thanked the officer as he took the card. He headed down to the impound to grab his stuff, trying to figure out what to do once he was there.

Well, ok. Don't panic. What do you know? You're dying. There's an antidote back in Saint Joseph, in who knows what bank under who knows what name with who knows what account number. The psycho was sending you to San Grey, or something like that. So...to Saint Joseph or on to this San Grey place hoping there's more clues there?

Justin absentmindedly turns his card over to the security guard at the impound, and goes in to grab his bag.

If he sees anyone else there he'll approach them and identify himself, asking if there were on the bus too.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-14, 05:31 AM
((Did trent hear the cop swaer under his breath?))

El_Frenchie
2008-03-14, 06:50 AM
Michaël

Asking around, he tries to find out where the tow truck brought the bus.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-14, 02:15 PM
Day 1, Evening

Reptilius
The door doesn't open, but you manage to attract the cop's attention.
"Stop that!"

Jett
((Yeah, you heard him swear, but you couldn't quite make out the words))
The cop looks over to Alan as he starts making a ruckus.

LostOne, boomwolf, mf11 and Nyc
Justin and Nicholas enter the impound, accompanied by the clerk. The clerk returns to his desk and elaves them with the cop. You all have your bags back now.

El_Frenchie, Little Toe and Nibleswick
A local gives you directions to the police impound. He does mention that you probably won't be able to get in without the proper papers though.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-14, 02:58 PM
Trent
Trent looks at the cop.a
I think he wants to get out, you should probably let him out. Also, I missed what you said.
Trent manages to sound slightly smug depite his situation

deepsear
2008-03-14, 04:02 PM
Reldez goes to the impound to claim his luggage, then heads outside to call a cab. He directs it to the police station, and asks it to head to the Saint Joseph Bank. Before the cab arrives, he flips through his wallet to see if he has enough money for the trip.

Little Toe
2008-03-14, 07:09 PM
Lundi looks at the others,

"I think zat person iz right, without ze paperwork we will not be able to get in! Zis iz a lovely town but I don't think zat we should linger here too long guyz!"

Nibleswick
2008-03-15, 02:10 AM
Is the luggage that important? I still think that we should find an ATM, get some cash, buy an old junker from someone, *brandishes newspaper*, and get the heck outa Dodge as they say.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-15, 02:56 AM
Michaël

Well, if anyone has a card with them, I don't have my french one. I doubt I could take any money out here in the states. And probably Lundi can't either, nodding to the woman.

Eldan
2008-03-15, 04:35 AM
Andrew nods.
"I think I'll actually try the bus. It's still one of the fastest, cheapest and safest methods."
He leaves, gets his luggage and then takes the bus back to Saint Josephs.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-15, 08:25 AM
The sun begins to set.

Jett
"Just shoot him already!" the store owner yells, and then the cop cars arrive.
"Step back from my colleague!" the cop yells, "This is your last warning!"

deepsear
You have just about enough money to pay for this long ride, but then you'll only have very little money left afterwards. Will you take the cabride anyways?

You now have your luggage back, by the way, and you met Justin, Nicholas, Bakios and Michael inside the impound.

El_Frenchie, Little Toe & Nibleswick
There's three cars for sale in The Stone Pointer. There's a classic white Dodge muscle car, an old pick up truck and some car a frat guy made out of pieces of other cars.

Eldan
A bus ticket is reasonably priced, but since you don't have any money on you, even that will be a problem. The next bus only leaves at about noon tomorrow though, so you have time to come up with the money. You now have your luggage back, by the way, and you met Justin, Nicholas, Bakios and Michael inside the impound.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-15, 09:30 AM
Michael leaves the impound lot, and starts walking through the town looking for anywhere that has a car he might be able to get.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-15, 10:29 AM
Nicholas takes his bags and rootles through pulling out a satellite phone. Heading outside the police station he slumps against the wall, lights up and hangs his head in his hands counting slowly under his breath, " . . . eight, nine, ten." He throws his head up, wipes his eyes, flicks his hair out of his face and dials directory enquiries. "Operator, thank you, could you put me through to a private helicopter hire company?"

LostOne27
2008-03-15, 11:26 AM
Justin nods to everyone else. "Anyone want to split a fare back to Saint Joseph? Or got a line on something faster?"

