PDA

View Full Version : In Service of Her Radiant Flame

GryffonDurime
2008-03-10, 08:42 PM
Planet V-3M1, Radiant Century 6057

Four people are crowded into a room no bigger than a spacious closet. Each one sits with their back against a different wall, wrists held fast to the wall in thick, synthetic restraints. Four small plastic bags hang from the ceiling, each one dripping slowly into tubes connected to each prisoner's arms. A harsh, florescent light hums into existence from every surface in the room: ceiling, floor, and walls alike shine brightly, and from distant vents the counter-agent to suspended animation slips into the cell.

Colorful shapes dull the blaring, unkind light as the pure whiteness is replaced by a badly digitized face.

Hello STATION V-3M1 PRISONERS. You have been charged with MULTIPLE MULTIPLE HERESIES AGAINST HER RADIANT FLAME. Your trial began at 0100, and you have been found GUILTY OF MULTIPLE HERESIES AGAINST HER RADIANT FLAME. Your have been moved to this room in preparation for IMMEDIATE EXECUTION. After your last rites and testament, we will begin flooding this chamber with DEADLY NEUROTOXIN PZ101. We prostrate ourselves before Her Radiant Flame, and beg her blessing. Have a nice afterlife.

The face fades away, back into the harsh, unflinching white light. You've only got a few minutes left to make your last peace with the world: the only kindness Her Flame provides heretics.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-10, 09:01 PM
Andrei

Andrei's mind, as usual, was racing immediately upon returning to conciousness. For a moment, he was looking curiously at the faces of the others in the cell. They'd make an interesting study. His fingers itched for a holoslate and a stylus. Then he focused on the display. His eyes widened slightly as the recorded message cooly announced their imminent demise. His voice was calm, but his face and tone both belied confusion.

Heresy... but I don't recall any heresy.. this is very strange.. I thought this was some sort of mistake, but it doesn't seem to have been rectified...

He looked a little puzzled, and a bit worried as he slowly considered the options. Quickly he examined the mechanism holding him in place. Perhaps there was a way out of it so he could explain the situation to someone who would be able to fix it.

jagadaishio
2008-03-10, 10:52 PM
Corbeau

As Corbeau slowly stirs to wake, he squints his eyes against the bright light of the cell. As his eyes adjust, he hears the voice sentencing him. He struggles, failingly, to keep a straight face throughout the small speech. As it ends, he finally starts chuckling quietly to himself.

"I always figured I would die in an explosion..." he mutters while laughing. Anyone who looks in his eyes can tell that he doesn't find any of this truly funny. It's a sad, shocked, nervous laughter.

Once his eyes are fully adjusted to the light of the room, he starts sweeping it with his precise vision, looking for anything that he could use to somehow avoid this gaseous fate. He was all too used to having to react quickly to keep from dying.

Zweanslord
2008-03-11, 02:26 AM
Robyn Gregory Dander

His heart raced. It raced with fear. Fear of death. Just a few moment ago, he had woken up in a state unknown. Ample time to look around, to feel his bonds, to be reminded of his situation. He had been momentarily blinded by the light and had heard the voice. Opening his eyes once more, he had seen the figure. But the words had difficulty coming through. When he realised what had been said, his eyes widened. His heart started to race. "This can not be happening to me.." He uttered as his mind was filled with unbelief of his situation. How had it come to this?

Fear was obvious from his face and he felt his body shiver. A tremble shook through and he slowly clenched his fist, as if that would do him some good. He felt powerless in a situation he had never wanted to be. Heresy? It could not be. Multiple? What was wrong? Execution? Afterlife?

No.. this can not be happening.. "No.." He uttered, though it sounded like a whimper. He wanted to scream against the harsh, blinding white light, but more then an utter would not go from his lips. He wanted to break free of his chains, shouting out.. something.

