PDA

View Full Version : Feats for Wizards

raistlin807
2008-03-13, 05:44 PM
Simply put I would like to know ways I can get the maximum number of feats for an Elven Wizard, I already know about flaws and the like. Are there any lesser known suggestions or favored house rules anyone can share with me?

As always, thank you all for your time and thoughts.

mostlyharmful
2008-03-13, 05:56 PM
Insidious pact from Tyrants of Hell, do a devil an agreed on favour that's icky enough and they'll pay you with a feat. Wooooo! Ok, it moves you closer to LE and then they try to whack you but just try to stay wackily unpredictable and you're golden. If that doesn't work try talking your DM into letting you buy feats for XP and in character training. the road might be a little longer but if you end it being able to do EVERYTHING then it might just be worth it.:smallbiggrin:

sonofzeal
2008-03-13, 06:05 PM
Generic Spellcaster (UA). More like a Sorc than a Wiz, but can use Int, and gets all Cleric spells on his list as well. Oh right, and a bunch of bonus feats too. Less than Fighter, but more than Wizard, and they're totally unrestricted. There's also a bunch of new feat options that replicate various class abilities.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-03-13, 06:30 PM
The Vow of Povery Feat from BoED if the Spell Mastery feat can be chosen by a Wizard as an Exalted feat.

Squash Monster
2008-03-13, 07:45 PM
This is unbelievably cheesy and if I was your DM I'd hit you with a stack of books for trying this, but:

Have you considered the Dark Chaos Shuffle?
Fiendish Codex I contains the spells Embrace The Dark Chaos and Shun The Dark Chaos. Casting them in that order lets you trade useless stuff like your racial weapon proficiencies for good things.

However, somehow I think you're asking this question because you want feats for the shuffle. In which case, I'll have to direct you to Weapons of Legacy. By founding legacy weapons, you can get as many copies of the feat Least Legacy as you could possibly want, though you lose experience in the process. With some trickyness involving a thought bottle you can get hundreds of these feats for free.

A certain ruby knight vindicator named Chuck gets much of his power from having done this and shuffled all the feats into Extra Turning. Here's a link to his thread:
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=993832