PDA

View Full Version : Need new gaming venue (horror story included)

sonofzeal
2008-03-15, 09:59 PM
So, I've been involved in an ongoing episodic D&D campaign. Each episode is run by a different DM over the course of a couple months. We've been running on D**** (names changed to protect the innocent), which provides a nice, if minimalistic, flash chat interface from which to run our games. We had just finished one episode and were beginning another under a friend of mine who had never DM'd before, and the guy who owns the site and a couple of his buddies decided to join the game. Now, our group was a reasonably conservative group, and the were firm adhearants to an "anything goes" style of roleplaying, but the DM was friends with them and let them in. In the first scene of the game, the guy who owns the site brought out his cohorts, a troupe of bikini-clad eight-year-old girls, who proceeded to... well, no clothes were removed, but it was worse than any nightclubs I know of. Two of the players "left the table" as it were and one, who has always been deeply disturbed by explicit sexuality in the context of kids, dumped her browser. I left too in protest too at this point. After being assured the guy had left I returned with the traumatized one ("H****" farther down), only to be yelled at as intolerant by his two friends who were still there, one of whom quit in protest over our "intolerance".

After the dust had settled, I contacted the guy who runs the site (same guy who caused the scene, remember). Here's our conversation.

N**** says:
Maybe not everyone wants a "clean" game by your definition
Zeal says:
Of course, and there is plenty of room for games of all colours and descriptions.
N**** says:
And you know what, I'm going to be blantantly ****ing honest here: Your rules lawyering bull**** does far, far, far more to ruin the fun of the game for me, and many others
Zeal says:
I have no clue what you're talking about there.
Zeal says:
When have I impeded your enjoyment of the game?
N**** says:
I'm sure you don't
N**** says:
Every single time you have played
N**** says:
Why do you think my game was "full"?
N**** says:
It wasn't too full for the rest of [a forum]
Zeal says:
We played... what, two sessions together before that?
Zeal says:
What did I do in those two sessions that was so horrible?
Zeal says:
When did I let strict adherance to the rules interfere with having fun?
N**** says:
You essentially destroyed them.
N**** says:
But I
N**** says:
m'm not interested with discussing this with you
Zeal says:
No, please, if I made it not fun for you I'd like to know.
N**** says:
I will note that the old [a forum] DND was canned almost immediately after those two sessions that you played
Zeal says:
I noticed.
Zeal says:
I also noticed they were falling appart for reasons that had nothing to do with me.
Zeal says:
If I did anything specifically to ruin them, I do apologize and I would like to know so I can avoid it in the future.
N**** says:
But honestly, I was willing to play with you, had you been willing to play with R*** & ME
Zeal says:
I'm willing to play with you, however I am very close to H**** who, I know from experience, is deeply disturbed by sexual content involving children.
Zeal says:
You did not know that, and I'm not angry.
Zeal says:
However, please understand that I had to make it absolutely clear that I will not tolerate you having YOUR fun at the cost of making HER an emotional wreck.
N**** says:
Well ****
N**** says:
Listen, like I said earlier, I'm not interested in having this fight
Zeal says:
I am completely willing to play with R*** and you - as long as you respect our enjoyment of the game, I'll respect your enjoyment.
Zeal says:
Does that sound fair?
N**** says:
I stepped out of the previous campaign because I didn't want to cause **** with you and H****, but I was platying this one because I enjoy playing with C***** and I wanted to participate in her game
N**** says:
What C***** said in the thread is exactly what I think
Zeal says:
I still want to know why we should be banned for trying to run a single clean campaign, when you have the entire rest of the site to run whatever else you want.
N**** says:
You're not going to be banned
N**** says:
But your rules couldn't be enforced on the site
N**** says:
IE, no one would boot people from your game for breaking your rules
N**** says:
But we wouldn't ban you
N**** says:
We don't ban people on D****, period
Zeal says:
I agree we can't boot people, but we can enforce them by refusing to play with the person, can't we?
N**** says:
No, technically you can't.
N**** says:
One of our rules is that excvlusionary behavior and active ignores are prohibitted
Zeal says:
We can't simply stop playing until they go away?
N**** says:
Stop playing until who goes away? The two people who own the site you're playing on?
Zeal says:
Anybody who knowingly violates the group's standard of decency.
Zeal says:
Again, this doesn't apply to what happened today, because we HAD no official standard of decency.
N**** says:
But in reality, who else would violate your "standard of decency"?
N**** says:
These are rules that are being constructed to explicitly prohibt R*** and I from playing in a game on our own site
Zeal says:
I truely believe that you and your friends are capable of conforming to those rules.
Zeal says:
You are all veteran roleplayers, and I am quite certain you have or could make characters that would stay within those bounds, and at that time I would welcome you with open arms into our party.
N**** says:
In other peoples homes, maybe, but I don't follow Jewish diety laws in my own kitchen, even if I might at the house of an orthodox friend
Zeal says:
If your orthodox friend visited, would you serve them pork?
N**** says:
If they visited on barbecue night.
Zeal says:
And you wouldn't set aside a single beef meal for them?
N**** says:
Sure I would, but I wouldn't expect them to think that my family would refrain from pork too
Zeal says:
That's all I'm asking here - that you allow us one space, on a temporary basis, where our values and feelings are not trampled over.
Zeal says:
Like it or not, D&D is a shared experience, and as such you, I, and everyone else should try their utmost to acknowledge the feelings and boundaries of those present.
N**** says:
You act as if the feeling of you and H**** are somehow universal
N**** says:
And that your ability to enjoy the game should be everyone's primary concern, regardless of whether or not it handicaps the ability of at least four other players to enjoy the game
Zeal says:
However neither of us were the first to protest, and fully half of the people present claimed to be seriously bothered by what was going on.
N**** says:
Fully half? I counted three.
N**** says:
You, H****, and W***
Zeal says:
C****** commented later, after you left.
N**** says:
And W*** later came back and said he didn't really care so much
Zeal says:
So keeping within a PG limit on sexuality "handicaps" your ability to enjoy the game?
Zeal says:
You seriously cannot have fun unless children are gyrating their hips and rubbing against stuff?
N**** says:
Yes, it does. But how was that not PG? R*** just pointed out that there was a very similar scene in the PG-13 family comedy Little Miss Sunshine
Zeal says:
I haven't seen, so I can't comment, but I somehow doubt that there was pole-dancing involved.
N**** says:
But in fact there was
Zeal says:
In which case H**** would have had to leave the theatre there, too.
Zeal says:
Look, I sincerely hope we can find common ground here, where both of us can play in a way that is enjoyable to everyone.
Zeal says:
I'm willing to make compromizes on that front, play rules-light and go with the flow rather than enforcing the Rules As Written.
N**** says:
I'm not looking for common ground. It looks like you don't have a game anyway, since C***** has already said she wasn't DMing anymore
Zeal says:
All I ask is that you extend us the same courtesy.
Zeal says:
We still have players, we still have people willing to DM, [a forum] D&D will likely continue in some form or another.
N**** says:
Let it then
Zeal says:
If I DM, I will be willing to let ANYBODY play - you, R***, B******, whoever - as long as they are willing to give common courtesy and respect everyone's feelings.
Zeal says:
Is that acceptable to you?
N**** says:
If you DM, that won't be an issue, because I don't expect any of the above to play
N**** says:
We were only playing because C***** was DMing and we expected her to be fair and reasonable (and she was)
Zeal says:
The choice to not play is yours as well.
N**** says:
Yes, well, of course it is
N**** says:
It's ironic, since C***** and I started [a forum] DND
Zeal says:
And you're welcome to continue playing or even running, as long as you don't trample over people's feelings in the process.
N**** says:
Woah, woah, hold up. At what point do you make the rules for [a forum] DnD.
Zeal says:
Oh, I can't make rules, but I can propose them, and I can express unwelcome, and I can walk out and take others with me.
N**** says:
Sure, do that
Zeal says:
Done.

So yeah, we're now looking for a good place to host D&D games online. Rollers are not necessary, but the ability to log in as your character and NPCs without a big registration process is a major plus. Have any suggestions?

sonofzeal
2008-03-15, 10:07 PM
Oh, and since it got referred to in the conversation, "the thread" that got referred to was one where I had proposed the following future rules:

1) Violent content should be kept within R limits (no NC-17+). This is D&D and violence is expected within reason, but explicit torture and mutilation is not okay.
2) Sexual content should be kept within PG limits (no R+). This is [a forum] D&D, and as such the players should expect a relatively clean session.
3) If any player expresses discomfort with content being portrayed, that content must stop immediately and events must continue in a direction that is comfortable for all involved.
4) A person's first offense will result in expulsion from the game for the duration of the session.
5) A person's second offense will result in permanent banning from this campaign.
6) Bannings and expulsions will be enforced by a termination of the game until the offender leaves.