His mind was in a state of conflict, in a state of disbelief. He had always been a loyal follower of Her Radiant Flame. He had done nothing wrong. Yet, he was here. Here, to be executed. How can this be? And then, his mind found an answer. It must have been a mistake! But Her Radiant Flame made no mistakes. The guards, they must have made a mistake! Clinging to that belief, Robyn Gregory Dander found fear to be a sudden motivator. A motivator for behaviour that went against his normally peaceful attitude.

He shook against his bonds, trying in vain to get lose. "No! I did nothing wrong! Let me out of here! A mistake was made! Please, by Her Radiant Flame, let me go! I did nothing wrong!" He shouted, moving and stirring, trying in vain to get lose. He could no longer think rational, with only fear to guide him. His eyes became more wet and a first tear lingered before it raced down across his cheek. This can not be happening to me..

The_Snark
2008-03-11, 04:22 AM
Tren

The young woman (at least, so she appears) in the third set of restraints stares up at the lights, uncomprehending until the voice stops. For a few seconds, she simply refuses to understand, then her mind snaps back into gear; rather understandably, she begins to panic. The whole business of being captured had been rattling, but the monotony of the holding cell had been enough to dull her fears somewhat.

"Oh my god, they're going to kill me, they're actually going to kill me," she moans to herself, barely even aware she's talking. "This can't be happening, this can't... oh sweet space, they're going to kill me!" She rocks back and forth in her restraints looking rather glassy-eyed, as if hoping somehow that somebody had been foolish enough to leave them unlocked.

GryffonDurime
2008-03-11, 03:24 PM
A sudden, mechanical hiss is heard as a slow mist of pinkish-orange gas begins to fill the chamber from ceiling downward. Another face appears through the white of the walls, badly digitized but somehow more comforting.

"Wait, just a moment, then. You'll be fine, just look for Vent 1-44A and follow it to the Special Detentions Division. We'll be waiting there for you."

With those words, your restraints go limp and dissolve instantly, and the floor beneath you opens up, and the four of you fall into a sickening sludge. Looking around, you can see what seems to be an intricate sewer system, but this isn't sewage it's running with. It's bits of people, sometimes large, disturbingly whole bits. Hatches line the wall every few hundred feet, and the nearest you can find reads 1-22A. Above you, pink-orange mist falls down slowly into the sewers, and you can hear mechanical sounds of cutting and grinding.

Zweanslord
2008-03-11, 04:06 PM
Robyn Gregory Dander

Shivering as he hears the hiss and sees the gas, Robyn is surprised to see the face again. When he hears what it has to say, hope fills within him. They heard me! They believed me! I am going to live! Were his thoughts as a small smile dared to form when the restrains go limp and dissolve within an instant. When the floor opens up beneath them, he lets out a yelp of uncomfortable surprise. Never having expected the floor to be their exit, his yelp turns in a yelp of pain. Whether it was because of pain from the fall or whether it was from expected pain from the fall, he does not even know at the moment either. "The sewers?" Robyn asks as he looks around, not able to make it a mere question in thought due to his situation. He is let out and winds up in the apparent sewer system. It seems to make little sense, but then, he notices it is not filthy sewage.

It is worse, far worse. Upon realisation of that, he lets out a basically girlish scream of fear as he jumps up, as if trying to get away from the bits of people. Yet, that jump had been made without thought, causing him to slip upon landing and fall in the sludge - again. Taking back to screaming, he tries to get up in a panic, though due to his stress, he only makes it worse to himself and gets up clumsily. He quickly tries to get the bits of people off, making whimpering sounds. "Ew, ew, eeew!" When he then hears the mechanical sounds of cutting and grinding, he shivers immensely. What did I end up in?! Is the thought running his head. When he notices the pink-orange mist falling down above him, he makes sure to step clear of it and away from it. And in fact, keeps on stepping. "Vent 1-44A, Vent 1-44A, Vent 1-44A..." He repeats to himself, making sure not to forget it. "Thank you, Radiant Flame, for getting me out of there. Vent 1-44A. Now please get me out of here.. oh, dear, oh dear. Have to remember. Vent 1-44A, Vent 1-44A, Vent 1-44A..." He still seems to tremble severly, far from liking his current situation. For the moment, he only has one thing in his mind. "I have to get out of here... Vent 1-44A, Vent 1-44A, Vent 1-44A..." He tries to find the path that makes the number of the vent go up with the second number.

