PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights 1 Technical Issue

Crow
2008-03-14, 07:14 PM
I have Websense on this computer, so this is one of the few forums I can go to to find help for now;

I just recently purchased NWN Diamond, and attempted to install it today. I ran into compatibility issues under Vista, but applied the hotupdate on the DVD and used the updater to patch to 1.68.

Now the game loads, but after the initial short vids it comes up with a screen asking me to input my Shadows of Unrentide serial number.

Everytime I input the number (whether i just press enter, or click the OK button), it just clears all the fields and I have to type them in again. It will do this over and over again and i cannot get past this screen. Hitting "cancel" closes the program and dumps me to the desktop.

If I actually type the code incorrectly, it will tell me I have an invalid code, so i know I'm inputting the code correctly. The inside cover of my manual has serials for NWN, SoU, and HotU, and they are all the same.

Has anybody else had this problem and been able to overcome it? I have websense on the computer I'm typing this from, so i havn't been able to ask at the Bioware forums. If somebody can provide me a link to a topic concerning this specific problem, I can check it out when i get home.

Arutema
2008-03-24, 01:26 AM
If I actually type the code incorrectly, it will tell me I have an invalid code, so i know I'm inputting the code correctly. The inside cover of my manual has serials for NWN, SoU, and HotU, and they are all the same.

All the same? Looks like you got a defective copy then, some came with misprinted CD keys like that. You'll have to take it back to the store and exchange it for a fresh copy.

bluish_wolf
2008-03-24, 01:59 AM
All the same? Looks like you got a defective copy then, some came with misprinted CD keys like that. You'll have to take it back to the store and exchange it for a fresh copy.

He specifically said the codes were correct. It's most likely just an Windows glitch.

Trazoi
2008-03-24, 03:16 AM
That sounds like a pain. Have you tried entering the codes manually into the configuration files? I haven't got NWN installed at the moment so I can't remember exactly where it goes, but I remember the codes being one of the settings in one of the text config files in NWN. You can open it up in a plain text editor like Notepad and try and enter the codes manually.