C*****'s response that he apparently agreed with was "those rules will get you kicked off of D****."

So yeah, a place where those self-enforced rules would be respected are a plus.

Glyde
2008-03-15, 10:11 PM
I'm gonna have to say that good ol' IRC might be your best bet. It'll require a bit of improvising, but I've done it before and there are some interesting scripts.

I don't RP online with strangers much anymore due to the odd 'situation' like that. Since then I've stuck with RPing online with close friends or playing D&D strictly tabletop. I understand there's probably a distance factor for you >_>

Also, you mentioned the site name once in the conversation when it probably should have been censored <_<

sonofzeal
2008-03-15, 10:37 PM
I'm gonna have to say that good ol' IRC might be your best bet. It'll require a bit of improvising, but I've done it before and there are some interesting scripts.

I don't RP online with strangers much anymore due to the odd 'situation' like that. Since then I've stuck with RPing online with close friends or playing D&D strictly tabletop. I understand there's probably a distance factor for you >_>

Also, you mentioned the site name once in the conversation when it probably should have been censored <_<
Thanks, I've removed it.

IRC is something I've considered, but a couple of our members are slightly tech-phobic and IRC can be a pretty intimidating place, unless you've got a really good client ap. What do you recommend for ease of use? Or is there another place you know that's easier for the newbs?

Glyde
2008-03-15, 11:04 PM
A lot of current IM programs actually include IRC in their features. Trillian being one of them.

mIRC is also easy to use once you get used to it. I personally can't remember how to use things like dice rolling scripts anymore, but they ARE out there.

I'm not quite sure what do suggest other than IRC combined with a proboards or something. I haven't done too much online D&D other than Baldur's Gate Co-Op and NWN.

sonofzeal
2008-03-15, 11:31 PM
A lot of current IM programs actually include IRC in their features. Trillian being one of them.

mIRC is also easy to use once you get used to it. I personally can't remember how to use things like dice rolling scripts anymore, but they ARE out there.

I'm not quite sure what do suggest other than IRC combined with a proboards or something. I haven't done too much online D&D other than Baldur's Gate Co-Op and NWN.
mIRC is what I use, and I am (or used to be, at least) pretty fluent in it, to the point of writing a fair number of my own aliases. However, my attempts to introduce mIRC to other people have had mixed results.

I did find www.mibbit.com though, and that seems pretty intuitive.

dyslexicfaser
2008-03-15, 11:36 PM
Wish I could help ya, Zeal, but I'm pretty much exclusively PbP. I've tried OAchat and a combination of Skype and something that was called.. I dunno.. RPG tools or something similar?

It was decent, but nothing to write home about.

Actually, if someone comes up with a particularly good one, I'd be interested in hearing it, too.

NEO|Phyte
2008-03-15, 11:45 PM
I have a fairly decent mIRC dice script I'd be willing to share, if you end up going that way.

sonofzeal
2008-03-15, 11:55 PM
I have a fairly decent mIRC dice script I'd be willing to share, if you end up going that way.
Thanks, that would be nice. Again, we'll likely be using Mibbit, and I don't know how they are about custom scripts, but I can always boot up mIRC on the side for that. Share away!

Actually, if someone comes up with a particularly good one, I'd be interested in hearing it, too.
Well, I'm really happy with Mibbit so far. I just found it today, but it requires no download, and is exceedingly simple to use. Come join me if you like! From www.mibbit.com, just make sure "Server" is set to "Mibbit.com", enter "#AVENdnd" for Channel, toss in a nickname, and you're good to go!

NEO|Phyte
2008-03-16, 12:19 AM
You'll want to throw this junk into the remotes tab of your mIRC script window.

