PDA

View Full Version : becoming planetouched

Jayngfet
2008-03-07, 09:12 PM
I was making an antagonist an I was wondering...

...if you injected blood from a devil into a human, do you becoome a tiefling? he's a mad physician that tries to take his enimies alive to perform experiments

also, is it possible to make twin antagonists, one a tiefling and one aasimar, descended from a demon and angel?

Artemician
2008-03-07, 09:17 PM
The short answer: Yes.

The long answer: You're the fraggin' DM. You do what you like.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-03-07, 09:35 PM
Lots of ways to do it as the DM.

The blood method was nice maybe with a minor ritual or a latent gene.

A Faustian Pact could probably do it.

Great great......... grand daddy or one of his infernal or demonic lords might be able to awaken the template through various means.

Why not have a mixed planar ancestry? Plenty of feats that reference them.

Benejeseret
2008-03-07, 09:52 PM
If you think the PC's would be open to it...have them all captured and randomly experimented on, each gaining an outsider taint (random...or choosing but the situation dictates they are not in control.)

The BBEG starts gaining multiple templates...half-this that and the other thing but the PC's gain at least a free +1 to a random aspect.

Or better yet, for a few encounters they are all half-outsider (pick random templates) but after a bit the BBEG 'harvests' them, gaining all the half-templates himself but the side effect is each ends up as a planetouched.
....I might try this

JadedDM
2008-03-08, 12:22 AM
It's not a bad idea, but I think injecting blood isn't enough. Maybe a magical ritual to go along with it. Otherwise...consider the ramifications. People would be selling demon and angel blood on the streets to adventurers to 'pump' themselves up.

GammaPaladin
2008-03-08, 01:33 AM
...because those are so easy to get your hands on...

The_Snark
2008-03-08, 01:38 AM
...because those are so easy to get your hands on...

Sigil?

Anyway, as a DM, you have an official license to insert anything up to and including world-destroying rituals in your game. A blood infusion to turn someone into a planetouched is mild by comparison.

Though it shouldn't be as easy as simply injecting a bit of devil blood; there should be an accompanying ritual, or alchemical preparations, or something to keep it from being commonplace.

The Extinguisher
2008-03-08, 02:07 AM
I did something like this a while back, but it wasn't so much as becoming planetouched, it was more of a taint. Yes, you can have a good taint. That's for the evil characters. But planetouched works well if you add in a bit of magic. It's all up to you, I guess.

And, this is a great way to spread infections, lycanthropy, vampirism, etc :smallamused: