PDA

View Full Version : A Zombie's London IC

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-18, 06:21 PM
Day 1 - Morning

It's a bright spring morning in central London, It's just a little after rush hour and the crowds are starting to disperse as people head into their workplaces. However you don't know this. You're all on the London Underground heading to your own individual destinations. As luck would have it you all end up on the same tube train, its pretty busy so you are all stood up crushed to one end of the carriage, as you pull into Oxford Circus station the haunting melody of a busker floats around your ears, he's singing some old Johnny Cash song you recognise it to be "When The Man Comes Around"
There's a man goin' 'round takin' names.
An' he decides who to free and who to blame.
Everybody won't be treated all the same.
There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

The Busker's song is cut short as the train doors close and you pull away. You travel in the noisy silence only the London Underground can offer for about 5 minutes before your World falls apart.
The ground seems to shake beneath your feet, a rush of booming noise fills your ears and the train comes to a shuddering hault screeching emergency brakes, the lights flicker briefly allowing a quick glimpse of each others frightened faces before they go out and you are plunged into darkness.

Gazareth
2008-03-18, 06:49 PM
Michael Pacey QC

"Great. Today of all days..." I mutter under my breath.

I begin to reach out with my hands, trying hard to find the door release button.

Aptera
2008-03-18, 09:13 PM
"Oh. ****e."

random memories pour forth. Training, his mother hugging him, his first car. Jadyn grabs a wrench from his toolbox and starts flipping it in his hand.

quiet1mi
2008-03-18, 09:47 PM
Brock rolls with the crowd while chanting stay calm....stay calm no need to worryto himself...

Forum Explorer
2008-03-18, 10:25 PM
Riley Conner

I pull out my laptop, moving slowly as to prevent it from slipping and turn it on, using it's light as a type of flashlight.

Zyks
2008-03-19, 03:37 AM
James Smith

Damn, now I'm going to be late for the lecture!

James switches off his mp3 player and looks around. Wandering in the eery glow of the laptop, he too searches for the release on the doors.

Solophoenix
2008-03-19, 06:56 AM
Sam McGowan

"Well, I'm sure that's not meant to happen" Sam mutters to himself

Unfamiliar with riding the tube, he decides to stay put and see what everyone else is doing.

I really hope this is just something that happens every now and then

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-19, 10:41 AM
As the laptop glows it shows a montage of scared faces, people don't know what to do, as people begin to talk in ever increasing voices you hear words such as "Help!" "OH MY GOD!" You even hear hurried whipers of people suggesting terrorism, panic is swiftly rising.

Michael Pacey QC and James Smith
You both manage to find the door release, the same one as it should happen, pulling the switch would open the doors.

Everyone else
You notice two guys looking for and finding the switch and notice everyone looking panicked.

Solophoenix
2008-03-19, 11:03 AM
Sam McGowan

A sudden thought flashes across Sam's mind.

"WAIT! DON'T OPEN THE DOOR!"

Zyks
2008-03-19, 11:07 AM
James

Always straight to terrorism isn't it. Never a good old Alien invasion any more. Just blame the middle east

He presses the release button and turns to the rest of the passengers. He speaks with a mild yorkshire accent.

Ok, first thing, calm down and shut up. Nothing productive's going to happen with panic. We just need to get out of here, walk down the tube and back to the station. Simple right?

He hoped his voice conveyed confidence enough to get the passengers controlled.

I won't actually type in a yorkshire accent, its not as easy as you'd think :smallwink:

Gazareth
2008-03-19, 12:07 PM
Michael

I turn to the man talking from the doorway, and raise my voice over the crowd,

"They won't listen - they'd rather sit here and panic."

I turn my attention to the tunnel outside.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-19, 05:29 PM
Riley Conner

I start to walk over to the open door carrying my laptop, pausing for a sec I turn to the general direction of the voice that had opposed opening the door.
Why shouldn't we open the door?

Riley's voice is compleatly calm and bland as if nothing had happened.

Zyks
2008-03-19, 05:45 PM
Solophoenix' post slipped in whilst I was typing mine. I only just noticed it now. So is it fair to say I don't open the door? or shall we go ahead with whats been said?

Also, I hope nobody minds me writing in third person; I find it easier than in first.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-20, 04:46 AM
Zyks! yes you can, Forums can be evil places for this sort of thing so yeh you didn't open the door!

The passengers don't seem any more calmed than before, panicked voices are rising. As you stand another explosion rocks the train and the sorrounding tunnel from behind you. People begin to scream as the first trails of smoke enter the carriage.

I'm aware this is all a bit heavy and similar to events that happened in London, this is unintentional, please don't judge me!