Nycthemeron
2008-03-15, 12:25 PM
Nicholas puts his hand over the mouthpiece briefly as he looks over to Justin. "I'm working on a chopper."

Eldan
2008-03-15, 02:39 PM
"I would share a ride, if I had any money. I don't suppose you could invite me? However, I don't. Also, there's a bus line, leaving tomorrow."

Nycthemeron
2008-03-15, 02:53 PM
Holding the phone between his ear and shoulder Nicholas rummages through the bag, pulling out a pen and pad he scrawls, If I can get one, I'll take as many as can fit in.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-16, 03:56 AM
mf11
You find a carsalesman. There's also plenty of parking lots, off course, but those cars belong to people and are more than likely locked.

Nyc
"We could send a chopper over, but it'd have to come over from Saint Joseph town. And it's gonna cost you a pretty penny too"
A helicopter would fit four or five people at most by the way (excluding the pilot).

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-16, 06:49 AM
Trent
Trent, in the face of the clearly high danger, stands down;
Fine. I'm not dying today. Trent's ego crushed he steps back from the cop on the floor, not before a slight kick to his midriff.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-16, 10:44 AM
((is said carsalesman outside with his cars?))

boomwolf
2008-03-17, 02:46 AM
((no internet on my comp, using public now, so I might be a bit slow for a few days.))

Bakios asks the clerk "Say, how to I get to Saint Joseph town bank ASAP?"

LostOne27
2008-03-17, 06:40 AM
Justin nods towards Nic, then plops down beside him. He starts rummaging through his bag, checking to make sure everything's there.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-17, 08:10 AM
Day 1, Night

Jett & Reptilius
Trent is kicked in the ribs a bit and then tossed into the cop car. In the policestation in Stone Point they search both of you, revealing drugs on Trent. Before he is taken to a cell though both he and Alan are separately questioned. These are the questions asked:
"What happened to make the bus crash?
Who fired the gun?

mf11
They are closed right now. It's night.

boomwolf
"You could take a bus, I suppose. Or perhaps a cab"

LostOne
Yep, none of your stuff is missing.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-17, 09:30 PM
Nicholas pulls out his wallet and stubbing his cigarettes out on the groudn beside him replys to the man on his phone. "That will be fine, please send it as soon as possible." He reads out the credit card and location details before hanging up. He looks at the others, "Its an emergency account. Father pays it. Anyway it should be here as soon as possible."

Eldan
2008-03-18, 10:31 AM
Andrew smiles.
"Rich parents. Nice."
He then checks his luggage, finding that all is where he left it.

((Yes, this post is mostly to fulfill the 2 day rule. I don't have much to say atm))

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-18, 10:59 AM
Good, Eldan. Some people are neglecting it. Warnings will follow.

Day 2, Morning

Nyc
The helicopter lands in front of the impound. You and anyone you want to take (up to four other people) can enter it and fly to Saint Joseph.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-18, 12:40 PM
Trent
The bus crashed because I hit the driver, I hit the driver because he pulled a gun, he shot it! Well it all happened because supposedly we, thats the people on the bus, have been infected with a toxin which will kill us in 20 days and the toxin is in St. Joseph bank! It's for a new game show by umm that millionare, I forget his name. Burns is it? Well everyone panicked and the glass to the driver was smashed and thats when he pulled a gun.
Trent hates the police but he cooperates fully.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-18, 05:14 PM
Michaël

Michaël asks for direction to St Joseph and will start walking. He will attempt to try and hitch a ride from someone if he encounters anyone on the side of the road, in a petrol station, claiming he was in an accident and got himself lost off the road. If he finds anyone, he tells them he needs to go to St Joseph.

Nibleswick
2008-03-18, 05:22 PM
Henry wakes up and looks around ,seeing wherever it happens to be that he, and presumably the others in his group, slept. All right, wake up folks, time to find a way out of this place. His stomach gurgles. On second thought, it's time to find something to eat, then a way out of here. Hmm, I suppose it'll have to be my credit card for all of this, won't it? Ugh.

deepsear
2008-03-18, 07:23 PM
Ian listens to the other people with him, and says:

"Um, hi. I hear you guys are kinda in the same boat and need a lift. I have just enough money for a ride to the bank, and the cab can take two more if you want to pitch in. Maybe three, if we squeeze someone in the middle. Or we could even get, like, another cab or something. Just throwin' that out there.