on 1:text:!dice *:*: {
/msg $chan $nick : $rollit($2-)
}
alias rollit {
%DiceNumber = 1
%RollNumber = 1
%Type = 6
%mod = 0
%mod2 = 0
if ( *d?* !iswm $1 ) { return Error in dice roll }
%tempstr = $gettok($1-,1,32)
%temp = $calc( $len($1-) - $pos($1-,$chr(32)) )
%comm = $null
%modsign = $null
if ( $numtok($1-,32) > 1 ) { %comm = $right($1-,%temp) }
if (( + isin %tempstr ) || ( - isin %tempstr )) {
if ( + isin %tempstr ) { %temp = $pos(%tempstr,+,1) }
elseif ( - isin %tempstr) { %temp = $pos(%tempstr,-,1) }
%temp2 = $calc( ( 1 + $len(%tempstr) - %temp ) )
dec %temp
%mod = $right(%tempstr,%temp2)
%modsign = $left(%mod,1)
%modstring = $right(%mod,$calc($len(%mod) - 1))
%tempstr = $left(%tempstr,%temp)
; echo mod = %mod modsign = %modsign modstring = %modstring
}
if ( $chr(35) isin %tempstr ) {
%temp = $calc( $pos(%tempstr,$chr(35),1) - 1 )
%temp2 = $calc( ( $len(%tempstr) - %temp ) - 1 )
if (( $left(%tempstr,%temp) !isnum ) || ( $left(%tempstr,%temp) < 1 )) { return Error in dice roll: $left(%tempstr,%temp) }
%dicenumber = $left(%tempstr,%temp)
%tempstr = $right(%tempstr,%temp2)
}
%temp = $pos(%tempstr,d)
if ( %temp > 1 ) { %RollNumber = $left(%tempstr,$calc( %temp - 1)) }
%temp = $calc( $len(%tempstr) - %temp )
%type = $right(%tempstr,%temp)
; echo mod = %mod number of rolls = %dicenumber number of die = %rollnumber Type of die = %type

if (( %rollnumber > 1000 ) || ( %dicenumber > 1000 )) { return Error: Too many dice! }
%tempstr = Result of $+ 5 $gettok($1-,1,32) $+  %comm :
%i = 0
:loop
inc %i

%i3 = 0
:loop3
%i2 = 0
%temp = 0
:loop2
inc %i2
%temp = $calc(%temp + $rand(1,%type))
if ( %i2 < %rollnumber ) { goto loop2 }
inc %i3
if ( %mod != 0 ) {
if ( %modsign == + ) { %modsign = $NULL }
if ( $gettok(%modstring,%i3,126) !isnum ) {
return Error: Modifier %i3 is bad: $gettok(%modstring,%i3,126)
}
%mod2 = %modsign $+ $gettok(%modstring,%i3,126)
}
if (( %rollnumber == 1 ) && ( %type == 20 ) && ( %mod2 != 0 )) { %tempstr = %tempstr 12 $+ ( $+ %temp $+ ) $calc(%temp + %mod2) }
else { %tempstr = %tempstr $calc(%temp + %mod2) }
if (( %mod != 0 ) && ( %i3 < $numtok(%modstring,126))) { goto loop3 }
if ( %i < %dicenumber ) { goto loop }
return %tempstr
}
alias onescore {
%d1 = $rand(1,6)
%d2 = $rand(1,6)
%d3 = $rand(1,6)
%d4 = $rand(1,6)
if (( %d4 <= %d1 ) && ( %d4 <= %d2 ) && ( %d4 <= %d3 )) {
return $calc( %d1 + %d2 + %d3 )
}
if (( %d3 <= %d1 ) && ( %d3 <= %d2 ) && ( %d3 <= %d4 )) {
return $calc( %d1 + %d2 + %d4 )
}
if (( %d2 <= %d1 ) && ( %d2 <= %d4 ) && ( %d2 <= %d3 )) {
return $calc( %d1 + %d4 + %d3 )
}
return $calc( %d2 + %d3 + %d4 )
}
alias mod {
if ( $1 >= 10 ) { return $int( $calc( ( $1 - 10 ) / 2 )) }
return { $int( $calc( ( $1 - 11 ) / 2 ) ) }
}

alias allscore {
%i = 1
%total = 0
%modtotal = 0
%string = $null
while ( %i <= 6 ) {
%score = $onescore
%mod = $mod(%score)
inc %total %score
inc %modtotal %mod
%string = %string %score $+ ( $+ %mod $+ )
if ( %i < 6 ) { %string = %string $+ , }
inc %i
}
if ( $nick == $null ) {
echo %string
echo Total: %total Mod Total: %modtotal
}
else {
msg $chan %string
msg $chan Total: %total Mod Total: %modtotal
}
}

on 1:text:!allscores:*:{
/allscore
}

Don't ask me how the code works, I couldn't tell you, I didn't write it. Using it is fairly simple.

!dice xdy+a rolls x number of y sided dice, with modifier a

!dice z#xdy+a like above, z different times

!dice xdy+a~b~c~d like the first example, only it rolls once for each modifier you add with ~

!dice z#xdy+a~b~c~d combination of the two directly above.

There's also !allscores, which gives you a standard 4d6 drop lowest stat array. Or maybe its just 3d6, sometimes the rolls seem poor enough you'd wonder.

sonofzeal
2008-03-16, 02:05 PM
Well, we've been trying out Mibbit, but it lags significantly for a number of us. Is there any other web client that works more smoothly?

