PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

Stormthorn
2008-03-14, 11:49 PM
I had the idea to introduce a weapon that had both Disruption and Brilliant Energy.

Now, the Brilliant Energy power says it wont "harm" undead, not that it will fail to hit, and the Disruption power only requires you to hit the target to get a chance to destroy it.

Would be cool to have a Brilliant Energy Whip of Mighty Disrupting if that works (Does nonleathal to normal people, and nothing to undead but with a good chance of blasting them apart)

Dhavaer
2008-03-14, 11:53 PM
I can't imagine a definition of 'harm' that doesn't include instantaneous destruction. Except for the spell, of course. I don't think this would work.

Nebo_
2008-03-14, 11:55 PM
I had the idea to introduce a weapon that had both Disruption and Brilliant Energy.

Now, the Brilliant Energy power says it wont "harm" undead, not that it will fail to hit, and the Disruption power only requires you to hit the target to get a chance to destroy it.

Would be cool to have a Brilliant Energy Whip of Mighty Disrupting if that works (Does nonleathal to normal people, and nothing to undead but with a good chance of blasting them apart)

I find the thread title misleading. Where is the question?

Zincorium
2008-03-14, 11:55 PM
RAW, no, as brilliant energy flat out ignores undead, it's quite literally not contacting them as it passes through, and disrupting requires that the undead be struck with it. I'd allow it if I were DM, though.

Also, doesn't a disrupting weapon have to be bludgeoning? Whips are slashing according to the PHB.

Stormthorn
2008-03-15, 12:14 AM
Crap, i was hoping that the epic ability didnt have the same silly weakness of only blunt trauma.

I find the thread title misleading. Where is the question?

Question is implied. "How would these two abilities interact?"

((umm...+10 Ghost Touch Sap of Mighty Disruption? Is that the right type of damage?))

CASTLEMIKE
2008-03-15, 01:14 AM

That sounds like a +7 weapon costing 98,000 gp market: +1 for basic enchantment to add additional enchantments, +2 for disruption property and +4 for brillant energy. For that price it should be powerful.

Stormthorn
2008-03-15, 10:25 AM
It would be an artifact that the PCs get temporarily to ownz some undead.