5th +5 +4 +4 +1 Improved Projectile +1/+1, Improved Precise Shot
6th +6 +5 +5 +2 Enhanced Shot +3
7th +7 +5 +5 +2 Practiced Marksmanship
8th +8 +6 +6 +2 Enhanced Shot +4
9th +9 +6 +6 +3 Improved Projectile +2/+2, Greater Cov’/Con’
10th +10 +7 +7 +3 One Shot-One Kill, Enhanced Shot +5

Hit Dice: d8

Requirements
To qualify as a Combat sniper, a character must fulfill the following criteria.
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Skills: Balance 4 Ranks, Climb 4 Ranks, Move Silently 4 Ranks, Hide 4 Ranks, Spot 4 Ranks, Listen 4 Ranks, and Jump 4 Ranks
Feats: Weapon Focus (Any Projectile Weapon with a range increment of at least 60ft), Point Black Shot, Precise Shot, Far Shot

Class Skills
Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge Local (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Rope (Dex)

Skill Points at each Level: 4+ Int Modifier

Class Features
The following are class features of the Combat Sniper prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Combat Snipers do not gain any proficiency with armor or shields, but gain proficiency with all Basic and Martial projectile weapons. All weapon-related abilities of this prestige class apply only to projectile ranged weapons with which the character is proficient, and only function when the character is wearing light or no armor, no shield and a light or no load.

Patient Marksman(Ex): Equal to a Combat Sniper’s wisdom modifier per day, he may take extra time to “feel the Shot” and increase his accuracy. By spending a number of rounds in full round actions equal to the desired bonus, a Combat Sniper may add up to his wisdom modifier to his attack roll for a single attack. The bonus applied this way may never exceed his Combat Sniper level.
Shot on the Run(Ex): At first level, a new Combat Sniper gains the “Shot on the Run” feat, per the Players Handbook, page 100, as a bonus feat, even if he does not meat the requirements for it. It is always advantageous for a Combat Sniper to take the shot and then leave the scene as soon as possible to avoid capture or deadly retaliation.
Enhanced Shot +1(Su): Beginning at second level, projectiles launched from the ranged weapon of a Combat Sniper almost always seem to find there mark and never seem to waste their energy in less damaging attacks, even when the Combat Sniper finds himself in less then favorable conditions. If a Combat sniper finds himself in a situation that does not led itself to patient extended aim, he may use his acutely honed instincts applying to his chosen weapon’s nature to make his targets wish they had not been so aggressive. This bonus to ranged projectile attacks and damage can only be applied when no other non variable numeric effects from the Combat Sniper class are applied, exception, Improved Projectile (Below). This bonus grows to +2 at 4th level, again to +3 at 6th level, to +4 at 8th level and finally to +5 at 10th level. Enhanced Shot does stack with magical enhancement.
Improved Cover/Improved Concealment(Ex): Once a Combat Sniper has reached third level, he gains the ability to better take advantage of the great significance of secrecy, or the potent benefit a low wall or doorframe presents to a sharp minded sniper. Once per day, multiplied by the Combat Sniper’s intelligence modifier, he may decide to either make better use of cover, by giving himself an extra +2 bonus to his AC and ranged attacks on top of the normal bonus the given cover grants, or he may opt to make himself less noticeable by adding an additional 10% concealment bonus to the already present concealment. Setting himself up in this manner requires a move equivalent action. This ability may not be used in environments where there is no cover or concealment as a physical presence already. This ability stacks with spells such as blur, or displacement. He may never use this ability more times per day than his Combat Sniper level. The duration of this ability is as long as the Combat Sniper holds position, if he moves, he must reset himself. These bonuses increase to +4 AC/Attack, or plus 20% concealment at 9th level as Greater Cover/Concealment.
Improved Projectile (Ex): Upon attaining 5th level, a Combat Sniper learns to harness the intricacies of his weapon to significantly increase the effectiveness of his already deadly attacks. This bonus is equal to +1/+1, and applies to the critical threat range and critical multiplier in all a Combat Sniper’s ranged attacks with his chosen weapon. Example, a 5th level Combat Sniper with a heavy crossbow threatens a critical hit on 18-20 in stead of 19-20, and his crossbow’s critical multiplier increases from x2, to x3. These bonuses increase to +2/+2 and 9th level. This bonus does stack with the improved critical feat and with the effects of the keen edge spell. It does not, however; change the fact that keen edge and the improved critical feat do not stack with each other.
Improved Precise Shot(Ex): At 5th level a Combat Sniper also gains the use of the “Improved Precise Shot” feat per the feat described in the Players Handbook page 96. His skill at making the best of naturally difficult shots have by this time become almost second nature and only complete concealment and cover offer even the least bit of protection from his keen eye and deadly aim.
Practiced Marksmanship(Ex): At 7th level a Combat Sniper’s astounding skill and gut feeling for his weapon take on a new form of display. He gains the ability to extend the range of his weapon by an additional 50%. This increase stacks with the increase applied by the “Far Shot” feat, and other range enhancements and pertains to all attacks he performs with said weapon. Exception, “Practiced Marksmanship” does not stack with range bonuses given from other classes, for example, a Deepwood Snipers 10ft per class level range increment bonus never stacks with this ability.