Zyks
2008-03-20, 07:19 AM
James

In order to make himself heard, He calls over the noise of everyone else Ok, so now can we open the door? I'd rather not choke to death! Anyone have a proper torch? laptop screens are hardly the best light source in a tunnel.

quiet1mi
2008-03-20, 08:25 AM
"pulls out a cellphone and turns on is flashlight feature"
(Brock's is the old kind that has a flashlight attached)
SHUT UP!!!! yells Brock at the top of his lungs...
brock grabs his "flashlight and tries to signal everyone to where he is" We are not going to get anywhere by pushing and shoving and had this been a real problem like a terrorist attack don't ya think that we would be goners by now?

Gazareth
2008-03-20, 08:31 AM
Michael

I move to where the light is waving back and forth, and call out to the shouting man. What do you suggest then? Got some brilliant plan have you? We can't exactly wait here forever.

Solophoenix
2008-03-20, 09:34 AM
Sam McGowan

Sam yells to make himself heard as best he can

"If you open the door, people are gonna spill out into the tunnel. Given how fast we stopped, and these explosions, I really doubt this is a power cut! It seems more like we've derailed. That means that the live rail is probably STILL LIVE! If you put this many people in a dark tunnel, someone is going to be killed!

We're probably safest if we stay here, the driver will already have radiod for help, and that help will be coming here!"

As he finishes yelling, Sam realises how out of place his New Zealand accent sounds, and hopes he won't be ignored because of it.

Zyks
2008-03-20, 11:42 AM
James

Radioed for help? We're underground! Though I daresay the driver should have some form of communication. But then, who can tell with the way things are done these days Besides, surely all we have to do is stay away from the live rail?

Gazareth
2008-03-20, 11:58 AM
Michael
*Noticing the wrench in Jadyn's hands*
You, mechanic, surely you know which one's the live rail, you could guide us out of here.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-20, 03:40 PM
Riley Conner

We'll just have to be careful to avoid the rail. I say opening the door. I also turn off and pack up my laptop seeing no need to drain it's power while another adequete light source is present. Peering into the darkness I carefully lower myself onto the ground making sure my feet do not touch the rails. I then walk over to the side of the tunnel and turn back and look at those remaing inside the vehicle. Well, lets get going then. On that note should we head back to where we came from or onwards to the next station?

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-20, 06:33 PM
Riley Connor
Uhh the door isn't actually open.... But I have no problems with this as long as the others don't.
As you step down acrid foul smelling smoke clogs your lungs, you feel your throat is slightly burnt, you may want to seek help for it. Other than this you are ok. You manage to make it to the other side fine.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-20, 06:47 PM
OOC: oops my bad, lets just say I opened the door then

Zyks
2008-03-20, 07:00 PM
James

I'm with you mate He calls after Riley, jumping out after him I reckon we out to go back towards the last station, obviously going forward would lead to whatever stopped us. And I'd rather not find out.

quiet1mi
2008-03-21, 12:14 AM
(ooc) sorry for the lack of replies i have been sick and it is hard to talk in charectar while coughing

Brock yesky will cover his mouth with his shirt and proceed to fallow the stream of people leaving...or just wade through them...

Gazareth
2008-03-21, 05:44 AM
Michael

Hey, wait for me!

Covering my mouth with my shirt and tie I follow the others out on to the tracks.

Solophoenix
2008-03-21, 08:06 AM
Sam

"Alright, as it seems we're leaving, I'm gonna try and find the driver, then I'll catch up. Oh, and I'm not sure about heading backward, there could be another train on it's way."

Sam gets out his cellphone, and using the backlight as best he can for a torch he tries to move toward the front of the train.

Aptera
2008-03-21, 08:59 AM
Jadyn Thomasson

"Yes, yes. I might. Give me some time." Jadyn, comes out of his period of indecision, rushes down to the edge of the tracks, turns on his lighter (and lights a cigar) and looks over them. Can he tell which one is the live rail?

From the ground he calls, "I want to get out of the tunnels. If this is some kind of attack its too easy to get lost here, and we could be trapped."

Also with previous experience can he tell anything about the explosions being heard?

OOC: VERY sorry for not posting.

Zyks
2008-03-21, 09:29 AM
James

Not wanting to spoil anything, but from general knowledge live rails tend to be between the two others. Not sure if this is so on the real underground. This is just what I know :smallsmile:

So is it back, forward or stay put? non eof them are that appealing. But I'd like to be above ground again.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-21, 12:09 PM
As you step down onto the tracks smoke hits all of you, those who didn't cover there faces (Riley, Jadyn, James) now suffer fromn smoke inhalation and should probably get emergency help.
The rest of you find the air heavy but are well enough.
Jadyn

The live wire is in fact the middle one! Although looking at it you notice that it is not live.

