PDA

View Full Version : [PrC]Cleric of Sin

dman11235
2008-03-10, 08:37 PM
Also see: Cleric of Virtue (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4045152#post4045152)

The seven deadly sins are the epitome of evil, the most basic of vile deeds possible. A cleric of sin uses these to further the reign of evil in this world, whether for a dark lord or just his own sadistic pleasure.
Hit die: d6

Requirements:
Alignment: Any evil.
Skill: Knowledge (religion) 10 ranks, Intimidate 5 ranks.
Feats: Any one vile feat.
Spells: Must be able to cast 4th level divine spells.
Special: You must have access to at least two domains from the following: Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Pride, Sloth, Wrath.

Class Skills:
Concentration (con), Craft (int), Intimidate (cha), Knowledge (arcana) (int), Knowledge (history) (int), Knowledge (religion) (int), Knowledge (the Planes) (int), Spellcraft (int).
skll points per level: 2+int modifier.

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spellcasting
1|+0|+2|+0|+2|bonus domain, Master of Sloth|-
2|+1|+3|+0|+3|bonus feat|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
3|+1|+3|+1|+3|bonus domain, Master of Gluttony|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
4|+2|+4|+1|+4|Master of Lust|-
5|+2|+4|+1|+4|bonus domain|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
6|+3|+5|+2|+5|Master of Greed|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
7|+3|+5|+2|+5|bonus domain, Master of Wrath|-
8|+4|+6|+2|+6|bonus feat|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
9|+4|+6|+3|+6|bonus domain, Master of Envy|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
10|+5|+7|+3|+7|Apostle of Sin, Master of Pride|-[/table]

Class Features:
Weapon and Armor proficiencies: A cleric of Sin gains no new armor or weapon proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At every level except 1, 4, 7, and 10, a Cleric of Sin gains spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) in whatever divine spellcasting class he had before entering this class. If he had more than one, he must choose which class to add the spellcasting to at each level.

Master of Sin: A Cleric of Sin begins growing more acquainted with evil, allowing the sins themselves to manifest within him.
Sloth: You no longer take the -4 penalty on attack rolls while prone.
Gluttony: You gain a +4 bonus on fort saves against poison and disease.
Lust: You gain charm person as a supernatural ability usable three times per day. DC is 10+class level+charisma. This charm lasts for one hour.
Greed: You gain a +4 bonus on disarm checks and a +5 bonus on sleight of hand and appraise checks.
Wrath: You gain the rage ability usable 1/day. This functions in all ways as the barbarian class feature except that you retain the ability to use dexterity based skills and the ability to cast spells.
Envy: Three times per day you may apply the empower spell metamagic feat to any spell that damages or drains abilities or bestows negative levels.
Pride: Whenever you roll a natural 1 on an attack roll you may re-roll the attack immediately. You must accept the second roll even if it is another 1.

Bonus Feat: At levels 2 and 8, a Cleric of Sin may choose a bonus vile feat, as long as he meets the prerequisites for it.

Bonus Domain: At every odd level, a Cleric of Sin gains a bonus sin domain, from the following list: Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Pride, Sloth, Wrath. You may not choose the same one more than once.

Apostle of Sin: At tenth level, a Cleric of Sin draws forth dark powers to aid in his quest to spread evil. He gains the ability to prepare an extra domain spell of each level. This extra domain spell must be from a sin domain.

dman11235
2008-03-10, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure on a couple of the abilities. Namely the Pride one.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-03-10, 08:44 PM
Your spellcasting on the table and the ability writeup don't match.

Also, where can I find these "Sin Domains". Are they something you're homebrewing?

dman11235
2008-03-10, 08:45 PM
I completely forgot to check the spell casting. The table is the right one, I shall fix in a sec.

These domains are in the SpC. Started elsewhere for some of them.

dman11235
2008-03-13, 08:13 PM
Bumpity bump bum....bump bump!

Lets get some more views!

JackMage666
2008-03-14, 01:38 AM
It's OK, but no Cleric in their right mind would take it - If they went all the way, they'd lose 9th level spellcasting.

That means, however, that it's balanced.

dman11235
2008-03-14, 09:05 AM
What about melee focused clerics? All of their spells that they need are 5th or lower. And mastery of pride? Seems like a really good one. I will change that one to level 10 and envy to 9 though.

And that is good news.

Ethrael
2008-03-15, 04:05 AM
I think it's great for evil clerics, although not for melee focused clerics as the BAB is kinda low. But I do think that the Master of sin abilities could do without any penalties like for Gluttony for example, I thought the idea was that the clerics find a way to use sin to their own gain, so wouldn't that mean that they can harness the beneficial aspects of them and not the penalties to them. Other than that I think it's great.

dman11235
2008-03-15, 08:56 AM
Point. Will take away the penalty.