PDA

View Full Version : New RPG. Project JxJ.

Quinsar
2008-03-09, 04:33 PM
So for the last couple weeks I've been homebrewing a campaign setting for my latest game. And while doing this I find my self thinking, "Oh lord, if I did this that would be so much better!" But often times the changes are so drastic if I did them it would basically be a new game. So after finding about 15 of these problems I said to myself, "Why don't I make a new game?"
And thats what I'm doing.

The game will be in a Renaissance setting, similar to D&D. Right now I'm tossing around ideas for a new magic system, new classes and, a new combat system.

Any questions, criticisms? Anyone want to help down the road?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-03-09, 05:01 PM
I'd be happy to take a look when you've got more to work with, but for now there's not much for me to comment on.

Xyk
2008-03-10, 08:41 PM
I'd be happy to take a look when you've got more to work with, but for now there's not much for me to comment on.

Agreed. There is very little to comment on.

Felixaar
2008-03-10, 09:55 PM
If you need help with thinking up ideas, toss me a PM.

Quinsar
2008-03-10, 10:19 PM
Aight so I cut my list of 124 classes down to 8.

Archer: Experts with a bow, these masters of archery prefer to stay out of direct combat but, have the ability to use daggers and, short sword to defend themselves.

Druid: Masters of nature, their spells are not as costly as the spells of wizards. Drawing their power straight from the Earth they feel uncomfortable and weak in cities.

Fighter: Not as honorable as the knight these warriors usually gained experience through mercenary work or, self training. They prefer to use one handed weapons instead of spears and great swords.

Knight: These warriors are in an order and bear its crest proudly upon their armor. One can tell where a knight calls home and their god by looking at their crest. They prefer to use spears, lances and, great swords.

Priest: Professional worshipers of gods, they are given the powers to heal and hurt by their chosen god.

Striker: These little monsters rely solely on their speed. They have extremely low HP and wear very light armor. But if you play them just right their devastating.

Thief: These master cons will take your wallet and save your life all in one day.

Wizard: Masters of magic their spells come at a terrible price.. Their body.