Sam

You manage to make your way to the front of the train where the drivers enclosure is, the door is locked but the emergency button to get in is still intact.

Solophoenix
2008-03-21, 02:08 PM
Sam

Sam presses the button.

Aptera
2008-03-21, 02:19 PM
OCughing and weezing, Jadyn rushes back into the car, covering his mouth as soon as he realises how bad the smoke is. He says "The wire isn't...live *cough**splutter* Yo can go*cough*!

Forum Explorer
2008-03-21, 03:03 PM
Riley Conner

Coughing too hard to talk I notice that moving back into the car will be useless as it will fill with smoke now that the doors are open. Feeling that the only way to survie would be to get out of the tunnel I stagger off moving back the way I came using the wall for support. I also cover my face with my shirt to try and minimilize the problem.

Zyks
2008-03-21, 05:16 PM
James

Seeing someone else heading off through the smoke, James stumbles after them (following Riley) Attempting to cover his face with whatevers available to him, which mainly consists of his elbow.

Gazareth
2008-03-22, 02:41 AM
Michael

I follow the others whichever way we're heading down the tracks, covering my mouth as before.

Aptera
2008-03-22, 09:13 AM
Jadyn Thomason

He follows the others after shouting for everyone else to get off. He covers his mouth with his shirt.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-22, 07:06 PM
Sam
((Could you put spoiler tags in, just in case other people don't want to read about this for character reasons...))

You press the button and manage to make your way into the driver's compartment. He's dead, and quite obviously. The derailment of the train causedthe driver to hit his head on the windscreen splattering blood on it and leaving the driver on the floor with his head at an unnatural angle.

Everyone Else

As you walk away from the train people start to follow in small groups some with major injuries while some are fine, after what seems like an age you come to a station platform, the sign says Oxford Circus. It is deserted, smoke flows through the platform and up the stairs in the middle of the platform.

Aptera
2008-03-22, 07:28 PM
Jadyn Thomasson

"*cough* Lets go! I want *hurhk* some fresh air!" coughing his way, Jadyn relies on his previous knowledge of London underground to get him there. He continues to hold his wrench and toolbox.

Zyks
2008-03-22, 07:51 PM
James

remaining silent in order to preserve whats left of his lungs, James hurries towards the stairways, trying to get above ground.

Who to free and who to blame... everybody won't be treated the same. Kind of ominous that busker.

Gazareth
2008-03-22, 08:23 PM
Michael

Following the crowd I head upwards towards the streets.

Oxford Circus... well that's not a million miles from the High Court, maybe I'll make it in time after all.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-22, 09:19 PM
Riley Conner
I head up the stairs looking for a map to show where I am, also looking for somebody who is an anthourity.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-23, 06:14 AM
As you head up the stairs the only maps you can find are tube maps showing that you are in fact somewhere in central London. As you leave the tube station you walk out into Oxford Circus, Traffic is stopped everywhere everyone angrily honking their horns. The reason for the traffic jam is obvious. In the centre of Oxford Circus is a large orange tent with men in orange bio-hazard suits milling around with rifles.
One of them stands with his rifle raised at the exit to the tube station;
Move along! Please pass through the tent and you can be evacuated. The man directs you towards the tent like structure.
To your left a gunshot is fired but you cannot see where or why as your view is obstructed by what looks like an army van.

Jadyn

From your days in the marines you recognise that the men in the suits are in fact soldiers in full bio-hazard gear and that the tent is a decomtamination unit for bio and nuclear warfare. You can see this is a wel rehearsed exercise.

Solophoenix
2008-03-23, 06:33 AM
Sam

Sam looks around for any sort of communication eqquipment, trying to put the shock of discovering the dead body aside for the moment.

Zyks
2008-03-23, 06:49 AM
James

Wow, security has stepped up since... well this morning! I don't suppose you could tell us what happened? though I guess its probably classified...

He moves onwards towards the tent, clearly showing his hands are empty and that he poses not threat

No sense in aggrovating a man with a gun pointed at you now is there?

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-23, 07:02 AM
Sam
Looking at the main console of the train you spot a radio.

James
The soldier looks at you and says;
Look, just get a move on, this isn't good, not for us not for you and not for anyone.
He then turns back to those coming out of the underground and continues shouting to go into the tent.

Gazareth
2008-03-23, 07:30 AM
Michael

At least everyone else is running late too...

I follow after James and the other passengers towards the tent, not really too bothered by anything going on.

