PDA

View Full Version : The madness is about to begin (NCAA BBall tourney)

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-03-09, 01:22 AM
Ok, I know there's not a huge group of sports followers on the site, but I was thinking since the NCAA basketball tournament (AKA March Madness) starts shortly (about 12 days), and if there's enough interest, I'd be happy to set up an OoTS bracket on Yahoo for us. I'd say we'll get someone to do trophies for the top three and bottom three people. I think it could be a lot of fun. Even if you're not to attuned into the world of college basketball but still might want to give it a go (believe me, the picks from this thing hardly goes the way the "experts" think it will. Heck, I've had coin flip brackets do better than the one I seriously fill out). Anywho, I just thought this might be a fun thing to do with those who want to, so , um...go.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-03-09, 01:34 AM
Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!

http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-06/this-is-sparta-caution-cone.jpg

Well, back to the topic I'm afraid Australia's never really been that interested in basketball, and not that much of the Americans at that. So I'm afraid I guess I can't really join in the discussion. But the team starting with A is a sure winner.

Skippy
2008-03-09, 11:43 AM
Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!

http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-06/this-is-sparta-caution-cone.jpg

Well, back to the topic I'm afraid Australia's never really been that interested in basketball, and not that much of the Americans at that. So I'm afraid I guess I can't really join in the discussion. But the team starting with A is a sure winner.

That image is made of pure awesome and win. *Steals*

2008-03-11, 12:53 AM
bump. If a tree falls in the forest, get out of the way.

PhoeKun
2008-03-11, 01:11 AM
I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot... *shrugs*

edit: come to think of it, do I even know 64 schools?

Serpentine
2008-03-11, 01:12 AM
Well, back to the topic I'm afraid Australia's never really been that interested in basketball, and not that much of the Americans at that. So I'm afraid I guess I can't really join in the discussion. But the team starting with A is a sure winner.Nuh-ah nuh-ah! Well, alright, okay. But I do have a bit of an interest in it, if only cuz my stepbrother plays. 'Parently there's an article about him, here (http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/2979/). Hm, looks old, I wonder what happened with that? Also: Lies! His dad didn't live in Albury! He lived near Albury!

RTGoodman
2008-03-13, 03:15 PM
I don't particularly care for college basketball (my school isn't usually good at basketball, and I prefer football anyway), but I always fill out brackets for fun. I'll probably do the same this year, so I can post my picks here if anyone else is interested. In fact, I'll probably do two - one serious one where I look at records and such, and then another less-serious one (like I usually do) where I pick teams based on whose mascot would win in a fight.

I think the seeds for the tournament are announced this Sunday, so I guess I'll start figuring mine out next week sometime (definitely before Round 1, which is the 20th-21st, I think).

2008-03-15, 01:13 AM
Alright, I've got two takers. Come on people, let's fill up those slots. The more people we get, the more fun this will be.

2008-03-16, 11:57 PM
Alright, the bracket is set. Come on people, let's have some fun, here. I've still only got two people, so let's get some more takers here.

Dave Rapp
2008-03-17, 12:15 AM
Aaaaarrrgh... I'll be hearing the phrase "March Madness!" more than enough over the coming... gah, it seems like years. Weeks? Months? Seems like it goes on forever. It's MADDENING. Count me out good sir.

There's only one kind of madness for me and it takes place somewhere in Nevada.

http://i29.tinypic.com/15iaopc.png

2008-03-17, 12:36 AM
Aaaaarrrgh... I'll be hearing the phrase "March Madness!" more than enough over the coming... gah, it seems like years. Weeks? Months? Seems like it goes on forever. It's MADDENING. Count me out good sir.

There's only one kind of madness for me and it takes place somewhere in Nevada.

http://i29.tinypic.com/15iaopc.png

If you have no interest, then why did you even say anything. It's been my experience, that posters who do stuff like this discourage others who might be interested. Don't go around ruining the fun of those that might want it.

If you aren't interested, then please don't post.

Dave Rapp
2008-03-17, 12:41 AM
If you have no interest, then why did you even say anything? It's been my experience that posters who do stuff like this discourage others who might be interested. Don't go around ruining the fun of those that might want it.

If you aren't interested, please don't post.

Now come on, man, be fair. You can't make a post where you admit there are few followers of sports here, bump it, ask for more takers twice, and then get mad when someone says they're not interested and makes a half-booped joke in the process.