PDA

View Full Version : Raiders of Oakhurst, Group 2

Abardam
2008-03-13, 05:33 AM
The town of Oakhurst has been plagued by monsters. Small monstrous creatures have been harassing Oakhurst at night, stealing chickens, killing sheep, breaking windows and fence posts, and otherwise making nuisances of themselves. The villagers haven’t seen the creatures except for red eyes glowing in the darkness, but the creatures left behind three-toed clawed track marked with lines indicating tails.

Teren IV, the elder, begs your help. 4 gold pieces each, and four sacks of grain. It isn't much, but it's all they can afford. You accept because you are brave adventurers.

On the fourth day, you set out. Riardon Brightvale tracks the most recent trail, made by four of the creatures to a cave four miles to the north. There is a faint glow coming from the inside.

------------------------------------------------------

While in combat, please post an information block like so:

TIRA DUSKMEADOW
HP: 28/28; HEALING SURGE HP: 7; HEALING SURGES: 9/9
AC: 15; FORTITUDE: 13; REFLEX: 13; WILL: 15
INITIATIVE: +0; SPEED: 6
ENCOUNTER: Witchfire
DAILY: Curse of the Dark Dream
WEAPON FOR OPPORTUNITY ATTACKS: Dagger +3, 1d4

and cross out your encounter and daily powers with the strikethrough () once you've used them.

All rolls are done by you, with the board's roller. Try to keep this moving as fast as possible, which means about one round a day while in combat. If you want you can also post future actions.

Silkenfist
2008-03-13, 06:39 AM
Skamos follows the Ranger, trying to keep himself in the middle of the marching group and constantly suppressing the thought of them being overpaid exterminators. When the cave appears before them, he stops in his tracks, wets a finger and holds it up to determine the wind direction.
"Sh...forest boy. Can you perceive anything from inside there?"

Skamos Redmoon
HP: 20/20; HEALING SURGE HP: 5; HEALING SURGES: 6/6
AC: 15; FORTITUDE: 10; REFLEX: 15; WILL: 13
INITIATIVE: +2; SPEED: 6
ENCOUNTER: Force Orb, Infernal Wrath
DAILY: Sleep

Duke of URL
2008-03-13, 08:04 AM
Erais The Sunlord

Rewards be damned, these people need help, and the power of Amaunator will be of great use here. He says nothing aloud, but holds his mace at the ready in case it is needed. He'll let the true warriors go ahead of him, but he'll stay close to the front to provide rapid support.

(( I'd also add action points to the stat block, putting mine up now for easy reference later; Healing Word can be used 2x per encounter, so I've simply added it twice. ))

ERAIS THE SUNLORD
HP: 24/24; HEALING SURGE HP: 6; HEALING SURGES: 8/8
AC: 16; FORTITUDE: 13; REFLEX: 12; WILL: 17
INITIATIVE: +1; SPEED: 5; ACTION POINTS: 1
ENCOUNTER: Cause Fear, Channel Divinity, Healing Word, Healing Word
DAILY: Cascade of Light
WEAPON FOR OPPORTUNITY ATTACKS: Mace +4, 1d8+2 (+1 damage if 2-handed)

Neftren
2008-03-13, 09:55 AM
Riardon Brightvale

"So... nice weather we're having." The Eladrin ranger shifts a bit.

Still working out the statblock and sheet stuff. Will get that up later. Also a bit short on time, which is why the short post.

GryffonDurime
2008-03-13, 01:08 PM
Tira Duskmeadow

"Does anyone else hear blue?" Tira offers up to no one in particular in her usual, shadowy voice. "Or maybe..." she pauses, sniffing the air like wine. "No, orange. Definitely orange."

So nice to have mine done for me.
TIRA DUSKMEADOW
HP: 28/28; HEALING SURGE HP: 7; HEALING SURGES: 9/9
AC: 15; FORTITUDE: 13; REFLEX: 13; WILL: 15
INITIATIVE: +0; SPEED: 6
ENCOUNTER: Witchfire
DAILY: Curse of the Dark Dream

MammonAzrael
2008-03-14, 05:39 PM
Corrin Reedson

Following just behind Riardon, Corrin laughs at his attempted humor. "Yes, well lets see if we can't get rid of the rainclouds that are tormenting that poor village."