jagadaishio
2008-03-11, 05:54 PM
Corbeau

Corbeau's reaction is that of a person used to falling. He rights himself in the air as he falls and lands on his feet, surprised but now no longer laughing madly. Until he sees what he fell in. He can feel his stomach turn over once at the sight of the human parts flowing around him.

"...That is a human hand..." is the first thing he manages to say. He decides that it would probably be best not to talk until the shock has faded. The cutting and grinding noises don't help. That could easily have been him. He puts these thoughts from his mind and starts scanning whatever tunnel they are in as deep as he can, mentally cursing the mists flowing from above for drastically limiting the range of his vision.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-11, 06:58 PM
Andrei

Andrei blinked rapidly as his eyes adjusted to the change in lighting conditions. He hadn't fallen gracefully, and he picked himself up, dusting at his close. At his companion's scream, he looked around quickly, seeking the source of the disturbance. Looking down, he stared for a moment, then broke his silence.

Ah... Efficient. It must save a great deal of time and effort when it comes to disposal... Though the effect is rather... unpleasant when one is in the thick of it. He sighs a little, his face slightly disturbed. He was already thinking about what the purpose of this whole exercise might be, but he had an idea or two, and he found himself bouyed by the possibilities he imagined. He looked both ways down the tunnel, looking for the nearest numbered chutes on either side. However, I think it best that we begin moving immediately. As soon as he found which way the numbers increased, he set off ,trying not to think about the.... debris under his feet, or the grinding noises above.

The_Snark
2008-03-12, 04:14 AM
Trena

Tren stares up at the new face for a moment before her mind grasps the fact that it might have longer to live than a minute or two; by that time, the floor is opening beneath her. She regains her bearing both physically and mentally at about the same time, clambering upright in the sewage.

No. Not quite sewage. She stares at what is clearly a portion of a shin, stomach threatening to revolt; but her abrupt drop from her panicked state has left her at least relatively calm. There's nothing wrong with dead people; come on, you've seen this, you've dealt with it in anatomical classes... urg. She remembers what the voice said, and looks about at the vent numbers, her mind taking refuge in speculation to avoid thinking about the bodies too much. 1-22A; that means we want one that's on the same side, down a ways. This must be the disposal vents for... former prisoners—she firmly reminds herself that she's alive, and that's about all she has the time to worry about right now—but why are they telling us to go down the disposal vents? What's going on here, anyway? For the first time, she really takes notice of the others from her cell, clambering along in the same direction. Well, somebody decided to let us all go at once. But what for?

GryffonDurime
2008-03-12, 09:13 PM
As you approach the vent you've all been instructed to find, you see two biomechanical guards marching towards you in stiff, clanking steps. Their LED eyes flicker from blue to red as they notice you, and a whirring electric buzz peals through the pungent, foul air as they draw tiny weapons that resemble scorpion tails. Each begins to fire swiftly but ineffectively in your direction, and each shot leaves a disgusting globule of lingering acid.

jagadaishio
2008-03-12, 10:15 PM
Corbeau

Corbeau tries to clear his mind as best he can in this hell of flowing body parts. He starts moving forward as quickly as he can in the macabre sludge, ducking and weaving, dodging what acid shots he can. If he manages to get close enough to the guards without being hit, he gives a massive leap and tries to land heels-first on one guard's chest. He'll then try to disarm the other.

If at any point during this he gets shot, he just dives to the side and tries to keep from being hit again.

