PDA

View Full Version : I got my learners

de-trick
2008-03-07, 07:28 PM
I got my learners yesterday, well pasted the written test now I just have to go to the Provincial building and get my picture taken and give some information.

but I got my learners, I got my learners, I got my learners, I got my learners, I got my learners, I got my learners, I got my learners, I got my learners.

Also I had a very easy test one of the questions was "list the order of the street lights", and another one was "when should you dim your lights" but instead of having distances it had "when you could blind the other driver"

yeah but I passed with only 2 wrong out of 30.:smallsmile:

now praise me

LightWraith
2008-03-07, 07:32 PM
Congratulations :smallbiggrin:

My only advice, never let your license expire. It really sucks to hit 23 and then have to retake all the tests because you didn't realize it had lapsed because they didn't renew it when you lost it a few years earlier.

Not speaking from experience or anything :smallwink:

Miraqariftsky
2008-03-07, 07:40 PM
Congratulations, chief!

wadledo
2008-03-07, 07:41 PM
Where all DDDDOOOOOOOOOOMMMMEEEDDDDD!!!!:smalleek:

sickler
2008-03-07, 08:02 PM
Only 30 questions? I thought it was out of 50 and it ends once you've garunteed 90% or better (so 40 questions minimum if you answered them all)

Granted, they probably change the test to get more idiots on the road..

TRM
2008-03-07, 10:27 PM
They're not actually letting you actually drive are they???:smalltongue:

Srsly, congratulations. Driving is like a free pass to increase autonomy. Not that I've ever had the opportunity :smallmad: [/bitterness]

Flickerdart
2008-03-07, 10:31 PM
Ugh, driving.

I did some driving with an instructor in Moscow. On a car with no speedometer, no tachometer, manual transmission and suspicious rattling in the important bits. On the main streets on my first day. With the rule of thumb about Russian drivers being:
"Bought a car, bought a license, didn't buy knowing how to drive."

So, yeah. I prefer the bus.

Gaelbert
2008-03-07, 11:42 PM
They're not actually letting you actually drive are they???:smalltongue:

Srsly, congratulations. Driving is like a free pass to increase autonomy. Not that I've ever had the opportunity :smallmad: [/bitterness]

Not if you don't have a car, it isn't. And where I live, the learners permit only lets you drive if you have an adul in the car. So that doesn't offer much autonomy.