LostOne27
2008-03-19, 10:57 AM
Justin stands up and picks up his bag, then waits for Nyc and the rest. Soon as they're headed aboard, he'll hop on unless someone stops him.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-19, 07:50 PM
Nicholas looks at Andrew with a perfectly level face, "They have their drawbacks." After that he lights up again.

When the chopper arrives Nicholas throws his things into the chopper and grabs the first seat, waving to the others he shouts over the noise of the blades, "Jump in, first come first served!

Saint Joseph Town please pilot, as close to the bank as you can."

deepsear
2008-03-19, 08:54 PM
Reldez raises an eyebrow, looks at Andrew, and gives a lopsided grin.

"That, my friend, is awesome. If no-one else objects, I'll hop on board. If you miss this, feel free to take the cab I called."

With these words, he jumps into the chopper, smiles again at andrew, and takes a window seat.

"So, what does your dad do? I didn't quite catch that."

boomwolf
2008-03-20, 01:16 AM
"Going airborn!" calls out bakios as he rushed to the chopper saying "Nice to see you guys again." to the fellows from the bus that are on it.

((still using public computers.))

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-20, 06:50 AM
boomwolf, deepsear, Nyc, LostOne
You all hop on the helicopter. It can take one more person though, so let's see if anyone else wants to come.

Jett
All of your stuff is taken from you and you get taken away to a cell and are told you will be trailed tomorrow. Charges are for possession of drugs, violence and resisting arrest.

The cell is reasonably small and only has one window with bars in front of it. Through it, you can hear an annoying buzzing. The cell has a wooden bench with some blankets for you to sleep on, a toilet in the corner with two rolls of toilet paper and a washbasin with a bar of soap and a crusty towel. They've also brought you lunch, which consists of a sandwich packed in plastic and a bottle of water. There is a security camera outside your cell filming you.

Reptilius
Alan still needs to answer those questions.

Eldan
Will you be joining the people in the helicopter?
You could do that or take the cab that has just arrived, but remember, the cab will require payment.

Nibleswick
You have, in fact, not slept since the game began. and yes, you are getting mighty hungry, so food would be welcome. You buy something at a hotdog stand (I assume that's okay with you?) and eat it up, washing it down with a soda. Will you be going with Michaël, or will you be taking a different route to Saint Joseph town?

Little Toe
Will you be joining Michaël?

El_Frenchie
You find a lonely old woman who's willing to give you a ride, but only up to two exits from here, where she will visit her sister in a nursery home. Will you take this ride?

Nycthemeron
2008-03-20, 10:30 AM
Nicholas looks back at Reldez as they crowd into the chopper, "Thats because I didn't tell you. He's the British ambassador to France. But believe me I'll have hell to pay for the cost of this."

Eldan
2008-03-20, 01:04 PM
Andrew climbs into the helicopter after the others.
"There are few things without drawbacks.", he replies, after squeezing between the others.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-20, 01:10 PM
Day 2, Noon

Nyc, boomwolf, Eldan, deepsear, LostOne
The helicopter takes off. You arrive at the edge of Saint Joseph town in no time, where the helicopter company is based. It's a short walk to the city, but there's a bus service as well. The bus even stops at the bank...Or at least...One of the banks in Saint Joseph town. The pilot told you there's three banks when you mentioned you were going there!

Reptilius
2008-03-20, 02:28 PM
Alan

"The bus crashed when we drove it off the road. The driver pulled a gun. That Burns filled the bus with toxic gas as part of his new 'reality show.' I have to get back to Saint Joseph in 19 days or else I'll die a presumably painful death."
"Like I said, the driver. We tried to get him to turn around, but he went berserk."
"Sixteen."
"I did, I assume that the others did as well."

El_Frenchie
2008-03-20, 06:30 PM
Michaël

I will take the ride. (Just waiting on Little Toe to post)

Little Toe
2008-03-21, 12:34 AM
(Sooorrryyy :smallfrown: )

Lundi joins Michael in the car.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-21, 10:55 AM
Reptilius
Alan is released and given some papers to go pick up his luggage at the impound. He's free to move around Stone Point now, but Trent has been imprisoned.

El_Frenchie & Little Toe
You take the ride and are dropped off at a petrol station two exits further. There's a trucker there offering you a ride, but Michaël will have to ride in the back.