Runa
2008-03-16, 03:49 PM
Y'know... quick side note: I've seen Little Miss Sunshine. And a.) it's PG-13, not PG. There's a pretty big difference between the two, something he completely glosses over (despite mentioning the PG-13 rating of LMS, which I find to be clear evidence he either has no idea what "PG" or "PG-13" actually mean, or he completely failed to actually read what you'd written). b.) It's nowhere near as explicit or disgusting as he makes it out to be. There is a suggestive "dance performance" from the main female child character, but there is no actual "pole" involved, she's innocent enough not to know what was wrong with the routine, most of the audience reacts with horror, and the whole darn point of that part of the movie is how disturbing the very concept of child beauty contests actually is anyway (every single other contestant looks like a JonBennet Ramsey clone, for one...). Contextually, it's a lot less disgusting and nothing like he says, especially since the point of it, is to show how disturbing child beauty contests are (something completely different from his intent, I would say).

Additionally, THIS:

You act as if the feeling of you and H**** are somehow universal
N**** says:
And that your ability to enjoy the game should be everyone's primary concern, regardless of whether or not it handicaps the ability of at least four other players to enjoy the game

Shows a flabbergastingly complete lack of maturity or common sense, and more than a little tendency to put himself before others. His happily inserting borderline pedophiliac content into the game without warning is somehow more defensible then two or three other PCs getting disturbed by this and leaving and wanting him to not do that again? BZUH? The heck is wrong with this guy!? He's basically saying HIS "fun" can "handicap" YOUR enjoyment, but your enjoyment can't handicap his "fun". What a ! Especially since unless he was supposed to be the villain, I can see no real decent explanation for WANTING to include that content, other than to freak out the other players (who he later had the gall to harp on for being too sensitive). Which shows even [i]more immaturity on his part. Unless this guy is really a pedo, I cannot FATHOM how he had no idea such content was considered disgusting and disturbing by the majority of westerners in the modern world, and as such, he had no high horse to get on in the first place.

Suffice it to say, I don't exactly blame you for looking for a new gaming place. -.- Though I sadly can't help you much. Don't the GitP forums have a section for it, though?

-Runa

Dode
2008-03-16, 04:53 PM
Have you considered joining a Telnet MUSH?

There's plenty of heavily populated telnet-based RP communities with rich gameworlds that have plenty of built-in mechanics to support D&D. One of my favorites is Ximenes, for example.

ximenes.mushpark.com port 2626

And not a pedophile in sight.

AslanCross
2008-03-16, 05:50 PM
I've helped run forum RPs before, and I've run into content that was rather close to what happened. I'm just glad I never met someone who enforced "tolerance" to the point of being intolerant.

Friends of mine have been able to run RP sessions using IRC. They used dice scripts and such. What's handy about it is that it automatically logs everything, so you can't lose track of what happens.

OP> You forgot to censor a couple of the names up there.

Rutee
2008-03-16, 05:52 PM
Friends of mine have been able to run RP sessions using IRC. They used dice scripts and such. What's handy about it is that it automatically logs everything, so you can't lose track of what happens.

Very small correction to make: Most of the clients I've seen require you to actually set it to log. You can, ti's not hard, just that the OP should know before relying on it.

sonofzeal
2008-03-16, 08:16 PM
Unless this guy is really a pedo, I cannot FATHOM how he had no idea such content was considered disgusting and disturbing by the majority of westerners in the modern world, and as such, he had no high horse to get on in the first place.
Uh.... I think his story is.... some form of social commentary on the exploitation of people in a consumeristic culture? Yeah, I don't get it either.

OP> You forgot to censor a couple of the names up there.
Fixed, I think. There's now more "H****"s and "W***"s at least.

Very small correction to make: Most of the clients I've seen require you to actually set it to log. You can, ti's not hard, just that the OP should know before relying on it.
Good to know, thanks!

Many thanks to NEO|Phyte for his dice script. I think we're going to need a dicebot for this, since I don't believe the mibbit browser interface allows for scripting, and I just know that half our players would find some way to get confused about installing the script anyway. Unless it works for everyone if one person has it...

Ivius
2008-03-16, 08:24 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php?
Mythweavers is great for PbP, not sure if that's what you're looking for though.

