PDA

View Full Version : Slowed Down Music?

kirbsys
2008-03-11, 10:07 PM
Hey does anyone know if i-Tunes can play back music at lower speeds? There are some songs that I want to learn on guitar and Rock Band set me on the idea that slowing them down might make it a bit easier to learn. Is that possible with i-tunes? If not, does anyone know of any other music systems that I could down-load for free that would work? The only problem is that they must be i-pod compatible because most of my music is on my i-pod.

Thanks!

Darth Mario
2008-03-11, 10:17 PM
iTunes cannot change playback speed. If you want to slow something down, I suggest Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Best free audio manipulation software out there.

That said, be warned: Slowing down audio causes the pitch to drop. Make sure, if you use Audacity, to change TEMPO not SPEED.

valadil
2008-03-12, 12:09 PM
You might want to look into Guitar Pro. It plays .gp4 files which are kind of like midis with tablature thrown in. Most tab sites have them.

Emrylon
2008-03-12, 03:08 PM
Guitar pro is very good for learning songs. I have it and it has helped a lot with more difficult stuff.

kirbsys
2008-03-14, 10:36 PM
I love guitar pro, so far I only have the trial version, but I can't wait to get the full one.