His eyes focus on each weapon before it fires, his mind instinctually predicting the lines that the shots will travel in. He hopes he's quick enough to pull it off. Getting shot by acid guns doesn't sound much more pleasant than the grinding and whirring going on overhead.

Zweanslord
2008-03-13, 08:17 AM
Robyn Gregory Dander

His eyes had been set full of hope ahead, towards the vent they had been instructed to go. He had paced along, trying to get all those awful thoughts inspired by the stuff-he-did-not-want-to-think-about below him out of his head. He had repeated the vent number as a mantra, muttering it each time, not wanting to forget it. He had seen the others coming along, but he was still more than creeped out by this whole event, so he stuck with his mantra. When he saw the two guards, he let out a sigh of relief. "Finally, somebody to help... us....?" What was an expression of relief turned into shock and horror as they drew their tiny weapons and started to fire swiftly. His eyes had followed one of the blasts and saw that what it left behind was something he did not dare to get in touch with. This is a mistake, I don't want to die after having escaped death! Surged through his mind. Acting upon that thought, he spoke up towards the guards, though his voice did not sound very steadfast at all. "No, wait, don't fire! There was a mistake and now we are being let out!" He raises up his arms and waves them to the guards, trying to indicate that they have to stop.

The_Snark
2008-03-13, 11:23 AM
Trena

Trena halts as she first sees the guards, reflexively jerking aside as they first raise what are clearly weapons. $#@&! Those are not the guys who got us out of here! She starts to move backwards, only to realize that she'll be wandering lost in the vents and organic... slush, if she runs, and that the vent she was told to go to was tantalizingly without reach.

Keeping close to the wall, weaving aside whenever she thinks one of them is so much as looking at her, she dashes forward in a half-crouch, trying to get to the vent without being shot. Flame, I hope it's open. And that they don't just follow us in. Part of her has to stifle a nervous laugh at her instinct to swear by the being currently trying to kill her, but most of her is preoccupied with the seeming lunacy of moving closer to the things shooting at her...

GryffonDurime
2008-03-13, 03:39 PM
Corbeau dashes ahead and succeeds in planting a sturdy kick on the first mechanoid's chest, knocking him into the organic waste. The current of it sends him backwards, deeper into the sewage system. The second wastes a moment's contemplation examining the fate of its comrade--these are not, apparently, very intelligent beings. After that moment, it absentmindedly fires and manages to graze Corbeau on the leg, leaving a hissing blot of ink-thick orange acid.

Trena manages to open the hatch thanks to Corbeau's unintentional diversion, and finds within the anti-gravity equivalent of a man-sized pneumatic tube. A small placard on the hatch's interior reads quite clearly:

Vent 1-44A: General Detention Disposal Sluice//Special Detentions Area

Zweanslord
2008-03-13, 04:18 PM
Robyn Gregory Dander

Seeing as how his companions seem to react differently to the guards, with one attacking and the other moving to the vent, Robyn has some trouble with the situation. "Oh dear Flame, I hope we did not make things worse now.." He mutters to himself, looking at the current sending the fallen guard deeper away. Gulping, he decides to follow the lead of the one going through the vent, as that seems the wisest to do now.. He tries to move fast, but carefully, since he does not want to trip again and especially not be swept by any current towards the guards as they are. "Oh dear, oh dear.." He utters in a panicky voice, hoping dearly that no shots would be fired upon him.

The_Snark
2008-03-13, 05:11 PM
Trena

Trena's mind registers the label, and after a moment of sheer relief that it was the right one, she starts to wonder about it. Disposal and special detention? What's that supposed to mean? Do they clean it out when they want to take live prisoners, or is it—oh s***, are we "special" prisoners?—where they dispose of unusual prisoners? She begins having second thoughts, wondering if this is all some bizarrely elaborate execution. Those second thoughts are far too late; she can still hear the sound of weapons discharging, though hopefully the lunatic who'd charged at the guards was the one they were aiming at, and her legs don't wait for her mind to catch up. By the time she wonders where the tube will take her and what's going to happen at the end of it, she is already within it, speeding on her way to an unknown destination.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-13, 08:33 PM
Andrei

