PDA

View Full Version : Land Before Time II(it's good, I promise) [PrC]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-06, 08:15 PM
Saurian Brute
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/RulesComp_Gallery/49105.jpg
Karrus Bladewind, hunter aspect saurian brute.

HD: d8

Requirements
Alignment: Any neutral
BAB: +4
Skills: Jump 8 ranks, Knowledge (nature) 6 ranks, Martial Lore 2 ranks
Feats: Improved Toughness, Power Attack or Weapon Finesse
Divine Spellcasting: Ability to cast 2nd level spells.
Maneuvers: Ability to use two maneuvers and one stance of the Stone Dragon or Tiger Claw disciplines.
Special: Shapeshift Class feature(PHB 2). Must have spent the last year of your life living in nature among the dinosaurs(not sleeping in inns, eating in restaurants and so on).

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (nature), Listen, Martial Lore, Profession, Ride, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim and Tumble.
Skill-points per level: 4+Int modifier

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spellcasting
1st|+1|+2|+2|+0|Aspect of the dinosaur I, shapeshift|--
2nd|+2|+3|+3|+0|Natural weapon focus|+1 level of divine spellcasting class
3rd|+3|+3|+3|+1|Scent|+1 level of divine spellcasting class
4th|+4|+4|+4|+1|Aspect of the dinosaur II|+1 level of divine spellcasting class
5th|+5|+4|+4|+1|Stance of the saurian|+1 level of divine spellcasting class
6th|+6|+5|+5|+2|Natural weapon specialization|--
7th|+7|+5|+5|+2|Aspect of the dinosaur III|+1 level of divine spellcasting class
8th|+8|+6|+6|+2|Natural improved critical|+1 level of divine spellcasting class
9th|+9|+6|+6|+3|Prehistoric beast stance|+1 level of divine spellcasting class
10th|+10|+7|+7|+3|Aspect of the dinosaur IV|+1 level of divine spellcasting class
[/table]

{table="head"]Level|Man. Known|Man. Readied|Stances Known
1st|1|0|0
2nd|0|0|0
3rd|0|1|0
4th|1|0|0
5th|0|0|1
6th|0|1|0
7th|1|0|0
8th|0|0|0
9th|0|1|0
10th|1|0|0
[/table]

Weapon and armor proficiencies: Saurian brutes gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At each level except 1st, 6th you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level(and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in a divine spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one divine spellcasting class before becoming a saurian brute, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known(if applicable).

Maneuvers: At 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th levels, a saurian brute gains new maneuvers known from the Tiger Claw or Stone Dragon disciplines. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full saurian brute levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known.
At 3rd, 6th and 9th levels, you gain additional maneuvers readied per day.

Stances Known: At 5th level, you learn a new martial stance from the Tiger Claw or Stone Dragon Disciplines. You must meet the stances prerequisites to learn it.

Aspect of the Dinosaur (Su): Your bond to primordial nature is brought forth through your druidic magic. When using your shapechange class feature, the shape you take is replaced with the shape of the chosen dinosaur, but is otherwise unchanged. When using shapes that are not that of an animal, there is no visual difference, but your aspect of the dinosaur class features still function.
Each of these abilities only functions while using the shapechange class feature of the druid and once one of the three choices is made, it cannot be changed later on. So if a saurian brute takes the Hunter aspect at first level, he must do so again when other levels that give aspect of the dinosaur are gained. Each aspect level's features stack with those gained in previous levels.

Aspect I:
Hunter - You take on an aspect of the hunting raptors, and grow vicious claws on your feet. You may make a single attack against an opponent, counting both claws as one weapon. This natural attack deals 1d8 points of damage(or more or less depending on size). This is a primary natural weapon.
Titanic - Your body is thicker and bulkier, resembling the titanic dinosaurs of the world. Your natural armor increases by 2. This bonus stacks with other natural armor bonuses, such as the bonus given by the shapechange class feature.
Tyrant - You gain the terrifying jaws of the largest dinosaur predators, such as the tyrannosaurus. You gain a vicious bite attack that deals 1d8 points of damage or increases one die size, whichever is higher. This is a primary natural weapon.

Aspect II:
Hunter - Your swiftness and speed resemble that of the dinosaur hunters. Your base land speed doubles, and you gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity, which stacks with the shapeshift class feature.
Titanic - Your body is a testament to the toughness of the most massive of creatures in the dinosaur kingdom. You gain damage reduction 5/adamantine, and a +2 bonus to your Constitution, which stacks with the shapeshift class feature.
Tyrant - The raw strength and brutality of the greatest dinosaur tyrants is what you live and breathe. The benefits of the Power Attack feat are improved, when using a one-handed weapon, the bonus to damage is 3 more for every 2 taken from your attack, and if using a two-handed weapon, it is 3 more damage for every 1 from your attack. You also gain a +2 bonus to your Strength, which stacks with the shapeshift class feature.

Aspect III:
Hunter - Your hunting skill is vicious and unrelenting, and you know exactly where to cut where it hurts. You gain the sneak attack of a rogue equal to your saurian brute level. This sneak attack can only be delivered by your natural weapons.
Titanic - You become even more like the most massive of dinosaurs that roam the earth. Your effective size is one size category larger than it would normally be when using the shapeshift class feature.
Tyrant - Your brutality and raw strength are unmatched compared to most other warriors. You gain the rage class feature of a barbarian equal to your saurian brute level. This rage, however, is only usable three times a day and only once per encounter.

