PDA

View Full Version : Well, at long last, it is over

Pwenet
2008-03-14, 03:39 PM
To quote Futurama:

"FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM OY! FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM OY!"

I got the word from my lawyer today, international PI day, that the divorce papers have been signed.

Mothers, lock up your 20+ year old daughters! Pwenet is legally SINGLE again!

Edit: So - Any suggestions what I should do now with my new legal status besides sit at a wifi cafe sipping a drink and working on a narration for my PbP game?

The Rose Dragon
2008-03-14, 04:07 PM
Woo!

Wait, isn't divorce a bad thing? Where families break down, people get stressed, children are negatively impacted...

Who cares? You're single again! This calls for a party!

*parties like it's 1699*

(Anyone who gets the reference gets nothing, because, come on, who wouldn't get it?)

Kaelaroth
2008-03-14, 04:09 PM
I don't get it.

And Pwenet, congratulations! I suggest you go out and get smashed/sozzled. Or go and do something that only single guys do....

... Go and stand in an airport and take pictures of conventional jet aircraft for your scrapbook? :smalltongue:

TRM
2008-03-14, 04:24 PM
@ Pwnet: Congratulations?!:smallconfused:
Normally I wouldn't congratulate someone on a divorce, but in your case it sounds like a good thing. So, YAY!!!
@edit: Pick up chicks? Invite all us other single playrounders over for single male parties?

@ Kaelroth: Weird Al'sAmish Paradise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish_Paradise). There's a line that parodies the Prince Song (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_(song)) 1999.

Trog
2008-03-14, 04:30 PM
Liberating feeling isn't it? I say go buy yourself something nice. Maybe some spiffy new duds or a new CD or something.

EDIT: Oh. And welcome to the Ex-Men *snikt* *opens beer*

smellie_hippie
2008-03-14, 04:34 PM
I'm glad you're finished with the mess Pwenet.

Happy times ahead!

wxdruid
2008-03-14, 05:04 PM
And you passed the mile marker, congrats and enjoy the beginning of the rest of your life. :smallcool:

FireSpark
2008-03-14, 05:30 PM
I don't get it.

And Pwenet, congratulations! I suggest you go out and get smashed/sozzled. Or go and do something that only single guys do....

... Go and stand in an airport and take pictures of conventional jet aircraft for your scrapbook? :smalltongue:

Actually, I think you're only supposed to do that if you're wanting to meet all the nice single men, in an undisclosed state penitentiary. :smallfrown:

phoenixineohp
2008-03-15, 12:37 AM
Congratulations! I'm quite happy for you! Did you manage to get the cat back?

Now is a good night for a bar trip with friends. Sit back, enjoy the music and company and remember, if you want to ask a girl to dance, you can!

dehro
2008-03-15, 05:41 AM
Toga, Toga, Toga!

SoD
2008-03-15, 05:45 AM
...congratulations, you're single?

Odd, I'm very good at being single, almost a perfect track record, and nobody congratulates me for it...but anyway, go out and do EVERYTHING!!!

Felixaar
2008-03-15, 05:49 AM
Toga, Toga, Toga!

Seconded.

Seriously though, good to hear Pwenet. Now the healing can begin.
Or, it could, if strippers were clerics.

Raeden
2008-03-15, 06:01 AM
Edit: So - Any suggestions what I should do now with my new legal status besides sit at a wifi cafe sipping a drink and working on a narration for my PbP game?

Take up all your savings, buy a motorcycle, and go touring through the country, staying in cheap motels and doing every random thing you feel like along the way.

Pwenet
2008-03-15, 07:18 AM
Woo!

Wait, isn't divorce a bad thing? Where families break down, people get stressed, children are negatively impacted...

Luckily in my case, no kids, no property owned, no shared debt. Just a nice clean cut through my heart.

Last night, on my 25th year of being, my Dad and I finally did the traditional father/son activity of going to a bar and have drinks.

Was a fun evening.

Liberating feeling isn't it? I say go buy yourself something nice. Maybe some spiffy new duds or a new CD or something.

EDIT: Oh. And welcome to the Ex-Men *snikt* *opens beer*

Thanks for the welcome.

*Grabs the beer*

My major purchase today is the security deposit for a new apartment which I hope to move into around June/July.

I'm glad you're finished with the mess Pwenet.

Happy times ahead!

Many thanks.

And you passed the mile marker, congrats and enjoy the beginning of the rest of your life. :smallcool:

Many kind thanks.

Congratulations! I'm quite happy for you! Did you manage to get the cat back?

Sadly the cats are still in her possession, but the place I'm moving into allows 1 cat for sure, so eventually I shall get another furball whom I will train to claw the EX eyes out and kidnap the kitties and return them home :smalltongue:

Take up all your savings, buy a motorcycle, and go touring through the country, staying in cheap motels and doing every random thing you feel like along the way.

Sorry - I want my own place first :smalltongue:

Seconded.

Seriously though, good to hear Pwenet. Now the healing can begin.
Or, it could, if strippers were clerics.

Now THAT is an idea! :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2008-03-15, 08:11 AM
Well, no one says they have to be real clerics... or nuns... *nudge nudge wink wink*

Also, why do I feel like shouting "PWNED!" whenever I see your name?

banjo1985
2008-03-15, 12:44 PM
Woot! Glad you're past that particular unpleasantness in your life! Now it's time to live the good life for a while, with poker, and hookers....in fact, forget the poker :smallbiggrin:

Gem Flower
2008-03-15, 01:37 PM
No experience, no advice, however, CATS RULE!!! Get a new one. Or better yet, make an army of evil kitties! Enjoy being single!

While you can!:smallwink: I kid, I kid.

No, really, enjoy it.

AnonymousOne
2008-03-15, 02:19 PM
Good luck with the rest of your life!

I see this being an opportunity to take up a manly hobby ... like scotch tasting, car tuning, chauvinism ... whatever strikes your fancy. :smallbiggrin:

Yup splitting sucks, but by the same token, while surgery hurts afterwards, you're probably better off for it.

Pwenet
2008-03-15, 04:36 PM
Watching the chat logs of my EX transgressions burn in the fireplace was really, liberating. 30+ pages of that (self-censorship) that I printed out burning away into ash, it has been transformed into its proper form. As for the electronic versions, those too are now random bits about to be overwritten on my hard drive.

Feeling a lot better now surprisingly, wish I had been sober enough to have burned them yesterday.

DraPrime
2008-03-15, 09:27 PM
Do something distinctly manly. Like talking about hooters with your friends while drinking beer.