Andrei looked nervously at the constructs, his eyes darting between them... searching for some vulnerability. But they seemed... well, shoddily made. Or else they had been programmed to let them past... either way, better take this opportunity. He was of little use in combat anyway. thinking thus, he moved for the shaft, seeking to make as quick an exit as possible towards relative safety.

jagadaishio
2008-03-13, 09:26 PM
Corbeau

Feeling the sting of the weapon against his leg, Corbeau tries to punch the guard in its face and wrench its weapon out of its hand before dodging and weaving back towards the shaft with the others. I hope I don't end up limping from that shot. That could severely limit my chances of survival.

GryffonDurime
2008-03-15, 07:03 PM
The tubes send their passengers flying, and shortly after Trena lands with a solid thump, followed by Andrei. After a moment's rest, they notice that they've landed on a pile of broken bits of biomechanoid--an entire platoon of guards. They're all deactivated now, and in front of them stands the doors to an area marked "Special Detentions Area." Or, at least, the doors used to stand there. Now they kind of lay there, broken and burnt, and just inside there are roughly ten men and women, all dressed in the bright purple garb of Imperial Heretics.

"Trena?" one of them asks.

Meanwhile....

Corbin's leg begins to sizzle with agony as the acid takes the brunt of its effect, and the guard moves to aim again. Behind him, Robyn stands, currently out of the machine's aim and perfectly capable of entering the vent.

jagadaishio
2008-03-15, 07:26 PM
Corbeau

Corbeau lashes out at the guard's hand with his good leg in order to throw off his aim long enough to move as quickly as he can, weaving back and forth to present a more difficult target, over to the opened hatch. If he can get there without getting shot again, he bails into it to keep from getting killed by the acid shots.

The_Snark
2008-03-15, 07:41 PM
Trena

Trena blinks repeatedly as she gets up, brushing herself off a bit but deciding she'd better stop as her hand encounters an unpleasant wet blotch on her leg; that could only have come from the tunnels above them.

"Yeah?" She peers at the figure cautiously, eyes still adjusting from the sudden change in lighting and the lack of the oddly colored mist, to see if she recognizes him or her.

GryffonDurime
2008-03-15, 07:58 PM
The stranger in purple nods. "Right, good, you're the green heretic, class XII, right? Sorry about the roughness of the rescue, so to speak, but the options were limited. Look--is he a friend of yours? Or him," the man asks, pointing from Andrei to the newly-arrived Corbeau.

The_Snark
2008-03-15, 08:07 PM
Trena

"I've got no idea who they are," Trena says, a little nonplussed. "They were in the same cell I was. Uh... thanks for getting me out of there, by the way." She shivers, but the transition from surreal danger to what looks like it might be safety does wonders for her nerves. "Who are you, anyway? And why d'you need a green?"

GryffonDurime
2008-03-15, 08:26 PM
"We need a green," the man says, and motions to his friends behind him. They open a large blast door and reveal the tip of what appears to be a large ship...at least it seems to be a ship. It looks more like a whale made out of shiny moss. "...to unlock the genetic codes on this. Figured that there'd be a couple others in there with you, but once we saw your file...let's just say we didn't expect to need the services of a green. If you can unlock the Vergil, though, you and any of those that came with you can have a free ride to any planet you want--in the Empire, out of the Empire."

jagadaishio
2008-03-15, 08:43 PM
Corbeau

Still nervous about the prospect of the guard he left standing at the top of the shaft, Corbeau gives a cursory sweep of the biomechanical droids. If any of them still have a projectile weapon on them, he grabs it and (if he has a pocket) pockets it. The more compact the weapon is, the better. "Do you know how to pilot that ship once it's unlocked?" he asks, not putting a hand on his burning leg for fear of also harming his hand.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-15, 09:37 PM
Andrei

Andrei looked about nervously... heretics? but, then again, they were calling him a heretic, weren't they? this all might be some sort of large misunderstanding... beside,s the pragmatic part of him knew there was little chance of him getting out any other way.