Just another normal day in London, it's never peaceful.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-23, 08:39 AM
Riley Conner

I go up to the soldier start to talk, my voice calm Sir, one of the trains in the Underground crashed, some of the surviors probley need medical help and there may be some people stuck in the wreck. With that I begin walking into the tent.

Solophoenix
2008-03-23, 11:25 AM
Sam

Sam picks up the radio and attempts to make contact with someone.

"Hello, hello? Is there anyone there?"

He thinks for a moment

"Er, mayday?"

While doing this he looks out of the front windscreen of the train to see what is visible.

Aptera
2008-03-23, 12:26 PM
Jadyn Thomasson

Jadyn puts his wrench back inside the toolbox and goes into the military tent.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-24, 05:26 AM
OOC; Sorry guys I forgot a map....

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3336/oxfordcircusqb6.jpg
The Orange is where the army trucks are with the tent. The Blue is heavy traffic. You came out where it says Oxford Circus.

Riley Connor
The soldier turns to you and says rather calmly, We are well aware of the situation. You are worried about them dying? I am worried about them living.

Everyone except sam
The rest of you start walking towards the tent and enter.
Before you is a large chambered tent, you are each directed into small compartment with a guy in a biohazard suit. They ask if you have been hurt in any way and if you have seen anything beyond the normal.

Sam

The radio doesn't work, it seems to be dead. Looking ahead of you, you can see a a fire in the distance up the track, smoke continues to billow up the track.

Zyks
2008-03-24, 06:58 AM
James

Not hurt as such, a little shaken. The underground crashed. I've no idea why, we just made our way back to the surface.

Gazareth
2008-03-24, 08:36 AM
Michael

Hurt? Not at all. But what do you mean out of the ordinary, that's a curious thing to say...

I look quizically at the man, trying to figure out what he's hiding.

Ashley, since I'm a barrister, and I do this every day for a career, can we assume I'm good at getting info from people? Not saying I have to get everything out of everyone though.

Solophoenix
2008-03-24, 09:05 AM
Sam

"Right then, time to go" Sam says to no-one in paticular as he moves back down the train to the last door, covering his mouth and nose with his jacket. He steps into the tunnel and follows it backwards, wanting to avoid the fire.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-24, 01:11 PM
James
The man in the biohazard suit looks at you quizically as you cough from your throat burns though you don't mention it. The soldier says to you in an even tone; Well, we know what happened. That cough you've got. Did you get hurt while you were down there? Or is it some kind of cold?

Michael

You have a discussion with the soldier.

Yes, Gareth I believe it was one of your talents was it not? If you ever want to draw on your talents just stick it in your post as OOC!
As you try to draw information from the guard he accidentily lets it slip that a government research lab had a "mishap" and the lab exploded. The reason the decontamination is because they are worried of an infection spreading. However when the guard realises what he has said he swears you to secrecy.

Sam
You follow the same route that the others took. As you enter the tube station you see Soldiers enter with their rifles raised, upon seeing you they shout; You! Get out now! Run!
As you jog up out of the station you are directed to a big orange tent where a man wearing an orange bio-hazard suit asks you; Did you get hurt down there? And did you see anything unusual given the circumstances?

Gazareth
2008-03-24, 01:26 PM
Michael
I thank the man, and shake his hand, agreeing to keep it a secret.

Solophoenix
2008-03-24, 03:14 PM
Sam

"I'm not hurt, nothing unusual considering what happened. The driver was killed in the crash though, I think everyone else is ok"

Forum Explorer
2008-03-24, 03:33 PM
Riley Conner

When the man asks me if I was hurt I respond The smoke from the crash burned my throat but besides that I feel fine.

Zyks
2008-03-24, 04:56 PM
James

Well, smoke down there I guess. I got a lungful of it. Just like always round towns, you can't go anywhere without breathing other peoples smoke. Don't suppose you have anything fo it?

Aptera
2008-03-24, 06:14 PM
Jadyn Thomasson

I breathed smoke, other then that I'm fine.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-26, 05:06 AM
Noon Day 1

James and Jadyn
The man in the biohazard suit swears quietly under his breath; Ok, I'm going to give you some antibiotics, They won't do much for the burns, your body will have to do that but it will stop any kind of ughhh infection. You are given a glass of water and made to swallow the cocktail of drugs, they taste awful. The man then shows you the way out.

Everyone Else
The guy in the biohazard suit thanks you for your time and shows you the way out.

As you stand there, outside the tent, looking at the organised chaos you can't help but wonder why? However your musing thoughts are lost as the ground tremors beneath you as another explosion rocks through the underground, there is a few seconds silence on the surface before the explosion reaches the exit of the underground and smoke explodes out into the streets. The smoke is sweeping towards you like a huge dust cloud and you notice it looks different to normal smoke, this smoke is truely black.

OOC

I don't normally tell people what to do in games but now may be a good time to leave. Quickly.

Zyks
2008-03-26, 05:27 AM
James

And theres my time to leave!

James sprints off to the north, smoothly vaulting, running on and sliding over the cars and heavy traffic

Skills time! Free running away :smallsmile:

Solophoenix
2008-03-26, 05:36 AM
Sam

Sam runs after James, trying to keep up with the crazy jumpy man.

Good thing I decided to get out of that tunnel when I did

Gazareth
2008-03-26, 06:33 AM
Michael

Huh, this started because some lab exploded... and they got scared about infections... and now the underground's about to blow up big time...

RUN!

I head off after the two men already racing down the road, dragging people along with me, worried there's a link to what I already know.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-26, 07:19 AM
Riley Conner

Seeing the smoke billow out I stand still trying to determine the wind direction after a couple seconds I start to run in the dircection I think is upwind.

OOC: Why wasn't my guy given any antibiotics?

Aptera
2008-03-26, 05:04 PM
Jadyn Thomasson

He hurriedly runs after the others.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-27, 12:41 PM
Riley Connor

Sorry, I totally forgot to wirte it for you, I know its lame but would you mind if we said Riley was given antibiotics?

Everyone
As the smoke leads out smothering everything in its path you all run North, As you reach the end of the heavy traffic the are fewer cars here and the road eases up, you notice for the first time that people are running with you, though some are starting to run into shops and buildings and jamming the doors shut to get away from the smoke cloud which is only about 20 feet behind you.

MAP;

You are all in roughly the green area, the red is the smoked area. The buildings around you are all either shops or offices, most have people at the doors gawking at the smoke.
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4044/smokedjm0.jpg

Gazareth
2008-03-27, 06:56 PM
Michael

experiment gone wrong... this might be some kind of gas weapon... I need to get somewhere safe now!

I look around for an open doorway, and run towards the nearest one aiming to get out of the smoke's way.

You wanna complain about trespassing, I'll represent myself and throw emergency situation at you...

Forum Explorer
2008-03-27, 09:59 PM
Riley Conner

Despite seeing some people run into buildings I decide to keep running thinking that the smoke will stop advanceing soon enough plus with less people and traffic to deal with I should be able to gain some more ground on the smoke.

Zyks
2008-03-28, 03:37 AM
James

Its just diffusion right?so much the cloud itself with stop or dissipate. Just keep running! But then how bigs the cloud?..

James continues down the street, taking the straightest route possible, vaulting obstacles to keep his speed up and smooth.

Solophoenix
2008-03-28, 10:24 AM
Sam

Sam also continues running away from the cloud, pulling his jacket over his mouth and nose again in case the cloud manages to catch him.

Aptera
2008-03-28, 09:44 PM
Jadyn Thomasson

Jadyn begins to back away, but seeing the others going towards the gas he moves towards it cautiously.

JettWilderbeast
2008-03-30, 03:38 AM
Michael
You run into a small newsagents selling tabloids and food for on the go. As you run in the owner and 2 other people slam the door shut and jam coats, jumpers and towels into the doorway to stop the smoke coming in. You turn round and see the smoke glide past you like a silent ghost, and then your World goes black as the smoke stops any light entering the shop.
Just a minute.. Just a minute... You feel the shopkeeper squeeze past you and after a few seconds a halogen bulb illuminates the shop, its people and the smoke.

Riley, James and Sam
You keep running along but the smoke keeps up its solid pace behind you and you are all starting to get fatigued, ahead of you, you see people getting out of cars and leaving doors open, shops with doors open and an open manhole cover.

Jadyn
Wait... What? You walk into the smoke? Who else is?

Zyks
2008-03-30, 04:22 AM
James

Dashing to the side of the street, James forces the nearest door open and barges inside. He waits until the smoke gets closer, in order to let other people in, before slamming it shut.

Over here! Come on!

Gazareth
2008-03-30, 05:30 AM
Michael

Thanks for letting me in, it's mad out there. Trains blown up and all sorts... Everyone here alright?

I look about at the people with me, to see who they are.

Solophoenix
2008-03-30, 07:04 AM
Sam

Smoke goes up, right?

Sam runs for the manhole and drops inside, moving away from where the smoke would pour in if he happened to be wrong about its density.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-30, 08:24 AM
Riley Conner

Looking back I reliezed that the smoke would soon engulf me. Seeing the open manhole I dash over and climb down.(If the cover is withen reach Riley will pull it over the hole.) At the bottem of the ladder I turn on my laptop using it's light to look around, seeing another person I move over to them nodding my head in greeting as I'm too busy gasping for air as my lungs protest the unusal activity forced upon them today.

