2008-03-17, 10:35 PM
Goggles of Darksight
Price: 12,000 gp
Body Slot: face
Caster Level: 1
Aura: faint transmutation
Activation: -
Weight: -
These goggles have dark lenses, but don't seem to hinder your sight...

These goggles grant you the ability to ignore the effects of magical darkness, like that of a Darkness spell, within 60 feet. They let you see through magical darkness, but do not grant you the ability to see through natural darkness.
prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Ebon Eyes
cost to create: 6,000 gp, 480 xp, 12 days

Ninjalitude
2008-03-17, 11:40 PM
I think that Goggles of darkvision already exist, although those see through natural darkness, not artificial over all seems pretty balanced. Nice work.

dman11235
2008-03-18, 09:23 AM
Goggles of Night (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#gogglesofNight).

keyboardboy101
2008-03-19, 02:02 AM
I second that. Goggles of Night already exist as you know, plus Ebon Eyes (prerec spell) covers both of those too.

We had a Bandana of Night in a campaign I was doing that nullified darkness (m & non-m) and invisibility and it was only valued at around 15,000 i think. If you want to go with just magical darkness, I'd at least lower the price. It shouldn't be the same as something which can see both (Goggles of Night).

dman11235
2008-03-19, 10:49 AM
Your item was underpriced. Seeing through invis is worth more than that alone. Yours should cost something like 30,000. Lantern of Revealing costs 30,000, btw, but is Invis Purge, not see invis.

And I'm aware of the goggles of night, hence why I linked them, and I even used them as a measuring stick for price. This item does something different, it allows sight through magical darkness, but not natural, much like Ebon Eyes. And what if you aren't a spellcaster? Can't cast Ebon Eyes? Or already have darkvision? Can't use the action to cast a spell? Can't afford the spell slot? Need it constant? Personally, I'd pay up to 15,000 for this item, and I'd consider it a steal at 9,000 or less. 12,000 is the price of the other goggles, and falls right in this range, and costs a lot more than a constant 1st level spell does according to the DMG pricing (using it as guidelines, typically constant costs more than they say).