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-16, 08:48 PM
I still see a couple of instances of names of both participants and the site being uncensored, as well as one point where you censor part of a word that is the same as the site's name (and makes it really obviousy what it is in the process). If you haven't been using it before, I suggest you use the find function your browser should have. Hit control + F and you can search the page for whatever set of characters you like.

As for your situation, you're doing it absolutely right by leaving. For other gaming venues, you've mentioned that lag is a problem so I'm not sure how well this would work, but you might try out Maptool, which you can find here (www.rptools.net). It's got a build in dice-roller, chat client, and map editor. The only problem is that it eats your computer's resources, and if one of the players has a weaker computer they may not be able to run it.

IRC is also good, and I think there are dice scripts or something like it available for AIM as well, though I'm not sure how you might go about finding such things for AIM or a bot for IRC.

an kobold
2008-03-16, 08:55 PM
Use IRC. Gametable via a hamachi network works very well too. Both are free, the former being a gaming table top program complete with dice macros, a built in map, and IRC, the latter being well, a networking program.

sonofzeal
2008-03-16, 10:10 PM
I still see a couple of instances of names of both participants and the site being uncensored, as well as one point where you censor part of a word that is the same as the site's name (and makes it really obviousy what it is in the process). If you haven't been using it before, I suggest you use the find function your browser should have. Hit control + F and you can search the page for whatever set of characters you like.
Gah! I was using ctrl+F, but somehow missed some of the words I should have searched for and did others wrong somehow. I caught everything you mentioned now though... I hope that's all.

Thank you guys for being so supportive. After such a bitter argument it's nice to hear I'm not the only one who sees the problem (the guy's still harassing me about it, over MSN until I blocked him and now on the forum). The emotional support has been at least as valuable as the venue advice (which is heartily appreciated as well). I'll be checking out each of the optioned mentioned in due course.

Xuincherguixe
2008-03-16, 11:05 PM
Sounds like the guy is basically a jerk. His fun is probably in making other people not have it.

Other people probably have a better idea where to find new games than I would. Telnet MUSHes, or openrpg (which is kind of close) seems like good bets. There's some play by posts on this site, which I think can have some problems, but I think you can still put up threads for looking for players for other things, like if you were to do an IM game. (I may do this at some point after I run a few of the games I said I would)

Gralamin
2008-03-16, 11:51 PM
Uh.... I think his story is.... some form of social commentary on the exploitation of people in a consumeristic culture? Yeah, I don't get it either.

Fixed, I think. There's now more "H****"s and "W***"s at least.

Good to know, thanks!

Many thanks to NEO|Phyte for his dice script. I think we're going to need a dicebot for this, since I don't believe the mibbit browser interface allows for scripting, and I just know that half our players would find some way to get confused about installing the script anyway. Unless it works for everyone if one person has it...

As someone who is regularly on #giantitp where NEO has this set up, it indeed works for all players as long as one has it. MIRC is a good free client that the script works with (after the 'trial' period ends you may still use it.)

Behold_the_Void
2008-03-17, 12:38 AM
I can't say much regarding chat-like games, but it's easy to set up your own forum for play-by-post, which is slower-paced but works in a pinch. Invisionfree forums work well for that kind of thing. You can also use it to set up a game if you all use chat clients like MSN or AIM.

And I fully agree with many of the others here, that guy sounds like an unmitigated *** and I commend you for handling it so well.

Stormcrow
2008-03-17, 12:52 AM
That is a **** of a thing for him to do. (Forgive the Australianism)
I've got a chat client up on my website for you as of... now.
Hate to see someone have to stop playing over something so stupid.

I personally agree with your stance and morals.
PM me if your keen.

Fitz
2008-03-17, 10:50 AM
I'm afraid i can't help with online gaming, but just like many others I support your action and would probably have not been as restrained.
good luck with finding a new game hosting

Fitz

Human Paragon 3
2008-03-17, 02:04 PM
There's a pretty good application called GameTable that lets you run games online. Includes logging in as characters, rolling, and even moving avatars around a battlemap. Check into it.

ChazFox
2008-03-17, 02:29 PM
Hi there Zeal, thought I'd see how things were doing here (boards are slow at the moment and I can hardly get a word in without this site giving me a "could not load" message :/)

Those who don't know me, I was one of the folks who was offended by N****'s actions (Name concealed, since Zeal's done so too.) To be honest I was more confused than offended, but nonetheless offence was caused.

I wish to thank Stormcrow for providing us with a chatroom so that we can RP in peace ^^ Thanks dude!

Stormcrow
2008-03-17, 05:54 PM
Not a problem dude. Welcome aboard.