JettWilderbeast
2008-04-01, 01:13 PM
Sam And Riley
You jump down the manhole cover and Riley manages to pull the cover over.
You can't see much with the light from the laptop but you can tell you're in a large sewer tunnel that stretches out to the North and to the South as far as the Laptop will show, the floor is wet underneath and their is a foul smell on the air. The good news is the smoke doesn't go down the manhole.

Michael

The shopkeeper turns to you and says; Not at all young sir, he hides his broken english with a wide smile; I'm glad I could get everybody I could out of the smoke it looks choking, I suspect terrorism!
The shopkeeper is a small elderly asian man with a balding head and a large smile.
There is another lady, who is also elderly and Asian who you suspect to be the Shopkeepers wife and an incredibly large fat man stands near you, he is wearing a London t-shirt, he turns to you and says in a deep south American Drawl; Hey there, I'm Ryan, Man oh man this is screwed up!

James

You run into the nearest shop which happens to be a Starbucks and you let 2 other people in before slamming the door. The cafe is quite busy and people are all stood up staring up at the window and you. A woman screams as the smoke passes the window and plunges you into a brief darkness before somebody turns the light on.

Zyks
2008-04-01, 02:25 PM
James

Wow, Starbucks, just my luck. Anyone want to get me a coffee? As you've probably guessed theres something going on outside right now, so I'll be stayng here right now. I'd appreciate it if nobody paniced.

Gazareth
2008-04-01, 03:22 PM
Michael

Ryan, hi, I'm Michael. Terrorists, I'm afraid it's nothing that easy. I was speaking with a soldier out there a minute ago and he let slip about some disaster at a government lab -they're scared about an infection spreading. Seems a bit of a coincidence to me that there's big explosions.

How best to cover up an infection escaping a lab than explosions, which people will obviously guess at being terrorism.

I look about and grab some food and drinks, and offer some money to the shopkeeper. I look around to see if he sells anything other than the ordinary food/drink/newspaper etc.

Just out of curiosity, have any of you been near any labs or government areas today?

Solophoenix
2008-04-01, 04:38 PM
Sam

Sam turns to the recent arrival and strains to see him through the dim illumination

"Hey, you were on the train too, I remember the laptop. I reckon if we wait here the smoke will eventually clear, and we can take it from there, how about you?"

Forum Explorer
2008-04-01, 05:01 PM
Riley Conner

Sounds good. I say getting my breath back. I'm Riley Conner, computer programmer, and you are?

Solophoenix
2008-04-01, 09:02 PM
Sam

"Sam McGowan, gap student. I assume you're as clueless as I am regarding just what the hell is going on?"

Aptera
2008-04-02, 04:56 PM
(OOC: GAH! I'm sorry I haven't been here my computer went AWOL an I wasn't able to get here by my local library. Um...yeah)

Jadyn Thomasson.

Hurriedly turning around he dashes towards the others. As he sees two of them enter a manhole he urriedly continues until he an enter a shop.

JettWilderbeast
2008-04-04, 02:44 AM
James

You don't get that coffeee, everyone is too transfixed by the smoke, as you watch the smoke seems to be slowly dissipating, you reckon it might have lifted in a few minutes and several gunshots are heard what sounds like just up the road.

Michael

The shopkeeper refuses your money saying that in times of need all Londoners come together. The fat American looks appalled at the idea of the government having a role in this; Aww Man! No way! Our government would never do such a- But his words are cut short as gunshots ring through the air. The smoke seems to be lifting, it could be gone in a few minutes!

Sam And Riley

The silence of the sewers is an eerie one, in the distance you can here water running but around you nothing stirs. Above you, several gunshots are heard ringing through the air.

Jadyn

OOC; Thats ok, We all have computer problems! No worries!

You run into the nearest shop which happens to be an Army Surplus shop. Uniforms and camouflage drape the walls and several knives are kept in a showcase behind the counter, The big muscle man that runs the shop slams it after you as you arrive in and no smoke enters the shop. Woah! That was close! You ok? ****, theres something going on! You don't really have to wait long before seeing the smoke dissipate, you reckon it'll be gone in a few minutes. In your wait you hear gunshots fly through the air. The owner of the shop looks worried; I'd recognise that sound anywhere. Who are those Special Response Soldiers shooting?

Forum Explorer
2008-04-04, 03:28 AM
Riley Conner

Looking up at the sound of gunshots Hmm, we should stay down here for a while longer, at least until we can't here anything up above. As always my voice is bland and calm.

Zyks
2008-04-04, 04:46 AM
James

Gunshots? This must be a more serious problem than I though

"uhh, anyone here know whats going on?