Nibleswick
Are you going with Michaël and Lundi?

Reptilius
2008-03-21, 01:39 PM
Alan

Alan picks up his luggage from impound, then decides to take a gamble and visit the bus depot, against all precedent.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-21, 09:56 PM
Seeing the closed car dealership, Michael walks up to the lot, and looks for an older car, preferable one old enough to probably not have an alarm.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-22, 06:57 AM
Nicholas thanks the pilot and hopping out of the Helicopter starts removing baggage and helping the others down, "Great, we'll do the nearest bank first, grab a map from the office and see if we need a taxi or whether we can just walk."

LostOne27
2008-03-22, 01:26 PM
Justin hops out of the chopper after Nic then turns around and helps Nic get the bags out. "Sounds like a plan to me. Eh, one thing, though. How're we going to know if it's the right bank? It's not like we have the account numbers or anything."

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-22, 07:08 PM
Trent
Trent picks up the sandwhich and hungrily stuffs it in his mouth. As he inspects his ceel looking for any ways of escape he looks out his window at the buzzing noise.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-22, 07:48 PM
Reptilius
A bus ticket is cheap, and since it's noon you can hop on the bus right away. You arrive in Saint Joseph town centre several hours later.

mf11
You find an old volvo. It seems to have been pieced together out of two cars, but while it's not fashionable, it should still be able to drive.

Nyc, boomwolf, Eldan, deepsear, LostOne
Where will you all be heading? The nearest bank? Is that for everyone, or are you going to split up?

Jett
Looking through the window, Trent spots a hovering metal orb with a large lense in it. It seems to be looking at you with it's big lense eye.

An inmate on the other side of the hallway calls for you. "Hey, pal, come over to the bars, I got something to tell you!"

ForzaFiori
2008-03-22, 09:41 PM
Michael looks around for anyone watching, and if he sees no one, pulls one of his sai from his bag and breaks one of the volvo's windows. Provide no alarm goes off, he proceeds to unlock the door. he opens the door and slams the but of the sai into the steering column of the car, hitting until the bottom half of it comes off, revealing the wires beneath it. He finds the ignition wires, locates the matching colored wires, and cuts them with his multitool, and strips them. He brings them close together, sparking them, until the car starts. He puts his bag in and takes off towards saint joseph.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-23, 06:02 AM
Trent
Trent turns around and looks over toward the inmate. He approaches and says;
Yeh? I'm listening.

Little Toe
2008-03-23, 04:18 PM
Lundi takes the ride (provided the others join in)

El_Frenchie
2008-03-23, 05:10 PM
Michaël

He will ride at the back, as suggested.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-23, 05:30 PM
El_Frenchie, Nibleswick and Little Toe
Only Lundi is in the front when the truck takes off. There's a bunch of crates in the back and they all read
"DANGER
DO NOT T O U C H" in somewhat faded red letters.
Meanwhile, in the front, the driver puts his hand on Lundi's knee.
"Hmmmm, why are you travelling with those two losers, baby?"

Since both Nibleswick and Little Toe are being NPCed by me now (they are on a holiday, not together I assume :smalltongue: ). I think it's best El_Frenchie answers for their actions right now, as it's in his best interest they get ahead right now.

mf11
Surprisingly, stealing the car turns out to be very easy.
You arrive in Saint Joseph town after several hours.

Jett
"We need to get out of here chum, fast. They're gonna come to kill us! Look, if we work together we can escape, all right? You down with that?"
The guy is wearing some prison clothes, while you still have your clothes (though not your stuff). They are stained with sweat. The guy is fairly skinny, and bald.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-23, 05:49 PM
Michael parks a good distance away from the bank, preferably in front of something that would lead police to look at what the car was parked in front of for the thief, then walks to the bank.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-23, 05:50 PM
Michael parks a good distance away from the bank, preferably in front of something that would lead police to look at what the car was parked in front of for the thief, then walks to the bank.

How will you find the bank?

ForzaFiori
2008-03-23, 05:51 PM
how big is the town? If its not to big, Then Michael will hop back in the car and drive around till he finds it. Also, could i not have seen it on the bus ride in? before the world became screwed?

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-23, 06:10 PM
how big is the town? If its not to big, Then Michael will hop back in the car and drive around till he finds it. Also, could i not have seen it on the bus ride in? before the world became screwed?