Andrei Entari... a pleasure, I'm sure.... hmmm.. and if she's unable to get through the genetic lock, I can certainly take a look at it. I have some small aptitude with mechanical devices. He gives a small smile at this, as at some private joke.

The_Snark
2008-03-15, 11:26 PM
Trena

"Vergil?" Trena asks quizzically, moving further into the chamber to get a better look at the thing, professional interest taking the foreground. "Never heard of one, but I can try..." She frowns at it. "Hold on. Do you mean unlock it as in, somebody's using a genetic code as the password on a lock, or do you mean this thing's biological?"

GryffonDurime
2008-03-15, 11:40 PM
"The Flame's personal scholars refer to him as the Vergil," the leader of the heretics says. "Supposedly the warship VS87 came across him in deep space, beyond the Imperial Rim. And yes, according to everything in Her Flame's records...he is alive. The Vergil is something entirely alien, and the end of Her Radiant Flame if we can get out of here with it. Supposedly, even She is afraid of it. Follow me," he says, and leads Trena and anyone else willing closer to the creature. As he approaches its...forehead?...a mass of the green moss that comprises it slides way to form an entry. Within this chamber, there is a huge pool full of sickly gray and pink protoneurons.

"This is the Vergil's brain," the man says, and he sets his hand on a panel just beside the pool. A clicking noise fills the chamber, and then a great buzz peals throughout. "We just need someone to splice the code to control the Vergil into my DNA. The schematics and equipment are..." he begins, offering up a datapad and a recombinating syringe to Trena before running out. "K'rath! Get this ship ready to move," he says, throwing her the equipment.

If any of you peer outside, you can see the heretics fending off a second wave of guards. This group, however, is gathered around a tall, humanoid figure: something like a woman, but in endless veils. A great, fiery voice echoes throughout the entire complex: though bone and soul.

"I do not think you will be going anywhere."

The_Snark
2008-03-16, 12:40 AM
Trena

"Mother of stars," Tren mutters as the thing opens up. It'd been a while since she'd seen the nebula that had given rise to that exclamation on Satrabe and Palenta. "All right, if you've got the genecode and your own genetic profile here—" She is cut off as he runs outside.

The noises of fighting percolate through the thing's—Vergil's—organic material, and with a muttered curse she opens up the datapad, checking first to make sure that it had the necessary information for the splice; she couldn't do it fast if she had to do it from scratch. Second, she checks to see if the man has bothered to record his own genetic code on the pad; if he'd been altered in the past, it could throw everything off, with potentially disastrous results. One of the biggest causes of death among amateur splicers was failing to take a pre-existing splice into account when adjusting a new splice to a patient. Even if he hadn't had any alterations, it was a lot safer to know exactly what code she was dealing with; some human genetic disorders, especially redundant genes and quite a few they hadn't identified purposes for, could react strangely if something seemingly unconnected was altered. If he didn't take a sample from himself... hell, I guess I'll calibrate for the most common gene patterns and hope he doesn't have recessive disorders sitting around back there. She sits on what passes for a floor, and begins tapping information into the datapad, calibrating the nanites in the syringe as fast as she can.

She freezes for a bare instant as the voice resonates through her, then continues, working faster as she scrolls down through the schematics. I'm a heretic. They'll kill me if I can't do this. That voice, that voice... what's out there? She doesn't stop working to look, but nor can she fully expunge the worry about what's happening outside.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-16, 12:59 AM
Andrei

Even as Trena works at calibrating the proper genecode to break the lock, Andrei steps forward, his eyes going slightly out of focus as he looks at the mechanism, focusing on it to the exclusion of all else.. he began to examine the panel, searching for a way to open it to hack it, to bypass the code system altogether... he grinned as the neurons began to fire, wheels began to turn. As always, he felt light... he entered a state of flow, where his thoughts danced easily and nimbly, and his fingers with them... always seeking a solution, looking for a way in.... he hummed a little to himself... he felt he was actually getting somewhere... and then... the voice.

