PDA

View Full Version : Big things come in Small packages...[PEACH]

Lappy9000
2008-03-16, 12:53 PM
Deleted 'cause I can't stand the sight of it.

keyboardboy101
2008-03-17, 12:42 AM
Why +2 Wis -2 Str? From the flavor text for the class, it seems like it should be +2Str and -2 Cha. Or maybe even +2 Str +2 Con -2 Cha. The lower base land speed and size balances that change.

The traits are good and provide a lot of optionsm but how exactly do they resemble a barbarians rage?

Lappy9000
2008-03-17, 01:19 AM
Why +2 Wis -2 Str? From the flavor text for the class, it seems like it should be +2Str and -2 Cha. Or maybe even +2 Str +2 Con -2 Cha. The lower base land speed and size balances that change.

Does the size and land speed really balance it out? I thought it was standard to give small creatures a penalty to stregth to balance out the plus against larger creatures. Of course, most small creatures are kind of on the scrawny side....I have this terrible fear of core races being overpowered, but I'd love to give them stats like that.

The traits are good and provide a lot of optionsm but how exactly do they resemble a barbarians rage?

They really only resemble a barbarian's rage in that they can tap into a inner source of power in order to temporaroly boost their power. It's obviously quite a bit different, however, since the two states don't stack in power.

But yeah, thanks for the input. Anyone have any issues with the feats? Or anything else for that matter?

keyboardboy101
2008-03-17, 08:21 PM
It is usually standard, I agree on that, but the basis for your class is that these creatures have been genetically selected to be the strongest and most fit. It seems natural to give them +2 Str.

The base land speed alone doesnt, but combined with size modifier issues and things like that, you could swing it if you wanted to. I would go with just the standard +2/-2 though if you are questioning it at all.

Lappy9000
2008-03-17, 10:24 PM
Original post was edited for racial adjustments and I took out the whole minotaur thing; opted against it at the suggestion of one of my friends.

With the bumped racial adjustments, Soldarin's ECL caculator ranks them at a nifty 0.7 ECL. I'm toying with the Constitution bonus, though since you mentioned it, the +2 Str and -2 Cha seem to mesh well with the fluff.

Now the only thing I'm really concerned with are the feats. The first five seem pretty basic but I think I'm gonna change the wording in Mind Blast and Improved Heightened Perception. Improved Heightened Perception needs to state that the new additions in the feat stack with Heightened Perception instead of nerfing them.

Improved Adrenal Rush kinda seems stupid now. I need something beefier to fill in there. Hmm....

EDIT: I just had a thought; I'm thinking of adding some of the racial feats to the monk's list of bonus feats, just to encourage further mnorra monk-y-ness. Also pumped up some of the feats by using HD instead of set numbers/stat modifiers.

Lappy9000
2008-03-20, 10:16 PM
With the Bump Spell readily prepared the night before, Lappy9000, 1st level Threadomancer, speaks the remaining verbal component, "With many views, yet few reviews, I give this thread a bump!"

Arcane Spell Failure check roll (15%): 1d100=63

Suddenly, a flash of light bursts from Lappy9000, creating this post and hopefully summoning aid from the GITP forum...

Lappy9000
2008-03-23, 05:08 PM
Well, the mnorra don't seem to have been received too well here. Oh, well.

Anyway...adjusted racial ability scores, changed racial bonus feat to fighter/monk bonus feat. So, yeah, unless I decide to add another racial feat or two, or if someone has any feedback, I'm calling the mnorra done.