PDA

View Full Version : Color Picker?

Glawackus
2008-03-12, 08:48 PM
I was making a post earlier in an OOC thread to determine that all-important choice: what color my character's dialogue is going to be. I clicked on the "A" up at the top of the screen as always, and saw that instead of the usual "here are some swatches of color", it had a list with the color, and a label saying the color's name. I assumed there'd been a stealth update and ticked it off as another cool thing here at GitP.

Now, I click back on the A and my list has been replaced with the swatches again. Does anyone know how to get that text list back? (I have a color vision problem, and having the text labels with the color like that makes it a lot easier for me. :smallsmile:)

Ego Slayer
2008-03-12, 08:58 PM
Occasionally, and especially during forum lag, buttons and such don't load the image, and you see text instead... I'm going to bet that this is the same thing that happens to me where, say, the edit button just says "Edit" in plain text instead of it's button image.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-12, 10:46 PM
Hm.

Only advice I can give is to select a swatch and look at the code it inserts on your post and then memorize its name. Then just get used to typing it in manually.

...My color vision has always been just peachy, so I really have no idea if that's helpful at all.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-03-15, 10:02 AM
Here is a list of colors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors) that might be helpful, although it requires that you use the hex triplet and not simply the name when applying them:

Black

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-15, 04:21 PM
Ooh, you can use hex codes for colors as well? That's awesome! :smallbiggrin: