PDA

View Full Version : Irreconcilable differences

HamsterOfTheGod
2008-03-17, 09:30 PM
It seems to me that in the last few strips, Celia is dead set against the adventuring lifestyle and this means that, eventually, she and Roy will have to break up.

It's the old story...boy finds flying girl, boy loses life, flying girl finds boy's corpse, boy comes back to life, boy loses flying girl...

So then who is Roy's ultimate "Type O" treasure? Haley? Therkla?? Miko (resurrected) ???

Animefunkmaster
2008-03-17, 09:40 PM
I will cast a vote for Belkar's Riding Dog.

Orzel
2008-03-17, 10:01 PM
Celia hasn't killed a goblin yet.
Once you slay a greenface, your eyes open.

SteveMB
2008-03-17, 10:07 PM
It'd make for an interesting conversation, assuming Roy does eventually get rezzed and Celia is still around.

While Roy would absolutely agree with Celia that Belkar was wrong to attack a peaceful merchant, he might be a bit more flexible (though perhaps not going as far as Haley in dismissing Celia's objection) about the hobgoblin kill.

NikkTheTrick
2008-03-17, 10:24 PM
Celia hasn't killed a goblin yet.
Once you slay a greenface, your eyes open.
I can actually see it happen. They end up in a combat and it will come down to Belkar/haley being overwhelmed and only Celia's interference can save them all from death. Unwillingly, she kills the enemy... and it will feel good...

Next thing we know is Celia wearing chainmail bikini from the House of Fanservice and wielding a greatsword (no innuendo intended).

holywhippet
2008-03-17, 10:53 PM
If Miko comes back, repents and learns to relax more she could be good for Roy.

NikkTheTrick
2008-03-17, 11:31 PM
If Miko comes back, repents and learns to relax more she could be good for Roy.

I think it is universally accepted that if Miko comes back she will be with Belkar.

bluish_wolf
2008-03-17, 11:34 PM
I think it is universally accepted that if Miko comes back she will be with Belkar.

...or her horse.

osyluth
2008-03-17, 11:38 PM
...or her horse.

...or Belkar's dog.

The_Weirdo
2008-03-17, 11:46 PM
...or Belkar's dog.

Okay, why the hell is a Dachshund dog getting more action than me?

Charles Phipps
2008-03-18, 12:29 AM
I actually like the potentials there.

But mostly because I like that nothing Roy touches doesn't fall apart somehow.

:-)

NikkTheTrick
2008-03-18, 12:31 AM
...or Belkar's dog.
We already have a picture of Miko and Windstriker. It and Otygh vs. Celia, Haley and Miko are contesting the place of #1 horror in the house of horrors. If you are interested, look in that thread in the Arts and Crafts section.

Be warned, though, that it will defile your mind and make you a Ctulhu minion.