PDA

View Full Version : Hand of Glory and Extra Rings Feat

Benejeseret
2008-03-09, 04:59 PM
Would the Extra Rings Feat stack onto the Hand of Glory?

Extra Rings lets 2 rings per hand, hand of glory provides a third hand.

Thoughts? RAW?

Bene

AslanCross
2008-03-09, 05:04 PM
By RAW isn't clear. The Hand of Glory only says that it gives you another ring slot and not necessarily a hand. Then again I don't know the wording of Extra Rings.
I'd personally rule that it wouldn't if only for balance. I mean, six rings? :P

Kurald Galain
2008-03-09, 06:23 PM
The "extra ring" feat (officially called "Additional Magic Item Space") grants you one additional ring, not one per hand.

This does appear to stack with the Hand of Glory. And technically, there's nothing to prevent you from re-slotting additional hands of glory (it's not like they're expensive or anything) e.g. to the belt or helmet slot. So yes, that's a lot of rings, if you really want it.

Benejeseret
2008-03-09, 08:21 PM
Are we talking the same feat? Not that it matters as when I re-read I specifically say the line about "up to 4 rings."

Thanks all

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-09, 08:26 PM
Kurald - we're talking about the hideously borked version from Eberron, which allows you to wear +1 ring per hand as a normal feat. Yes, I think it would work, btw.

Ninjalitude
2008-03-09, 09:20 PM
[/idea] what about a hand of glory, extra ring, 2 ring swords (arms and equipment guide) and your own two hands. Put a 9th level ring of Magic Missile and added up thats 5d4+5 for each slot once per round for a total of 30d4+30 per round?[idea]

bugsysservant
2008-03-09, 09:39 PM
Kurald - we're talking about the hideously borked version from Eberron, which allows you to wear +1 ring per hand as a normal feat. Yes, I think it would work, btw.

Wait +1 per HAND??? What about thri keen? Or xills? How about the effect of girallon's blessing? What DM in their right mind would allow this?

Collin152
2008-03-09, 10:25 PM
Wait +1 per HAND??? What about thri keen? Or xills? How about the effect of girallon's blessing? What DM in their right mind would allow this?

Heaven forbid the Greek Monster with a hundred arms, I forget what they are called.

UglyPanda
2008-03-09, 10:35 PM
Hecatoncheires (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/epicMonsters.html#hecatoncheires) is the monster you're thinking of.

Extra Rings

Prerequisite: Forge Ring, caster level 12th.
Benefit: You can wear up to four magic rings, two on each hand, and all function normally.
Normal: Without this feat, you can only wear and use two magic rings at one time.

By RAW, I'd guess that this feat only lets you wear two extra rings. Any idea what the ruling on this is for monsters without hands but with ring slots i.e. beholders?

bugsysservant
2008-03-09, 10:46 PM
Heaven forbid the Greek Monster with a hundred arms, I forget what they are called.

Considering its supposed to be a CR 57, it needs all the help it can get. :smallwink:

Collin152
2008-03-09, 10:48 PM
Considering its supposed to be a CR 57, it needs all the help it can get. :smallwink:

Do we even know of a hundred and two rings worth wearing?
Are there any rings whose effects stack?
Oh, by the way, I diddn't know those had been statted out before.

Chosen_of_Vecna
2008-03-10, 12:46 AM
Do we even know of a hundred and two rings worth wearing?
Are there any rings whose effects stack?
Oh, by the way, I diddn't know those had been statted out before.

That would be 102 Rings of Spellbattle. Even better in Epic Levels, because now you are flinging Epic Magic back on it's casters.

Dethcom1
2008-03-10, 01:48 AM
I think you may need an intervention. You're just the tiniest bit obsessed. Let go of the rings, man. Let them run wild and free.

Tengu
2008-03-10, 02:02 AM
This does appear to stack with the Hand of Glory. And technically, there's nothing to prevent you from re-slotting additional hands of glory (it's not like they're expensive or anything) e.g. to the belt or helmet slot. So yes, that's a lot of rings, if you really want it.

But wouldn't it look extremely silly to wear a mummified hand as a hat?

ZekeArgo
2008-03-10, 02:16 AM

Actually... if the hand is a mummified hand of a larger race, you could have it "clutching" your skull.

Kinda weird, but better than just having the thing strapped to your head... I think...

Tengu
2008-03-10, 02:18 AM
Actually... if the hand is a mummified hand of a larger race, you could have it "clutching" your skull.

Kinda weird, but better than just having the thing strapped to your head... I think...

Funny, I thought of it too. Probably because I've seen an anime or computer game character like that somewhere.

That's still look rather silly. Of course, another alternative would be a shamanistic character who's wearing the hand hanging from his tribal headband.
Which would still look rather silly.

Kurald Galain
2008-03-10, 04:07 AM
Ah, right. In that case, as worded, it does not stack to six (but to five) - the feat explicitly states it has a limit of four, so having extra hands in whatever fashion is not going to help.

Actually, since the advent of reslotting items, this is not worth spending a feat on any more.

Yes :smallbiggrin: but wearing one around your neck is nearly as silly, and should get the character charisma penalties for being a disgusting sight.