Aspect IV:
Hunter - Your swiftness and deftness in stealth are unmatched, even by nature. As a move action, you can render yourself invisible, as with the invisibility spell. If you take a full-round action to become invisible, it instead acts as the greater invisibility spell with a caster level equal to your saurian brute level.
Titanic - Your body is a titanic bulwark of defense and mass. As a standard action, you may deal damage to your own Dexterity score to increase your Constitution score by an equal amount. Additionally, for every two points you decrease your Dexterity score you gain a +1 deflection bonus to your Armor Class. If you heal your Dex score, you lose an equal amount of your bonus to Constitution and appropriate deflection bonus to Armor Class.
Tyrant - Your very aura is terrifying to behold and you bring fear to your enemies. You gain a special fear aura, whenever you make a bite attack against an opponent or take a standard action to roar you force all enemies within 30 feet of you to make a Will save (DC 15+Cha modifier+2 for every size category larger than the opponent you are). If they fail this save, they become frightened for the duration of the encounter, if they pass they are merely shaken for 1d4 rounds.

Shapeshift: Saurian brute levels and druid levels stack for the purposes of determining what forms you can take with the druid shapeshift class feature.

Natural Weapon Focus (Ex): At 2nd level you become more adept at using your natural weapons. You gain the benefit of the Weapon Focus feat for all natural weapons gained through the shapeshift class feature or aspect of the dinosaur.

Scent (Ex): You gain one of the acute senses of the great dinosaurs. At 3rd level, whenever you are in a martial stance, use shapeshift or both, you gain the scent ability.

Stance of the Saurian (Ex): At 5th level, you are more able to fight like the dinosaurs of the world. You take a swift action to lose the benefits of any stance you're in to gain the benefits granted by this stance, and you only gain the benefits of this stance while using the shapeshift class feature and are in the shape of a dinosaur. Whenever initiating a martial strike or boost with a natural weapon granted by shapeshift or aspect of the dinosaur, you gain a +2 bonus to the attack roll and deal an additional amount of damage equal to 1d6 times your class level divided by 2.

Natural Weapon Specialization (Ex): At 6th level, you become slightly better at the use of natural weapons. You gain the benefit of the Weapon Specialization feat for all natural weapons gained through the shapeshift class feature or aspect of the dinosaur.

Natural Improved Critical (Ex): Your brute power or cunning skill with your claws and bite improve even further. You gain the benefit of the Weapon Specialization feat for all natural weapons gained through the shapeshift class feature or aspect of the dinosaur.

Prehistoric Beast Stance (Su): At 9th level, you gain the stance that mimics the very nature of dinosaurkind. You take a swift action to lose the benefits of any stance you're in to gain the benefits granted by this stance, and you only gain the benefits of this stance while using the shapeshift class feature and are in the shape of a dinosaur. You are capable of using a single martial strike with multiple attacks a round. Whenever you use a martial strike taking no more than a standard action and which would only normally apply to a single attack, you gain the benefits of the strike from each attack using a natural weapon in a full attack. Any strikes that deal additional damage deal only half normal damage from all attacks after the first.
Additionally, any natural weapons you have are also considered to be adamantine for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-07, 12:22 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Nny2/Bump.gif

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-07, 10:27 PM
Over a hundred views, 24 hours and the only person to comment is me? No seriously, http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Nny2/Bump.gif.

Kellus
2008-03-07, 11:54 PM
This is really cool. Dinosaurs + Tome of Battle = AWESOME.

Prerequisites seem pretty harsh, though. Normally I'd complain about it being druid-only, but since you require shapeshift, and even build off of it, I can't. :smallyuk:

It seems like it gets a whole lot of stuff, but I guess most ToB prestige classes are like that. It loses two spellcasting levels, one right off the bat, so I suppose it's alright. :smalltongue:

Nice job!

EDIT: The 'living in the wild' prerequisite should maybe get reworded. As it sits, it's basically impossible to enter this class in an ongoing campaign, since if you enter a town or something you fail. I mean, it works for campaigns where you start at a higher level after you've already entered the class, but it's pretty much impossible to have an existing adventurer go into it. If that makes any sense.

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-08, 12:00 AM
*is too busy laughing at picture to properly criticize the class*

I— *giggles* —am going to give you a zero— *laughs* —out of ten for subjecting me to this torturous laughter!

*rolls on floor, laughing*

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-08, 03:26 AM
This is really cool. Dinosaurs + Tome of Battle = AWESOME.

Prerequisites seem pretty harsh, though. Normally I'd complain about it being druid-only, but since you require shapeshift, and even build off of it, I can't. :smallyuk:

It seems like it gets a whole lot of stuff, but I guess most ToB prestige classes are like that. It loses two spellcasting levels, one right off the bat, so I suppose it's alright. :smalltongue:

Nice job!

EDIT: The 'living in the wild' prerequisite should maybe get reworded. As it sits, it's basically impossible to enter this class in an ongoing campaign, since if you enter a town or something you fail. I mean, it works for campaigns where you start at a higher level after you've already entered the class, but it's pretty much impossible to have an existing adventurer go into it. If that makes any sense.

I changed it a little, hopefully fixing it.

*is too busy laughing at picture to properly criticize the class*

I— *giggles* —am going to give you a zero— *laughs* —out of ten for subjecting me to this torturous laughter!

*rolls on floor, laughing*

:smallbiggrin: