PDA

View Full Version : New Comp

Farmer42
2008-03-15, 02:54 AM
Hey, I just got a new comp, and it unfortunately came with Vista. I was wondering if anyone in the Playground has any tips for getting some of my older software to work on the new rig, or am I gonna have to keep the old brick around to run BGII?

Malic
2008-03-15, 07:40 AM
It's supposed to be really easy to run XP on a new comp. All you need is an instalation disk for XP. (I think...)

Om
2008-03-15, 08:26 AM
It should be no trouble to install XP... once you have a copy of it. Personally I'm about to buy a new laptop and will be doing exactly that

Lord Herman
2008-03-15, 08:35 AM
If you ask me, people are overstating Vista's compatibility problems. I've been running Vista for over a year now, and I've only come across one program that wouldn't work.

Cainen
2008-03-15, 01:56 PM
You can run BGII on Vista. But you have to set it to XP Compatability Mode(right-click, properties, Compatability tab) and run it as administrator.

This is the case with most programs, since administration under older Windows versions was incredibly stupid and most programs required admin rights by default.

AlterForm
2008-03-15, 02:26 PM
It's supposed to be really easy to run XP on a new comp. All you need is an instalation disk for XP. (I think...)

The lack of a smiley leaves me confused as to the seriousness of this post. :smallconfused: