PDA

View Full Version : Natural powers for an ooze?

Townopolis
2008-03-18, 04:52 PM
Alright, so a guy in my group is starting a game using the Powergame system. I'm afraid I don't know where to find this online (He has the rules printed out for us) but it doesn't really matter that much, as my problem is very, very simple.

I get up to 5 powers. These can be pretty much anything as long as they aren't to broad or far-fetched. These may also be used to upgrade stats into superhuman levels. I have 4 of these figured out, but am a bit stymied regarding what to do with my 5th power.

I have so far...

1) Digest (I can dissolve most things and absorb their atoms. This may be useable to power other abilities, not sure yet)
2) Mutate (I alter the properties of my cells to give myself various properties from stickiness, to becoming fire retardant)
3) Squeeze (As an ooze, I can squeeze through almost any hole, plain and simple)
4) Super Endurance (Raises my endurance to superhuman levels, it's pretty hard to kill a collection of relatively homogenous cells)
5) ??? (I used to have a magical power here based on the idea of using absorbed materials to fabricate items, but I'd rather something more oozy)

(Stats are: Strength, Agility, Endurance, Speed, Intellect, Willpower, Awareness, and Charisma)

I'll also be fleshing him out with other stuff. I have a few weaknesses picked out (vulnerable to sonic damage), but the power is what I need help with.

Kurald Galain
2008-03-18, 05:01 PM
5) Split Form. You can split into two oozes (with reduced stats each) and control both.

RTGoodman
2008-03-18, 05:09 PM
I don't know the system, but what about an immunity or resistance to mind-affecting abilities? Seems oozy to me.

Ooh, or since you can digest people, what about a Kirby-esque ability to gain some of their powers or abilities for a while? (Or if you're creepy, maybe you gain their memories and the ability to morph into something that looks like them, so you can infiltrate and such.)

Kurald's suggestion seems cool, too, but make sure there's a definite benefit to being halved.

Prometheus
2008-03-18, 06:40 PM
Omnisense - each ooze cell has the ability to see, hear, feel, taste, and smell. Therefore you sense in every direction and from multiple perspectives (combine with squeeze to peak around corners
Disguise - temporarily change your color, texture, and shape (combined with mutate and squeeze) to emulate any form.
Poison/Disease/Acid - should they exist in this system you could have any of them.
Meld - Seep into a porous surface (dirt, wood, sand, snow, coral etc) hiding yourself or controlling it.
Elastic Energy - You have the power to compress yourself storing up energy - the release of which allows you to temporarily expand, to launch off of any surface, or to hit or lash out at a target.