PDA

View Full Version : I Live to Kill [PrC]

Xyk
2008-03-10, 07:39 PM
Slayer

A slayer dedicates his life to learning the workings of life and especially how to end it. He is the embodiment of using intelligence to enhance his fighting ability. He takes the rangers favored enemy to a whole new level.
Adventures: A Slayer will often adventure to learn new monsters that he can slay. They are usually self-taught, and often have ulterior motives for adventuring, not related to their class.
Characteristics: A Slayer is a class that adds intelligence to their fighting and improves on the ranger's favored enemy. They are often of a dark mindset from all the research about killing. Some are even scary.
Alignment: Slayers tend toward evil and law. This is not absolute. There are some chaotic Slayers and good Slayers. Evil likes to kill things, Lawful does it systematically.
Religion: Most will pay some homage to a god of death but many will consider themselves something of a death god, finding the science behind the religion.
Background: The slayer can come from any background but one with abusive parents is most common. Abusive parents or dead parents. Vengeance is often a common theme for Slayers.
Races: This race is fairly equally spread out. Dwarves may use them for military purposes, Gnomes have hardly any, Elves make excellent slayers but are often too good-natured to. A halfling may act as a slayer but will probably never have the right mindset. Humans are good because they have a natural killing instinct.
Other Classes: Slayers get along well with few other classes. Rogues are the best and bards are the worst. A slayer generally believes rogues and their sneak attack are similar to their own abilities. Bards are viewed as weak. A slayer will respect a wizard more than a sorcerer. A ranger's favored enemy is the closest to a slayers ability.
Role: A slayer is often a primary combatant, equal to the fighter. He also serves as a minor stealth character such as the ranger.

GAME RULE INFORMATION

Abilities: Intelligence aids in all their abilities, and strength helps their combat abilities.
Alignment: Any
HD: d10

REQUIREMENT
?????????????????????????

CLASS SKILLS
Climb(str), Concentration(con), Craft(int), Jump(str), Knowledge(int), Ride(dex), Swim(str), Use Rope(dex)

Skill points- 4+int mod.

NAME OF CLASS
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Notebook(x1)

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Notebook(4xHD)

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Notebook(x1.5)

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Complicated Memory

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Notebook(1 min)

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Notebook(x2)

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|Pressure Points

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Notebook(5 rounds

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Notebook(1 round)[/table]

Notebook
The Slayer's Notebook is his prized possession, much like a wizards spellbook or a clerics holy symbol. He keeps detailed records of every creature he has faced. He gains the indicated multiplier to his int mod against every creature in his notebook on his attack rolls, damage rolls, intimidate rolls, and survival rolls to track ( if he has the track feat). He adds creatures to his notebook at first level by studying them for the indicated amount of time. He may have a number of creatures in his notebook equal to class level x int mod.

Complicated Memory
If a slayer is treated as studying even if his Notebook is not being written in (including in combat with the creature). He must write the entry into his notebook within 12 hours, or it is forgotten.

Pressure points
Against a flat-footed opponent, a Slayer may execute one of the following attacks:

Cripple ½ of notebook damage to dexterity.
Sleep A creature of up to 2/3 of the Slayer's class level is put to sleep for 1d6 rounds.
???
???
He gains a new Pressure point strike at every 5th level.

I feel it is lacking. I think it needs more abilities and definitely more pressure point attacks.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-03-10, 08:29 PM
I think this would make a better PrC than a Base Class.

Also, could you add saves, and BAB to your table?

For Pressure Points, here's aidea:
Paralyze (Maybe just limbs at start, to stop it from being to powerful)

Xyk
2008-03-10, 08:37 PM
I think this would make a better PrC than a Base Class.

Also, could you add saves, and BAB to your table?

For Pressure Points, here's aidea:
Paralyze (Maybe just limbs at start, to stop it from being to powerful)

The saves and BAB are listed near HD and class skills. As fighter.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-03-10, 08:41 PM
It's still much easier for the readers if you put it into the table. You already have a partial table, it shouldn't be too hard to just modify it!

Xyk
2008-03-11, 07:54 PM
Actually what happened there was I had almost finished and then discovered I was one level off so I got frustrated and just deleted that whole part. I might get back to that. It does have full BAB and good fort, but bad will and ref.

I think it really needs to be a base class as much as a soul-knife. It does give a full new ability with the notebook.

dman11235
2008-03-11, 08:49 PM
PrC. Definitely PrC. A soulknife doesn't really have anything without their main class feature, and this still functions without notebook. This is a ranger PrC. Also, you need to add BAB and saves to the table. Also, you need more abilities. Heck, just read through On the Philosophy of Class Design. (http://forums.gleemax.com/leaving.php?destination=http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D55947) Read that before posting homebrew classes.

Mando Knight
2008-03-11, 11:05 PM
*Looks at class feature*

Well, it seems that it is almost a medieval Samus Aran (in Metroid Prime series, not the 2D 'troids): Scans stuff to learn about it, then kills it. However, I agree that it would be better as a PrC than a base class, since it has several dead levels.

Hazkali
2008-03-12, 04:34 AM
*Looks at class feature*

Well, it seems that it is almost a medieval Samus Aran (in Metroid Prime series, not the 2D 'troids): Scans stuff to learn about it, then kills it. However, I agree that it would be better as a PrC than a base class, since it has several dead levels.

Definitely get rid of the dead levels if you want this to be a base class. In everything except spellcasters (because they still get more spells) they are pointless.

Xyk
2008-03-12, 11:08 AM
Okay, maybe it should be a PrC.I'll see what that looks like on a table.

Xyk
2008-03-13, 10:56 PM
Raise Thread!

I added BAB and saves to the table and made it into a 10 level PrC.