PDA

View Full Version : Most favourite TPK

Cywar
2008-03-07, 04:04 AM
Did you ever had one (Total Party Kill), which in hindsight was a rather funny story (after years of contemplation for example?). Would like to hear from it and spread some stories about my favourite TPK Moments.

1. TPK

Shadowrun: My Decker has a Cortexbomb in his head, but fortunately he finds out, that the guys controlling him through it, cannot see what he sees but only hear what he says and hears.

All Characters sitting in a small van.

Action at the game table:
I write a small note, and fold it. I put a finger on my lips, to show my fellow comrades that they shouldn't mention it. I write "Cortexbomb, but Psst, no word, they can hear us" onto the paper, and give the paper to the player of our Streetsam. He unfolds the paper. Stares at me, which is the moment i realize i made a mistake..."

"Cortexbomb????"

2. TPK

GM towards our warrior (not my char), who happens to carry a bag with a specific alchemic powder. :
"Wait..., you are carrying something with you, which you know about to be a dangerous explosive powder, which reacts if it gets wet, in an amount which is able to flatten a mountain ..."
Warrior: "Why not..."
GM: "Into a swamp?"

Storm Bringer
2008-03-07, 04:25 AM
a MERP example:

The party is climbing a sprial staircase in a dungeon. dm calls for spot check evquivilent. We all fail, miserbly (about the only thin we could do was hit things, most of the time. low level MERP characters are rather lame).

so, we fail to spot the fact that the stairs are unstable and they collapse with us half way up them. we fall a good hundred feet onto a pile of jagged rubble with another pile of jagged rubble falling on top of us.

then he asked us to roll new characters. Since it takes....oh, 3 sessions to roll up a character in this game, we called it quits and moved on to a new system.

we still can't belive he did that to us.