The bus ride started on the edge of town. And Saint Joseph town is pretty big, actually (considering it has three banks, which is OOC knowledge).

deepsear
2008-03-23, 08:29 PM
Ian clears his throat.

"Does anyone else have a cell phone? Because what we could do is split up and check the nearest two banks, report to each other, and maybe cut some time searching. If you don't have a cell phone, we could all meet at the closer one after an hour."

He takes out his cell phone to see if he has any service.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-23, 09:12 PM
Michael stops as he enters town, and asks the first person hes sees for directions to the nearest bank. he packs several blocks away from the bank, then walks to it.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-24, 05:09 AM
Trent
Trent looks shocked at the guy; They are gonna kill us? How do you know? Trent thinks he may have found a crazy but if it gets him out...
What do you want me to do?

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-24, 06:47 AM
mf11
Michael walks into the "Solomon & Sons Bank". It seems to be a fairly large, old fashioned bank with a large hall with marble benches and marble slabs on the wall. There are several people walking around in expensive looking business suits and there are some desks, all with old fashioned ornate bars in front off them. There is a huge line in front of all desks.

Jett
"You down? Right, so I'll need you to stab one of the guards while I distract him, okay? I made you a shiv and everything, right? I'll toss it over, okay?"
He picks up the roll of toilet paper in his cell and rolls it over to your cell. Inside is a reasonably large shard of metal with some cloth wrapped around the least sharp end.
"Here comes the guard now, okay? You down? Good, good, we gonna do this, right? Guard, guard, come over here! It's the toilet again!"
The prison guard comes over to his cell, and suddenly the prisoner lashes out at him. Even though he's holding nothing in his hands the guard takes a jump and bumps into the bars of your cell.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-24, 07:04 AM
Michaël & Henry

They seem curious about the contents in the back of the truck, but decide to heed the warning and not touch the boxes.

Lundi

When he does so, Lundi narrows her eyes and glares at the man. She smiles wickedly, murmuring:

"Thoze two 'lozehrs' have yet to piss me off. I like to gut guys that get too familiar wiz me. Litehrally."

With those words, she takes a hunting knife out of her left boot, looking at it and giving a side glance to the man.

"Pleaze put your hand away. You did ask me to be at ze front."

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-24, 07:19 AM
Trent
More out of reaction than willingness Trent stabs the guard.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-24, 12:22 PM
Michael gets in one of the lines to the desks. When he gets to the front, he asks the clerk Hi, my name is Michael Leaf. A friend of mine created a safety deposit box in my name in this town, but forgot to mention which bank it is in. Its very important that i get the contents of that box. Is there any way you could check if it was this bank? Thank you sir.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-24, 04:36 PM
Nicholas takes his luggage from the chopper and leaving it in left luggage at the heli-hire office he follows Michael into town. Eventually he makes his way to Soloman & Sons and seeing Michael further in the lines he digs out his diplobrat passport and flashing it goes up to the first passing member of staff or security guard. "Excuse me, I'm Nicholas Nuttall-MacDonald. I'm so sorry to interrupt but something rather vital to me is in a bank in Saint Joseph Town, I believe that it may have been left in the possession of Soloman & Sons. Could you help me?"

boomwolf
2008-03-25, 05:20 AM
((Still don't have my own computer back...))

Bakios attempts to catch a bus if he manages to get an easy pickpocket for some cash, if not he walks to one of the banks, nearest one. (in easy i mean-there is no way anyone will catch him, otherwise he passes.)

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-25, 01:32 PM
There are several people who haven't posted for two days. Please fix this.

Jett
Trent stabs the guard in the neck. He opens his mouth to scream, but there's only a faint whimper. Then he slumps to the floor. The guard's got a gun and the keys on his belt, which Trent quickly uses to free yourself from your cell. The hallway leads to the police offices on one side and to a locked door on the other side.
"C'mon, you gonna free me too, right? Open the lock, man, don't just stand there, okay? C'mon, c'mon!"

mf11
"I'm sorry sir, we don't have an account in your name, please move aside"
A security guard pushes you aside.

Nyc
Michael (mf11) actually got to town in a different way than you, so it's unlikely you'd be able to follow him, but let's just say you went to Solomon & Sons by yourself.

