PDA

View Full Version : [PrC]Cleric of Virtue

dman11235
2008-03-10, 08:43 PM
Going hand in hand with my Cleric of Sin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4045128#post4045128). Obviously needs work. Primarily: new domains.

The seven virtues are the epitome of good, allowing one to ignore the temptation of evil and further the cause of good in the world. A Cleric of Virtue uses these truths to achieve a sort of enlightenment.
Hit die: d6

Requirements:
Alignment: Any good.
Skill: Knowledge (religion) 10 ranks, diplomacy 10 ranks.
Feats: Any one exalted feat.
Spells: Must be able to cast 4th level divine spells.
Special: You must have access to at least two domains from the following: Charity, Chastity, Diligence, Humility, Kindness, Patience, Temperance.

Class Skills:
Concentration (con), Craft (int), Diplomacy (cha), Knowledge (arcana) (int), Knowledge (history) (int), Knowledge (religion) (int), Knowledge (the Planes) (int), Spellcraft (int).
skll points per level: 2+int modifier.

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spellcasting
1|+0|+2|+0|+2|bonus domain, Master of Diligence|-
2|+1|+3|+0|+3|bonus feat|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
3|+1|+3|+1|+3|bonus domain, Master of Temperance|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
4|+2|+4|+1|+4|Master of Chastity|-
5|+2|+4|+1|+4|bonus domain|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
6|+3|+5|+2|+5|Master of Charity|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
7|+3|+5|+2|+5|bonus domain, Master of Forgiveness|-
8|+4|+6|+2|+6|bonus feat|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
9|+4|+6|+3|+6|bonus domain, Master of Humility|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
10|+5|+7|+3|+7|Apostle of Virtue, Master of Kindness|-[/table]

Class Features:
Weapon and Armor proficiencies: A Cleric of Virtue gains no new armor or weapon proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At every level besides 1, 4, 7, and 10, a Cleric of Virtue gains spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) in whatever divine spellcasting class he had before entering this class. If he had more than one, he must choose which class to add the spellcasting to at each level.

Master of Virtue: A Cleric of Virtue begins growing more acquainted with good, allowing the virtues themselves to manifest within him.
Diligence:
Temperance:
Chastity:
Charity:
Forgiveness:
Humility:
Kindness:

Bonus Feat: At levels 2 and 8, a Cleric of Virtue may choose a bonus exalted feat, as long as he meets the prerequisites for it.

Bonus Domain: At every odd level, a Cleric of Virtue gains a bonus virtue domain, from the following list: Charity, Chastity, Diligence, Humility, Kindness, Patience, Temperance. You may not choose the same one more than once.

Apostle of Virtue: At tenth level, a Cleric of Virtue draws forth the powers of light to aid in his quest to spread good. He gains the ability to prepare an extra domain spell of each level. This extra domain spell must be from a virtue domain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Domains

Charity Domain
Granted Power: You can transfer hit points from yourself to another living creature by touch, once per day as a standard action. When you use this power, the target creature is healed of any amount of damage up to your current hp +10, and you take an equal amount of damage. If this is sufficient to kill you or render you unconscious, this effect occurs immediately after the transfer.
1: goodberry
2: shield other
3: create food and water
4: imbue with spell ability
5: atonement
6: heroes' feast
7: refuge
8: protection from spells
9: unbinding

Chastity
Granted Power:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

Diligence
Granted Power:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

Humility
Granted Power:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

Kindness
Granted Power:
1: divine favor
2: calm emotions
3: prayer
4: restoration
5: commune
6: planar ally
7: restoration, greater
8: planar ally, greater
9: miracle

Patience
Granted Power:
1: Healthful Rest
2: Augury
3: Continual Flame
4: Restoration
5: Permanency
6: Opalescent Glare
7: Regenerate
8: Cocoon
9: True Resurrection

Temperance
Granted Power:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

dman11235
2008-03-12, 04:01 PM
Mainly bumping to get more views, but if anyone would like to help me out with the new domains, I would be much obliged. I will try though.

I really can't get the Master of Virtue abilities done until then, since I will be basing them off of the domain powers like I did with my Cleric of Sin (mirror class linked at top).

dman11235
2008-03-13, 09:29 PM
Okay, after reading the domains that Dragon has, I must say I am not impressed. Not in the least. The domain powers are nothing like the domains are supposed to be, and half the time are something the opposite of what the virtue is. Also, they aren't the seven as I have seen them (where is kindness? Diligence? Generosity is humility and zeal is not exactly virtuous). So I will continue with the making of new domains. Over the next couple days I will try to get some done.

Miraqariftsky
2008-03-14, 06:49 AM
Ok, let's see how we can help...

Hey, these'll be mostly "fluff", alright? I ain't much of a GM...

Chastity: Folk are more likely to believe ye because yer known for yer altruistic sincerity. Couple this with the no-sex-vow-of-chastity and ye get folk to confide in ye more easily. Of course, that's not to say that ye can begin pumping Bluff, au contraire...

Diligence: Ye are renowned for yer great diligence with yer tasks be they mystical or mundane, you still go about them with a fervent zeal. Ye are loved by the working class, be they brute labourers or goodwives or glassblowers or potters, etc. for helping them with their work. Spells: I dunno, something along the lines of Haste, Shape Stone, Summon Elemental, Create Water, etc.

Et cetera. I'll be back.

shadeofblack
2008-03-16, 03:43 AM
kindness:

1-divine favor
2-calm emotions or make whole
3-prayer
4-restoration
5-commune
6-planar ally
7-restoration, greater
8-planar ally, greater
9-miracle

Ethrael
2008-03-16, 05:00 AM
Patience

1. Healthful Rest
2. Augury
3. Continual Flame
4. Restoration
5. Permanency
6. Opalescent Glare
7. Regenerate
8. Cocoon
9. Miracle or True Resurrection

I wasn't sure what exactly was the idea of "patience" so I just put some stuff I thought fit. :smallsmile:

shadeofblack
2008-03-16, 05:13 AM
hmm... I just realized dman had used create food and water for the charity domain. I'll change the 3rd level spell to "prayer" for the kindness domain. also I think true resurrection would be more appropriate for the patience domain.

shadeofblack
2008-03-16, 07:39 AM
first 4 from the book of erotic fantasy :)

chastity

1-block the seed
2-resist temptation
3-innocence of the the virgin
4-impotency
5-wall of stone (in case impotency fails :smalltongue: )
6-
7-
8-
9-

I'll complete it later

Ethrael
2008-03-16, 07:50 AM
Loving the chastity spells.

I chose Miracle for 9 as you could perceive is as waiting for your god to help. But I realise it's very powerful to have as a Domain spell. I guess true ressurection is a good idea. It's really up to dman IMO.

shadeofblack
2008-03-16, 08:00 AM
Loving the chastity spells.

I chose Miracle for 9 as you could perceive is as waiting for your god to help. But I realise it's very powerful to have as a Domain spell. I guess true ressurection is a good idea. It's really up to dman IMO.

thanks. I think true resurrection is more appropriate because (as in oots) your object is waiting to be resurrected and must be patient until it's their time to come back, where as with miracle you're asking for your deity's kindness.

dman11235
2008-03-16, 08:23 AM
Thank you guys so much! The spells are the hardest part of the domains IMO. I just don't have anywhere near an encyclopedic knowledge of the spells out there. And I love the use of BoEF for the Chastity domain. I love that book now. It was well done. And I think I will use TRes instead of Miracle, TRes can be more of a patience thing.