PDA

View Full Version : Can Chameleons turn/rebuke? undead

Frosty
2008-03-18, 01:36 PM
I don't have the Races of Destiny with me right now. Can Chameleons turn/rebuke undead when divinely focused?

LibraryOgre
2008-03-18, 08:32 PM
No, but they can Emulate a Class feature at a later level.

Frosty
2008-03-18, 09:04 PM
Isn't Turning/Rebuking a (Su) ability and can't be emulated? Or is that only for Factotums?

Jack_Simth
2008-03-18, 09:19 PM
Isn't Turning/Rebuking a (Su) ability and can't be emulated? Or is that only for Factotums?
It's one of the things specifically spelled out that they can do via emulating a class feature.

It's even one of WotC's Excerpts (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20041210b&page=1) online.

Frosty
2008-03-18, 09:27 PM
Cool. So a Factotum/Chameleon can Turn *and* Rebuke Undead...while Raging, after he had cast Haste on himself and Summon Nature's Ally III, and after battle he can also heal himself or others with a touch?

Jack_Simth
2008-03-18, 09:32 PM
Cool. So a Factotum/Chameleon can Turn *and* Rebuke Undead...while Raging, after he had cast Haste on himself and Summon Nature's Ally III, and after battle he can also heal himself or others with a touch?

I don't know about the healing others part, unless you're referring to casting Cure Light Wounds (not familiar with the factorum), but yes - the Chameleon can handle the rest at sufficient level with some preparation, burning though most of the per-day abilities and using a double-focus (Arcane and Divine) and two uses of Emulate Class Ability.

Frosty
2008-03-18, 09:36 PM
The factotum is to the chameleon as the Sorcerer is to the Wizard. The factotum is kinda a more generalist version (and a base class) that can do everything at once...but just not quite as good as the chameleon can at whatevder the chameleon chooses to focus on that day.

Factotums can mimic arcane spells as SLAs, and they can use inspiration points to do basically a weak version of lay on hands wis mod times/day. Or they can use a point to turn (and only turn, no matter the alignment) by spending points as well.

Basically, they can do a lot of things, but they only have so many points per encounter. They decide what they need to be the moment they need it, not at the morning like a chameleon.