PDA

View Full Version : Icewind dale- Order of the stick

Theork
2008-03-09, 12:29 PM
For those who don't know Icewind Dale is a game almost identical to Baldurs gate but where you make the whole party, not just your main character.

I just wanted to know, if the order of the stick was a party what stat line do you think they'd have?
Would Elan really have charisma 18? Should Kobolds be Belkars racial enemy?
It's up to you to decide..

Post here any thoughts about it.

factotum
2008-03-09, 02:04 PM
Isn't this the entire purpose of the "Class and Level Geekery" thread in the main OotS forum?

Archpaladin Zousha
2008-03-09, 06:19 PM
I've never seen it, but I assume that's mostly for 3rd edition discussion. Icewind Dale was made back in the days of 2nd edition, I think.

Though I agree that statting the OotS here would be pointless if there was a thread already dedicated to it. Perhaps the OP wishes to use the character creation system and play as the OotS in Icewind Dale?

NerfTW
2008-03-09, 08:54 PM
Icewind Dale II uses 3.0 rules.

Logic
2008-03-10, 07:20 AM
For those who don't know Icewind Dale is a game almost identical to Baldurs gate but where you make the whole party...

Icewind Dale II uses 3.0 rules.
I don't think he was referring to the sequel.

Totally Guy
2008-03-10, 07:59 AM
I just started Icewind Dale 2, I used all my RP characters from the last 8 months together in the same party.

And I was suprised at the similarities between the order of the stick.

The Party is lead by a Lawful Good Fighter.
We have a Bard
The cleric is a cultural outsider
The Ranger is poorly optimised
there's a rogue that likes archery
And a wizard

Well it's not so impressive written down, but I was suprised that I'd not played a character outside of the oots. Maybe the next party will be a Sorceror, a Druid, a Barbarian, a Paladin and a Monk.

NerfTW
2008-03-10, 08:27 AM
I don't think he was referring to the sequel.

He just said Icewind Dale. Since all Baldur's Gate games, Icewind Dale games, and Planescape Torment use the infinity engine with only a change in the rulesets, they are all "just like Baldur's Gate".

I was merely pointing out for anyone who didn't know that there is an Infinity Engine game that uses 3.0 rules.

Shikton
2008-03-10, 08:46 AM
I would recommend going for IWD2 as well. Much easier to match the OOTS party. I tried making it in IWD1, but it didn't feel right to be honest. Not played them in IWD2, but I reckon it could be fun. And I would feel free to play around with the stats in general.