He turned, his face enraptured as he looked upon a sight he'd never thought he'd see... majestic and terrible, strange and wondrous all at once, and he said the first thing that came to mind, in a tone of ardent wonder.

beautiful... my kingdom for a holoplate and stylus.

Zweanslord
2008-03-16, 07:09 AM
Robyn Gregory Dander

Slipping along the sewage on the floor, Robyn had slid over just before again, rending him particularly slow to follow the others. However, when he finally got up again, he went as fast as he could to go through the vent. Not paying much a ttention to what was written about it, Robyn could only think about getting away of the shooting things. Thankful for his companion to fend off the guards, he dived after Corbeau through the vent.

When he landed on the bits of biomechanoid, Robyn hardly realised it at first. When the realisation seeped in though, he jumped off in fear and tumbled down, landing ungraciously on the floor. He was glad to see these were at least deactivated. When he rises, he notices the situation. With somewhat large, hesitant eyes, he observes his surroundings as he tries to brush off the filth from his brown suit. Being rather unsuccessful with that, he does notice how behind the broken doors is the Special Detentions area and there are bright purple garbed persons there.

Walking over to them and the ones that escaped with him from jail, he mind slowly started to register something. If that was true, they were not dealing with the official persons he was expecting. Not understanding why they were here, since it had been a mistake and they had been left out, he wonders how to act. He looks hesitantly at the purple clad persons and tries to follow those from his cell. When arriving at the group, he raises his hand in a greeting and speaks up. "He..hello." He gives a weak smile, not knowing what to expect. He walks besides Corbeau, and speaks up to him. "Thanks for protecting us back there." Seeing as how the purple clad persons are more focusing on other things than they or busy with Tren, he wonders if the people here know her.

When he sees the shining moss whale, he looks more confused and somewhat amazed by the sight. "Who are these people?" Asks Robyn int he air, still standing next to Corbeau. When he notices how Trena and the one of these people she was talking to start to walk walk towards the whale of moss, he decides to follow them. After all, Andrei does so too and he rather stuck with the familiar faces, even if he had no clue who the people were he shared his cell with. But at least they were in the same situation as he.

Following them inside the moss that split apart for the, he hears what they desire from Tren. From this, he concludes that she must know about genetic engineering. He concludes Andrei must know something about biology too when he hears his comment about trading his kingdom. Robyn, however, does not feel comforted. He knows little about this all and the fiery voicing ringing through his whole being had done nothing to comfort him either, rather the opposite. Even less comfort he gained from the wave of guards that were fought off. He felt an urge to hide in a dark corner, hoping that this would all come to pass and that he would wake up at home, but he knew that such would not be the case.

As takes a few further steps to look about, he looks at the interior of this.. thing. It all seemed so weird, so.. well, alien. As he stood there, a feeling of being helpless overcame him. Unlike the women, he would not be very useful here. Unlike the other smart fellow, he was not mystified by the wonders of the ship. Unlike the tough guy, he did not have the guts to fight. They were under attack and he could do nothing. But there was at least one good thing. He was alive and out of the cell. Yet, in what kind of situation was he now? What had these people done to get them out? Questions bubbled in his mind and confusion and doubt follow, though these were more likely overshadowed by the fear of what would happen if the guards managed to get to them..

jagadaishio
2008-03-23, 09:59 PM
((OOC: It's been a week, why has everything just stopped?))

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-23, 11:12 PM
(I was wondering the same thing. Andrei's staring in artistic rapture at the moment, so he can't do much...)

jagadaishio
2008-03-29, 11:00 AM
((I'm thinking that this game may be dead.))