Corrin Reedson
HP: 27/27; HEALING SURGE HP: 6; HEALING SURGES: 11/11
AC: 20; FORTITUDE: 13; REFLEX: 14; WILL: 16
ENCOUNTER: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle or Divine Strength, Second Chance, Shielding Smite
DAILY: On Pain of Death
WEAPON FOR OPPORTUNITY ATTACKS: Shortsword +5 vs. AC, 1d6+2

Neftren
2008-03-16, 05:15 PM
Riardon

"So what are we going to do about them creatures in there?"

Riardon Brightvale
HP: 23/23; Healing Surge HP: 5; Healing Surges/Day: 6/6
AC: 17; Fortitude: 13; Reflex: 15; Will: 13
Initiative: +4; Speed: 6 Squares
Encounter: Fox's Cunning
DAILY: Split the Tree
Weapon for Opportunity Attacks: Longbow, +6 vs. AC, 1d10+4 Damage

Silkenfist
2008-03-16, 06:53 PM
Skamos

The wizard shrugs. "Well I guess..." his speech becomes slow and poignant "we are being paid to rid the town of those creatures so this is probably what we are going to do. Easiest and most reliable would be to make a nice cozy fire at the entrance, then shoot everthing that flees from the smoke. Then we wait until the air is clear again, run down the cave, take care of eventual survivors, and collect some trophies as proof for our glorious victory." He looks at the others and picks up a dry twig from the ground ostentatiously. "Everyone in favor may grab a twig herself."

Skamos Redmoon

MammonAzrael
2008-03-17, 06:18 PM
Corrin Reedson

"Don't be so hasty Skamos! We don't know just how many of these things are in there, and they may be fully able to retaliate with arrows of their own." Looking down the dark entrance, Corrin shakes his head. "On top of that, we have no idea how large that cavern is, and the fire may do nothing more than take away our advantage of surprise. Especially since it appears that whatever is in there already has a fire going. I think our wisest course is to go in quietly, and see what we're up against, first."

Corrin Reedson
ENCOUNTER: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle or Divine Strength, Second Chance, Shielding Smite

Silkenfist
2008-03-17, 06:34 PM
Skamos

"Yes...that was pretty much what I figured." Skamos crosses his arms and leans against a tree, staring at the air above the cave. "There might be Archers inside, sure. But I'd like to see the Archer who is able to fire arrows while breathing black smoke. Also, I am sure that claiming the element of surprise for us will be speculative, at best. We enter those creatures' home and I am sure that they will smell us before we will be able to see them." He sighs and looks directly at Corrin: "If you prefer to fight those creatures gallantly on equal terms, then just say so. Personally, I'm not above obtaining all the advantage I can get."

Skamos Redmoon

Duke of URL
2008-03-18, 09:40 AM
Erais

"Is the wind even blowing into the cave? It seems like such a plan relies on too many assumptions about what is in there. We should head inside instead to see what we're up against."

MammonAzrael
2008-03-18, 04:37 PM
Corrin Reedson

"Well put Erais. I have no problem with obtaining the advantage, Skamos. And gallantry is for the tourney ring, not the battlefield."

Corrin Reedson

OoC: Have we lost our DM? I know we still don't have a fighter...I hope this picks up.

Silkenfist
2008-03-19, 08:25 PM
Skamos

The wizard sighs loudly while looking into the forest absent-mindedly. "I see your arguments. But still I'm not convinced. So far the worst case is that it doesn't work and we still would have to defeat the monsters inside the cave. Or are you actually planning to sneak up on them in there?"

Skamos Redmoon

Neftren
2008-03-19, 09:37 PM
Riardon

"Well... they are the creatures we're supposed to be exterminating. Right?"

Riardon Brightvale