Solophoenix
2008-04-04, 09:40 AM
Sam

"I'd have to say I agree with that assessment"

Gazareth
2008-04-04, 02:10 PM
Michael

Gunshots? Last time I heard those I was standing in a courtroom watching a cctv tape... The man on the receiving end didn't survive... We need to stay hidden, just in case. Do any of you have any kind of self defence weapon?

JettWilderbeast
2008-04-07, 09:38 AM
James

A older man in his late 40s looks out the window before saying to you; No sorry mate, I've not got a clue. Scary though ain' it?
The smoke continues to dissipate until you can barely see it. You reckon its probably ok to go outside. Looking out the shop at the street, it is deserted and there is a fine layer of silt on the floor and cars.

Michael

The little shopkeeper says; Wait just here, I'll go get something. He heads into the back, as you stand in awkward silence with the American you can hear the shopkeeper rustling around. Eventually the man comes back carrying two cricket bats he passes one to you. Lets be careful eh? These are my nice bats!
You look outside and the smoke seems to have pretty much gone. You reckon it might be ok to go outside again. Looking out the shop at the street, it is deserted and although there is a fine layer of silt on the floor and cars.

Sam And Riley

The sewers remain quiet though it feels as though you arn't alone. As you look down you notice, by the dim light of the laptop, hundreds of rats are running past you in the opposite direction of the explosions.

Jadyn

OOC; I know you have computer troubles thats no worries!
IC; The big muscle man looks at you and then the street. I've got no idea what's going on. And I don't care right now. I'm gonna have a cup of coffee. And with that he stomps out the back of the shop.
Looking out the shop at the street, the smokes seems to have pretty much cleared and you can take in the street once again. It is deserted and there is a fine layer of silt on the floor and cars.

Gazareth
2008-04-07, 04:15 PM
Michael

I check the bat out, and walk towards the door, opening it slightly and looking around.

We should all get away from here - who knows what'll happen next...

I gesture for people to follow me, and, assuming the coast looks clear, I head out with whoever is coming with me.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-07, 05:04 PM
Riley Conner

Well that can't be a good sign, we should probley get a move on. I say looking at the rats.

OCC: If Riley can hear any more gunshots, he will start to walk after the rats, if he can't here anything he will lift the manhole cover up slightly and try to see what's going on.

Solophoenix
2008-04-07, 05:11 PM
Sam

"Indeed. This is the part of the movie where the idiots go and find out what the rats are running from, and I'd prefer not to share in that cliché."

Sam follows Riley in whatever action he chooses.

Zyks
2008-04-07, 06:07 PM
James

Scary yes, but I'd say more intriguing. I'd like to know whats going on, and find out for myself rather than rely on the BBC broadcasting government cover ups.

James goes back to the door, and opens it, stepping outside, and (unless others follow) closes it behind him. Covering his face with his arm, he moves along the street.

JettWilderbeast
2008-04-13, 04:19 AM
OOC; Sorry guys! I havn't let this die! I was waiting for Jadyn to reply but it would seem he may or may not be coming back so I'll just god mod him until he comes back.

Michael
The bat is a fine piece of oak wood and very strong. you see antoher group of people leave a shop across the road. The street ahead of you is a mess, the dust from the explosion has settled everywhere giving everything a grey tinge, there even a few bodies suffocated from the smoke. As you look towards where the tube station is, you see the guys in the orange suits making some sort of formation with guns raised.

James
You step out into the street and see another small party leaving a shop across the road. The street ahead of you is a mess, the dust from the explosion has settled everywhere giving everything a grey tinge, there even a few bodies suffocated from the smoke. As you look towards where the tube station is, you see the guys in the orange suits making some sort of formation with guns raised.

Riley And Sam
You hear no more gunshots so decide to look out the manhole cover, you see some people venturing out from shops on either side of the road, from your posistion you can't see the soldiers.

Jadyn
Jadyn also walks out into the street and follows the other people who also coming out of shops.

Zyks
2008-04-13, 07:39 AM
James

James takes another look to see if the guns are aimed at them. If they are aimed this way, he dives behind a car for cover. If they are pointing in another direction, he climbs on top of a car to get a better view, trying to see what they're aiming at.

Gazareth
2008-04-13, 11:36 AM
Michael
I look to see where the guns are aimed too. If it's at us I'm going back inside, if not then I'll wander in to the street with whomever followed me, and look around to see where other people are going.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-13, 01:22 PM
Riley Conner

Hey I don't suppose you know what going on?
I call out to one of the groups of people as I begin to climb out of the manhole.

