PDA

View Full Version : Dave Noonan explains why they decided to make characters never die in 4th Edition

Mr. Friendly
2008-03-07, 02:53 PM
Blog (http://www.gleemax.com/Comms/Pages/Communities/BlogPost.aspx?blogpostid=47694&pagemode=2&blogid=2132)

Characters are completely invincible in 4e and can never be killed. Monster attacks only give you puppies, kittens and rainbows.

Swordguy
2008-03-07, 03:08 PM
The blog in that link in no way explains why PCs in 4th edition "don't die". Nor does it ever make a mention of characters not dying in 4.0. It's just the stoy of a TPK in their game and how much is sucked for the players.

You gain +1 "horribly misleading headline" point.

AKA_Bait
2008-03-07, 03:10 PM
I also award you +10 'Attempting to Pick a Fight with People Skeptical of 4e' points.

kamikasei
2008-03-07, 03:15 PM
The blog in that link in no way explains why PCs in 4th edition "don't die". Nor does it ever make a mention of characters not dying in 4.0. It's just the stoy of a TPK in their game and how much is sucked for the players.

You gain +1 "horribly misleading headline" point.

I think that's the point. Obviously TPKs and by extension character death are still present in 4e. The title is sarcasm. Personally I find it rather pointless. The article makes a worthwhile comment about encounter difficulty scaling and doesn't need to be dressed up in asbestos.

Oslecamo
2008-03-07, 05:14 PM
Well, that is a relieve. You can still die if the group plays like morons and face odds of twice your level.

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-07, 05:33 PM
Blog (http://www.gleemax.com/Comms/Pages/Communities/BlogPost.aspx?blogpostid=47694&pagemode=2&blogid=2132)

Characters are completely invincible in 4e and can never be killed. Monster attacks only give you puppies, kittens and rainbows.

Aawwww.....I want my characters to never die and get puppies to slaughter mindlessly, kittens to fling with my sling and rainbows to blind people, that would have been awesome!!! :smallfrown:

Hm, that'll make a good Risus character....