PDA

View Full Version : Belkar V. Celia (spoiler)

pendell
2008-03-17, 10:28 AM
Seriously, who would win?

Celia can fly, and has sorcerer spell-like abilities. Why doesn't she just fly up to 50' (20 feet above Belkar's reach with the 30' ring of jumping) and hit him with lightning over and over again until he dies?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

monty
2008-03-17, 10:43 AM
What happens if she runs out of spell slots?

Without knowing her level or spell selection, it's hard to judge.

Aristeidis
2008-03-17, 11:07 AM
Any class - race can kill another if properly prepared.
Celia might outsmart Belkar easily enough to kill him, but that doesn't mean she is going to do it.
As I see it Anyone can kill Anyone. The matter is why. In a dnd session someone might say "let's kill him for fun" but in a comic the characters must have realistic attitudes. That's why I like Belkar less and less.

Shalewind
2008-03-17, 11:35 AM
In a dnd session someone might say "let's kill him for fun" but in a comic the characters must have realistic attitudes.

<grumbles> Because of course, role-players don’t need to justify their actions or personalities… [/grumbling]

Lupy
2008-03-17, 08:43 PM
Ok, here's a detailed look at what would happen imho:

Celia: Haley! That is it! If you wont do something about the disgusting litttle pyschopath I guess I will!

Belkar: *grins* Bring it sister.

Celia: *Flies up out of his reach and shoots off one of her few combat spells (based on todays comic I'm guessing she never was interested in fighting), maybe magic missle.

Belkar: *jumps* gotta do better than that. *Jumps, thorws knife, hits her*

Celia: Aaaa! Ok that is it *casts fireball*

Belkar: *jumps again and brings her down*

Celia: *shoots again*

They get off a few more rounds, Belkar gets hurt then starts carving her up.

Haley: Stop Fighting! *has badass moment and makes them both listen* We are on the safe side! So both of you idiots stop hitting each other!

blackspeeker
2008-03-17, 09:12 PM
Since Belkar is the only one willing to kill here, it only seems logical he would win.

someonenonotyou
2008-03-17, 09:28 PM
Belkar would so win i mean come on no contest

pendell
2008-03-18, 06:46 AM
What happens if she runs out of spell slots?

Without knowing her level or spell selection, it's hard to judge.

We know she has lightning, because she's used it twice. And we know she can inherently fly. What else does she need?

She also made a comment to Haley along the lines of 'have you tried charming them', implying she knows charm monster/charm person as well.

I find the next 3 posters unconvincing. I contend Celia can fly higher than Belkar can jump. All she has to do is fly out of his reach (fifty/sixty feet should do it) and just blast away.

Round 1: Celia uses movement rate to reach 60 feet.

Round 2: Celia fires lightning. Belkar jumps, misses because Celia is out of reach.

Rounds 3...N : Repeat Round 2 until Belkar is down to negative hit points. Presumably at this point Celia would stop and allow Haley to stabilize him.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Eric
2008-03-18, 08:41 AM
Round 1: Celia uses movement rate to reach 60 feet.

Round 2: Celia fires lightning. Belkar jumps, misses because Celia is out of reach.

Rounds 3...N : Repeat Round 2 until Belkar is down to negative hit points. Presumably at this point Celia would stop and allow Haley to stabilize him.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

How many lightning bolts does Celia have? N? Where N=enough to kill the sexy shoeless god of war?

And now please turn your gaze to Celia's words: If I did that, I'd be no better than him.

Celia's best bet would be to pick up Roy's corpse and fly away so that Belkar is more than a mile from Roy's corpse.

Then again, that's pretty cold-blooded. And I would call that an Evil act.

Celia's only hope is

a) bitch to Haley to do the deed (coward that she is if she does it)
b) try to persuade Belkar to change

(b) is the only one that fits in with Celia's portrayed character so far but the one least likely to work.

Leewei
2008-03-18, 08:50 AM
Seriously, who would win?

Celia will hand Belkar over to the authorities at her next opportunity. Belkar will be so enraged, he'll attack her and trigger the mark of justice.