PDA

View Full Version : Soulknife's Bladewind

Vulion
2008-03-07, 11:12 AM
Bladewind (Su): At 9th level, a soulknife gains the ability to momentarily fragment his mind blade into numerous identical blades, each of which strikes at a nearby opponent.

As a full attack, when wielding his mind blade, a soulknife can give up his regular attacks and instead fragment his mind blade to make one melee attack at his full base attack bonus against each opponent within reach. Each fragment functions identically to the soulknife’s regular mind blade.

When using bladewind, a soulknife forfeits any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats or abilities (such as the Cleave feat or the haste spell).

The mind blade immediately reverts to its previous form after the bladewind attack.

Okay, now my question is does the Soulknife forfeit a pyschic strike he has charged into the blade or does that stay with the blade as he uses the ability?

Indon
2008-03-07, 11:13 AM
I imagine it works just like Whirlwind attack.

AmberVael
2008-03-07, 11:16 AM
When you use bladewind, you give up extra attacks, not damage modifiers. Psychic Strike does not grant an extra attack, so it has nothing to do with that clause.

hippie_dwarf
2008-03-07, 11:22 AM
Psychic strike would apply to all the attacks because it says that each fragment of the blade is identical to the original. So providing, the blade was originally imbued with psychic strike then it would apply to all the targets of the Bladewind.

Vulion
2008-03-07, 11:22 AM
Oh, okay, thanks.

serow
2008-03-07, 12:00 PM
Psychic strike would apply to all the attacks because it says that each fragment of the blade is identical to the original. So providing, the blade was originally imbued with psychic strike then it would apply to all the targets of the Bladewind.The FAQ disagrees with you.

When a soulknife uses bladewind (Expanded Psionics
Handbook, page 29) with a mind blade imbued with psychic
strike, how many targets take the psychic strike damage?
Only one blade is imbued with psychic strike, so only one
target takes the psychic strike damage (chosen by you before
you roll the attacks).Although personally, I disagree with the FAQ.

BadJuJu
2008-03-07, 12:11 PM
The FAQ disagrees with you.

Although personally, I disagree with the FAQ.

Soulknife is such an effed class anyway, let them have something positive.

Person_Man
2008-03-07, 12:15 PM
The FAQ is the correct, official ruling.

However, Soulknifes are utterly weak. I'd give it to them. Heck, I'd let them have Soul Spiked Chains and give it to them.