One Shot-One Kill(Ex): When a Combat Sniper attains 10th level; he has reached the pinnacle of his abilities and gains access to the most potent attack in the arsenal of any sniper. The One Shot-One Kill mantra is uttered buy all snipers in training or would be sharpshooters, but only the Combat Sniper truly takes it to heart. By taking a full round per 50ft the intended target is distanced away from the sniper to do nothing but aim and focus his considerable abilities, he may take a shot so deadly, that only the stoutest of body have a hope of survival. If the attack taken at the end of the last round used to aim hits the target and deals damage, the Combat Sniper forces the now injured mark to make a Fortitude save DC = to 20 plus the Combat snipers intelligence modifier. If the subject of the save fails, he immediately drops below -10 hit points and dies. If he succeeds on the save, he must then make an equal DC Will save or be stunned for one round per point of intelligence modifier of the involved Combat Sniper. This deadly attack is useable only one time a day, plus one additional time per day, per kill achieved through the use of this ability. Example, if a Combat Sniper fires a shot and connects with a 1st level warrior and the warrior fails the save and dies or dies from the damage inflicted by the projectile normally, the sniper may go on to immediately make another One Shot-One Kill attack. He may continue to make these attacks until he either fails to kill a target, or he reaches half the number of his Combat Sniper level. He must make all said attacks in succession, without moving from his position, or he loses the ability to make any more of them that day. This special attack is useless against targets invulnerable to death attacks or death by massive damage, such as undead or constructs. It was also unusable against creatures with no discernable anatomy.

Night Shrike
2008-03-08, 09:47 PM
So, I wanna know what all your crazy homebrew gamers think about this class I'm tryin to work up here. Overpowerd, underpowered? Too versitile, too one dimensional? I wanna know what you guys think!
This class was designed for use with the current 3.5 DnD core rules addition, and generally seen as a fighter, ranger based Prestige class.

You may recognise elements that I have adapted from The DeepWood Sniper Class, the Order of the Bow Initiate Class, and the Assassin Class. I tried to use current rules in adaptation, or in basis for my plans here.

Stycotl
2008-03-08, 11:19 PM
you have some cool stuff in here. especially like patient marksman.

one shot one kill: i have a couple of things. i would keep the save dc to 10+level+ability mod or so. and i would keep it usable a number of times a day dependent on either level, or ability modifier. otherwise, this gets pretty complex when you are talking about a veteran with hundreds of kills under his belt like carlos hathcock.

with the large number of rounds required to use the ability, you could probably even give it unlimited uses per day. or maybe a limited number per encounter or something.

keyboardboy101
2008-03-09, 02:26 AM
Just a couple notes on the last part (O-S-O-K). great flavor, but the DC seems a little bit high (echoing stycotl's comment) and the number of rounds actually seems too short. 1 rnd/50 ft isn't very many rounds. If you are in an encounter, you might have 70% of your targets within 50ft. This may be what you are shooting for, being able to do one of these a round until you fail and at close range, but just a balancing note.

Other than that, I like it. I've always liked archer classes though.

Night Shrike
2008-03-09, 05:28 PM
Ok to deal with the first comment, the save I created for the "One Shot-One Kill" ability, was an idea pulled from the assassin death attack ability. The save for an assassins death attack IS 10 + assassin lvl + Int Mod. But,since one shot-one kill was a capstone ability, only gained at 10 lvl, makeing it into a level dependant save really didn't hold much wieght, it would in essence, just become a save that was 10+10+ ability score. I had the same thoughts you guys did on that one, but since i decided that once a character reached that level, they'd already be, (minumum by my calc) 15th level anyway, a DC 20-25 fort save would be tough, but not all that unbeatable.
AS to the number of "One Shot-One Kill" attacks per day a 10th lvl Combat Sniper gets, it doesnt just keep compunding, cause your right, that would get freakin crazy. What I meant with that is, the sniper only gets one PER day, maximim at first, but if that ONE shot kills his target, he gets another, untill he fails to kill a target with that ability. Even then it can only go up to a maximum of 5 kills with that ability at 10th lvl, and since I didn't design this to be a 11th + lvl class, the maximum sits at five, for now, muahaha!
AS for the 50ft/rnd thing, I thought about that too. I was origianaly going to make it 100ft/rnd, but then things like line of sight and target movement came into play and it just started to make the ability worthless. If u cant even see your target casue he moved behind a building, whast the point of aiming for 5 rounds to better aquire him? The whole bassis for the combat sniper class was get in take the shot, get out, so in theory anyway, he would allmost allways be far away as he could safely be from his target. Pretty much the only thing he can do without takeing a few rounds to aim perfectly is his enhanced shot, but even that is just a weak backup ability compared to the rest of the classes skills.

I REALLY REALLY do appriciate your input guys, keep with it!!!! PLEASE!!!!