PDA

View Full Version : Finding Tara (Spell)

Kaelaroth
2008-03-15, 07:47 AM
I'd like to thank Joss Whedon, Aziraphale, Amber Benson, and Alyson Hannigan, without whom, not as much of this would've been possible.

Blood of the Fallen
Divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 2, Cleric 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 10 miles/caster level
Target(s): The killer(s) of the deceased
Duration: 1 hour/caster level
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: Yes
This spell only works if the caster has lost a lover, sibling, companion, or other close friend or relative, to murder, or mystical death. Using the clothing of the deceased, the caster can create a mystical map of the area (the blood dropped onto the clothign forms into the map, on the item itself) within ten miles/caster level. If one, or more, of the deceased's murderers are within that range, they will appear on the map. The map will adjust itself depending on where the person is. If the killer(s) is killed, the spell runs out, or the deceased is ressurected, the map will fade away, leaving no trace of its existence. One can zoom in and out of the map, which, although showing the general area, and some degree of altitude, does not show everything perfectly.
Material Component: The clothing of the deceased is required, as well as three drops of human blood.

chormin
2008-03-15, 07:53 AM
I'm assuming that the caster can zoom in and out on this map as they want, right? Otherwise, it seems that the size of the map compared to the area shown may be a very tight map [maybe 6 square feet showing 4900*pi square miles at the lowest a cleric can do it is a bit much]

Ethrael
2008-03-15, 08:57 AM
Is a map actually made or is it a vision in the mind of the caster? Apart from that, I think it's a great spell.

Kaelaroth
2008-03-15, 09:03 AM
Hmmmm... I wasn't very clear. Both those points have been reviewed and amended.