The security guard helps you push to the front of the line where he pushes Michael aside to let you through. Unfortunately, there's no account in your name either.

boomwolf
People seem to be wary of pickpocketers here, and since it's not that long of a walk you simply head for the nearest bank, Solomon & Sons, following Nicholas (Nyc). You see Michael (mf11) in the bank too.

El_Frenchie, Nibleswick & Little Toe
The driver pulls over.
"I don't take kindly to being threatened. You and your two boyfriends can walk from here on"

ForzaFiori
2008-03-25, 01:42 PM
Hey, Nicholas, right? You were on that bus too, weren't you? Michael asks the guy behind him. Hey, this is a mighty big task. Wanna work together on this? maybe we can save both our lives.

boomwolf
2008-03-25, 01:55 PM
"And what am I? Chopped liver?" says bakios to michael, attempting to sound insulted.
Without waiting to a responds bakios goes to one of the clerks and asks if there is a deposit box on his name.

deepsear
2008-03-25, 04:06 PM
"Wha- Hey! Wait up! Rats... Well, does anyone else want to go to the other bank? Meet back up at the first one? Well, I'm going."

Ian tries to get to the second closest bank, walking if it's not too far away, or taking the bus or a cab if it is not.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-25, 04:49 PM
Michael

As the truck isn't moving around anymore, he attempts at opening one of the containers at the back to take a look.

Henry

Doesn't really agree at all with opening the boxes, and would close them back asap as soon as they move again.

Lundi

"I'm not leaving this cabin until you bring us to St Joseph."

Keeping a knife in her left hand, she continues:

"I don't take kindly to men that try to take advantage of this sort of situation. I hope your delivery isn't an urgent one."

ForzaFiori
2008-03-27, 12:21 PM
Turning to bakios, Michael says My bad man, i didn't see you there. You wanna join up to? I'm welcoming all the help i can get

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-27, 12:42 PM
Trent
Trent takes the guards gun and holds it carefully so that he can use it at a moments notice, he is particuarly warey of his new "friend,"
Sure, Sure Im Coming... Trent tries to take the keys and opens the other guys cell.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-27, 01:04 PM
boomwolf
There is no deposit box in Bakios' name.

deepsear
You arrive at Lion Banking and are greeted by their mascotte, a guy in a lion suit. It's a reasonably big bank and they have lots of flashy posters which advertise their special accounts.

Michael opens one of the crates carefully, finding several metal cilinders inside. They have a top that can be screwed on or off and they all have little labels on them reading "DANGER TOXIC".

Meanwhile in the front of the car the driver smiles viciously, like a predator looking at it's prey.
"Sure, little lady, we'll move on, sure"
His hand inches towards the space at his feet.

Jett
The guy comes out of his cell.
"Good. C'mon now, quickly, gimme the shiv. Where are we headin'? Back door's locked. Say we storm the front 'n kill those coppers? We can take 'em, you 'n me, right? You with me?"

deepsear
2008-03-27, 03:24 PM
(Little question. What time is it?)

Ian waits patiently in line until he can get to the front to talk to a banker.

"Hey. Um, are there any accounts here that were set up by a, uh, Max Burns? It would be under Ian Reldez. If you don't have it, would it be possible for you to check the other banks here in town? Thanks."

While the banker checks, Ian takes a look in his luggage to make sure his stuff is still there, making sure that the knife is not noticed.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-27, 05:56 PM
(Little question. What time is it?)

Ian waits patiently in line until he can get to the front to talk to a banker.

"Hey. Um, are there any accounts here that were set up by a, uh, Max Burns? It would be under Ian Reldez. If you don't have it, would it be possible for you to check the other banks here in town? Thanks."

While the banker checks, Ian takes a look in his luggage to make sure his stuff is still there, making sure that the knife is not noticed.

It's Day 2, late afternoon.
This means most players are pretty hungry, thirsty and sleepy. Only trent had something to eat so far, I believe.

As for your question to the clerk:
"No account in either name sir, and no, I can't check the other banks for accounts, but I'm guessing sir Maximilian Burns probably has an account in the Max Corp Bank"

Your stuff is still in your bag.

El_Frenchie
2008-03-27, 06:07 PM
Lundi

She lunges over the man, out of her seat, in an attempt to place her knife right under his throat. Her other hand goes to his to block him long enough to make him reconsider his action.