Solophoenix
2008-04-13, 01:29 PM
Sam

Sam follows Riley out of the manhole and onto the street where he looks around, being careful not to let any of the dust touch bare skin.

Who knows what this stuff could be?

JettWilderbeast
2008-04-18, 02:06 AM
OOC; Sorry if I'm a bit slow at the moment I'm in the middle of exam season!

IC;
As you all look upon the soldiers, a group of around 10 people run out from a side street, they see the soldier before they see you, which is pretty lucky as they then run towards the soldiers screaming loudly, the soldiers open fire bringing down half of them, but the other half run full on into the group of soldiers, it is now a dirty melee fight and despite the soldiers weapons and training they seem to be losing.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-18, 08:08 AM
Riley Conner

We should get out of here. I say while looking at the fight. With that I begin to run, not a fast as possible but at a brisk pace to preserve my energy. London isn't safe right now. First I need to get some supplies then I need to get out of here. I think to myself as I run.

Gazareth
2008-04-18, 12:56 PM
Michael

Well, that was unexpected. I'm outta here.

I turn and head after the chap going the other way.

OOC:Is anyone from the shop following me?

Zyks
2008-04-18, 06:49 PM
James

James jumps down from the top of the car and heasds off after the other two.

Far too late for the lecture now, though if this is a city-wide thing I guess it doesn't matter

Hey, where are you two headed?

OOC: Just out of curiosity (and also with relevance to the game) how much wireless internet is in London? More to the point, Wireless which isn't encrypted?

Solophoenix
2008-04-19, 04:34 AM
Sam

Seeing the others leaving, Sam tags along, hoping they know where they're going.

JettWilderbeast
2008-04-21, 09:57 AM
Mid Afternoon day 1

You all head off in the opposite direction, the shopkeeper stops and shouts to you all; Wait! Let me lock up shop! Then we all go together! Or lock in shop till we safe again! The small man grins at you all.
The fight between the soldiers and the people is over. Blood covers the soldiers as they lay on the ground. The rabble of people now starts to turn its attention to anything nearby, that means you! 3 of the people run towards you. As you look in horror you notice that the soldiers who were on the floor before now get up rather unsteadily. You begin here a loud noise, like a riot around the corner of the street.

OOC;
@gazareth; I hope that answers your question!
@Zyks; Well, theres a fair bit around mostly in cafes and work places and such, you may be lucky and stumble on an unencrypted network, or you may have to try to hack in (worth a go, I've got a way of learning things coming to you soon, when you are all somewhere safe.)

MAP;

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/21/f_OxfordCircum_0084fe3.jpg&srv=img26
I hope this works, Imageshack is down so I'm using a host i don't know! - ok didn't work as planned but nevermind.
You are at blue area, the shopkeepers shop is on the right.
The red is the "people" coming for you.
Green is the area of initial infection.
Yellow is the riotish noise.
I found some new tags on google earth showing restaurants and shops and such, feel free to take advantage of this.

Zyks
2008-04-21, 12:16 PM
James

I guess that lot arent friendly, lets move!

James starts running in the opposite direction

OOC: Yeah if I remember right I put basic hacking on my skills thing, though developing that would be a good idea

Forum Explorer
2008-04-21, 04:53 PM
Riley Conner

I keep running, not bothering to answer the question shouted to me. As I run I scan the stores looking for any that might contain something of use, ignoring any that look to unsecure.

Solophoenix
2008-04-22, 02:40 AM
Sam

Weapon...I need a weapon...What am I thinking? If those soldiers couldn't stop them then I don't have a chance!

Sam continues to run with the others.

Gazareth
2008-04-22, 03:02 AM
Michael

I grab the shopkeeper and run off with the others - cricket bat or no, I'm not fighting the army.

JettWilderbeast
2008-04-26, 07:23 AM
You all run in the opposite direction from the people, after a short chase they veer off and attack a random group of people on the street.
You see a few sport shops around as well as a small food shop.
People are milling around talking about the earlier explosion and the fights breaking out all over the city.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-26, 08:28 AM
Riley Conner

I stop running and walk over to the food store. Grab some food and keep moving, after this I get the food I can get out of here. I think to myself as I enter the store carefully looking if anyone is around.

Solophoenix
2008-05-01, 04:06 PM
Sam

In this moment of slight calm, Sam has a brainwave. Digging into the outside pocket of his laptop bag, he retrieves his cellphone headset, plugs it into the cellphone, then tunes the FM radio in to the BBC. Sam stands in the street listening to the radio, constantly looking around to make sure he isn't taken by surprise.

Zyks
2008-05-01, 06:17 PM
James

Food! Better to fuel up now, this doesnt look good.

James follows Riley to the food shop