PDA

View Full Version : The Celebrity

Ethrael
2008-03-15, 12:50 PM
I wanted to somehow bring forward some credit to celebrities we love not only because of their music/acting/skills whatever, but also because of their general impression on the world.

For example, mine would be Christina Aguilera, not only because I love everytype of song she's ever done (they're just so cool!) but also because I love her great I-different-so-live-with-it attitude which she expressed in Beautiful and some less known songs. Her lyrics have so much meaning behind them which, whether it's just a pretence to get this very type of love from fans, I love very much anyway.

So who do you admire because of their attitude/ideas. It does not have to be a celebrity who is still active in what they're doing nowadays. And you have to explain your choice.

PS. Please no criticism of other people's views unless it's to compliment them. Please keep the debates to PMs or other threads.

zeratul
2008-03-16, 02:30 PM
Well there are different musicians you could say I admire

Alexi Laiho, and André Olbrich I admire for being so amazing at guitar. I admire the amazing vocal abillities of Dani Filth and Hansi Kursch a lot. But there are also those who's personalities I admire

Dave Grohl for one is funny as hell, seems nice enough, and seems surprisingly wise. Alexi and Dani I also admire for being really funny and surprisingly deep.

Some may be surprised that I have not put Kurt Cobain up, but the more I think about it the more I realize that I don't so much look up to him as I do identify with him which is a different matter.

Dave Rapp
2008-03-16, 03:00 PM
I dislike Jack Nicholson not because of his acting skills, but because of his general impression of himself. I think he has some kind of gigantic ego thing going on. I heard he was offended (not just upset, but offended) that he wasn't chosen to be the Joker again in the Dark Knight.

Jack, you're old as hell and your Joker sucked. Sit down, shut up, and enjoy your Oscars.

Kaelaroth
2008-03-16, 04:57 PM
Dan Gillespie Sells is, by his own admission, part of a kind of a "poster family for civil liberties organisations", as well as being an amazing musician, totally hot, and such a kind and charitable person.

Ethrael
2008-04-05, 03:33 PM
Bumpitty-bump!

bluish_wolf
2008-04-05, 03:52 PM
Bumpitty-bump!

People needlessly aging posts has left me in despair.

Tom_Violence
2008-04-05, 04:53 PM
I love her great I-different-so-live-with-it attitude which she expressed in Beautiful

I think this is one of the worst kinds of attitude possible. Think about it - it basically says anyone can be whatever they want, and everyone else be damned. If you can't see a problem there...

PS. Please no criticism of other people's views unless it's to compliment them. Please keep the debates to PMs or other threads.

So you want no discussion? Just a empty shoutbox? Where's the fun or interest there? You're basically inviting people to not read any of the posts above theirs, as they're only allowed to agree with them. Yawn!

Serpentine
2008-04-05, 10:09 PM
Johnny Depp, for political reasons, and I'll leave it at that.
Although he was a bit of a wanker about it, Heath Ledger for environmentally political reasons.

Sucrose
2008-04-05, 10:22 PM
Intellectually, Bill and Melinda Gates, for setting up a massive philanthropy organization, and personally insuring that their resources are used in an effective way.

Emotionally, Weird Al Yankovich, for making musicians everywhere take themselves a little less seriously, and being an awesome live performance. The man sang for a short while within about five feet of me, and I was halfway to the nosebleed seats!

Incidentally, I agree that discussion is good. Would you prefer that we spoiler any disagreements, Ethrael, so that those who can't stand seeing someone who feels differently than they won't be offended?

Ethrael
2008-04-06, 01:51 AM
Yeah using spoilers if you want to comment on something will be a good idea, there aren't many other threads based on this so there wouldn't be anywhere else to write them...