"You are one of ze reazons zat I hate men so much. Move your hand down zere some more and I will cut you open."

Henry

"Huh, why have we stopped... and can you please stop fiddling with that, Michaël, it's making me nervous!"

He moves towards the front of the truck compartment and tries to hear what's going on. Elevated voices or the like.

Michaël

"Maybe you're right... But... I'd like to keep a sample of this."

Grabbing one of the cylinders out. If it's too heavy to be lumbered around, he'll put it back inside. If it's fairly light, he'll take it with him. He looks towards the front of the truck, wondering:

"She wouldn't be having... you know? No way..."

He then closes the crate.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-27, 06:11 PM
Nicholas sighs as the bank clerk can't find anything. Turning back to Michael he answers apologetically, "Yeah, I'm Nicholas, I'm but I've forgotten your name, do you want something to eat? I'm famished and I need a cup of coffee if I'm going to be able to stand up long enough to save my life. What do you say, if half an hour would make a difference we'd be dead already."

boomwolf
2008-03-28, 04:42 AM
Turning to Michael Bakios mutters "Not here. lets get something to eat somewhere and head to the next bank. we really need to eat, you got cash?."

((haha! I slept already! during the oporation to remove the bullet!))

ForzaFiori
2008-03-28, 01:13 PM
I'm definitely up for something to eat, but i'm afraid i dont have any money. If i had some, i wouldn't be in this predicament. I have a car we can use though, if you think its a fair trade. He says, looking down sheepishly. And if they've taken my car, i'll just take another one He mentally adds.

((Michael and Bakios have gotten sleep and food already. They give you an IV and food in hospitals, plus we slept through surgury))

boomwolf
2008-03-28, 02:18 PM
Bakios whispers to Michael "The situation is grim, Do you mind if we lose our moral codes for now?"

Nycthemeron
2008-03-28, 03:01 PM
"Money," Nicholas sighs, "won't be too much of a problem. Not for a day or two at least. Anyway lets get out of here, I need a cigarette, food and coffee. I've not had any sleep and I'm running on adrenaline." Nicholas rubs his eyes with his right forearm, pulling out another cigarette with his left hand. That or some charlie, there's the energy I need.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-28, 03:59 PM
The cilinders aren't too heavy, so Michael could take one with him.

The driver smiles at Lundi.
"You wouldn't dare"
His hands grabs the object at his feet and pulls it out with a dry click. It's a sawn-off shotgun.

Henry can hear all that is said in the front from his position.

boomwolf, mf11 & Nyc
Good point, Bakios and Michael have indeed eaten and slept.

deepsear
2008-03-28, 04:05 PM
Ian drops his jaw.

"He has a bank here? Sheesh... Shoulda been the first place to go eh? Thanks for your help."

He runs as quickly as his suitcase will allow him to, back towards the other bank to tell everyone. He notices how hungry he is while he's running.

Eldan
2008-03-28, 04:31 PM
Running after Ian, Andrew comments:
"Indeed. Let's hope we can make it there before they close. But let's rest a minute. I'm hungry. And thirsty. Need to eat and drink something before we continue. Wanna have some?"
He takes a bottle of water and two energy bars out of his bag and offers one to Ian.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-28, 06:11 PM
in a fake whisper, Michael grins and answers Bakios What moral codes?

boomwolf
2008-03-28, 08:28 PM
Bakios whispers "My methods of action are abit, unaccepted, by most people."

deepsear
2008-03-28, 08:36 PM
"Oof! That would be really nice about now."

Panting slightly, Ian accepts the food and drink, and slows to a walk.

"Thanks. I hope this last bank is the jackpot, it would reeeeealy suck for him to be lyin' to us. But I reassure myself with maybe the thought that it wouldn't be good sport for him. Y'know?"

He takes a bite of the offered energy bar.

"We hit the last bank, then I'm gonna find a hotel and get some sleep."

Nycthemeron
2008-03-29, 11:56 AM
Nicholas just looks Bakios and Michael. "I'm too tired to deal with this. Come outside with me now so we can talk." At that Nicholas just walks out of the bank, lighting up as he does and glaring at anyone who looks at him doing so.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-29, 12:41 PM
Day 2, Evening

Eldan and deepsear
You arrive at the Max Corp bank. There's a hot dog stand out front and a man behind a cardboard box, having people bet on under what shell the little ball is.
"C'mon and play" he keeps yelling, "I offer high stakes! C'mon and play!"

