PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my jade phoenix mage, please

Elhann
2008-03-13, 04:57 PM
Hi all! Im joining a level 7 campaign soon, and I decided to build a gish.
You can find the build here (http://www.imptechpro.net/d20webprofiler/profiler/view.php?id=24).

Books allowed: Pretty much everything. I have PHB (1 & 2), the first four completes, tome of battle and I can borrow complete mage if I am really interested in getting some abjurant champion levels in the future.

The group (besides me). Everyone is level 7.
Human swordsage (focus on diamond mind, with a couple setting sun and desert wind maneouvers)
Human bard (with martial study to get shadow hand maneouvers, and a really good set of party-face skills, undecided on spells)
Race-to-be-determined cleric. He'll have the luck domain for sure, and perhaps a couple rogue levels, so Trickery as his second domain wouldn't be too surprising.
Most probably a druid.

My questions.
If the fifth player goes for a pure classed druid, I think I can drop the summoning edge of my character, and swap the summoning spells for some battlefield control (stinking cloud and the like), and change the summoning oriented feats for something more useful. Ideas?

My DM allowed me to change one of the level 1 maneouvers as if I was a 4th level warblade (my initiator level is 4 when I take the jade phoenix mage level). Would you say my choice of maneouvers is correct? I'm not too worried about lowering my AC with the punishing stance, as I can get a further +10 with alter self (+6 natural armour, troglodyte form; +4 from shield), having a quite solid 28-26 AC at level 7, and 50% miss chance if I cast displacement.

Would you say my choice of spells is solid? What would you change?

We have WBL to get equipment, no limits on what to buy.
I have about 4K gps besides what I have bought. Would you change anything, what would you get with it?
Note that I can purchase spells paying 100 gps * level, if you think I could do with some more spells.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Stycotl
2008-03-15, 03:59 PM
bumping this up, cuz i feel bad that no one has responded. sometimes you just have to post at the right time in order to get the views. i don't know anything about the jade pheonix mage, so i'm not the one to ask. good luck.

Nebo_
2008-03-15, 05:29 PM
Don't bother summoning as a gish, you'll always be lagging behind in spell levels and the best monsters at a given level are barely enough. You don't seem to have many buffs on your list, either. If you can get your hands on the Spell Compendium, there are some very good ones in there.