The bank itself is a quite tasteful, modern building, made up with lots of grey marble and huge sheets of glass. Inside there are several desks, each with a long line of customers. Most desks are already closed because it's so late. There's also some machines where you can pick up cash and some steel designer benches. On one of these benches are the hitchhikers, who were also on the bus. They seem to be planning to spend the night here.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-29, 01:51 PM
Trent
Trent hesitates giving the prisoner the shiv and instead says; "Wait... how do we know that a key on this bunch doesn't open this locked door?

ForzaFiori
2008-03-29, 03:14 PM
Michael walks out, and leads the others to "his" car.

If it is there: Its not the best, but hey, it runs right? He says, opening the drivers door. As he sits down, he points at the steering column. Your not the only one with unacceptable habits.

If it is gone: DAMN! Michael swears. We need a new car. Look for something old and beat up, something that wont have an alarm. He continues, walking down the street. My habits also are mainly unacceptable. But they're needed now.

Nycthemeron
2008-03-29, 03:30 PM
[Presuming that the car is still there.]

"I don't care how it runs." Nicholas pulls down hard in his cigarette, putting the window down and ashing out of it. "When we are talking of unacceptable habits, I'm guessing that you stole this car? So," Nicholas turns to Bakios, "what does that leave your unacceptable habit as?"

boomwolf
2008-03-29, 03:50 PM
Bakios loks at the car, impresses a bit "Seems like I'm not the only thief around here."
He pauses, then adds "We need to find the other bank, and if we see anyone that is an easy target, we rob him. I jest hope I won't need to add murder to my record yet."

Nycthemeron
2008-03-29, 04:12 PM
"We are not robbing anybody. And if you lay a hand on somebody whilst I know you . . . I will turn you in." Nicholas backs off from the car. "Now I'm going to get something to eat and some caffeine."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-29, 05:12 PM
Jett
The prisoner ignores Trent's comment. He's staring at the shiv instead.
"C'mon, gimme the shiv, we'll kill 'em, you and me, right?"

mf11, Nyc and boomwolf
The car is still there. It's conveniently parked in front of a Starbucks.

ForzaFiori
2008-03-29, 06:09 PM
Michael follows Nicholas into the starbucks, sitting at a table and waiting while he orders.

boomwolf
2008-03-30, 08:09 AM
Keeping his bag in his hand, and his eyes on the car, bakios joins the two.

((He literally holds his bad all the time.))

Nycthemeron
2008-03-30, 12:40 PM
Nicholas returns to the table with an enormous cup of black coffee and a panino. Sitting down he sips at the small bucket sized cup. "Its hot, black and full of caffeine even if its terrible. Anyway, do either of you know about the other banks in this town?"

Eldan
2008-03-30, 01:01 PM
Andrew turns round to Ian.
"That man there with the shell game could have a hint, but if he has it, he is being a little obvious. Well, I'll try the bank first. You could perhaps talk to him."
Then he walks straight into the bank and starts standing in line.

deepsear
2008-03-30, 07:04 PM
"Er... Ok. A clue? Hmph."

Ian walks over to the man.

"Excuse me. What are the rules? How do I bet?"

Reptilius
2008-03-30, 07:44 PM
Alan

Alan walks to the bank nearest to the bus stop and walks up to the counter.

"Excuse me, but I believe there is a vault here under my name? Alan Arlen?"

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-31, 02:17 AM
mf11, Nyc and boomwolf
You enjoy your meal at Starbucks.

Eldan
You reach the front of the line.
"How can I help you, sir?"

deepsear
The man looks at you and grins.
"We have a player, people!" he shouts.
"It's simple, sir, all you gotta do is guess what shell the ball is under. Three shells, one chance! You win, you double your money!"
He's still shouting all this, as if it's not only adressed to Ian but to everyone on the street.
"So, sir, how much do you want to bet?"
((Choose an amount to bet for and throw a d3 to determine whether you guess the location of the ball right. The man's hands move too fast to make out where he's putting the ball, so it's pure guessing. On a 1 you guess correctly))

Reptilius
You arrive at the Solomon & Sons bank. They do not, in fact, have an account in your name.